HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Blue Jackets Hire Senior Advisor Hockey Operations

Old
01-05-2012, 01:46 PM
blahblah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Yeah I should have just done the digging on my own. This is kinda what I was looking for, I just never bothered to look. Sorry.
No reason to apologize. I had considered finding the press release, but other things got in the way.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 01:54 PM
BluejacketNut

If having to have someone advise you on your job is not a red flag to ownership that they dont have the right person, then we're really screwed. Maybe im off, but I dont know of too many GM's in the league that have a person who's an adviser to them, short of an Assistant GM

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 02:00 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluejacketNut View Post
If having to have someone advise you on your job is not a red flag to ownership that they dont have the right person, then we're really screwed. Maybe im off, but I dont know of too many GM's in the league that have a person who's an adviser to them, short of an Assistant GM
Case of reading things how you choose.

I could just as easily suggest that this is a shrewd move by the CBJ to protect the investment they have in Howson by giving him every tool he needs to grow and succeed.

Old
01-05-2012, 02:04 PM
BluejacketNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Case of reading things how you choose.

I could just as easily suggest that this is a shrewd move by the CBJ to protect the investment they have in Howson by giving him every tool he needs to grow and succeed.
True, but that is half the problem for me.....i'd prefer to already have a grown up GM, one who knows whats best from past mistakes and successes, not learning on the job as we've done

Old
01-05-2012, 02:10 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Tell that to Ken Holland while he had Scotty Bowman hanging around. Or, heck, ask Stan Bowman how he likes talking with his Dad nowadays.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 02:15 PM
blahblah

Just off the top of my head... Pat Quinn - Edmonton, Stan Smyl - Vancouver, Scotty Bowman of the Blackhawks. I'm 99% sure the Red Wings have one too... Now that I'm thinking about the Wings, I think Stevie Y was one until he moved over to Tampa.

Forgive me if any of these guys moved on or something... I don't pay a ton of attention honestly.

Last edited by blahblah: 01-05-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Old
01-05-2012, 03:21 PM
cydawg
#DefendNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Just off the top of my head... Pat Quinn - Edmonton, Stan Smyl - Vancouver, Scotty Bowman of the Blackhawks. I'm 99% sure the Red Wings have one too... Now that I'm thinking about the Wings, I think Stevie Y was one until he moved over to Tampa.

Forgive me if any of these guys moved on or something... I don't pay a ton of attention honestly.
Cliff Fletcher is still employed as a Special Advisor for the Maple Leafs. And I'm sure there are more teams that have advisors too.

cydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 03:30 PM
BluejacketNut

Ok, as i said, i may be off....can we have their GM's instead of Howson??

Old
01-05-2012, 03:34 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post

Bobby Clarke - Philadelphia, Bob Gainey in Montreal are senior advisors too.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 03:37 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post
Bobby Clarke - Philadelphia, Bob Gainey in Montreal are senior advisors too.
Good call by all those adding in.. I don't pay any attention to the East.

Old
01-05-2012, 03:39 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Ok, as i said, i may be off....can we have their GM's instead of Howson??
lol... I would like to poach a good GM from another team... Sadly it isn't going to happen most likely. Lucky for us there are only 30 such jobs, so even though we suck something fierce as a franchise we'll still have a lot of people wanting the job when/if it becomes available.