HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

All things Anaheim Ducks - (Keep all proposals/speculation here)

Closed Thread

Old
01-05-2012, 10:51 PM
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGallINYAface View Post

He has been considered the best player on Anaheim for like 6 months.
And even then it's been co-best player depending on the night because of Teemu.

Old
01-05-2012, 10:51 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
He was saying that, he meant that he wouldn't be the best player in VAN
I know what she was saying. But, I was simply pointing out that Perry has only held that title (for lack of a better word) for around 6 months. Basically her post is ridiculous.

Old
01-05-2012, 10:53 PM
Huntershin Karuk
Horvat is Horfat

Quote:
Yes worry about a players 6 year NHL resume over a player with a 6 month NHL resume. Great thought process.
Things evolve over time. Perry might not be the best fit.

Old
01-05-2012, 10:58 PM
thepuckmonster
professional winner

Quote:
I know what she was saying. But, I was simply pointing out that Perry has only held that title (for lack of a better word) for around 6 months. Basically her post is ridiculous.
Not really, Perry isn't a 50G scorer in Vancouver unless he plays on the 1PP with the Sedins. It's a bad message to send to Kesler who's earned his spot and proven he can pot goals from the screen. It's not how Gillis or AV works.

All that doesn't matter though, because that rumour contains more bull **** than a cow farm.

Old
01-05-2012, 11:01 PM
pavelbure604

dont want perry, he only has 8 more points than hodgson getting 1st line mintues and pp time

godson will become a beast

Old
01-05-2012, 11:07 PM
danaluvsthekings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
No it doesnt make sense at all, which is why Anaheim fans are so frustrated with Murray right now. Murray is under the impression that Selanne will play forever. I don't think he realizes how much Ryan will be needed once he leaves. Losing Selanne to retirement and one of the big 3 to trade in the same offseason would be too detrimental to the team and fanbase. The only way I see one of them being traded (Ryan the most likely) is if it's for a player with similar impact. That's why Weber and Sutter keep being mentioned. Now I for one don't see that happening because we lack the payroll to spend 7+ on a defenseman. IMO if Ryan is moved, it will be for someone like Carter. Losing Ryan would hurt, but since Murray believes Teemu will play forever, he will most certainly have eyes on a center. JVR makes some sense from Philly but I don't see Holmgren adding the expensive pieces needed in addition. Most likely none are moved, and Murray sees if this core can pick it back up. The Ducks have a lot of salary comming off the books next season. Definitely going to be an interesting offseason. I for one am terrified of Murray being the idiot he is and overreacting to save his job.
Having a ton of money coming off the books can be a blessing and a curse. A desperate GM and a ton of money can equal bad contracts pretty quickly. You say the Ducks likely aren't going to spend $7 mil on a defenseman, meaning Suter is probably out. If they're not going to spend that much on a defenseman, is it likely they'd spend that amount on someone like Parise?

I don't know that there's all that much good talent that will be available with this free agent crop. It's a lot of solid but mostly unspectacular guys. Unless I'm missing someone on the list, Tuomo Ruutu is probably the best center who might be available, then you're looking at guys like Langkow, Stoll, Grabovski, Jokinen, Hecht. Are any of those that much of an upgrade on Koivu? Those guys are all going to get overpaid just because there aren't a ton of good centers available.

Old
01-05-2012, 11:09 PM
TheNudge

Send a message via MSN to TheNudge
[QUOTE=93gilmour93;41929865]Jvr + Gus for Bobby Ryan QUOTE]

I would still past on the offer. I would atleast need a 1st coming to the ducks.

Last edited by TheNudge: 01-05-2012 at 11:15 PM.
Old
01-05-2012, 11:11 PM
duxfan8

I posted this in another thread, but I think that these Nash rumors are good for the Ducks. Although Getz/Perry/Ryan's contracts are not as long as Nash's, they are for way less money and teams would rather take one of the Ducks. Anyways, I like the idea of Suter or Webber, but the Ducks need a center coming back, and Nashville won't offer Weber and Wilson or whatever for anything less than Getz and Perry/Ryan/Fowler or what not.

Old
01-05-2012, 11:14 PM
duxfan8

Quote:
Originally Posted by siKmoNStir View Post
To Ducks:

Roy
Ennis
Armia
1st round pick

To Sabres:

Getzlaf
3rd round pick
nope, Ducks need a better center than Roy in return for Getzlaf. Roy has been injury ridden and a lot less productive than usual in the past two years.

Old
01-05-2012, 11:16 PM
duxfan8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
To Anahiem:
Nikolai Kulemin/Clarke MacArthur (Anahiem's choice)
Nazem Kadri
Luke Schenn
Jonas Gustavsson
1st in 2012

To Toronto:
Ryan Getzlaf
Jonas Hiller
I know other Ducks fans have disagreed with this proposal, but I would do it if you swap Reimer with Gus and Grabo with Kadri. Ducks add a conditional 3rd (if Grabo resigns)

Old
01-05-2012, 11:17 PM
duxfan8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromeo87 View Post
Another offensive dman is NOT what Carolina needs. We have enough of those.. Plus, Lydman is 34!
Lydman is not an offensive dman, AT ALL!

Old
01-05-2012, 11:20 PM
Nuck This

I really don't wanna see Hodgson go. Future captain and a future 70+ point getter pp quarterback. His work ethic and love of the game don't come around often. It seems only Canucks fans see this.....but Perry would put us over the top for the next 4 years. A top six of

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler Perry would be dirty.

Old
01-05-2012, 11:20 PM
duxfan8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piffle View Post
Didn't read through the whole thread to see if there were any similar Hawk proposals, but what about something like this?

to ANA:
Nick Leddy
Michael Frolik

to CHI:
Cory Perry

It gives me great pain to offer up Nick Leddy, because he is already very good at 20 and is going to be REALLY good in a few years, but I think Perry is exactly the kind of player the Hawks top 6 needs.
LOL! terrible proposal! Frolik and Leddy? Really? Do you think they are core players?

Old
01-05-2012, 11:21 PM
NuxFan09

This sounds crazy but I don't want the Canucks to trade for Perry. It's not that I don't think Perry is a great player and that he wouldn't be great on the Canucks, but just that this team has a good make up as is. Plus, as much as Perry is an elite scorer right now, the Canucks have a total X-Factor in Hodgson. This is a guy who not long ago was considered one of the best, if not THE best, prospects in the world and he's in a perfect position right now developing slowly on the third line while anchoring the 2nd powerplay unit. He could become a really special player and a fixture for the Canucks once the current core starts to get older and regress. I don't really feel like giving that up, even for a player of Perry's calibre. We're talking about looking in the long term here.

Now, it would be a completely different scenario if the Canucks weren't good enough and needed that extra piece. But the Canucks don't need Perry, as good as he is. The Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Booth and Hodgson + several other solid depth players are good enough, thanks.

Old
01-05-2012, 11:22 PM
duxfan8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Circle OneTimer View Post
How do the Flyers get Ryan without moving Giroux, Schenn, or Couturier?
Obviously won't happen, but I'd trade Getz and Perry for Giroux, Simmonds and a prospect/2nd rounder

Old
01-05-2012, 11:24 PM
duxfan8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
How would you feel about:

Ryan and Visnovsky

For

JVR, Schenn, 2nd

You guys get the better forward, and a veteran on the blueline who is one of the top offensive Dmen in the NHL, helps offset the loss of Pronger. We get a replacement for Bobby, a great prospect to be the future 2nd line center behind Getzlaf, and the 2nd is a 2nd.
I'd go for it if they replaced Schenn with Couturier

Old
01-05-2012, 11:25 PM
NuxFan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by duxfan8 View Post
Obviously won't happen, but I'd trade Getz and Perry for Giroux, Simmonds and a prospect/2nd rounder
You serious? Man, as a Ducks fan you sure underrate your own players. Getzlaf and Perry are a once in a lifetime duo. Why the Ducks are even thinking of being open to trading them is beyond me. It's not like they're old either. For heaven's sakes...

Old
01-05-2012, 11:30 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:

Old
01-05-2012, 11:30 PM
hb11xchamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuxFan09 View Post
You serious? Man, as a Ducks fan you sure underrate your own players. Getzlaf and Perry are a once in a lifetime duo. Why the Ducks are even thinking of being open to trading them is beyond me. It's not like they're old either. For heaven's sakes...
Yeah Philly would have to add to that or take out Simmonds and add JVR or one of their better defensemen

Old
01-05-2012, 11:31 PM
duxfan8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuxFan09 View Post
Giroux is arguably a top 3 player in the NHL right now, and is signed for an additional 2 years beyond this season at 3.75 million. Simmonds has played great, too. He is signed for 1.75 for this year and next, so he's cheap too. Call Matt Read the prospect, and the Ducks are set on RW for years to come with Bobby, Simmonds, Read and Palmieri (their own prospect, of course). I would totally not be against trading both Getz and Perry for G, Simmonds and a guy like Read.

EDIT: Someone said swap Simmonds with JVR. No chance the Flyers do that. Maybe swap Simmonds with Schenn, but I feel like that would be a stretch if we also got a pick/prospect of Read's ability.

Old
01-05-2012, 11:32 PM
M A K A V E L I*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
Not really, Perry isn't a 50G scorer in Vancouver unless he plays on the 1PP with the Sedins. It's a bad message to send to Kesler who's earned his spot and proven he can pot goals from the screen. It's not how Gillis or AV works.

All that doesn't matter though, because that rumour contains more bull **** than a cow farm.
What are bull's doing in a cow farm?

Perry would be a nice addition although that 50 goal season might be his Bernie Nicholls season.

Old
01-05-2012, 11:33 PM
thepuckmonster
professional winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by M A K A V E L I View Post
What are bull's doing in a cow farm?
Making more baby cows. Calfs.

Old
01-05-2012, 11:43 PM
echlfreak

Ducks trade Hiller, Cogliano and Ryan to Columbus for Nash and Carter

Perry-Getzlaf-ANYONE

Carter-Nash-ANYONE

Premier center and wingers on both top lines

Old
01-05-2012, 11:45 PM
dma0034

vCash: 600
Quote:
nope, Ducks need a better center than Roy in return for Getzlaf. Roy has been injury ridden and a lot less productive than usual in the past two years.
Who are you going to get back that is a better center than Roy? Also Roy has had one injury in the last two years (which sidelined him half the season). Roy, Ennis 1st Armia (good prospect) is a nice starting piece for Getzlaf.

Old
01-05-2012, 11:47 PM
dma0034

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by echlfreak View Post
Ducks trade Hiller, Cogliano and Ryan to Columbus for Nash and Carter

Perry-Getzlaf-ANYONE

Carter-Nash-ANYONE

Premier center and wingers on both top lines
Colombus says no.... Nash asks why he plays center over Carter.

Closed Thread