HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Coach New oppurtunity for Lars Eller!

Old
01-05-2012, 09:36 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
If you could only prove that, I would take your comment seriously. Until then, I don't
3pts in 6gp -2 before last game, scratched once.
Before that, he was getting the tough minutes versus tougher opponents, at times more so than Plekanec. He also started being used on the PK. Was used at times as high as 18min+. He was getting plenty of opportunities throughout the year, Martin didn't make him miss his empty nets or his shots. I said at the time, he was missing his chances from over playing the puck and not being patient enough with the puck. It was only a matter of time.
The kid benefited from his previous roles and his improvements, he is starting to finish more of his plays, pretty clear to me. But if you want to attribute it to RC, go right ahead.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 09:57 PM
BLONG7

Eller seems to like RC's style of communicating, and might feel a little better or safer about his ice time if he makes a mistake...with JM he seemed to not communicate with the kid, and nailed his butt to the bench if he made a mistake...seems the kid likes his new coach better? Or at least knows where he stands...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 10:03 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Eller seems to like RC's style of communicating, and might feel a little better or safer about his ice time if he makes a mistake...with JM he seemed to not communicate with the kid, and nailed his butt to the bench if he made a mistake...seems the kid likes his new coach better? Or at least knows where he stands...
wasnt Eller scratched not long ago by... Connie ?

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 10:05 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Can't believe people are still crapping on Martin.
JM made him very aware of his defensive game and was starting to use him against the opposition's top line, sometimes more than Plek.

Injuries screwed us again, so lines had to be broken, and a Eller-AK-Moen line that was often one of our best early this year suffered from it.

Has nothing to do with RC. Eller is coming onto his own, that's all.
Unbeleivably well said, martin put that line togeher last year and it was easily one of our best even with an inexperienced 21 yr old eller, and this year it was dismantled for obvious reasons, moen was out for a while and ak also missed some time

I cant hate on martin for that.

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 10:06 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
wasnt Eller scratched not long ago by... Connie ?
Yes, and he was told exactly as to why, and what he had top go out and do...seems to have worked?

Old
01-05-2012, 10:09 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Yes, and he was told exactly as to why, and what he had top go out and do...seems to have worked?
just like it seemed to work for PK last season, yup

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 10:16 PM
HCH

Quote:
3pts in 6gp -2 before last game, scratched once.
Before that, he was getting the tough minutes versus tougher opponents, at times more so than Plekanec. He also started being used on the PK. Was used at times as high as 18min+. He was getting plenty of opportunities throughout the year, Martin didn't make him miss his empty nets or his shots. I said at the time, he was missing his chances from over playing the puck and not being patient enough with the puck. It was only a matter of time.
The kid benefited from his previous roles and his improvements, he is starting to finish more of his plays, pretty clear to me. But if you want to attribute it to RC, go right ahead.
That's opinion, not proof. I wasn't attributing it to RC, it was you who was trying to ensure that he got no credit. Maybe Martin had him squeezing the stick and maybe he didn't. Who knows? But you can't say that RC had nothing to do with it and in the same breath say the Martin helped his development.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 10:51 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
That's opinion, not proof. I wasn't attributing it to RC, it was you who was trying to ensure that he got no credit. Maybe Martin had him squeezing the stick and maybe he didn't. Who knows? But you can't say that RC had nothing to do with it and in the same breath say the Martin helped his development.
No proof?
Ice time increasing?
PK usage?
Opposition match ups??

Not saying RC has no bearing on his recent play, if you go back, you'll see that I responded to the people dissing Martin for the way he handled Eller. So you have it the other way around buddy.
Expecting that a coach that's been around for 10 games to have more of an impact than the one that's been around for 2 years is kind of stupid.

Old
01-06-2012, 08:31 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
No proof?
Ice time increasing?
PK usage?
Opposition match ups??

Not saying RC has no bearing on his recent play, if you go back, you'll see that I responded to the people dissing Martin for the way he handled Eller. So you have it the other way around buddy.
Expecting that a coach that's been around for 10 games to have more of an impact than the one that's been around for 2 years is kind of stupid.
You have a point, but in his interviews, Eller himself, although has tried to take the high road, has indicated that JM did not communicate with him...so the impact JM had on him may not be the impact we were all looking for? Just a thought...and yes, I am somewhat of a JM fan...

Old
01-06-2012, 10:11 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
You have a point, but in his interviews, Eller himself, although has tried to take the high road, has indicated that JM did not communicate with him...so the impact JM had on him may not be the impact we were all looking for? Just a thought...and yes, I am somewhat of a JM fan...
That would make sense if Eller looked lost and regressed, but fact of the matter is, JM was using him more, and in more important roles. He was also getting a ton more chances but couldn't convert.
It's not because you dislike a coach that you can't improve or learn from him.
There is a significant difference in Eller's play from when he first joined up until the firing. Maybe RC gave him that extra push to finish more, but to say Martin didn't help the kid and actually held him back, is pretty foolish.

Old
01-06-2012, 10:15 AM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
but he has no finish
You are correct but he has Danish which is beter than Finnish anyhow lol.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote