Old
01-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Michael Bay Mode GO!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnwildgophers View Post
I can barely watch this team right now, I don't understand what happened. We are getting away from the things that made us successful in the early part of the season, and the goals just aren't coming.

We are down in talent, but we can still find ways to win. We are entering a big danger zone as we have 1 win in our last 11 games, it's got to turn around eventually right?
The problem isn't anything to do with lack of talent. The guys we have have shown they can play at a top tier level.

The problem right now is they just don't seem to care. I'm as confused as anyone right now. It's completely mystifying. We've totally given up and its only halfway through the season, and were right in the thick of things standings wise.

It makes no sense at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
oic

Avder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 02:46 PM
BigT2002

vCash: 500
I don't think they are giving up, moreso they just are taking things with stride and hoping that the month finishes out with them being somewhat respectable. To me, they all have the same mentality we have....its a rebuilding year still and they are living past expectations from the fans so why push to injury proneness?

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 02:56 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
They aren't giving up, they simply don't have the talent. Our top line should be our second line, Seto and our second line should be our third line, etc. No top line players on this team without Lats in the lineup.

The team has no natural scorers outside Latendresse. So obviously they are incredibly streaky without him in the lineup. It's far too easy to shut the team down offensively. It was cute when the third line was scoring goals but now they have no confidence after giving up the first goal. It's easy to send out your top pairing to shut down the only players on the Wild who have a chance, and after that they score a goal and the Wild does themselves in.

On the radio they were talking about how the Wild would have a tough road trip, but does anyone honestly believe this team would ever have a good chance at winning a hockey game versus ANY team?

If they don't make a move to improve scoring up front, it's just going to keep on sliding. Maybe they go .500 down the stretch, but one more loss and going .500 means out of the playoffs.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote