HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Marty was right- JR's struggles have hurt Luc

Closed Thread

Old
12-18-2005, 04:35 AM
jeffreyaa

vCash: 500
Marty was right- JR's struggles have hurt Luc

For one, obviously when they're playing on the same line. For two, as Marty pointed out, AM's moving JR around to try and get him going, but it is really, really hard to do that w/two guys at the same time. AND he's right that Luc just isn't effective in a "stopper" or "energy" role- he's a shooter, and needs to shoot.

That said, I think AM is making the right decision in trying to get JR going first, and I actually have liked him being on the line w/Conroy and Demitra. He gives the line more physicality and certainly more nastiness than Fro, and I do think it's the best chance of getting Jeremy back where he should be.

THAT SAID, it still sucks for Luc, and - as a long, long time Kings fan - it's really hard to see Lucky struggling / pissed / etc.

Old
12-18-2005, 04:59 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

I think Keith Jones was more accurate about Luc on TSN the other night. He said that Luc has lost the speed that he had, and he's not even able to get into his normal shooting positions on time anymore... And add into that, having his hands go a bit, and we pretty see exactly what we've been getting.

I love Luc, and as a fan of his I want to see him keep playing and hoist a Cup for the Kings. The Kings fan in me says he should retire.

12-18-2005, 10:32 AM
kingsfan25

I HAVE noticed JR a little bit more lately, could be a result of increased ice time, could be improved play. He just needs to keep shooting. Regain the confidence (which he claims is now shot) in his...er...shot. If I remember correctly, he always had a pretty good shot, which the Kings could really use about now.

Old
12-18-2005, 01:52 PM
jeffreyaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25
I HAVE noticed JR a little bit more lately, could be a result of increased ice time, could be improved play. He just needs to keep shooting. Regain the confidence (which he claims is now shot) in his...er...shot. If I remember correctly, he always had a pretty good shot, which the Kings could really use about now.
Agreed.

Closed Thread