HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#38|Jan. 5, 2012|Blackhawks at Flyers |7:00 p.m. ET

Old
01-05-2012, 09:43 PM
bryzgalovsky*

vCash: 500
HFBoard advertisement must be forwarded to Ilya Bryzgalov

bryzgalovsky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 09:43 PM
El Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I also thought I would point this out - Sean Couturier - 7:37 of ice time this evening. I've said it before and I'll say it again -> Laviolette must hate this guy. It's clear that Couturier hasn't won Peter's trust to get more ice time and yet, the guy is probably the best defensive forward on the team and is one of the better face off guys on the club. What a waste of a very good young player......
Is it b/c of that wall that JVR hit in his rookie season? Is Lavy afraid of this?

El Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 09:45 PM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
FINALLY someone sees it. Lavi's system would be great for the '87 Oilers but this team is thin up front and its blue lines corps is a sieve.

Sadly, he refuses to adjust despite the obvious fact that his system doesn't match his personnel.

They are in big trouble if he doesn't learn.
Not sure if serious...

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bernie Parent 1974

1 questionable goal against. 4-5 saves bailing out the team.

a win.

i'll take it & hope he regains his confidence.

no ground gained on BOS / NYR tho

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
drownedsailors

Quote:
Originally Posted by jags6868 View Post
Everyone is harping on about Bryz, he stole the game in the 3rd. Chicago was the better team in the end but the Flyers won due to Bryz.
On our Game winner Chi gave WAY too much time and space to Giroux which ultimately gave Hartnell and JVR a chance to create a nice play...but again pretty weak call to make on Kane in a 4-4 game with 2 minutes left

drownedsailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
freakydallas13

Leighton is better than Bryz? Seriously?

It's like Im having deja vu. Remember when Leighton was actually our goaltender? For some reason the defense would all turn into norris winners overnight; but when it came to playing in front of Boosh, it was like having a team of Matt Carles.

For whatever reason, the defense has decided to lay a gaint egg everytime they play in front of Bryz. Could he have played better? For sure. But to ignore the fact that Bryz has to bail this sorry team out over and over (and for the most part hasn't been), is to be full of whack.

freakydallas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 09:46 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Some people need to hate.

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Devastate

I think the 1st and 3rd goals were questionable, but I just watched the highlights and he looked better than I've seen.

Still, as much of a fan that I was of bryz, i'd like to win a game where we say "damn good thing we had bryz in net"

Devastate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
kimmofan44

that couts ice time stat is just ludicris. i'm convinced that lavy doesn't know how to groom rookies. couts put up 2 his first game back and a point tonight with only 7 minutes. play the damn kid!!!!! whats wrong with you!?

kimmofan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 09:47 PM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
Some people need to hate.
Yes, just like how you need to hate Lavi because he's not stevens and the forwards, because for some stupid reason you need to blame the forwards

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 09:49 PM
Flyersfan139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastate View Post
I think the 1st and 3rd goals were questionable, but I just watched the highlights and he looked better than I've seen.

Still, as much of a fan that I was of bryz, i'd like to win a game where we say "damn good thing we had bryz in net"
Agreed. Its kind of annoying seeing people post "8 more years GAHHH WAHHHH" after every goal scored against the Flyers now. Yeah Bryz is having a bad stretch right now but I think its still too early to completely give up on him. I am holding out hope!

Flyersfan139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 09:50 PM
StandingCow

Bryz played well until the 3rd period. :/

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 09:51 PM
CSKA1974

Bryz did let in a weak goal. OK ,for the sake of getting my point across without being bombarded with angry messages, I'll say 2.

The folks who continue bashing him will drive themselves and the rest of the forum insane in the next few years. Frankly, straight bashing is getting old.

Folks, making sure that entire fan base knows your attitude toward Bryz will not improve our goaltending situation, but will annoy the rest of us.

The Flyers are stuck with him for right now- let's make the best out of it. Let's hope that D will pick their portion of work and Bryz will improve. He really had some impressive saves tonight. Did not he?

Just admit for yourselves. See, that was not that hard; was it?

CSKA1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 09:51 PM
El Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastate View Post

This. Remember Game 5 last year against Buffalo. Boosh gives up 3 early goals, Leighton comes in and the D wakes up and routinely bails out all of his rebounds until he finally gave up that juicy one at the beginning of OT.

Old
01-05-2012, 09:52 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackStevens View Post
Yes, just like how you need to hate Lavi because he's not stevens and the forwards, because for some stupid reason you need to blame the forwards
I don't hate Lavi. I just think it is time you woke up.

And I didn't blame forwards. I just think a team with Matt Read on its second power play unit ought not to be playing fire wagon hockey.

Go 'head and blame the guy with the mask though, heaven knows you have years of practice at it.

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 09:53 PM
El Emperor

Wow, i seriously replied to the wrong comment, lol at me, its bed time.

Old
01-05-2012, 09:54 PM
MrHockey1982

Quote:
Stealing a game is making the saves when the team needs it the most. No one expects a goalie to have a shutout every night.

I think if Bryz were to have a 30 save shutout he would still not get the credit he deserves.

That third goal CANNOT GO IN!!!! IT SIMPLY CAN'T!!!! THAT'S WHY HE'S THE HIGHEST PAID GOALIE IN THE LEAGUE!!!

Sorry for yelling. But seriously, he's a big fat turd with a big fat crappy attitude and an absolutely atrocious save percentage and GAA. HE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

MrHockey1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Bryz made 30 saves against one of the very best teams in the NHL and best offensives. Give the guy a break, he played well enough to earn the victory.
I agree with this......I thought bryz made a few huge saves tonight, had a few 2 on 1s he stones, etc...He was not great, but he certainly was not bad or terrible in my opinion.Nor was Emery, and he gave up 5 goals ?.....

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CSKA1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmofan44 View Post
that couts ice time stat is just ludicris. i'm convinced that lavy doesn't know how to groom rookies. couts put up 2 his first game back and a point tonight with only 7 minutes. play the damn kid!!!!! whats wrong with you!?
We know very little about his conditioning level. Give the coach a benefit of the doubt.
Also, he needs to keep some gas in the tank for PK if needed.

CSKA1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 09:55 PM
FlyersFan61290

Bryz did not look good tonight not the worst he's played but still not good. Couturier's ice time is really starting to bother me. He deserves more, i understand that all forwards played well but with that said Lavi needs to find him more ice-time

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 09:56 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmofan44 View Post
Schenn 11:10
Read 21:40
MAB 19:32
Harry Z 8:20

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 09:56 PM
bryzgalovsky*

Are you people for real?

James Van Riemsdyk, who is behind only Claude Giroux and Matt Read in minutes of even strength hockey between goals scored, continues to be hated and offered in every trade thread.

Danny Briere, who at age 34 after his career best season is still on pace to get at least 20 goals and 30 assists, is accused of playing like ****.

Scott Hartnell, who is tied with Claude ****ing Giroux in goals and is probably personally responsible for setting up at least a quarter of Giroux's opportunities, must be traded immediately.

Brayden Schenn, after playing like 10 games with very limited TOI, isn't worth the trade already.

Wayne Simmonds, who played amazingly tonight and continues to win huge battles along the board which lead to big opportunities, is a disappointment.

But Ilya Bryzgalov, who lets in 4 goals (3 of which were prayer shots that could have been stopped by a person in mid-seizure randomly flailing their arms around) and is now approaching league worst stats in every goaltending category is credited for a 5 to ****ing 4 win.

Unreal.

bryzgalovsky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 09:58 PM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Bryz did not look good tonight not the worst he's played but still not good. Couturier's ice time is really starting to bother me. He deserves more, i understand that all forwards played well but with that said Lavi needs to find him more ice-time
Might be a good reason he is keeping his minutes down, perhaps his head injury is still healing up and he don't want to over extend him ?

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 09:59 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:
@LHillaryCSN
Lisa Hillary
Wow Bryz DECLINES media tonite. Sorry folks.
Maybe Bryz is starting to get the right idea.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 09:59 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Love that Giroux was leading the timeout, Lavvy clearly has faith in him and it'd be no surprise to me to see him donning the C after Pronger (or Timonen).

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline   Reply With Quote