HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread 4.0 - ***"Christian Thomas is the new Sauer+2nd" Edition***

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2012, 09:27 AM
Cliffy1814

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
Agree I don't think they would either. Maybe a 1st would get them to consider it but I really don't want to tinker with our defense. However, sauer does have a history with injuries and if another team is willing to gamble on him for a bobby Ryan type return id have a hard time saying no
When I watch this team play I see a dedicated group of backchecking forwards who get sticks in passing lanes and bodies in shooting lanes consistently. Guys like Sauer, Bickel, Woy, MDZ, even Stralman have come out of nowhere and all had varying levels of success in large part because we have such a strong group of defensive forwards.

For that reason, I would part with a Sauer , MDZ, etc. for the right deal.
I don't think you get close to Bobby Ryan with either of those two as the centerpiece of a deal though. You're looking AT McDonough plus picks/prospects to land Ryan, so I'd move on to plan B.

Old
01-06-2012, 09:29 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Still need another top forward, if there are any plans on going really deep...imo

Old
01-06-2012, 09:33 AM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Unless something falls into our lap, I would be very careful messing with the chemistry of this team. Bobby Ryan would probably only be available for an important piece already on the roster like Anisimov and Dubinsky, and a piece in the minors. I might be willing to part with Dubinsky, or Anisimov, but not both. One of them, a good prospect, and maybe a few picks? Does that seem like too little, too much? I'm not good with these trade proposals.

Patrick Sharp, if I'm not mistaken, is a FA this year. That is who I think we should target, thoughts?

Old
01-06-2012, 09:36 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Howson is screwed. No team, except maybe Toronto, is going to give him the value he gave up for Carter if he deals him away again. They really need to blow up that organization and start over from scratch. While it might be a stretch, I have to wonder if the stories of Filatov and Zherdev would have any impact on Yakupov's or Grigorekno's desire to play in Columbus.

Old
01-06-2012, 09:42 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
This. So many people are looking for blockbuster deals where we somehow get a superstar for next to nothing. That isn't Sather's MO at the trade deadline. If you are expecting anything more than an Antropov-type deal, you're going to be disappointed.
Why the generalization? Sather has made a certain type of move when we were a bubble team. We're no longer a bubble team. I'd think he's looking for the best deal to put us over the top. I'm positive he has his eye on Ryan, and Selanne, and Doan, and perhaps Iginla. Im also positive that he won't overpay for any of them, and if none of those pan out, he'll quickly shift focus to Whitney, Prospal, Ruutu.

Old
01-06-2012, 09:47 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Howson is screwed. No team, except maybe Toronto, is going to give him the value he gave up for Carter if he deals him away again. They really need to blow up that organization and start over from scratch. While it might be a stretch, I have to wonder if the stories of Filatov and Zherdev would have any impact on Yakupov's or Grigorekno's desire to play in Columbus.

The flipside is, does Columbus' experience with Filatov and Zherdev cause them to look from taking a Yakupov, and move down, adding some extra assets, and select one of the D-men, an area they need help at?

Old
01-06-2012, 09:51 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
The flipside is, does Columbus' experience with Filatov and Zherdev cause them to look from taking a Yakupov, and move down, adding some extra assets, and select one of the D-men, an area they need help at?
I hope not for their sake.

Old
01-06-2012, 09:51 AM
Cliffy1814

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheGr8 View Post
Unless something falls into our lap, I would be very careful messing with the chemistry of this team. Bobby Ryan would probably only be available for an important piece already on the roster like Anisimov and Dubinsky, and a piece in the minors. I might be willing to part with Dubinsky, or Anisimov, but not both. One of them, a good prospect, and maybe a few picks? Does that seem like too little, too much? I'm not good with these trade proposals.

Patrick Sharp, if I'm not mistaken, is a FA this year. That is who I think we should target, thoughts?
Sharp got a 5 year extension this past summer so he is off market.
Everyone has to realize that scoring is at such a premium now. A player like ryan, who is under contract at an affordable price, in the prime of his career, with his track record doesn't become available often. Anismov plus picks and prospects is not going to be close to getting it done which is why they should look elsewhere and let Burke trade the farm for him.

Old
01-06-2012, 09:55 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
I just don't know how they could pass up on a couple of dynamic offensive talents like those two. The likes of Murray, Dumba, and Trouba are all quality defensive prospects, but IMO, they're nowhere near the level of Yakupov and Grigorenko.

Old
01-06-2012, 10:05 AM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy1814 View Post
Sharp got a 5 year extension this past summer so he is off market.
Everyone has to realize that scoring is at such a premium now. A player like ryan, who is under contract at an affordable price, in the prime of his career, with his track record doesn't become available often. Anismov plus picks and prospects is not going to be close to getting it done which is why they should look elsewhere and let Burke trade the farm for him.
Crap..I did not realize that. Sorry, my bad!

Yes, I l know, and I agree. It's prolly a pipe dream at best.

Parise or bust!

Old
01-06-2012, 10:23 AM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Tony, you contradict yourself. Trading a core piece like Dubinsky or Anisimov would be messing big time with the chemistry of what is at worse the second best team in the NHL right now.

Sather's move here is for a rental unless there's a ridiculous deal (Martin St. Louis anyone?) to be made. And even at that, no core assets will be moved.

Shane Doan will only be available if the Coyote management has thrown in the towel on making the playoffs AND staying in Phoenix.

Old
01-06-2012, 10:36 AM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Tony, you contradict yourself. Trading a core piece like Dubinsky or Anisimov would be messing big time with the chemistry of what is at worse the second best team in the NHL right now.

Sather's move here is for a rental unless there's a ridiculous deal (Martin St. Louis anyone?) to be made. And even at that, no core assets will be moved.

Shane Doan will only be available if the Coyote management has thrown in the towel on making the playoffs AND staying in Phoenix.
Believe me, I know, and I DON'T want to do it. My only reason for trading Dubes for Ryan is because of the fact that Ryan is a bonfide 30 goal scorer, Dubi is not, and has struggled offensively this year. Right now, I would trade him before Anisimov. But believe me, I don't want to trade either, cause I think Dubi is going to wake up goal scoring wise.

Old
01-06-2012, 10:41 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

I think at this point messing around with team chemistry has to be a serious concern.

As much as I would love to see Ryan in blue...idk.

01-06-2012, 10:42 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:

I don't know, bobbop. I don't think the Rangers would balk at trading Dubinsky if a significant LW became available. They'd make the move for a player of Ryan's caliber.

As far as Doan is concerned, I'd like to see his team make the playoffs and stay in Phoenix. I just don't think the chances of either are very high. Do you see PHX beating out any of VAN, CHI, DET, SJ, STL, NSH, or LA for a playoff spot? It's going to be a very tight race, no doubt, but I can't see any of those 7 teams missing the second season. Doan would be the most sensible move the Rangers could make short of building a nice package around Dubi for Ryan.

I also wouldn't be so quick to label the Rangers the second best team in the league right now. VAN, CHI, and DET are all right up there with BOS and NYR.

Old
01-06-2012, 10:50 AM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
I don't know, bobbop. I don't think the Rangers would balk at trading Dubinsky if a significant LW became available. They'd make the move for a player of Ryan's caliber.

As far as Doan is concerned, I'd like to see his team make the playoffs and stay in Phoenix. I just don't think the chances of either are very high. Do you see PHX beating out any of VAN, CHI, DET, SJ, STL, NSH, or LA for a playoff spot? It's going to be a very tight race, no doubt, but I can't see any of those 7 teams missing the second season. Doan would be the most sensible move the Rangers could make short of building a nice package around Dubi for Ryan.

I also wouldn't be so quick to label the Rangers the second best team in the league right now. VAN, CHI, and DET are all right up there with BOS and NYR.
I don't think a Ryan for Dubinsky (with other pieces added) makes you a better team. A better fantasy team for sure but I have no idea what kind of kid Ryan is and how he would fit in, especially after these guys have gone through so much together. Dubinsky is a team leader. That's playing with fire. In my life, I've seen at least one team lose a Stanley Cup (1976 Flyers) because a trade broke up their locker room chemistry (Ed Van Impe for Gary Inness)

Sadly, I agree with you about the Coyotes plight. Keep in mind I have the most to lose here. What I wrote above is directly from the Coyotes organization -- if there is any hope of keeping the team here, Doan stays, playoffs or not. They are trying to sign him long term and would do so once ownership is resolved. He is not available as a classic rental.

And as for who is closest to Boston, we'll agree to disagree but I think the Rangers would beat any of the teams you have listed in a playoff series.

Old
01-06-2012, 11:01 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
I don't think a Ryan for Dubinsky (with other pieces added) makes you a better team. A better fantasy team for sure but I have no idea what kind of kid Ryan is and how he would fit in, especially after these guys have gone through so much together. Dubinsky is a team leader. That's playing with fire. In my life, I've seen at least one team lose a Stanley Cup (1976 Flyers) because a trade broke up their locker room chemistry (Ed Van Impe for Gary Inness)

Sadly, I agree with you about the Coyotes plight. Keep in mind I have the most to lose here. What I wrote above is directly from the Coyotes organization -- if there is any hope of keeping the team here, Doan stays, playoffs or not. They are trying to sign him long term and would do so once ownership is resolved. He is not available as a classic rental.

And as for who is closest to Boston, we'll agree to disagree but I think the Rangers would beat any of the teams you have listed in a playoff series.
Dubinsky may be a team leader, but this team is hardly short on leadership. What it needs more of is offensive talent, and Dubinsky is as inconsistent a player as the team has. I don't know what kind of kid Ryan is either, but something tells me it would be a challenge for anyone to come into a team with this coach, this captain, and this group and be a disruption or a distraction. What I do know is that on his best day, Dubinsky is no Ryan when it comes to goalscoring.

Would Doan sign an extension not knowing what city the team will be playing? I understand their desire to keep him, and I can even understand his desire to stay, but I guess he'll probably know something most of us don't about the team's future if he does stay.

I'm not saying I don't think the Rangers could beat any of those teams. They could. I just think any of those 3 could just as easily beat the Rangers, as well. I think any of those teams could win the Stanley Cup this season, especially if Detroit makes a move at the deadline to load up, which I think is a definite possibility.

Old
01-06-2012, 11:38 AM
blueshirtbolt

i wish we could bring in a guy like Ray Whitney. Maybe best to wait for him until summer though. i wouldn't even know where to start on who we could trade away for him

Old
01-06-2012, 12:17 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Does anyone have a list of what free agents are gonna be available this summer? I know Parise and Whitney are, but Parise is probably gonna resign with the Devils, and Whitney is old. So if we can hold off til the summer and not have to give up anything at the deadline, I'd like to do that.

As far as those West teams go, the only teams that really scare me are Detroit and Chicago. We have not beat Detroit in a regular season game in I don't know how long, and Chicago is just damn good. I could see us beating Vancouver and San Jose as I feel they are paper tigers.

Of course we would also have to beat Boston, just to get there (another scary team).

Old
01-06-2012, 12:19 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshirtbolt View Post
i wish we could bring in a guy like Ray Whitney. Maybe best to wait for him until summer though. i wouldn't even know where to start on who we could trade away for him
he's a UFA, rentals dont cost much more than a 2nd pick plus maybe something added.

We should all be ready for a 2nd and Zuccarello for a rental winger like Whitney or Rutuu..............That would be the smart deal. Brings in scoring and doesnt move a key piece

Old
01-06-2012, 12:26 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Does anyone have a list of what free agents are gonna be available this summer? I know Parise and Whitney are, but Parise is probably gonna resign with the Devils, and Whitney is old. So if we can hold off til the summer and not have to give up anything at the deadline, I'd like to do that.

As far as those West teams go, the only teams that really scare me are Detroit and Chicago. We have not beat Detroit in a regular season game in I don't know how long, and Chicago is just damn good. I could see us beating Vancouver and San Jose as I feel they are paper tigers.

Of course we would also have to beat Boston, just to get there (another scary team).
http://capgeek.com/free_agents.php

Old
01-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Whitney would be a slam dunk for this team, and with the way he has played it is not out of the question to try to bring him back for another year. Would allow us to have a good LW while withholding the financial capacity to re-sign our young players.

01-06-2012, 12:33 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:

If you're Sather and you can get Ryan for let's say, Dubi/Thomas/fillers/1st, you take it and run and don't look back. Dubinsky is a good piece here but he isn't irreplaceable. A guy like Ryan would provide another scoring threat this team needs. If the price is higher, which it will be, then I don't do it to break up any serious chemistry.

Old
01-06-2012, 12:51 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Thank you kind sir.

Obviously the name that jumps out first is Alexander Semin, who reeks of inconsistency, so no thanks.

Whitney or Doan may be our best options. Kinda sucks.

Old
01-06-2012, 12:55 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Thank you kind sir.

Obviously the name that jumps out first is Alexander Semin, who reeks of inconsistency, so no thanks.

Whitney or Doan may be our best options. Kinda sucks.
Yeah after Parise there isn't much there. Unless you look on D with Suter.

Old
01-06-2012, 01:00 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Yeah after Parise there isn't much there. Unless you look on D with Suter.
Yep, and the thought of Parise makes my mouth water, but I just don't think he is gonna jump ship for us the way Gomez and Holik did. Plus my wife might spontaneously combust if that we're to happen!

Closed Thread