HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread 4.0 - ***"Christian Thomas is the new Sauer+2nd" Edition***

Closed Thread

Old
01-05-2012, 08:12 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Valentenko doesn't count towards any "log jam".

One of the above can/will move over to the right.
Then where do Girardi, Sauer and McIlrath play?

Old
01-05-2012, 09:24 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Replying to quote from RGY (prior thread just closed):

Your comment:
"Jeff Woywitka tough? And you sit here and try to downplay my laughter at you. Sure the Ducks want toughness on the blueline but Jeff Woywitka certainly is not the answer. You're making him sound like he is Brooks Orpik or Mike Sauer. You need to get your head screwed on right because it's a little loose.

And Murray is not taking picks. I dont know why you cant get that through your thick head. He'd rather hold onto Perry/Getzlaf than to deal them for just draft picks. Because like he himself is saying he is not looking to rebuild. He does not want to start from the ground up. I know its hard with basic reading comprehension skills. But keep posting your silly proposals. They do bring such laughter which like you have said yourself is the best medicine."

My reply:
Doesn't matter that JW is not the second coming of Chara, or any other really tough, exceptionally strong guy, like Orpik, etc (which I never said).
He is tough ENOUGH and plays hard ENOUGH to be part of the solution, not part of the problem.
Accordingly, he has value and use to Ducks on soft D corps unless and until they get some one better (including particularly as to toughness) from somewhere else.
So, as logic yet once again prevails, you are wrong. You can admit it or not, but that is what the fact demonstrates.

As to Murray, it's not that hard to understand.
He can ask for ANYTHING he wants.
He will take the best offer.
If that offer must include draft picks, he will gag and swallow and take them.

Of course, to be all or largely picks, that would have to be a high number of picks.
Some variables with such construct may make sense, others not, depending upon what players are involved and the picks.

Was that SO hard to understand?

As to your arrogant taunts which are just looking to be acknowledged as trolling, I will hold off for now and give you enough rope to hang yourself. But be advised at your own risk you that you can taunt all you want, but remember, if I choose to, I give better than I get. My "thick head" can at least generate and comprehend rationale basis and logic, and not merely engage in ad hominum attacks; take care it is you who is not made to bend, buckle and break before the bernmeister!
your absurd defense of woywitka is laughable. woywitka couldve been had for nothing if he was THAT. impressive at the start of the season and now hes a key piece in a deal for one the better young players in the game. when is it safe to declare insanity?....YAWN bern YAWN per the usual. get some thicker skin and stop being so sensitive. you should be used to criticism by now.

great win tonight for the rangers

Last edited by RGY: 01-05-2012 at 09:30 PM.
Old
01-05-2012, 09:47 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Replying to quote from RGY (prior thread just closed):

As to your arrogant taunts which are just looking to be acknowledged as trolling, I will hold off for now and give you enough rope to hang yourself. But be advised at your own risk you that you can taunt all you want, but remember, if I choose to, I give better than I get. My "thick head" can at least generate and comprehend rationale basis and logic, and not merely engage in ad hominum attacks; take care it is you who is not made to bend, buckle and break before the bernmeister!
He made it to my ignore list long ago...

Old
01-05-2012, 10:12 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Valentenko doesn't count towards any "log jam".

One of the above can/will move over to the right.
Thanks for that insider tip!

with Sauer in the lineup, and a full healthy blueline...

McD-Girardi
MDZ-Sauer
Staal-Stralman/Bickel/Eminger/Woywitka/Erixon/McIlrath(future)

if you trade Sauer then it's who is going to play on the RD side of those remaining? If Girardi gets injured, and Sauer traded, your RD side is starting to look mightily stressed. Teams will develop plays to take advantage of all the left-handed RDs. I'm not so eager to trade Sauer. Naturally if you are acquiring someone like Bobby Ryan then you strongly consider it but you know the adage... if it ain't broke. still the only team remaining with single digit regulation loses.

Old
01-05-2012, 10:31 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Anisimov, Sauer, Wolski, Thomas, conditional 1st if rangers reach the finals, 2nd if they reach the conference finals

For

Selanne and Ryan

Ryan Stepan Gaborik
Dubinsky Richards Selanne
Hagelin Fedotenko Callahan
Rupp Boyle Prust
Mitchell

Staal Girardi
McDonagh Del Zotto
Bickel Stralman
Eminger
Erixon

Lundqvist
Biron

Next year:

Kreider Stepan Gaborik
Ryan Richards Callahan
Hagelin Dubinsky Fedotenko
Rupp Boyle Prust
Mitchell

Staal Girardi
McDonagh Del Zotto
Erixon Stralman (Swedish connection)
Bickel
McIlrath

Lundqvist
Biron

Old
01-05-2012, 10:43 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Anisimov, Sauer, Wolski, Thomas, conditional 1st if rangers reach the finals, 2nd if they reach the conference finals

For

Selanne and Ryan

Ryan Stepan Gaborik
Dubinsky Richards Selanne
Hagelin Fedotenko Callahan
Rupp Boyle Prust
Mitchell

Staal Girardi
McDonagh Del Zotto
Bickel Stralman
Eminger
Erixon

Lundqvist
Biron

Next year:

Kreider Stepan Gaborik
Ryan Richards Callahan
Hagelin Dubinsky Fedotenko
Rupp Boyle Prust
Mitchell

Staal Girardi
McDonagh Del Zotto
Erixon Stralman (Swedish connection)
Bickel
McIlrath

Lundqvist
Biron
Take out Selanne and that's probably want they'd want for just Ryan.

Old
01-05-2012, 10:50 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Then where do Girardi, Sauer and McIlrath play?
if erixon and mcilrath both make it and we have 7 healthy guys then we'll have to do something, but its a non-issue until mcilrath turns pro and is in the mix.

Old
01-05-2012, 11:03 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Dreger mntioning that Carter still wants out of Columbus and could be available...just sayin'.

Old
01-05-2012, 11:08 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Dreger mntioning that Carter still wants out of Columbus and could be available...just sayin'.
If you want that contract be my guest. Also, there was a reason why he was traded from Philly.

Old
01-06-2012, 01:24 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
If you want that contract be my guest. Also, there was a reason why he was traded from Philly.
his cap hit is outstanding. less than 6 mil a season for usually a perennial 30/30 guy. wouldnt mind trading for him at all. question is what do you have to give up to get him. as long as its nothing huge off of this years roster, or Kreider, why wouldnt you do it?

AA - Stepan - Gabby
Dubi - Richards - Cally
Hagelin - Carter - Wolski
Rupp - Boyle - Prust/Fedotenko

3 legitimate offensive lines that you could roll non stop. that top 9 could go head to head against any top 9 in the game today.

though, to make it work, you'd almost HAVE to trade Wolski as part of the deal.

Old
01-06-2012, 01:52 AM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
his cap hit is outstanding. less than 6 mil a season for usually a perennial 30/30 guy. wouldnt mind trading for him at all. question is what do you have to give up to get him. as long as its nothing huge off of this years roster, or Kreider, why wouldnt you do it?

AA - Stepan - Gabby
Dubi - Richards - Cally
Hagelin - Carter - Wolski
Rupp - Boyle - Prust/Fedotenko

3 legitimate offensive lines that you could roll non stop. that top 9 could go head to head against any top 9 in the game today.

though, to make it work, you'd almost HAVE to trade Wolski as part of the deal.
Are you planning on amnestying him after the next CBA runs out?

Old
01-06-2012, 01:53 AM
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil

I doubt this organization would ever, ever seriously consider adding Carter and that contract. Way, way too long a commitment.

If he was a guy worth having, Philly would never have traded him. There were well publicized off-ice issues with Carter, no way we go there. The Rangers have one of the best locker rooms in the NHL, you don't blow up the chemistry on this team and deal 2-3 valuable assets for that guy.

You know how many bars/clubs there are in NYC?

Old
01-06-2012, 02:23 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
I doubt this organization would ever, ever seriously consider adding Carter and that contract. Way, way too long a commitment.

If he was a guy worth having, Philly would never have traded him. There were well publicized off-ice issues with Carter, no way we go there. The Rangers have one of the best locker rooms in the NHL, you don't blow up the chemistry on this team and deal 2-3 valuable assets for that guy.

You know how many bars/clubs there are in NYC?
i agree i wouldnt trade any valuable assets from this years team, or Kreider for sure....but hes an outstanding goal scorer with a wicked wrist shot, his cap hit is very low considering hes pretty much a guarantee to put up 30 goals if hes healthy.

Old
01-06-2012, 03:16 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

Carter doesn't play the Rangers style. It's unlikely he will.

Also, I do not like him.

Old
01-06-2012, 04:05 AM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
Carter doesn't play the Rangers style. It's unlikely he will.

Also, I do not like him.
This. All of this.

He's a clown that would be in Torts' doghouse before he gets here. And as others said there's a reason Philly dumped him.

Old
01-06-2012, 04:52 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Rangers fans like shiny new toys. Jeff Carter. No thank you. CBA expires in 9 months and Carter has an 11 year contract.

Old
01-06-2012, 05:03 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Rangers fans like shiny new toys. Jeff Carter. No thank you. CBA expires in 9 months and Carter has an 11 year contract.
Yeah, some folks are always like anything new is better.
Unfortunate products of the iPhone/iPad generation

Old
01-06-2012, 05:19 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

9 regulation losses in 38 games. I'm not making any trades unless it completely blows my doors off.

Old
01-06-2012, 05:56 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:

Fully agreed about how bad the length of the contract is, especially in light of the upcoming CBA talks. I have always liked Carter, and I believe that the Rangers were high on Carter going into the 2003 draft. I'm not someone who really wants to see this team do anything at this point, especially with Dubi having played so well lately. As for why Philly would move him, well, they moved Richards, too, and he could play on my team any day, so, I'm not buying that line of reasoning just because Chris Pronger had a hissy fit. Giving that Carter wants out, it's possible that the price tag might not be too high. OTOH, this team has phenomenal chemistry, and I'm hesitant to mess with it. While we all have visions of a Cup run because of the team's current success, in my heart, I believe this team is still a year away from legitimate Cup contender status. Adding a piece like Carter could improve those chances. But, then again, much like a deal for Ryan, nothing guarantees either player finding success in NY.

Old
01-06-2012, 06:59 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The Rangers shouldn't take on any salary past this season. Sather has been very good in not taking on salary in a trade in the current CBA world. The Rangers have done a good job with the cap. Cam Hope did a good job when he oversaw the cap. Jeff Gorton did a good job last summer with Richards and the Rangers own free agents. The Rangers aren't going to do anything stupid such as adding money. They don't what will be in the new CBA. They need to keep their young players because they play for cheap on entry level deals. They need to be able to re-sign their key young players when they're up in the near future.

Ozolinsh and Backman are the two exceptions to the Rangers taking on money. They both had just 1 year remaining.

Carter will be traded at some point. He has wanted out of Columbus as soon as he was traded there. Pierre LeBrun mentioned Carter wanted out a few weeks ago but he is keeping his mouth shut. The French RDS hockey guy broke that story. Columbus is looking to move Brassard(2 more years/$3.2M cap and $7M in salary) and Vermette(3 more years remaining at $3.75M).

Quote:
12:02:07 Portzline: Hard to say. Howson doesn't show his cards very often. Him saying that he's ready to start moving players was a bold step forward for him. Thing is, it's a tough time to make deals, unless you're looking to unload somebody for pennies on the dollar. He's not that kind of GM. It will be hard to piece together a deal, but it can be done. The player they have most tried to move is Derick Brassard, but that - obviously -- has been difficult. They'd move Vermette, too. Hard to say who's the first to go unless you know who the dance partner is, what their needs are.
http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/conte...pts/index.html

Old
01-06-2012, 07:54 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
The Rangers shouldn't take on any salary past this season. Sather has been very good in not taking on salary in a trade in the current CBA world. The Rangers have done a good job with the cap. Cam Hope did a good job when he oversaw the cap. Jeff Gorton did a good job last summer with Richards and the Rangers own free agents. The Rangers aren't going to do anything stupid such as adding money. They don't what will be in the new CBA. They need to keep their young players because they play for cheap on entry level deals. They need to be able to re-sign their key young players when they're up in the near future.
This. So many people are looking for blockbuster deals where we somehow get a superstar for next to nothing. That isn't Sather's MO at the trade deadline. If you are expecting anything more than an Antropov-type deal, you're going to be disappointed.

Old
01-06-2012, 08:04 AM
MAYO

Missing Link

Alright, so the half way mark is almost upon us. I knew we would be a play off bound team, but first in the league?!?!? That being said, we have one of the best duo's between the pipes, our D, once 100% healthy is solid. I am thinking we are one piece away up front from being a bonifide cup contender. If there is one move to make, and a realistic one at that, who do we target without dismantling our current nucleus? Is Bobby Ryan feasible?

Old
01-06-2012, 08:17 AM
Vitto79

its not hard to find a rental winger for a 2nd rounder an descent prospect like Zuccarello. That offer will not hurt the core and bring in someone to help try and win it this yr

I don't know if I would make a big Bobby Ryan move. Looking at the F group as it consists now I see nothing wrong with going into next yrs camp with the same group and let a kid go for a spot. Maybe Kreider steps up on Richards wing for example..........not to mention Dubi has looked better

I say from looking at the FA pool Rutuu fits perfectly. He's not a crazy sniper but would look good with BR and Cally

Next yr keep the youth movement

Anisimov, Stepan, Callahan,,,,,,,,Dubinsky, Richards, Callahan.........Hagelin, Boyle, one of Kreider, Thomas, Miller.............Rupp, sign Mitchell and Prust since they are UFA's and let Feds, EC, Avery , Wolski walk as UFAs

Old
01-06-2012, 08:24 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
This. So many people are looking for blockbuster deals where we somehow get a superstar for next to nothing. That isn't Sather's MO at the trade deadline. If you are expecting anything more than an Antropov-type deal, you're going to be disappointed.
all I want is a Antropov type deal

Old
01-06-2012, 08:26 AM
MorrisWanchuk

in before posters start suggesting we trade away Anisimov, Dubinsky, Boyle, Sauer etc.

Don't give up any of our regular players in any stupid trade. With the youth coming through, we're going to get 3-4 cracks at a long run. We can address tinkering through free agency in the Summer.

edit: and in after the post above which i agree with 100%

Closed Thread