HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

NJ/CAR proposal

Closed Thread

Old
11-05-2003, 08:50 PM
mdhockey211

vCash: 500
ok new proposal

To NJ: C Brind'amour
D Hill
3rd rd pick

To CAR: F Gionta
F Stevenson
1st rd pick
Hale
Khomutov( decent prospect)

Old
11-06-2003, 02:55 AM
HughJass*

Send a message via AIM to HughJass* Send a message via Yahoo to HughJass*
You guys overate Brind A'mour a bit. He plays tough hockey, but he seems to dissappear offensively at stretches. He doesn't deliver crushing body checks, agitate opponents, or do anything I would call "roughing". I dunno, I love Brindy but I don't sit here and say he's "great" like everyone else in Carolina does...

Old
11-06-2003, 03:43 AM
Missionhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHurricane16
You guys overate Brind A'mour a bit. He plays tough hockey, but he seems to dissappear offensively at stretches. He doesn't deliver crushing body checks, agitate opponents, or do anything I would call "roughing". I dunno, I love Brindy but I don't sit here and say he's "great" like everyone else in Carolina does...
Your probably right, he could be the 2nd coming of Joe Niewendyk (last season only had 40 something points)

Old
11-06-2003, 07:59 AM
Jon Burke

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
Why not add Parise while your at it. We don't want Brind`Amour, he costs too much, end the stupid proposals.
Stupid proposal? Maybe. But Brind'Amour and Hill would cost a lot more than Berglund, Pandolfo, Uchetov and a second round pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHurricane16
No, he does not deliver curshing body checks, agitate opponents or "rough" opponents. And he may disappear offensively for stretches, but he's such a good two-way player that he doesn't hurt the team if he's in a slump. He's an excellent faceoff player who kills penalties and is reliable in his own end. He's big and strong and very capable offensively. He plays in all game situations and can handle a lot of ice time. Even if he isn't ultra physical or the best offensively anymore, he still is a very valuable player. I don't think he's "great", but I sure think that he's a very good player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionHockey
Your probably right, he could be the 2nd coming of Joe Niewendyk (last season only had 40 something points)
That's like comparing apples to oranges. I'm not going to deny that this could happen, I'm just saying that Rod Brind'Amour is not the same player as Joe Nieuwendyk, so saying that Brind'Amour could be a second coming of Nieuwendyk is a bit farfetched in my opinion. Brind'Amour is younger than Nieuwendyk and has a different style of play.

Closed Thread