HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

All things Anaheim Ducks - (Keep all proposals/speculation here)

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2012, 01:35 AM
Darlotto99

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DopeyFish View Post
Leafs clean up what, exactly?

Leafs get the best player... but they lose a great up and comer in Kadri... and lose schenn who has been ok. gunnarsson who has been downright spectacular and scrivens who has shown mounds of promise

There is no position the Leafs could be in for them to make a deal this dumb. Even John Ferguson Jr. would have vomited at the thought of it. Plus you're looking at 3 roster players. 2 of them are incredibly important right now due to injuries (JM Liles, Komisarek, potentially Phaneuf) So Leafs would be down 5 of their starting defense? For Getzlaf? Are you nuts?

Even injuries aside, it would be enough of an impact to the team that it wouldn't make any sense to do it for a cup run. We're already filling holes with scrubs.
um a player of Getzlaf status and skill does not become available very often if ever in the NHL these days i say Leafs trade what ever they can to get him and fill the d as best as they can thru other trades or marlie players. landing Getzlaf is a must for Burke

Old
01-06-2012, 01:43 AM
DopeyFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlotto99 View Post
um a player of Getzlaf status and skill does not become available very often if ever in the NHL these days i say Leafs trade what ever they can to get him and fill the d as best as they can thru other trades or marlie players. landing Getzlaf is a must for Burke
Just because they don't become available doesn't mean you should bet the barn and hope the cow produces milk.

Getzlaf is more of a setup man, right? What is the Leafs GF relative to the rest of the league? Pro-Tip... they're fifth overall.

What is the Leafs problems? PENALTY KILL and GA. (3rd worst overall) Purely defensive zone and systems problems.

Questions you ask yourself as a GM:

Will this fix the problems plaguing my team?
Answer is No.

Will this make my team better?
Answer is potentially yes, depending on other roster moves.

Will this make my team better if no other moves were considered?
Not even close.

How will getting a top line setup man while removing 2 critical pieces of their defense help the Leafs?

Old
01-06-2012, 01:43 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
To Toronto
R. Getzlaf
Columbus 2nd rd

To Anahime
J. Carter
L. Schenn
Leafs 1st over

To Columbus
N. Kadri
C. Gunnerson
B. Scrivens
Ducks 2nd rd

Leafs - Burkie needs a #1 Center and he loves Getzlaf and will go all out to get him

Ducks - they want proven NHL players and they get two good young players and give Carter a fresh start in Anahime

Columbus - the Blue Jackets have to rebuild and it's known Jeff Carter is not happy in Columbus.

I think Ducks/Leafs/Jackets make's sense to do a major trade

No. No no no no no no no. No. No. No. Nooooo. NO.

Jeff Carter is unhappy with team results, not with being a Blue Jacket. How many times do we have to repeat this and cite reports and statements and whatnot before people understand this? Or do people not want to understand it?

And even if we did want/need to get rid of him (which we do not) or if he actually wanted to leave (which he does not), that is absolutely g-dawful value coming back. We could do VASTLY better.

Quote:
plus Columbus clears cap space while getting a couple of young players.
Clears cap space? For real? Carter is one of our best value contracts w/r/t cap hit! If you want to do us a favor w/r/t cap space, take one of Brassard or Vermette.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
01-06-2012, 01:47 AM
Selanne138

Quote:
Just because they don't become available doesn't mean you should bet the barn and hope the cow produces milk.

Getzlaf is more of a setup man, right? What is the Leafs GF relative to the rest of the league? Pro-Tip... they're fifth overall.

What is the Leafs problems? PENALTY KILL and GA. (3rd worst overall) Purely defensive zone and systems problems.

Questions you ask yourself as a GM:

Will this fix the problems plaguing my team?
Answer is No.

Will this make my team better?
Answer is potentially yes, depending on other roster moves.

Will this make my team better if no other moves were considered?
Not even close.

How will getting a top line setup man while removing 2 critical pieces of their defense help the Leafs?

Yeah why would you trade a collection of marginal assets for someone who would instantly be your first line center and best player. I guess its fun in Leaf Land.

Old
01-06-2012, 02:01 AM
DopeyFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
Yeah why would you trade a collection of marginal assets for someone who would instantly be your first line center and best player. I guess its fun in Leaf Land.
Hey man brian burke just called me...

told me he was trading everyone for Ryan Getzlaf! That's right! EVERYONE FOR GETZLAF!

He'll be the best player on the team, for sure.... simply because he'll be the only player we have! Who needs other players? Even though if rated at points per game he'd be 7th on the roster! Even though the dude is colder than the average canadian winter at -19, he'll fix all our problems!

Ryan Getzlaf will do it all! He'll score! He'll 100% our PK! He'll even stop every shot!

HE'S A HOCKEY GOD

Old
01-06-2012, 02:05 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
I don't think he's claiming that it's overpayment or anything like that; just that the assets required to pick up Getzlaf are assets the Leafs can't or shouldn't give up. Which is a reasonable position IMO; it just means the Leafs shouldn't be trying to get Getzlaf.

Sadly, not every Leaf fan is going to agree with that analysis.

Old
01-06-2012, 02:10 AM
lebdafor norris
sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by luongoisdaman View Post
"End" of the VAN/ANA rumour:
I'm gonna take a guess and say that this source is as reliable as Eklund, no way is that too much for someone like Perry.

Old
01-06-2012, 02:11 AM
nowhereman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
Yeah, Flyers would pass on that.
And they would be out of their fricken' minds to do so. Giroux is having a very good year but I don't see him as being as any more than a perennial 80-90 point player. Getzlaf and Perry are both perennial 80-90 point players and bring a combination that is rare in the NHL (size and skill).

Philly would love to give up one franchise player and a third liner, in return for two franchise players.

Old
01-06-2012, 02:12 AM
KingJet*
Welcome Back

Selanne and Ryan for Macechek, Telegin, 2nd, Hainsey, Oduya and Fehr

Old
01-06-2012, 02:13 AM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I don't think he's claiming that it's overpayment or anything like that; just that the assets required to pick up Getzlaf are assets the Leafs can't or shouldn't give up. Which is a reasonable position IMO; it just means the Leafs shouldn't be trying to get Getzlaf.

After reading his last post, Im not sure if he knows what hes arguing lol. I guess some Leaf fans arent worth debating with. I see what you are saying, but he pretty much ignored any logic brought to this thread.

All of this is for naught anyways, seeing as Columbus wouldnt agree to that trade in a million years.

Old
01-06-2012, 02:14 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:

Well said.

In defense of Ducks fans, we're starting to get a little punchy with the barrage of terrible Leafs proposals in the last few days.

Old
01-06-2012, 02:14 AM
Sean Garrity
#51in15 eh?

Quote:
Hey man brian burke just called me...

told me he was trading everyone for Ryan Getzlaf! That's right! EVERYONE FOR GETZLAF!

He'll be the best player on the team, for sure.... simply because he'll be the only player we have! Who needs other players? Even though if rated at points per game he'd be 7th on the roster! Even though the dude is colder than the average canadian winter at -19, he'll fix all our problems!

Ryan Getzlaf will do it all! He'll score! He'll 100% our PK! He'll even stop every shot!

HE'S A HOCKEY GOD
He will be the best player on the team, and he will help the PK if Wilson decides to put him there.

Old
01-06-2012, 02:15 AM
DopeyFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
And they would be out of their fricken' minds to do so. Giroux is having a very good year but I don't see him as being as any more than a perennial 80-90 point player. Getzlaf and Perry are both perennial 80-90 point players and bring a combination that is rare in the NHL (size and skill).

Philly would love to give up one franchise player and a third liner, in return for two franchise players.
I'd pass if I were Philly simply because of salary

Giroux is a bargain right now and simmonds can be a 25-30G man in a year or two

Philly would have to trade more assets just to make it work

Quote:
After reading his last post, Im not sure if he knows what hes arguing lol. I guess some Leaf fans arent worth debating with. I see what you are saying, but he pretty much ignored any logic brought to this thread.

All of this is for naught anyways, seeing as Columbus wouldnt agree to that trade in a million years.
1) I was making a point that getzlaf would have to do so much more than he's capable of to make our team actually better

And 2) the trade would actually likely work out in Columbus' favor- kadri is a great but not quite ready offensive talent... Has insane passing skill. Gunnarsson is a very solid and steady defenseman which Columbus needs more of... And scrivens, while not ready just yet, certainly has the skill to become a starter just hasn't quite found the consistency at the NHL level... In his 8GP for the leafs... He still has the best GAA/SV% out of all the goalies despite the losing record (both our goalies were injured so he did better than expected)

Personally if all the players would perform as hoped in the theoretical trade scenario, Columbus would be the winner, then the ducks followed by leafs.

Last edited by DopeyFish: 01-06-2012 at 02:26 AM.
Old
01-06-2012, 02:16 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJet View Post
Selanne and Ryan for Macechek, Telegin, 2nd, Hainsey, Oduya and Fehr
We'll only move Selanne if he asks. He's retiring a Duck otherwise.

Old
01-06-2012, 02:18 AM
KingJet*
Welcome Back

Koivu for Heatley

Old
01-06-2012, 02:19 AM
NuxFan09

I have a question for Ducks fans:

How do you guys feel with the latest news that Bob Murray is open to dealing guys like Getzlaf and Perry, whether true or not? Are you so bummed about the team's performance so far this year that you're on board with that? Or are you really hoping that's false and want nothing to do with dealing two elite front line players that are pretty much the faces of your franchise?

I'm honestly really curious where Ducks fans are at with this whole thing. I know that for me, I wouldn't care how bad the Canucks are doing, I would never be able to stomach the thought of trading the Sedins to retool.

Old
01-06-2012, 02:19 AM
Luceni

Getzlaf, Ryan, Hiller, 3rd rounder

for

for Roy, Pomineville, Miller, Armia and a first round pick.

Old
01-06-2012, 02:20 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post

your assessment obviously is the be all end all, but just for fun...

i don't understand how you can say that Giroux, who is on pace to eclipse both perry and getzlaf's career seasons in terms of points, wont be "any more than a perennial 80-90 point player" but then go on to say than getzlaf and perry are both locks for 80-90 points, when each has only broken 90 points once and both are on pace this season for 64 points for perry and 53 points for getzlaf.

so no, philly would not love to do that.

not to mention the fact that Giroux is on arguably the best contract in the NHL.

Last edited by orange is better: 01-06-2012 at 02:27 AM.
Old
01-06-2012, 02:21 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Also, per a suggestion earlier in the thread...

(source: http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/darren_dreger/?id=384337)

Basically, Dreger feels we shouldn't expect anything anytime soon, if ever. Which makes sense to me.
Sounds like he's back peddling

Old
01-06-2012, 02:22 AM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuxFan09 View Post

How do you guys feel with the latest news that Bob Murray is open to dealing guys like Getzlaf and Perry, whether true or not? Are you so bummed about the team's performance so far this year that you're on board with that? Or are you really hoping that's false and want nothing to do with dealing two elite front line players that are pretty much the faces of your franchise?

I'm honestly really curious where Ducks fans are at with this whole thing. I know that for me, I wouldn't care how bad the Canucks are doing, I would never be able to stomach the thought of trading the Sedins to retool.
Most definitely the latter. I am very afraid that Murray will trade Getzlaf or Perry for an underpayment, and it sets the franchise back years. I can see how trading Ryan for a good package can help the team, but I cant see how moving Getzlaf and Perry would do so. I dont think you will find many Ducks fans, if any, that would support moving Getzlaf or Perry.

Old
01-06-2012, 02:24 AM
Unholy
waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuxFan09 View Post

I just think it's more of him putting it on the players now that they have had some time under Coach Boudreau. I don't think Murray is calling all the GMs every second to get rid of our key guys. He's hoping they will sooner or later come together like they should and get some wins to salvage the season a bit. Like any other GM he will pick up his phone and hear what is being offered. Doesn't mean it is good for the team and he will just do it.

01-06-2012, 02:25 AM
Girgenburger

i think the ducks would be stupid to trade perry. if i were to keep one of the three it'd be him. he's a one of a kind player. he just needs a new pivot.

to buf: getzlaf

to ana: roy, stafford, armia

Old
01-06-2012, 02:26 AM
Selanne138

Quote:

1) I was making a point that getzlaf would have to do so much more than he's capable of to make our team actually better

And 2) the trade would actually likely work out in Columbus' favor- kadri is a great but not quite ready offensive talent... Has insane passing skill. Gunnarsson is a very solid and steady defenseman which Columbus needs more of... And scrivens, while not ready just yet, certainly has the skill to become a starter just hasn't quite found the consistency at the NHL level... In his 8GP for the leafs... He still has the best GAA/SV% out of all the goalies despite the losing record (both our goalies were injured so he did better than expected)

And Carter is a first line center, whom Columbus payed more to get than what they are getting back in this trade. Find one Columbus fan who would do that trade, Im guessing you will not be able to do so. You can pump up your assets all you want, or talk Getzlaf down all you want, but that doesnt make them better or worse than they actually are.

Old
01-06-2012, 02:34 AM
DopeyFish

Quote:
And Carter is a first line center, whom Columbus payed more to get than what they are getting back in this trade. Find one Columbus fan who would do that trade, Im guessing you will not be able to do so. You can pump up your assets all you want, or talk Getzlaf down all you want, but that doesnt make them better or worse than they actually are.
But Columbus isn't exactly setting the world on fire with their play.

When you take into consideration what a team has vs what a team needs, it would be a smart move to make. It's not like the Phaneuf trade, for example, where it was just dumb on Calgary's part.

Star players are nice to have to put you over the top but if you don't have a fully functioning 4 line team with 6 good defensemen, the ability for a star player to put the team over the top is severely diminished.

What the carter trade, and the subsequent coaching replacement has shown is that even though columbus has a couple great players, they lack depth or key players in specific positions to become a winning team.

Sort of like the ducks... Who has an amazing top 6 but an absolutely disgusting defense corps and bottom 6 which is dragging down the rest of the team. Offensive Depth is what wins games, defensive depth is what wins championships.

Old
01-06-2012, 02:47 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

As a Duck fan I despise the idea of dealing any of the big 3. Ive hated Murray with a passion for a while now, and have even caught crap from my fellow Duck fans in the past, but I just don't like his approach to our team.

Anyway IMO you don't trade any of the big 3 and you build around them. You get the necessary pieces needed and go for what's needed to build around them. Ive been begging for a 2nd line center to feature Ryan on the 2nd line with for years, and still nothing. Murray has too much faith in the aging Finns (Koivu and Selanne). Love them both, but we should be building the 2nd line around Ryan.

Closed Thread