Closed Thread

Old
01-05-2012, 12:26 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

vCash: 500
UFAs / Roster Changes / Trades / Qualifying Offers 2011? Part V

Gordon and Smaby on waivers.

Last edited by snarktacular: 01-06-2012 at 12:44 PM.
Old
01-05-2012, 12:28 PM
Papaspud
upsetting the

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Gordon and Smaby on waivers.
Preseason Gordon looked good, but he just seemed to have dropped down the ladder once the "real" games started.

Old
01-05-2012, 12:38 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaspud View Post
Preseason Gordon looked good, but he just seemed to have dropped down the ladder once the "real" games started.
Sums up the entire team almost

TBF to Gordon he had a horrible start the last lot of games he's looked better, but he's not really the type of bottom 6 player you'd want, sort of like a slightly bigger Sexton

Old
01-05-2012, 12:48 PM
Finnpin

NTC: Beauchemin

NMC: Koivu, Selanne, Visnovsky

Old
01-05-2012, 01:14 PM
Force951

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
NTC: Beauchemin

NMC: Koivu, Selanne, Visnovsky
Beauchemin has a list of 12 teams he will accept a trade to. While Visnovsky has a full NMC until July 1st then he has to submit a 10 team list he will accept a trade to.

Old
01-05-2012, 01:20 PM
Crowdy
Co-founder, Crowdy

I think Murray is going to get robbed.

Old
01-05-2012, 01:26 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
I think Murray is going to get robbed.
Me too.

If he trades one of the big 3 to Toronto I'll kill myself. That would be unbearable.

Old
01-05-2012, 01:34 PM
Finnpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax00 View Post
If he trades one of the big 3
If the return is excellent at this point I don't mind and care.

Do you guys think next year will be different for sure? RPG will somehow find their mojo and everything is fine in Duckland?

Old
01-05-2012, 01:34 PM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

I like Gordons energic play. A shame if he gets picked by a club.

Old
01-05-2012, 01:37 PM
Gibson Les Palms

vCash: 814
I could see a scenario where trading Ryan could benefit the team, but I don't think trading Getzlaf would help. It's just too hard to replace a 1st line centre.

Old
01-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Agree with Jesus lol.

But none to TO please. Any team but them, I'd rather them go to LA, then listen to Leaf fans on here. Well, maybe not LA, but anywhere besides those two places.

Old
01-05-2012, 01:44 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

LA at least has some players I'd want...

**** Toronto

Old
01-05-2012, 02:06 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 725
On the NYI board,we're discussing your d-men and our scorers.Seeing if there is a match.

23 yr old Grabner(10 goals,6 assists),is in the first yr of a 5 yr/$15m contract.
Any interest in Grabner+3rd for Sbisa?
Or Grabner+Katic for Sbisa?

Katic is a small,skilled pmd.He's missing this AHL season because of falling awkwardly and getting hurt in training camp.He is expected to be ready by next season's training camp.A writer said after his injury,that he would have been the 1st callup if not for the injury.

Old
01-05-2012, 02:11 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

I dunno, Grabner had a good season last year, but seems to regressed a lot this season. We can't afford to pay another player a good salary to only score on a 3rd line pace.

Sbisa is our only defenceman with any edge to his game as well and is on a nice contract, it's a tough one though.

Old
01-05-2012, 02:20 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
I dunno, Grabner had a good season last year, but seems to regressed a lot this season. We can't afford to pay another player a good salary to only score on a 3rd line pace.

Sbisa is our only defenceman with any edge to his game as well and is on a nice contract, it's a tough one though.
Grabner's always been a slow starter.This yr,that's been hampered by a groin injury he suffered in Dec.

Old
01-05-2012, 02:41 PM
DuckshaveaRPG

what could we add to Sbisa to get Hamonic and also would Matt Martin be available

Old
01-05-2012, 02:42 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
On the NYI board,we're discussing your d-men and our scorers.Seeing if there is a match.

23 yr old Grabner(10 goals,6 assists),is in the first yr of a 5 yr/$15m contract.

Katic is a small,skilled pmd.He's missing this AHL season because of falling awkwardly and getting hurt in training camp.He is expected to be ready by next season's training camp.A writer said after his injury,that he would have been the 1st callup if not for the injury.
I personally don't believe in Grabner. Never really did. Really fast guy with not a lot of smarts and questionable finish. Didn't really produce a lot in juniors or minors. I guess I could see him being more effective offensively long term than Cogliano, but not a whole lot to be worth much to me.

What scares me is he's exactly the type of guy Murray would gamble on.

I don't really see the Ducks as having a surplus of youngish defensemen though. Especially the more defensive, physical type like Sbisa. I think you'd have an easier time taking one of the offensive defensemen prospects like Shultz, Vatanen, or even Fowler. And an even easier time taking an offensive winger, but you don't need that.

I do kind of like Katic. I actually would value him more than Grabner.

Old
01-05-2012, 02:50 PM
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr

Oh well, if Murray will trade Getz, Perry or Ryan, i`ll be @%$!&*^@ mad.

We started the season with ''rookie and undersized bottom6'', which is either Samuellis (budget) or Murrays fault.

If one of core players is traded just because of that? Oh well Bob, you`ll be hated for real.

Old
01-05-2012, 02:58 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
If the return is excellent at this point I don't mind and care.

Do you guys think next year will be different for sure? RPG will somehow find their mojo and everything is fine in Duckland?
If not then were F'd and can only get rental value for them....so now is the time Murray....tick tock

Old
01-05-2012, 03:11 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Here's another proposal for one of your star players... as if you guys didn't have enough of them

Here goes...

Zajac, Tedenby, Tallinder/Greene and a 1st/Merrill
for
Getzlaf

Travis isn't a natural 1st line center like Getzalf but he's a superb complementary center to have if you have star wingers ala Parise and you guys have two of the best in Ryan and Perry. His game isn't about scoring points but he does everything else very very well, is a stud at the dot and is one the best defensive centers in the game.

Tedenby is a high profiled rookie that's learning how to play the game whitout the puck. His skills with the puck are nasty but if you're playing for the Devils, you better know where to be when you don't have the puck... unless your name is Kovalchuk.

Tallinder/Greene could serve you guys for the long run since both of them are locked up for multiple years. They are both 2nd pairing d-men that can move the puck and play a steady game in their own zone. With Beauchemin as a pending UFA, you guys have 4 d-men under contract for next year, so it might be a good fit.

The final asset would have to be either our 1st round pick of this current season or our best defensive prospect in John Merrill.

Flame away

Old
01-05-2012, 03:11 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Any interest in Sabres players/prospects for either Ryan?

Roy, Stafford, Pominville(), Kassian, Ennis, Armia, Adam, Gaustad, and draft picks are all available.

Old
01-05-2012, 03:21 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckshaveaRPG View Post
what could we add to Sbisa to get Hamonic and also would Matt Martin be available
Trading Hamonic defeats the purpose of upgrading the weak D.

Streit-ufa 2013
Eaton-ufa 2012
Jurcina-ufa 2012
Staios-ufa 2012
Mottou-ufa 2012

The only blueline prospect the isles have who's upside comes close to Hamonic is De Haan,an AHL rookie,expected to be on next season's roster.

Losing a quality,young forward like Grabner would hurt in the short term,but with Nino/Strome/Kabanov/Anders Lee/Nelson in the pipeline,he would be easier to replace then Hamonic.Imo the isles D pool is not as deep as the forward prospect pool.

As for Martin..he's young,cheap and brings the physical game the isles need more of,so no reason he would be shopped.If he's dealt,it won't be in a minor deal or as a sweetener.

Old
01-05-2012, 03:26 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
I personally don't believe in Grabner. Never really did. Really fast guy with not a lot of smarts and questionable finish. Didn't really produce a lot in juniors or minors. I guess I could see him being more effective offensively long term than Cogliano, but not a whole lot to be worth much to me.

What scares me is he's exactly the type of guy Murray would gamble on.

I don't really see the Ducks as having a surplus of youngish defensemen though. Especially the more defensive, physical type like Sbisa. I think you'd have an easier time taking one of the offensive defensemen prospects like Shultz, Vatanen, or even Fowler. And an even easier time taking an offensive winger, but you don't need that.

I do kind of like Katic. I actually would value him more than Grabner.
I'd be surprised if Fowler moved.

The isles have 4 pmd in the AHLe Haan,Donovan,Katic and Ness.All will be in camp,fighting for a limited number of roster spots.

I don't see Snow interested in adding more pmd prospects.

Old
01-05-2012, 03:36 PM
Emerald Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post

These two proposals don't really help us. Replacing a young 2-way dman (Sbisa) with a Top 6 forward may help with scoring, but creates a defensive hole. Not much interest in Katic because we have an abundance of offensive dmen in the organization who will be at the AHL or NHL level by next season.

Plugging a hole (more scoring help) by creating another hole on the blueline doesn't help the Ducks moving forward.

Old
01-05-2012, 03:44 PM
Montanaheim
Go Ducks

I wish we were better - not only to not be a bottom dweller, but to not have to see dumbass proposals everywhere on HFboards. Terrible, terrible. Almost as bad as the Ducks' play of late.

Closed Thread