Notices

Sedin expects Bruins to be "running around"

Closed Thread

Old
01-05-2012, 04:27 PM
UConn126
Bass Player.

vCash: 500
Translation: We're already in their heads and we haven't had to do anything. Should be a fun one.

Old
01-05-2012, 04:27 PM
EvoLu7ioN

LMAO, the responses in this thread are comical. You can question Sedin all you want and call him a whiner/poor player on an internet forum all day if that tickles your fancy. The fact is that the majority of players in the league voted for him as the leagues MVP the year before last, and then his brother won the Hart the next year. Oh, and they're both coming off back to back Art Ross seasons. So they can be called whatever you'd like, but im sure they really could care less given all the awards they've won and will continue winning. Haters gonna hate.

Last edited by EvoLu7ioN: 01-05-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Old
01-05-2012, 04:30 PM
MaritimeHockeyNut
BRUINSrCHAMPS nextyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post
LMAO, this thread is a joke. You can question Sedin all you want and call him a whiner/poor player as much as you want. The fact is that the majority of players in the league voted for him as the leagues MVP the year before last, and then his brother won the Hart the next year. Oh, and they're both coming off back to back Art Ross seasons. So they can be called whatever you'd like, but they really could care less and will continue winning awards. Haters gonna hate.
EXACTLY... pssst.. come closer....*whispers* WE *screams* WON THE CUP!!!

Old
01-05-2012, 04:32 PM
ssault
SW BROONS

Quote:
LMAO, the responses in this thread are comical. You can question Sedin all you want and call him a whiner/poor player on an internet forum all day if that tickles your fancy. The fact is that the majority of players in the league voted for him as the leagues MVP the year before last, and then his brother won the Hart the next year. Oh, and they're both coming off back to back Art Ross seasons. So they can be called whatever you'd like, but they really could care less and will continue winning awards. Haters gonna hate.
The SDL (Sedin Defense League) is here.

Old
01-05-2012, 04:33 PM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
LMAO, the responses in this thread are comical. You can question Sedin all you want and call him a whiner/poor player on an internet forum all day if that tickles your fancy. The fact is that the majority of players in the league voted for him as the leagues MVP the year before last, and then his brother won the Hart the next year. Oh, and they're both coming off back to back Art Ross seasons. So they can be called whatever you'd like, but im sure they really could care less given all the awards they've won and will continue winning.
proof that players post on HF? Welcome Mr. Sedin!

edit - nice edit job. But you're too late. The Sedins can win all the awards they want. We'll be sure to tell him that the Cup feels so much better than the individual awards since you may have trouble doing so.

Old
01-05-2012, 04:33 PM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

Quote:
LMAO, the responses in this thread are comical. You can question Sedin all you want and call him a whiner/poor player on an internet forum all day if that tickles your fancy. The fact is that the majority of players in the league voted for him as the leagues MVP the year before last, and then his brother won the Hart the next year. Oh, and they're both coming off back to back Art Ross seasons. So they can be called whatever you'd like, but they really could care less and will continue winning awards. Haters gonna hate.
No one questions their skill whatsoever. People are questioning the fact that he has to make a comment before the game yet again, that basically equates to "HAI GUYS THE BRUINS ARE GOONS BUT REFS WILL AND NEED TO CALL PENALTIES, SO WE NEED TO SCORE ON THE PP!!!"

What is the point of that?

Old
01-05-2012, 04:36 PM
EvoLu7ioN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssault View Post
The SDL (Sedin Defense League) is here.
I'll stand up for them as elite players in this league any day Sure they could have probably said something a bit more appropriate and dignified than what they said, but common they're both elite level players in this league no matter what they say.

Old
01-05-2012, 04:38 PM
SerenityRick

Quote:
I'll stand up for them as elite players in this league any day Sure they could have probably said something a bit more appropriate and dignified than what they said, but common they're both elite level players in this league no matter what they say.
Find ONE post in this thread saying that they suck as players. Just one. Please.

Now go back and read your post and realize how stupid it was.

Old
01-05-2012, 04:39 PM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

Quote:
So they can be called whatever you'd like, but im sure they really could care less given all the awards they've won and will continue winning. Haters gonna hate.
They probably will win a bunch more individual trophies....but they won't ever win this one:

Old
01-05-2012, 04:41 PM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Y'know, every time I see that, all I can think is, hell, I'm a middle-aged woman and I would have punched Marchand in the ******* face.
Give Sedin a few more years and he could actually say the same thing.

Old
01-05-2012, 04:42 PM
ssault
SW BROONS

Quote:
Only one of them said it (unless there's another quote I missed), though it's probably fair to just assume them the same person

I don't think anyone really doubts their(his) level of skill or anything. The issue brought up for this thread was his comment made about expecting the refs to control the game. It comes across as whiny that he felt the need to say that days before the game.

Old
01-05-2012, 04:44 PM
Hoary Marmot

I had the misfortune of watching the Oilers and Schmucks on Boxing Day in a local pub. When Weise bloodied Plante with the hit into the boards, some of the Schmucks fans were hyuk-hyuking it up. It told me all I need to know about the true nature of Schmucks fans. At that point, even my relatively disinterested wife said the Schmucks must go down on Jan 7th.
It'd be nice to have a group of locals to catch the game here on the Wet Coast. It was good fun to have seen Game 7 on June 15th with Coach Parker - you around, dude?

Old
01-05-2012, 04:44 PM
EvoLu7ioN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post
Find ONE post in this thread saying that they suck as players. Just one. Please.

Now go back and read your post and realize how stupid it was.
There's been multiple posts in here calling out their integrity as players and stating they lack balls.

I'm simply stating that two of the most consistent guys in the league, who come out and compete every night, and who perhaps do not engage in the after whistle physical part of the game do not lack integrity.

Old
01-05-2012, 04:47 PM
SerenityRick

Quote:
I'm simply stating that two of the most consistent guys in the league, who come out and compete every night
Except when it really mattered.

Old
01-05-2012, 04:48 PM
RussellmaniaKW

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenton1 View Post
The Canucks are once again right there at the top of the league standings. They won't blow it up. They are still under the impression that they are a great team.
Maybe this is a topic for another thread, but this has me wondering now how many teams have 'blown it up' despite frequent regular season success, yet playoff failures.

The Bruins had some pretty good success in the regular season with Joe Thornton, Guerin, Murray, etc before they blew things up, but they didn't blow it up until they started losing.

Old
01-05-2012, 04:53 PM
EvoLu7ioN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post
Except when it really mattered.
Theres a difference between not coming out to play and running into a very hot goalie. And as much as it pains me to say it, Thomas did do an exceptional job at shutting them out.

Old
01-05-2012, 04:53 PM
BrainOfJ
Stone Clode

I hate the canucks, but if you're the gm of a team, and you were one game away from the biggest trophy in sports...you probably wouldn't blow it up lol.

now run those pansies out of our building..again.

Old
01-05-2012, 04:56 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

Playing in the background while Sedin made his remarks: "World Shut Your Mouth" by Deathcab for Cutie (or Julian Cope if you're old school)

Not really, but this game is going to be the mega-hypestorm between now and Saturday.

Old
01-05-2012, 04:56 PM
5Minutes4Fighting
Killer B's!

Can someone explain to me about why Hockey people are concerned that the Bruins might be looking ahead to Saturday's game with the Canucks? I mean, really. It's not like the B's lost to them in the Finals. It's not like they won the Cup on our ice. It's not like their players took liberties physically with our players. ;-) It's just another game...another possible 2 pts for the B's. If anything, Vancouver might be looking at it as more than it is.

Old
01-05-2012, 04:57 PM
SerenityRick

Quote:
Theres a difference between not coming out to play and running into a very hot goalie. And as much as it pains me to say it, Thomas did do an exceptional job at shutting them out.
lol. Thomas was fantastic, no doubt... but Thomas wasn't the reason for the lack of heart on display by the Swedish twins. They didn't step their game up. Period.

Old
Turk 16

Quote:
There's been multiple posts in here calling out their integrity as players and stating they lack balls.

I'm simply stating that two of the most consistent guys in the league, who come out and compete every night, and who perhaps do not engage in the after whistle physical part of the game do not lack integrity.
What they lack is a Stanley Cup, and unless they win it, they'll go down in hockey history as an interesting footnote, nothing more.

Any NHL player worth his salt will tell you that there's one trophy that counts more than all the others put together. It's curious how with all your ranting about "elite" this and "elite" that, the biggest most important TEAM trophy never comes up.

Or as Fred Shero famously put it, "Win today, and WE walk together forever."

I'm sure those Hart Trophies look swell on the shelf though!

Old
EvoLu7ioN

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW View Post
Maybe this is a topic for another thread, but this has me wondering now how many teams have 'blown it up' despite frequent regular season success, yet playoff failures.

The Bruins had some pretty good success in the regular season with Joe Thornton, Guerin, Murray, etc before they blew things up, but they didn't blow it up until they started losing.
Vancouver went to game 7 of the finals, which qualifies them as being more successful than all but 1 other team. I'm guessing Chicago and Pittsburgh are glad they didn't "blow things up" after losing in the finals prior to both of their Stanley Cup runs.

Old
01-05-2012, 05:01 PM
jgatie

Quote:
Vancouver went to game 7 of the finals, which qualifies them as being more successful than all but 1 other team. I'm guessing Chicago and Pittsburgh are glad they didn't "blow things up" after losing in the finals prior to both of their Stanley Cup runs.
As dear old dad used to say - Show me a good loser . . . and I'll show you a loser.

Closed Thread