HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XXX (All non Habs related news here)

Closed Thread

Old
01-05-2012, 10:11 PM
Hugo Sham

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
Visentin did have the play of the tournament today, IMO. Did you catch his blind behind the back save?? Spooky
that was one crazy, eyes-in-the-back-of-the-head save

Old
01-05-2012, 10:25 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFan81 View Post
good article.
Thanks. But you know how it is. One thing to say something to journalist. Another to actually live it. The guy plays great. He plays like a #1. But if he knows that Thomas re-signs for 4 years....do you seriously think he stays put?

Old
01-05-2012, 10:38 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

On a sad note, I just want to point out that one of the key guys that was once playing for us in 92-93 announced his retirement...Thanks for the memories Patric. You all know who I'm talking about do you? Patric Kjellberg, of course...

Was a pretty good Fredericton Canadiens player for 1 year and end up quite serviceable Predators for a couple of years in the late 1990's..

Old
01-05-2012, 10:46 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Will sound opportunistic.....but as far as we need to more present in the Q. We need to be more present in Sweden as well. Only 4 Swedes in 8 years. But 2 on 2 drafts lately so it might be a sign to come. But I'm mostly talking about Swedes in the first couple of rounds instead of just fillers.
I've been wondering for a while now why the Habs seem to spend such little effort scouting Sweden. Definitely seems to be an afterthought for them.

Old
01-05-2012, 10:47 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
I keep telling people that the Bruins were a great team and an even better team to come. I've been told that the Bruins are solely lucky. Yep. Somehow they are playing without significant injuries while teams around them are. Well, great teams make their luck. Also, when you are giving more than receiving, chances are you'd be more healthy. But their mix is just incredible. Yet, some people's hate made them become blind or something. So be it. Thing is they'll have to eventually wake up and that's when it's gonna hurt.

And the thing is, there are youngsters that are coming through their system. AND most of their guys that are good are still young. AND they didn't exactly have to throw picks for the future either. Yes, they won't have their 2nd and 4th round picks in the upcoming draft. Something tells me that it won't even matter.

Bruins are building themselves a great looking dynasty. Yes. I said it. Especially if Rask is patient enough to wait till Mr. Thomas is done. If not, well then it would depend of how Chiarelli addresses the goalie situation. But if he does, in their own way, Boston might become the new Red Wings.
With the moves they've made the Bruins are going to be great for a long time.

The only thing that surprised me was how good they became so quick. I didn't think they were a great champion last year but they are now absolutely on fire. Rask and Seguin are going to be amazing for them. They've got Chara who should be good for the next few years. Lucic won't be a superstar but he's got great size and should be good for 30+ goals a year...

Old
01-05-2012, 11:42 PM
Dekar

Krys Barch suspended for one game

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=610139

Old
01-05-2012, 11:58 PM
CamFan81
Derp

Quote:
Thanks. But you know how it is. One thing to say something to journalist. Another to actually live it. The guy plays great. He plays like a #1. But if he knows that Thomas re-signs for 4 years....do you seriously think he stays put?
Oh without a doubt.
However, i don't think the bruins sign TT to a deal like that.
Guess only time will tell lol.

Old
01-06-2012, 02:06 AM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

heard this on 990 this afternoon. surprised we really didn't hear any talk of this. i wonder what he could have said that could come of as racial, but still plausibly be defended as not intentional. maybe something like 'you're a piece of ****' which you could say to anyone, but could refer to skin tone. and who reports this? does a ref overhear that? or does subban have to bring it up (which is kinna sissy, tattling-elementary playground style.)

Old
01-06-2012, 02:13 AM
bentheprop

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlemsFinest View Post
heard this on 990 this afternoon. surprised we really didn't hear any talk of this. i wonder what he could have said that could come of as racial, but still plausibly be defended as not intentional. maybe something like 'you're a piece of ****' which you could say to anyone, but could refer to skin tone. and who reports this? does a ref overhear that? or does subban have to bring it up (which is kinna sissy, tattling-elementary playground style.)
The initial report that I heard is that Subban never heard the remark and that it was a linesman that heard it and reported it.

Old
01-06-2012, 02:24 AM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

makes the most sense. anyway, keep on trollin pk, even if you didn't realize you were! got dat jigga suspended by accident lol.

Old
01-06-2012, 02:31 AM
Aceekay

Then Barch goes on to call Subban a coward and that he never said anything racist.

The hole, its getting deeper barch.

Old
01-06-2012, 02:33 AM
76ftw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
Then Barch goes on to call Subban a coward and that he never said anything racist.

The hole, its getting deeper barch.
WHAAAT? Link?

Old
01-06-2012, 02:42 AM
Aceekay

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post
WHAAAT? Link?
It was on TSN they removed the full clip and replaced it with a small segment because it was pretty insulting.

Last edited by Aceekay: 01-06-2012 at 01:04 PM.
Old
01-06-2012, 03:06 AM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar View Post

No room in any sport for racial BS. I have a serious dislike for PK but it isn't because he is black.

I love you guys, hockey would not be the same without our two teams.

Old
01-06-2012, 05:06 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
It was on TSN they removed the full clip and replaced it with a small segment because it was pretty insulting.

I wonder if Krys Barch (who was born in hamilton) has any relation to the person who threw the banana at wayne simmonds in hamilton?
Probably not since the Banana was thrown in London, a good five hours away from Hamilton.

Old
01-06-2012, 05:54 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFan81 View Post
Oh without a doubt.
However, i don't think the bruins sign TT to a deal like that.
Guess only time will tell lol.
When that's your biggest concern, something tells me that you're doing great....

Old
01-06-2012, 07:31 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKiwi View Post
Savard.
I think he has a hard time understanding. The Bruins are far from being in cap trouble and can get even better this off season which is very scary going forward

Old
01-06-2012, 07:31 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
Probably not since the Banana was thrown in London, a good five hours away from Hamilton.
Unless the guy's got a really good arm.

Old
01-06-2012, 08:01 AM
TD74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I think he has a hard time understanding. The Bruins are far from being in cap trouble and can get even better this off season which is very scary going forward
I have read through this thread and I dont know if it was mentionned (i didnt see it), Savard is not even on the LTIR.....therefore, we are still paying his salary as we speak. He will be put on LTIR closer to the trade deadline......at the start of the season we had $7M cap space WITHOUT Savard on the LTIR....with his salary, we go up to $11M.

And lets not forget, the cap is going down (probably) next year.....so if you guys are looking for a new GM, I suggest you (and most teams) put out an add for a financial planner!!

Old
01-06-2012, 08:33 AM
Gally11

I dunno if it was mentioned all I seen were people wondering about what was said but Barch said "what happened, did you slip on a banana peel?" and said he didn't mean it in a racial way.. you have people saying that if he said it to a white person it wouldn't have any problems, but that's a dumb argument, it's like saying if the banana peel was thrown out on the ice at any of the other shooters nothing would have been said, it wasn't..

https://twitter.com/#!/OnFrozenPond/...71545146630144

Old
01-06-2012, 08:42 AM
neofury*

Honestly most black people I know or have met (mostly my generation mind you) would have laughed in your face if you would have made that comment. They wouldn't have even been offended they would have just -->

I mean really a banana peel? What's next he passes PK a grape soda? It's so lame honestly. What did he expect to incite from PK? I bet PK would have laughed.

Old
01-06-2012, 08:44 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whereabouts Unknown View Post
I dunno if it was mentioned all I seen were people wondering about what was said but Barch said "what happened, did you slip on a banana peel?" and said he didn't mean it in a racial way.. you have people saying that if he said it to a white person it wouldn't have any problems, but that's a dumb argument, it's like saying if the banana peel was thrown out on the ice at any of the other shooters nothing would have been said, it wasn't..

https://twitter.com/#!/OnFrozenPond/status/154971545146630144
That's as stupid as me saying "oh well if I called a white person the n word it's cool". So I'm at the dinner table in a fancy restaurant and I call my friend the N word, you think people won't be disgusted by my actions? Dumbest comments ever, it's only a bigot who would try to justify that by saying "well if PK was white it wouldn't have mattered". Well, is PK white? No.

Old
01-06-2012, 12:17 PM
Hemlor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
That's as stupid as me saying "oh well if I called a white person the n word it's cool". So I'm at the dinner table in a fancy restaurant and I call my friend the N word, you think people won't be disgusted by my actions? Dumbest comments ever, it's only a bigot who would try to justify that by saying "well if PK was white it wouldn't have mattered". Well, is PK white? No.
What sickens me is that he only got 1 game for those comments. It is a shocking decision in my mind. This league is a joke. But what is even worse is that nobody seems to care. Why do people want to sweep this stuff under the rug. Soccer gets a bad rap
for racism (and rightly so) but a Liverpool player was suspended for 9 matches for racist remarks, and it cause a bit of a s--- storm in England.

Didn't Avery get 5 or 6 games for the 'sloppy seconds' remark? Really? Wow.

Old
01-06-2012, 12:34 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
That's a bad analogy. If a crazy person yells 'n word' out loud directed at no one that's still regarded offensive. The same crazy person yells 'did you slip on a banana', it's not offensive but the person remains crazy.

Old
01-06-2012, 12:37 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Reporter: Yes ! Pk Subban. How do you feel about the 1 game suspension of Krys Barch ?

Subban: Who ?

Closed Thread