HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leblanc sent back to Hamilton...

Old
01-05-2012, 03:40 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 50
he played well here

hope to see him next season

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 03:52 PM
Roulin

vCash: 500
Leblanc really impressed me. My question for him before the season was, will his speed and tenacity make up for his lack of strength? Early returns indicate yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid View Post
Hopefully Cammy is moved to make room for him next year!
That's a strange comment. Cammalleri and Leblanc really don't play the same role at all. If Cammalleri is moved, it will be to bring in a scorer from outside the organization, IMO.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 04:00 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Good job kid. Please come back stronger next year.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 05:23 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
He showed some real good things. Did not look out of place. A much, much better impression than Palushaj gave us.
There are those people who forget that he is only 20, soon turning 21.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 05:40 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
Leblanc needs to work out with Eller this summer.

At the end of last season everyone was saying that Eller needed to get stronger (rightfully so). During the offseason he worked his balls off and came back much stronger, and it's noticeable. Forget the points, but Eller has been really solid this season, much stronger and much more energy on the ice. Leblanc is thin and he needs to be stronger to be a full-time NHL player, he needs to do exactly what Eller did during the summer.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 07:21 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Im just happy he got a TASTE at all, its more then i could of hoped for this year , really

He showed me some great things, and all im told about the kid is that hes all business and that i should see him before a agame, focused, and in the zone

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 07:35 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
Leblanc needs to work out with Eller this summer.

At the end of last season everyone was saying that Eller needed to get stronger (rightfully so). During the offseason he worked his balls off and came back much stronger, and it's noticeable. Forget the points, but Eller has been really solid this season, much stronger and much more energy on the ice. Leblanc is thin and he needs to be stronger to be a full-time NHL player, he needs to do exactly what Eller did during the summer.
I'm sure all prospects do this regularly, the hard part is keeping the weight on through a long, tough hockey seanson.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 11:57 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I'm sure all prospects do this regularly, the hard part is keeping the weight on through a long, tough hockey seanson.
But some prospects work harder than others. Eller worked his balls off and it showed. Some guys will do the regular workout and come back next season without having gained anything. That's the difference between a regular workout and an extreme workout, the extreme workout will make you better whereas the regular workout will make you the same.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 12:03 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
But some prospects work harder than others. Eller worked his balls off and it showed. Some guys will do the regular workout and come back next season without having gained anything. That's the difference between a regular workout and an extreme workout, the extreme workout will make you better whereas the regular workout will make you the same.
I'm sure Eller has been on those workouts since he was 18 and drafted. NHL teams give their prospects those regiments. Short of taking steroids, some kids can't keep a lot of weight on until their 20's once the metabolism slows down. Plus gaining more than 5-8lbs over a summer may be detrimental to a guy playing a sport like hockey where speed, agility and finesse are so cruicial.

Old
01-06-2012, 12:14 PM
neofury*

Not sure why but in a lot of ways Leblanc reminds me of Alex Tanguay, in terms of the good things, not the part about being a *****.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 12:17 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Not sure why but in a lot of ways Leblanc reminds me of Alex Tanguay, in terms of the good things, not the part about being a *****.
Yeah LeBlanc is a lot more physical and he has a temper, he got in a few fights in the Q both in response to cheap shots against him or teammates.

Old
01-06-2012, 12:47 PM
NotProkofievian

Yeah, I think leblanc is a pretty big piece moving forward. His work in the corners is going to be very useful. He's physical enough, but he's just so slick in corner battles, and for a 20 year old kid he's so adept at finding himself space on the ice.

I don't mean that I expect a 35+ goal scorer out of him, because I don't. But he's going to be a big player for us: a clutch, never say die, swiss army knife that'll put up 50+ points and lead while others would rather follow.

We absolutely need players like him.

...on the other hand we also need an offensive dynamo on the wing and one more good center prospect.

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 04:03 PM
goldglove

just speculation but .. today shawinigan cataractes have waived Kabbaj , a 20 yr old , so they have only 2 20yrs-old players on the team now .. leblanc coming back at the end of hamilton season ? let's see. But you don't go to the mem cup with only two 20yrs.

goldglove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 04:22 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldglove View Post
just speculation but .. today shawinigan cataractes have waived Kabbaj , a 20 yr old , so they have only 2 20yrs-old players on the team now .. leblanc coming back at the end of hamilton season ? let's see. But you don't go to the mem cup with only two 20yrs.
Is there any specific reason why some people believe Leblanc has any chance at going back to the Q? This idea keeps popping up, and I just don't understand why. It never happens, why would it happens for him? His junior career is done. In fact, I'm not even sure he could be returning to the Q even if he would want to.

It's like the poster who wanted to sent him to the KHL. It just makes no sense. Is there anything special about Leblanc that I'm missing?

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 04:33 PM
goldglove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
Is there any specific reason why some people believe Leblanc has any chance at going back to the Q? This idea keeps popping up, and I just don't understand why. It never happens, why would it happens for him? His junior career is done. In fact, I'm not even sure he could be returning to the Q even if he would want to.

It's like the poster who wanted to sent him to the KHL. It just makes no sense. Is there anything special about Leblanc that I'm missing?
1. memorial cup
2. molson is the president of the mem cup
3. playing with bournival and ellis
4. making playoff
5. playing until late may.
6. dominate.

Old
01-07-2012, 04:37 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
1. memorial cup
4. making playoff
6. dominate.
All these arguments could be put forward for any prospect in a similar situation. Yet, they aren't. Why do you think so?

Or, in other words: if all these arguments are enough to justify sending a player back in junior, then why does it never happen in practice?

Old
01-07-2012, 04:42 PM
goldglove

Quote:
All these arguments could be put forward for any prospect in a similar situation. Yet, they aren't. Why do you think so?

Or, in other words: if all these arguments are enough to justify sending a player back in junior, then why does it never happen in practice?

it is just speculation ... why shawinigan would go the cup with only two overagers ? three possibilities:

1. kavanagh coming back from austria
2. Leblanc coming for the end of seasons(feb 15)
3. Free agent from USA or CHL

Old
01-07-2012, 04:47 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
it is just speculation ... why shawinigan would go the cup with only two overagers ? three possibilities:

1. kavanagh coming back from austria
2. Leblanc coming for the end of seasons(feb 15)
3. Free agent from USA or CHL
I think the problem is that you are only seeing this from the point of view of shawinigan. Obviously they would benefit greatly from getting Leblanc back. But Leblanc is habs property now, and the decision would be made from the habs point of view. And from their point of view, Leblanc has nothing else to learn in the Q. Sure, the memorial cup is only a few games, but why risk anything (like a late season injury)?

Look at it this way: the playing level of the two worst AHL teams playing against each other in a regular season game is higher than the memorial cup.

Old
01-07-2012, 04:59 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
I think the problem is that you are only seeing this from the point of view of shawinigan. Obviously they would benefit greatly from getting Leblanc back. But Leblanc is habs property now, and the decision would be made from the habs point of view. And from their point of view, Leblanc has nothing else to learn in the Q. Sure, the memorial cup is only a few games, but why risk anything (like a late season injury)?

Look at it this way: the playing level of the two worst AHL teams playing against each other in a regular season game is higher than the memorial cup.
I agree. At that point in time Leblanc is better served getting bigger, faster, and stronger. He's had a big year so far as hockey is concerned, playing a major role for the dogs, and actually contributing in his first call up to the NHL. He needs all the time he can get to put on weight, and put up bigger numbers on his PRs.

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 05:40 PM
Lucky Luke

Quote:
1. memorial cup
4. making playoff
6. dominate.
You forgot to add that the Cats released a 20 year-old player today.
I say Leblanc might well end up in Shawinigan.

Lucky Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 05:48 PM
Roulin

Has there ever been a 1st round pick that played a season in the AHL, and a cup of coffee in the NHL, who was then sent back to a CHL league as a 20 year old? I can't think of a precedent, so I can't see it happening with Leblanc, but please correct me if there is one.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 06:16 PM
CoupeStanley

Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Has there ever been a 1st round pick that played a season in the AHL, and a cup of coffee in the NHL, who was then sent back to a CHL league as a 20 year old? I can't think of a precedent, so I can't see it happening with Leblanc, but please correct me if there is one.
Going way back I do remember Martin Lapointe.

CoupeStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:03 PM
goldglove

I see no difference between him at the end of hamilton season and nhl teams sending players to WJC

Old
01-07-2012, 10:34 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:

It does. I'm positive the Marlies sent someone back to Windsor the year Windsor won the Mem. Cup. It's super rare, but it's not impossible, and has happened in the past.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 11:08 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Luke View Post
You forgot to add that the Cats released a 20 year-old player today.
I say Leblanc might well end up in Shawinigan.
I would think that there's no chance of Leblanc going back to the Q. Leblanc needs to continue to play against bigger stronger players so it would make sense that he stay with the Dogs all year. Hopefully the Dogs can make the playoffs and extend their season past April 15th, getting guys like Leblanc, St-Denis, Engqvist, Palushaj back has really helped the team just can't see why the Habs would consider this.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote