HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers fans pounding on Rangers fans...

Closed Thread

Old
01-05-2012, 09:17 AM
Bones45

vCash: 500
Flyers fans pounding on Rangers fans...

after the game this past Monday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxn6IyM7bTo

What is it about Flyers fans? Haven't we seen this before?

I mean, lets be honest, I'm all about beating down Rangers fans.. but in a verbal sparring session in good fun.. not actually beating the crap out of the guy.

Its all over the news this morning. + they make an extra point about the guy being a cop in NJ and a war veteran I think. Not sure what that has to do with anything. If the guy was a dentist from Great Neck, would that be mentioned? Doubt it.

Old
01-05-2012, 09:25 AM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones45 View Post
after the game this past Monday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxn6IyM7bTo

What is it about Flyers fans? Haven't we seen this before?

I mean, lets be honest, I'm all about beating down Rangers fans.. but in a verbal sparring session in good fun.. not actually beating the crap out of the guy.

Its all over the news this morning. + they make an extra point about the guy being a cop in NJ and a war veteran I think. Not sure what that has to do with anything. If the guy was a dentist from Great Neck, would that be mentioned? Doubt it.
Does this Surprise you. I been to a game in Philly. Those people are classless and just want to fight. There fan base is by far the worst i have ever seen. I will never go to a game there again.

Old
01-05-2012, 10:38 AM
Bert Marshall days

Saw that on the news.

Memories of Ranger fans rocking the ambulance LaFontaine was in.

Old
01-05-2012, 10:46 AM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

He is also a marine who received a purple heart. Dude put it on his facebook page. Put his ass in jail.

Old
01-05-2012, 10:51 AM
Trumanperro

Send a message via AIM to Trumanperro
Wait a second... The two most classless fan bases got into a fight? No way, no how! Where are the fine people of Boston when we need them? LOL.

Old
01-05-2012, 10:55 AM
IslandersFan17

Not for nothing, if anyone knows Ranger fans I am willing to bet the guy was not an innocent bystandard.

Forget the man's background for a second and realize Ranger fans are just as much a piece of garbage as Flyers fans.

A buddy of mine serves and is a Ranger fan. Do you think he doesn't run his mouth? I love him cause we have grown up together but at games and at friends houses during the games you better believe he runs his mouth.

Old
01-05-2012, 10:57 AM
Giuseppe Franco

Every fan base has their share of morons but for some reason there just seems to be more in Philly. I know our main rival will always be the Rags, but I'd actually rather have them do well than the Flyers.

Old
01-05-2012, 11:19 AM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

vCash: 4300
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandersFan17 View Post
Not for nothing, if anyone knows Ranger fans I am willing to bet the guy was not an innocent bystandard.

Forget the man's background for a second and realize Ranger fans are just as much a piece of garbage as Flyers fans.

A buddy of mine serves and is a Ranger fan. Do you think he doesn't run his mouth? I love him cause we have grown up together but at games and at friends houses during the games you better believe he runs his mouth.

I don't know the whole story or what was said/done prior so I can't really comment.

Old
01-05-2012, 11:21 AM
IwayMike

I took my family to Philly for a game and found the people around me could not be any nicer. In fact, they got even nicer after they found out we were visiting fans from the other team. As a previous poster noted, there are morons everywhere.

Old
01-05-2012, 11:54 AM
Wanderson

vCash: 151
In 2-3 years hooligans will exist in the US aswell.

Old
01-05-2012, 11:55 AM
Dutch Frost
Battle Level

If you go on youtube there were fights in the stands throughout the game.. no shocker there.

Years ago I brought my girlfriend at the time to a pre-season Isles/Rags game at the Garden and 2 drunk guys kept on screaming at me the whole time and I was about to knock one out when security came and got rid of them. Its one thing to egg on, im a big guy I can take a joke but these guys were *******s. I have to fight 2 morons in a pre season game?? Both teams iced up there B Squads on top of that.

I am sure Isles fans are just as bad but regardless I will never bring my wife to Rags/Isles game. Its insane.. imagine if your a father and you spent all that money to go see this BS winter classic and fights errupt all over the place. Sporting events are now a enter at your own risk type of entertainment event.

They should follow the England soccer hooligan policy and ban you from all sporting events if your fighting.

Granted this fight happened outside the arena at a crappy steak sandwhich joint (Gino's is terribly overrated) its still proves that certain people are *******s and cant enjoy a hockey game.

Old
01-05-2012, 12:08 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

I guess the, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" line doesn't really apply here

Old
01-05-2012, 12:18 PM
Wanderson

vCash: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Frost View Post
If you go on youtube there were fights in the stands throughout the game.. no shocker there.

Years ago I brought my girlfriend at the time to a pre-season Isles/Rags game at the Garden and 2 drunk guys kept on screaming at me the whole time and I was about to knock one out when security came and got rid of them. Its one thing to egg on, im a big guy I can take a joke but these guys were *******s. I have to fight 2 morons in a pre season game?? Both teams iced up there B Squads on top of that.

I am sure Isles fans are just as bad but regardless I will never bring my wife to Rags/Isles game. Its insane.. imagine if your a father and you spent all that money to go see this BS winter classic and fights errupt all over the place. Sporting events are now a enter at your own risk type of entertainment event.

They should follow the England soccer hooligan policy and ban you from all sporting events if your fighting.

Granted this fight happened outside the arena at a crappy steak sandwhich joint (Gino's is terribly overrated) its still proves that certain people are *******s and cant enjoy a hockey game.
It's better if you guys start to do the same as they do in Europe. Give the away supporters own sections. What is the reason to mix fans of different teams?

Old
01-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe Franco View Post
Every fan base has their share of morons but for some reason there just seems to be more in Philly. I know our main rival will always be the Rags, but I'd actually rather have them do well than the Flyers.
I agree with you 100% here.
There are idiots Everywhere

Old
01-05-2012, 12:37 PM
HookeyPookey*

wow is Philli seems like a really low socio economic area.

Violence for nothing, fat people, and grown adults fighting over a game.

It screams poor working class obese and uneducated.

Old
01-05-2012, 01:03 PM
LAIslanderFan

I went to a Fyers game 2 christmas's ago. The Flyers were playing the Ducks. I wore an Islanders shirt and basically got some minor ribbing, but nothing serious. The fans there were actually quite friendly.

Funny thing happened at a Bruins game a couple of years ago. When the Bruins went on the powerplay, the fans in Boston started a chant of "Yankees Suck". Thought that was kind of amusing.

Old
01-05-2012, 01:06 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 725
these are the 2 franchises I hate the most.Both fanbases are arrogant and obnoxious.

I have a tough time coming up with sympathy here.

Old
01-05-2012, 01:16 PM
Hipietro

Now we just need Boston and Toronto to jump in and we'll have a classless fanbase brawl!

Old
01-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Mustang2750

Big deal. Ever go to an Isles/Rags game at the coliseum. Rangers fans are the lowest class of fans in the league. I've seen countless fights at those games w white gangsta Rag fans starting fights or jumping Isles fans.

Old
01-05-2012, 02:04 PM
Bauer Warrior*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumanperro View Post
Wait a second... The two most classless fan bases got into a fight? No way, no how! Where are the fine people of Boston when we need them? LOL.
The world revolves around Boston people.

Why do these fans get into fights? Because they have to prove that they're the bigger D-Bag. I hate Boston, Philly, and the Rangers. Unfortunately, the people who usually lose the fights mean no harm.

Old
01-05-2012, 02:37 PM
MJP

As if the Ranger fans didn't initiate anything. Everyone was probably hammered, and as they said it was at Geno's steaks, not leaving the stadium. They went to a philly landmark, probably running their mouth, and simply got beat down.

I don't wanna hear that police officer/veteran crap. I have plenty of cop friends/military friends, and they run their mouth more then anyone else I know. Just jump in your car and go home. You're on enemy turf, don't strut around. **** happens

Old
01-05-2012, 02:54 PM
Mustang2750

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJP View Post
As if the Ranger fans didn't initiate anything. Everyone was probably hammered, and as they said it was at Geno's steaks, not leaving the stadium. They went to a philly landmark, probably running their mouth, and simply got beat down.

I don't wanna hear that police officer/veteran crap. I have plenty of cop friends/military friends, and they run their mouth more then anyone else I know. Just jump in your car and go home. You're on enemy turf, don't strut around. **** happens
Agreed 100%...especially knowing that Rags fans are notorious for running their mouth.

Old
01-05-2012, 03:25 PM
malPHONEY

What I get from this thread is that hockey fandom is somehow determined by the expression of an inherent gene...And it has chromosomal linkage to stupidity.

Old
01-05-2012, 03:48 PM
stevedepot

I read on flyers board that some Philly fans paid a homeless guy working the streets
to spray something on the rag fan and that's what started the altercation.
words then fists.

men hopped up on testosterone and forgetting all family, responsibility and most of all civility.

They can say how much of a decorated cop, hero or whatever, maybe Shanahan can have a video response to this crap.

I have many a sad story from many visits to MSG back in the 70's and 80's involving myself a couple of times and mostly others I witnessed.
The Rangers fans on their high horses today need to just **** before calling all of Philly fans classless. there's classless people everywhere and who can forget the ranger fans almost tipping over the ambulance trying to take a concussed LaFontaine to the hospital back in the 80's.
We have fans who threw plastic bottles on the ice some years ago and the media OMITTED the "plastic" in their headlines to make it more dramatic.
In the end, classless is classless. It's everywhere.

Old
01-05-2012, 04:14 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Yeah, we're SO awful...this coming from the fan base that littered the ice with debris in the buffalo series back in 2007 when a few bad calls didn’t go your way...are you guys serious with this thread?

Honestly, reading the comments from some of you makes me sick. We are nowhere close to the worst fans in the league, and have plenty of good fans out there. You just don’t see that, cause we’re a rival and I get that a little, and I understand that coming on to a rivalry fan board here, I should expect a little contempt towards my fan base due to the history between our 2 clubs. But to just blindly say, "Oh they we're probably just as drunk and we're looking for trouble and probably running their mouths anyway, typical Rangers fan" is both ignorant and naive. I'm nothing close to what you perceive to be the "typical" Rangers fan, and find it insulting that you paint us all with such a broad brush. Every fan base has doucheb*gs, and I'm sure you have your fair share out in Long Island, so please get off your high horses. And I can guarantee you if this happened to someone in your fan base, I (along with many other Rangers fans) wouldn’t just blindly say, “Oh he had it coming to him, typical Islanders fan!”

Also, one of the guys assaulted was an off duty cop, (there with his son), and an Iraq war veteran who just recently had a baby, and from what one of my fellow “classless” fans said on our board, he knows the victim, and says he is a pretty laid back guy. You can find that in the thread our "awful" fan base opened up to try and help the victim that was assaulted by these “animals”.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=1071513

Such classless fans we are.

Closed Thread