HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XXX (All non Habs related news here)

Closed Thread

Old
01-05-2012, 02:33 PM
overlords
Hfboards

vCash: 500
The Out of Town Thread part XXX (All non Habs related news here)

Continue here.

Old
01-05-2012, 02:40 PM
Krnage

im surprised there have not thread about Bronze Medal ?

Old
01-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Protest the Hero

Looks like Lupul will miss out on the all-star game because Phaneuf got voted in, can't see them bringing three Leafs to that game considering Ottawa already has four.

You think they'll play up the Ottawa-Toronto rivalry with Alfredsson and Kessel being the captains?

Old
01-05-2012, 02:54 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Looks like Lupul will miss out on the all-star game because Phaneuf got voted in, can't see them bringing three Leafs to that game considering Ottawa already has four.

You think they'll play up the Ottawa-Toronto rivalry with Alfredsson and Kessel being the captains?
If that, I'd see Phaneuf as Captain ^^

swedish duo (lidstrom)
Swedish vs Finland (koivu/selanne?)

Old
01-05-2012, 03:00 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post

Would rather see Selanne as the other captain.

Old
01-05-2012, 05:24 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

They suspended Barch 1 game for apparently asking Subban if he 'slipped on a banana peel'.

Old
01-05-2012, 05:30 PM
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
They suspended Barch 1 game for apparently asking Subban if he 'slipped on a banana peel'.
lol?

Old
01-05-2012, 06:46 PM
GoodKiwi

Boston is about to go 23-3-1 since losing to us back to back at the end of October.

Not too bad. I'm jealous.

Old
01-05-2012, 06:50 PM
Toastman

Boston has an incredible team. They keep owning the opponent. I'm super jealous.

Old
01-05-2012, 06:55 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toastman View Post
Boston has an incredible team. They keep owning the opponent. I'm super jealous.
But but but Thomas is the Bruins alone no?

Any goaltender in this league would look good playing for the Bruins..

Old
01-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toastman View Post
Nobody will remember their record or winning steaks if they flop at playoff time. Are they peaking too soon? They Have had little adversity so far.

Old
01-05-2012, 06:58 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Nobody will remember their record or winning steaks if they flop at playoff time. Are they peaking too soon? They Have had little adversity so far.
Dude at the start of the season they were bad actually.

Old
01-05-2012, 07:01 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

But you're right, I'd much rather go through a season like ours so far. Much more "character building adversity". It'll be remembered as a great one years from now.

Old
01-05-2012, 07:03 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Dude at the start of the season they were bad actually.
They have also stayed quite healthy and avoided suspensions where they looked deserved.

But a much a it pains me to say it, t they are clearly the cream of the league right now.

Old
01-05-2012, 07:11 PM
Et le But

The Bruins are by far the best team in the league right now but momentum is everything. Last year they weren't much better than us until the run up until the playoffs at which point they started to pick up steam. Last year the Flyers looked unstoppable for the first half, then imploded so badly they ended up trading away two of their best players.

Right now Boston looks unstoppable..but it just takes one injury to turn everything upside down.

On the flip side of things, the same Tampa side everyone was jealous of last year is a complete joke.

Old
01-05-2012, 07:11 PM
habtastic

I think it's interesting that we have a situation where Boston being at the top of the league seems strange. When I look back to all the awesome moments in recent (last decade) Habs history, it has usually been the situation that Boston was 1st and we were 8th. Only once was it reversed. I guess the fact that they won the cup makes them look stronger than the 1st place teams we used to face in the first round. Then again, they are more solid now then they used to be. No Thorton (well, not that one), Samsonov, Dafoe, etc. Still, I think the last two times we've lost to them has had a psychological effect on how we would evaluate them (whether justified or not). Personally I think they're a solid team (and not happy about that either), but I don't think they are beyond unravelling. It just takes a bit of whatever we have this year.

Old
01-05-2012, 07:19 PM
Hugo Sham

who gives a **** if they're peaking too soon?
they won a cup last year
can we say that?
i'd switch weirdo for chiarelli in a nanosecond.
that team is so well put together and then they
have great goal-tending.
size and meanness and scoring ability on all lines
big physical d men..
they play simple north south game and kill a team's
will to win in the first 30 mins of a game.
lars eller's magical night or not our two franchises have
gone in opposite directions in four short ****ing years.
it pains me to watch how good they are

fire Gauthier asap

Old
01-05-2012, 07:22 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
I think it's interesting that we have a situation where Boston being at the top of the league seems strange. When I look back to all the awesome moments in recent (last decade) Habs history, it has usually been the situation that Boston was 1st and we were 8th. Only once was it reversed. I guess the fact that they won the cup makes them look stronger than the 1st place teams we used to face in the first round. Then again, they are more solid now then they used to be. No Thorton (well, not that one), Samsonov, Dafoe, etc. Still, I think the last two times we've lost to them has had a psychological effect on how we would evaluate them (whether justified or not). Personally I think they're a solid team (and not happy about that either), but I don't think they are beyond unravelling. It just takes a bit of whatever we have this year.
highly, highly doubt it.
first off they're far bigger than us = durability and less injuries
second the size of their forwards allows them to play a much uglier and simple game if necessary to score goals. we on the other hand, are loaded with hobbits, prima donnas (they traded theirs to TO) and soft streaky goal scorers
third- their goalie tandem is incredible and keeps them from slumping

i can go on

Old
01-05-2012, 07:29 PM
Rutabaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
The Bruins are by far the best team in the league right now but momentum is everything. Last year they weren't much better than us until the run up until the playoffs at which point they started to pick up steam. Last year the Flyers looked unstoppable for the first half, then imploded so badly they ended up trading away two of their best players.

Right now Boston looks unstoppable..but it just takes one injury to turn everything upside down.

On the flip side of things, the same Tampa side everyone was jealous of last year is a complete joke.
Well, as long as Chara is there, they're going to be performant.
So, you know what you have to do now.

(I do not encourage that kind of behaviour and i dont like this kind of things)

Old
01-05-2012, 07:32 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
highly, highly doubt it.
second the size of their forwards allows them to play a much uglier and simple game if necessary to score goals. we on the other hand, are loaded with hobbits, prima donnas (they traded theirs to TO) and soft streaky goal scorers

i can go on
I really don't understand where the size and injury correlation is coming from. Some of the most durable players in the league are under 6'.

Old
01-05-2012, 07:37 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I really don't understand where the size and injury correlation is coming from. Some of the most durable players in the league are under 6'.
true but not ours, unless of course you find it completely coincidental that cammy, gio and gomez can't stay healthy for a full season.
do you watch the bruins play? all their forwards go to the net on a regular basis to pay the price and screen, rebounds etc...
we have two - cole - and gio who is 5'6

Old
01-05-2012, 07:39 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
But they will remember their Cup anyways. The Bruins are unreal and exciting to watch to be honest. Good for them I guess their fans had nothing to cheer about for a really long time

Old
01-05-2012, 07:39 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
highly, highly doubt it.

i can go on
you still believe that myth ?

Old
01-05-2012, 07:41 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

And to be honest I think the Bruins are the ones that will sign Zach Parise this summer if he makes it to July 1st not signing in Jersey. Said it earlier this year and I believe he plays there. Bruins have plenty of cap room with the Savard situation

Old
01-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Et le But

Quote:
true but not ours, unless of course you find it completely coincidental that cammy, gio and gomez can't stay healthy for a full season.
do you watch the bruins play? all their forwards go to the net on a regular basis to pay the price and screen, rebounds etc...
we have two - cole - and gio who is 5'6
Gomez has been healthy until this year, Gionta played every game last year and is hardly someone I'd call injury prone even with his play style. In fact of the "smurfs", only Cammalleri is someone I'd call injury prone.

Of course you need big, strong forwards, but there's no proof that size prevents injuries. If anything taller people are more prone to knee and back problems.

Closed Thread