HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tampa Bay Lightning represented at WJC

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2012, 09:01 PM
IdealisticSniper

vCash: 500
And now he scores! Hell of a game he is playing.

Old
01-03-2012, 09:04 PM
TBLHoser

Nesterov and Connolly have scored tonight....in fact....Connolly scored because of Nesterov.

Old
01-03-2012, 09:27 PM
zeykshade

This game is a debacle. Nice to see Connolly do well with the absolutely paltry minutes he gets as a 3rd liner...Strome looks like complete ****.

Old
01-03-2012, 10:08 PM
TheDaysOf 04
For The Chief!

Nesterov, Connolly, and Kucherov all have a goal tonight.

Old
01-03-2012, 10:35 PM
TheDaysOf 04
For The Chief!

Epic game.

Old
01-03-2012, 10:47 PM
TBLHoser

I really don't understand the thinking here on Canada's coaching choices. Connolly dominated when he was out there and they probably could've won had they played him more throughout the WJC.

Old
01-03-2012, 11:56 PM
Bgav
We Stylin'

vCash: 566
1) Don Hay is a ******.

2) Connolly is amazing, you guys are lucky to have him.

3) Don Hay is ********. No powerplay time for Connolly, such a joke

Old
01-04-2012, 02:02 AM
LightningStrikes
Klutcherov

vCash: 408
Highlights: http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/#clip594890

What a goal by Connolly! A great deflection before that too.

Old
01-04-2012, 02:32 AM
Left Of The Dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucLight View Post
I really don't understand the thinking here on Canada's coaching choices. Connolly dominated when he was out there and they probably could've won had they played him more throughout the WJC.
I've watched every Canada game thus far, and Connolly has been dominant throughout. He's bigger, faster, stronger, and more skilled than just about every other player on the Canadian squad. It's amazing that Hay refused to give him any powerplay time, regardless of how awful it was. But at least he earned some ice time with a scoring line in the last minutes.

The thing about Connolly that impressed me the most was how crushed he was after the game. Nobody seemed to be taking the loss harder than him. And that's a great sign for a kid who had people questioning his desire to be at the tournament and his ability to lead the team as a returning player. I think both those questions have been answered.

For me, a non-Lightning fan, his stock has never been higher.

Old
01-04-2012, 07:00 AM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

I was honestly in disbelief. Connolly was Canada's best player out there, yet gets no PP time? What kind of ******** **** is that?

Tards.

Old
01-04-2012, 08:51 AM
zeykshade

I hope Brett can recover and realize that he was hamstrung by awful coaching. I hope that he was able to do at the tournament will give him confidence in the NHL. The guy looked like a Man among boys as far as I'm concerned. The only one vocally pumping teammates up on the way out of 2nd intermission, the extra attacker to halve the 1st period lead on an absolute beauty goal past a goaltender that was playing out of his mind, and looked absolutely crushed when the comeback didn't happen.

There's a lot more character in that man than I had previously given him credit for. Goes to show you can't judge everyone by their "body language".

Old
01-04-2012, 11:22 AM
chasespace

I'm glad Canada lost, now Connolly will be super pissed and help them roll through Finland then come back to Tampa and hopefully keep that streak going.

Old
01-04-2012, 11:26 AM
zeykshade

I read that he wasn't going to play in the Bronze medal game and instead would rejoin the Lightning. I'll try to find the link(click me).

Quote:
Connolly also had a goal in the game, but rather than competing in one final match, will rejoin the Lightning instead just east of the tournament’s host site where Tampa Bay is currently in the midst of a three-game road trip north of the border in Canada.

Old
01-04-2012, 11:29 AM
ThunderAlleyNomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeykshade View Post
I read that he wasn't going to play in the Bronze medal game and instead would rejoin the Lightning. I'll try to find the link(click me).
I seriously hope this is true. **** them if they don't know how to appropriately use a guy like him.

And apparently it is true! Yeah. Maybe he can score a few PP goals for the Lightning.

Old
01-04-2012, 11:32 AM
TheDaysOf 04
For The Chief!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeykshade View Post
Huh, I guess it was gold or nothing. It'll be great to have him back earlier if Malone is still injuried for tomorrows game.

Old
01-04-2012, 12:44 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
Huh, I guess it was gold or nothing. It'll be great to have him back earlier if Malone is still injuried for tomorrows game.
Indeed.

No more Blair.

Old
01-04-2012, 01:46 PM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

vCash: 900
Awful coaching as I said early, I hope Yzerman learns about this, no more letting one guy go there if they're not putting them in the top-line

Old
01-04-2012, 02:03 PM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
Yeah, coaching did cost Canada the gold (not just the Conolly issue ofc), oh well.

01-04-2012, 03:16 PM
zeykshade

#tblightning GM Steve Yzerman said there is no truth to the rumor of Brett Connolly being pulled from tomorrow's Broze Medal Game

@erlendssontrib

Old
01-04-2012, 07:39 PM
ultra63

Ray Ferraro picks Connolly as Canada’s best player

Ray Ferraro picked Connolly as Canada’s best player during the first inter period on the NHL on TSN Wednesday night hockey. He praised his leadership and “playing on edge” despite the scrutiny he was under.

Old
01-04-2012, 08:19 PM
zeykshade

I loved Connolly's performance in the entire tournament. He was asked to play a role that he's really not built for and did a decent job at it. Hay is apparently the same kind of coach that, were he a carpenter, would use a hammer to drive a screw though. Asking Connolly to play a 3rd line role and giving him dick for PP time was asinine.

Basically the entire team was built incorreclty in my opinion. There's a reason why 2 scoring lines, 1 energy line, and 1 checking line is used in the NHL and has been used in the past by successful international teams. Team needed more sand than just Smith-Pelley. Him getting hurt just exacerbated the problem.

Old
01-05-2012, 09:42 PM
TheDaysOf 04
For The Chief!

Kucherov loses the puck it goes between him and another Russian player. Some miscommunication of who should get the puck, and Zibanejad sweeps up the puck streaks in and scores. Kucherov and Nesterov get silver.

Old
01-05-2012, 09:46 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
Kucherov loses the puck it goes between him and another Russian player. Some miscommunication of who should get the puck, and Zibanejad sweeps up the puck streaks in and scores. Kucherov and Nesterov get silver.
Thank god they lost, I can't stand Russia

Old
01-05-2012, 10:11 PM
Bolt32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High View Post
Thank god they lost, I can't stand Russia
Yes but Marakov impressed the living hell out of me. I want the bolts to nab his ass. Jesus christ that kid played a game. They should of gave him a gold medal anyway. I never seen a kid be so positionally perfect like that in my life. Holy crap that was a master piece that he put out there. I hope to god our scouts were watching that game.

Old
01-05-2012, 10:29 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt32 View Post
Yes but Marakov impressed the living hell out of me. I want the bolts to nab his ass. Jesus christ that kid played a game. They should of gave him a gold medal anyway. I never seen a kid be so positionally perfect like that in my life. Holy crap that was a master piece that he put out there. I hope to god our scouts were watching that game.
Oh for sure, there's no denying the Russians are talented. Either Marakov and Vasilevski would be great goaltending prospects that would help us in the future. I just can't stand the attitudes of most Russian players (NHL, KHL, junior, etc.). Not so much their goalies, they seem to be more humble.

Closed Thread