HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vancouver @ Boston: Who should start?

View Poll Results: Who should start Saturday?
Luongo 114 78.08%
Schneider 32 21.92%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2012, 03:09 AM
CallMeJerry

vCash: 500
Reading some of the Boston thread, I find it curious how so many of the Bruins fans are looking for "payback" against some of the Canucks.

Like having Rome suspended for a record # of games, having Daniel speed-bagged by Marchand, numerous dirty slashes to the back of Canucks legs, never mind WINNING THE CUP(!!!) wouldn't be enough to soften any sense that the Bruins need to right the wrongs that were done to them in the finals.

I guess listening to Jack Edwards (and maybe a little CBC) can really jack those guys up.

Old
01-06-2012, 03:12 AM
ProstheticConscience
Yes or no, Lester?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeJerry View Post
Reading some of the Boston thread, I find it curious how so many of the Bruins fans are looking for "payback" against some of the Canucks.

Like having Rome suspended for a record # of games, having Daniel speed-bagged by Marchand, numerous dirty slashes to the back of Canucks legs, never mind WINNING THE CUP(!!!) wouldn't be enough to soften any sense that the Bruins need to right the wrongs that were done to them in the finals.

I guess listening to Jack Edwards (and maybe a little CBC) can really jack those guys up.
Oh I know. It just kills me how Bruins fans get off acting like they're the ones who should be holding some sort of grudge. You'd never know they actually won if not for the avatars.

Old
01-06-2012, 03:18 AM
flack

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
video made by TheStanchion and I believe a poster on here "Kid Roll" i believe:

Absolute GOLD:

Part two:

Old
01-06-2012, 03:22 AM
Wellwood You

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
Oh I know. It just kills me how Bruins fans get off acting like they're the ones who should be holding some sort of grudge. You'd never know they actually won if not for the avatars.
Not just the fans. Players too, if you are to believe the Boston media. The TEAM 1040 has had a few Boston-area media types as guests in the past few days and every interview is the same. "Yeah, the Bruins were unhappy with how the SCF was played and will be looking for revenge. Burrows biting. Rome hit. Twins diving."

Old
01-06-2012, 03:24 AM
Crows*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellwood You View Post
Not just the fans. Players too, if you are to believe the Boston media. The TEAM 1040 has had a few Boston-area media types as guests in the past few days and every interview is the same. "Yeah, the Bruins were unhappy with how the SCF was played and will be looking for revenge. Burrows biting. Rome hit. Twins diving."

But fingering and water bottle throwing at fans is perfectly acceptable .

Old
01-06-2012, 03:27 AM
NuxFan09

Worst winners ever, the team and the fans (Boston). THEY won the Cup and THEY embarrassed the Canucks in every game in their building and THEY want revenge? Cry me a river, Boston. Cry me a freaking river.

Old
01-06-2012, 03:28 AM
ThereGoesVirtanen
Right through you.

Boston fans, for whatever reason, can't seem to stop bringing up problems they have with the series, the Canucks and/or their fans. Whether it be constant shots about the riots or about how the Sedins are pansies, they just can't let it go. Whatever happened to being humble in victory? The Canucks and their fans should be the ones holding all the grudges because they were the ones that got embarrassed in that series. Instead, our guys have been relatively quiet in terms of bitter soundbites, while they have idiots like Recchi talking **** to the media after winning it all.

It was so frustrating to see fans of every other team pile on hate towards our team. Nothing our players did was fair and every injustice was somehow justified. It was like a group of kids on a playground watching the huge bully beat the **** out of the richest kid in school. Everyone secretly hates that kid but never says anything until he's at his weakest. The worst part about the whole thing was that the media were the biggest offenders. How guys like Mike Milbury were even allowed anywhere near national television is something I'll never understand, especially when he was a longtime member of the Bruins who was supposed to be impartial. It's just not going to happen.

I doubt that the hate would have been extinguished had the Canucks actually come out on top in Game 7. If anything, it would have grown immensely. People would discredit the win and say things like "the Stanley Cup was tarnished" and "put an asterisk beside the win". I don't see how Bruins fans reminding everyone how good they have it is any different from how we acted last year. But just because they're the defending champs, they get a free pass. I am fully confident that if the Bruins had been the ones destroying the league last season and we had been merely great, our roles would almost certainly have been reversed. It's a total farce.

As far as the game Saturday goes, well...it's just another game and another two points that are there for the taking. Boston will be out for revenge (for whatever reason) all night long while I'm hoping that the Canucks look beyond the opponent and secure the win.

Old
01-06-2012, 03:37 AM
Crows*

I want the poweplay to click , Lu to play well and bieksa beat a bruins face in .

Old
01-06-2012, 03:45 AM
flack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crows View Post
I want the poweplay to click , Lu to play well and bieksa beat a bruins face in .
Bruins have a 90.7% penalty kill at home (if you don't include their slump its much higher), considering our struggles in pp during our recent few games I am not getting my hopes up that we will just light it up tomorrow.

Old
01-06-2012, 03:46 AM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
Luongo definitely qualifies as a hot goalie right now, his glove hand hasn't been this good since he first came to Vancouver.

Will definitely be exciting for sure.
Thomas will more than likely get the start despite Tuukka giving up only 1 goal in his last 5 starts. Thomas is as good this year as last year which helps. The Thomas vs Luongo rematch is a must imo.

I'm pretty excited about this game. Win or lose this one we won the Cup after losing the first 2 games, it still feels really really good. I just want to see a good game Saturday.

Old
01-06-2012, 03:50 AM
thepuckmonster
Global Moderator
Professional Winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
Thomas will more than likely get the start despite Tuukka giving up only 1 goal in his last 5 starts. Thomas is as good this year as last year which helps. The Thomas vs Luongo rematch is a must imo.

I'm pretty excited about this game. Win or lose this one we won the Cup after losing the first 2 games, it still feels really really good. I just want to see a good game Saturday.
Oh yeah, Thomas is the goalie to beat. Even if we lose, I'd like to see the boys get a couple past him just for confidence. But, it's likely gunna be a tight game now that the Canucks are fully healthy (aside from Booth, who wasn't there last year) and just two completely different styles of hockey. I know it's a stretch, but Bruins fans really should underestimate Lu this year. Despite a shaky start, he's been playing better than he ever has now. Looks like when he came here and brought a team to the playoffs that had no business being there. Hopefully no one gets hurt, no one likes to see that. We all like to pretend that we'd like to see someone get it in the face, but I really don't think any fan on either side can say they'd feel 'good' about a player getting hurt.

I love seeing the homeboy Lucic too, even though sometime he has his WTF moments.

Old
01-06-2012, 04:01 AM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
Oh yeah, Thomas is the goalie to beat. Even if we lose, I'd like to see the boys get a couple past him just for confidence. But, it's likely gunna be a tight game now that the Canucks are fully healthy (aside from Booth, who wasn't there last year) and just two completely different styles of hockey. I know it's a stretch, but Bruins fans really should underestimate Lu this year. Despite a shaky start, he's been playing better than he ever has now. Looks like when he came here and brought a team to the playoffs that had no business being there. Hopefully no one gets hurt, no one likes to see that. We all like to pretend that we'd like to see someone get it in the face, but I really don't think any fan on either side can say they'd feel 'good' about a player getting hurt.

I love seeing the homeboy Lucic too, even though sometime he has his WTF moments.

I don't think intelligent Bruins fans would think Luongo is easy. You always have moronic homer fans who blurt out things that are really wildly stupid. Luongo used to be in the East and I seem to remember our team outshooting Florida 54 to 23 and losing 2 to 1 or whatever. I even remember telling my brother that Luongo would win a Cup for someone someday because he is one of the best to ever play.

I think he will bring his A game Saturday and we'll see a good game.

Maybe of note for Nucks fans Brad Marchand missed tonight's game vs Calgary with the flu .... not sure if he will heal up and be able to have strength enough to play Saturday. If that matters to Canucks fans or not, thought I would mention it.

Thomas vs Dallas the other day as another side note gave up more than 3 goals for the first time this season, he wasn't sharp but had a great game vs NJ.

Thomas has given up 9 goals in 5 games one of which he gave up 4 goals.

Old
01-06-2012, 04:04 AM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

I just hope the game won't be garbage. 99% of the game broadcast should be hockey action, not a bunch of slashing, cross checking, diving. No whining/stupid remarks from whoever is calling the game is a plus.

Old
01-06-2012, 04:26 AM
canada1824

Send a message via Skype™ to canada1824
thank god i don't have to deal with Jack Edwards and NESN this time around. Being back in Vancouver has its perks

Old
01-06-2012, 04:28 AM
DennisReynolds
the implication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post

Good luck, may both teams come out with no injuries.

Old
01-06-2012, 06:52 AM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellwood You View Post
Pffft. Revenge for diving. Okay... and the Bruins are suddenly the arbiters of justice? All while completely ignoring what their own team did. It's like the words "hypocrisy" and "arrogance" don't even exist in their vocabulary. Pathetic.

Old
01-06-2012, 11:26 AM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
How about revenge for breaking Raymond's back???

01-06-2012, 12:03 PM
YogiCanucks

Powerplay went cold JUST at the right time.

Old
01-06-2012, 12:21 PM
canucksfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
How about revenge for breaking Raymond's back???
Good luck with that.

Old
01-06-2012, 01:01 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

As the GDT is now up, this thread is now moot.

Closed.

Closed Thread