HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XXX (All non Habs related news here)

Closed Thread

Old
01-05-2012, 08:27 PM
Hugo Sham

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
9-0 Does Calgary have anybody that can stop a beach ball.
probably. they did beat us 4-1 in montreal

Old
01-05-2012, 08:28 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
The Russians have had a total of 4 shots on goal in the Gold medal game after 2 periods.. I don't think I've ever seen such a low shot total after 2 periods ever.. Outshot 39-4 and it's still 0-0..
yeah been checking in on that. it could very well come back to haunt the swedes

Old
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
The Russians have had a total of 4 shots on goal in the Gold medal game after 2 periods.. I don't think I've ever seen such a low shot total after 2 periods ever.. Outshot 39-4 and it's still 0-0..
Makarov slipped through the whole draft last year...bet on him going pretty early this year. 2nd round, reminds me of Lundquist.

Old
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
pleks imo, is the lesser of our problems up front. i think Krejci is grittier but give pleks horton and lucic and we'll see.
the issue is depending on guys like gionta and cammalleri. one in the top 6 is ok.
If Andrei kostitsyn could play top 6 minutes that would be great too. but he doesn't seem to respond to pressure well and is happy where he is with two relatively gritty guys.
as i've said, unless Eller emerges, habs will need to trade 2 of gionta, cammalleri or desharnais..and bring in a bit more jam on the scoring lines

I agree with this for the most part, I think with Cole in our top 6 we have gotten a little better, right now we are being hurt by Pacioretty playing like he's afraid of another suspension. I think at least one of Gionta, Cammalleri and Desharnais/Gomez being replaced would make a difference.

But then again the problem with Gionta, Cammy and Gomez has as much to do with them being one dimensional as it does with their height.

Old
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
your idea of facts and microscopic reasoning prohibits you from actually understanding the differences between players with size who play small and vice versa.

perhaps you need to brush up on your English comprehension. habs may not be 'way smaller' but most of the team plays small - especially at key scoring positions up front. it is absolutely no accident that Cole leads the habs in goal-scoring...and played 10 minutes more than any forward last night.
you're the one who brought up "the size of their fowards", not me...

at first you were saying they're bigger, now they play bigger...

yeah, exactly, I need to work on my english...

Old
Hugo Sham

Toronto beat the jets 4-0

Old
01-05-2012, 08:32 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
you're the one who brought up "the size of their fowards", not me...

at first you were saying they're bigger, now they play bigger...

yeah, exactly, I need to work on my english...
you're absolutely correct. in the future I'll pay attention to the specificity of my responses in order to satisfy the minutiae of your arguments.
my sincerest, sincerest apologies.
hopefully you can find it in the purity of your heart to forgive me

Old
01-05-2012, 08:32 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Will be tough, they have a lot of guys in line for raises in 2012 and 2013.

Rask Thomas
Boychuk
McQuaid is getting a 1 mil raise
Their 4th line is UFA
Kelly
Lucic Marchand Horton Seguin
Krejci is getting a 1.5 mil raise

They have 48 Mil committed for 12-13 and Kelly Pouliot Campbell Paille Thornton Rask Boychuk Corvo Hamill unsigned.
Keep telling yourself this. Bottom line is that they have managed their cap way more efficiently than we have.

Old
01-05-2012, 08:33 PM
sheed36

Quote:
yeah been checking in on that. it could very well come back to haunt the swedes
Wouldn't surprise me if the Russians scored on their first shot of the 3rd.. You can just see that one coming..

Only having 4 shots after 2 periods with some great offensive players is still a little mind boggling though..

Old
01-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I agree with this for the most part, I think with Cole in our top 6 we have gotten a little better, right now we are being hurt by Pacioretty playing like he's afraid of another suspension. I think at least one of Gionta, Cammalleri and Desharnais/Gomez being replaced would make a difference.

But then again the problem with Gionta, Cammy and Gomez has as much to do with them being one dimensional as it does with their height.
how tall are you? lol
anyway we agree...cole is a nice addition but not enough..maxpac is way too inconsistent and imo, 3 of the players you mentioned need to go...DD can't be a third line center or winger...not on a team that needs to be built with more jam...
gomez is as good as gone...and as mentioned a bit more jam instead of gio or cammalleri

Old
01-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
those in denial; those who live simultaneously in the past and future
I keep telling people that the Bruins were a great team and an even better team to come. I've been told that the Bruins are solely lucky. Yep. Somehow they are playing without significant injuries while teams around them are. Well, great teams make their luck. Also, when you are giving more than receiving, chances are you'd be more healthy. But their mix is just incredible. Yet, some people's hate made them become blind or something. So be it. Thing is they'll have to eventually wake up and that's when it's gonna hurt.

And the thing is, there are youngsters that are coming through their system. AND most of their guys that are good are still young. AND they didn't exactly have to throw picks for the future either. Yes, they won't have their 2nd and 4th round picks in the upcoming draft. Something tells me that it won't even matter.

Bruins are building themselves a great looking dynasty. Yes. I said it. Especially if Rask is patient enough to wait till Mr. Thomas is done. If not, well then it would depend of how Chiarelli addresses the goalie situation. But if he does, in their own way, Boston might become the new Red Wings.

Old
01-05-2012, 08:41 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Keep telling yourself this. Bottom line is that they have managed their cap way more efficiently than we have.
Telling myself what?

In order to sign a guy like Parise they'll have to dump players. Just responding to the guy that said they had the room to sign him, right now they don't unless he'll sign for 1 mil/year.

Yes they cap situation is better, but ours is not bad at all. Other than Gomez the others are reasonable.

Old
01-05-2012, 08:41 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I keep telling people that the Bruins were a great team and an even better team to come. I've been told that the Bruins are solely lucky. Yep. Somehow they are playing without significant injuries while teams around them are. Well, great teams make their luck. Also, when you are giving more than receiving, chances are you'd be more healthy. But their mix is just incredible. Yet, some people's hate made them become blind or something. So be it. Thing is they'll have to eventually wake up and that's when it's gonna hurt.

And the thing is, there are youngsters that are coming through their system. AND most of their guys that are good are still young. AND they didn't exactly have to throw picks for the future either. Yes, they won't have their 2nd and 4th round picks in the upcoming draft. Something tells me that it won't even matter.

Bruins are building themselves a great looking dynasty. Yes. I said it. Especially if Rask is patient enough to wait till Mr. Thomas is done. If not, well then it would depend of how Chiarelli addresses the goalie situation. But if he does, in their own way, Boston might become the new Red Wings.
100% agree. the truth hurts. accept the truth and it sets one free

as a hab fan, of course it's infuriating our arch-rival is so successful. we don't need to follow that blue-print but we need answers to it.
they are going to be in our conference next year - so two playoff rounds...
people can daydream about the last 103 years - but they've now owned us for the last 3 when it matters most. fluky? luck? maybe but not imo, when one has to win 16 playoff games.
our 93 was WAY more fluky and lucky than their win last year

Old
01-05-2012, 08:44 PM
BLONG7

Quote:

The Cap makes a dynasty almost impossible...the cap will have the B's change their core, no way they stay together more than another year...

Old
01-05-2012, 08:44 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Telling myself what?

In order to sign a guy like Parise they'll have to dump players. Just responding to the guy that said they had the room to sign him, right now they don't unless he'll sign for 1 mil/year.

Yes they cap situation is better, but ours is not bad at all. Other than Gomez the others are reasonable.
Telling yourself they have cap issues. They don't.

Old
01-05-2012, 08:45 PM
Hugo Sham

complete dive by the Russian goalie. he skates into his pads but his head snaps back lol

Old
01-05-2012, 08:45 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
They will, stay tuned...

Old
01-05-2012, 08:46 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
The Cap makes a dynasty almost impossible...the cap will have the B's change their core, no way they stay together more than another year...
Which core player won't be around?

Old
01-05-2012, 08:47 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
He's talking about Marc Savard of course...

Old
01-05-2012, 08:47 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
is that really the point? they already won the cup and are on the cusp of potentially doing it again. they have dominant pieces in key positions with some great young talent coming up. Dynasty or not Chiarelli is giving them / building them in a way that gives them a great chance to win each year. can you say the same for us right now. today?

Old
01-05-2012, 08:48 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
They will, stay tuned...
they already have a cup

Old
01-05-2012, 08:49 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
100% agree. the truth hurts. accept the truth and it sets one free

as a hab fan, of course it's infuriating our arch-rival is so successful. we don't need to follow that blue-print but we need answers to it.
they are going to be in our conference next year - so two playoff rounds...
people can daydream about the last 103 years - but they've now owned us for the last 3 when it matters most. fluky? luck? maybe but not imo, when one has to win 16 playoff games.
our 93 was WAY more fluky and lucky than their win last year
I will always have a hard time calling a Cup win as lucky and fluky so I will not start. But people saying that the Bruins were lucky with their 3 OT win....well we had 10 OT wins in 1993....who said we were lucky? When you win as much, it has more to do with confidence than luck. Yes, luck will always be part of every championship, whether it's absence of injuries. Whether it's good bounces. But it does for everybody. To a point that we shouldn't talk about it. Or at least, not choose to talk when it pleases us.

Yep. Same conference....worst scenario of them all unless....we start understand who we will be facing and ADJUST once and for all. Yet, finding guys that can play hockey and be tough, most teams will keep them. Or you'll have to draft them. We will have to modify our drafting strategy.

Old
01-05-2012, 08:52 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Sorry, meant if they pick up Parise, as indicated, then they will have 1-2 core guys gone...

As it stands, one of the goalies will be gone next year, no way Rask stays if they go with Thomas, Corvo, and Kelly may both be gone also...every Cup winning team seems to have to dismantle eventually...

Old
01-05-2012, 08:52 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
I will always have a hard time calling a Cup win as lucky and fluky so I will not start. But people saying that the Bruins were lucky with their 3 OT win....well we had 10 OT wins in 1993....who said we were lucky? When you win as much, it has more to do with confidence than luck. Yes, luck will always be part of every championship, whether it's absence of injuries. Whether it's good bounces. But it does for everybody. To a point that we shouldn't talk about it. Or at least, not choose to talk when it pleases us.

Yep. Same conference....worst scenario of them all unless....we start understand who we will be facing and ADJUST once and for all. Yet, finding guys that can play hockey and be tough, most teams will keep them. Or you'll have to draft them. We will have to modify our drafting strategy.
we have to modify our GM and by modify i mean terminate his employment

Old
01-05-2012, 08:53 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I never said they did...not this summer...in 2013 they'll have to let somebody walk...but unless they dump some money they won't be signing any 6-7 mil UFA's.

Closed Thread