HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

John Madden signs with Panthers

Old
01-04-2012, 12:39 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

vCash: 500
Glad to see it's finally official. So he's not playing tomorrow but should on Friday? Yeah, I'm going with Santorelli as the odd forward out too. He's just having too disappointing season not to be. I think I'm most looking forward to seeing what Madden can bring not just on the ice, but in leadership too. The guy has been on some great Stanley Cup Champion teams with 3 rings on his fingers. He's been there and done that for sure.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 12:48 PM
Panthers are Red
Why so sad?

Good to see this has finally happened. I think he will be a good player for us this year. We now have a lot of players competing for a limited number of spaces so I think we will probably be seeing a trade happen soon or when the rest of the injured players are back.

Panthers are Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 01:33 PM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
I like those lines, and Barch can slide in when needed to provide the extra muscle. Though, maybe switch Bergenheim and Upshall. Would rather we move Santorelli and perhaps Upshall for a more solid 2nd line guy?
I really like Upshall and he's scored 20+ before. I think he get's it going he could produce for us and he gives that line toughness. Bergy I like now too but I don't see him as 2nd liner. With his defensive play on that line with Kopecky and Goc would be nice. If I remember right they were good together at the start of the season too

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 01:55 PM
flomarilius

vCash: 515
Yeah but we could easily move Santorelli to wing and just let him focus on putting the puck in the back of the net like we've seen him do before. Regardless, Santorelli isn't a 4th line center and you could see it when he had to run minutes with Barch and Thomas there was just nothing flowing. With Madden we finally have an anchor to the bottom line which is a spot I believe Matthias should never have to occupy again.

flomarilius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 03:31 PM
SufferingCatFan

I continue to believe that Santorelli will likely be traded sooner rather than later.

SufferingCatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 03:38 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Everyone saying Santorelli will be traded is assuming that he has trade value. You may just end up seeing him waived at some point.

angry_treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 04:28 PM
hockeydude1
More Cowbell!

Glad to see Tallon picking up, yet again, another solid veteran. John Madden will only help bring experience to this team. Also good that he has played with a bit of the team as well back in Chicago. Nice pick up.

hockeydude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 04:34 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
Everyone saying Santorelli will be traded is assuming that he has trade value. You may just end up seeing him waived at some point.
He sure as hell does have trade value! We better not just waive him! Even for a pick, a team like Colombus or the islanders would take him. He got skills and plenty of GMs, including ours, knows it!

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 04:34 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

...and thanks again Dale!!!

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
I really like Upshall and he's scored 20+ before. I think he get's it going he could produce for us and he gives that line toughness. Bergy I like now too but I don't see him as 2nd liner. With his defensive play on that line with Kopecky and Goc would be nice. If I remember right they were good together at the start of the season too
I don't think Bergenheim is a 2nd liner, either, but I was seriously disappointed in Upshall. Still, his stock is extremely low andeven with Santo in a deal we'd have to sweeten the pot.

Everyone else of value has been playing well and I don't see them being moved even though we need an upgrade. While we have pieces like Dadonov and Repik we can add to deals, the roster is full.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
Don't see Santo being waived, he'll have some value, but again, we'd have to sweeten the pot.

01-05-2012, 01:38 AM
BiBoFro*

Coming here from the Hawks board!

You guys got a great role model player, efficient and tactical with the puck not to mention his hockey sense in the defensive zone is second to none. Hope he helps you boys out, would love to see you lot back in the playoffs!

BiBoFro* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 12:15 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Per GR, Madden wont play tonight and MAY be sent to SA or a few.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 12:42 PM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Per GR, Madden wont play tonight and MAY be sent to SA or a few.
A conditioning stint would be a very good idea for him (plus it doesn't count against waivers). It also helps that we have some guys coming back from injury so we don't desperately throw him into the lineup.

Florida Panthers: 2014 NHL Entry Draft Lottery...Winners?
Panthers Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 02:28 AM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Hole View Post
If this post wasn't retarded it would be great.

See what I did there?
Lol I speak the truth. The roster at the time made me want to start drinking heavily.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 05:58 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
Lol I speak the truth. The roster at the time made me want to start drinking heavily.
No you spoke your OPINION which was clearly not based on reality. The roster at the time was the way it was due to INJURIES not from lack of talent. Injuries heal and players return to the lineup as we saw last nite (and with success as well). Maybe you were already drinking heavily when you made that post?

I also think the idea of sending Madden to SA for a few games will be smart. It'll give him some time to get into game shape which is different than him just skating on his own and staying in physical shape. I'd love to see him in the lineup for the home games next week and particularly against the Pens.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote