HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Sabres Jerseys

Old
12-30-2011, 09:28 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

vCash: 500
Sabres Jerseys

Not sure if there is an all jersey talk type thread here. But I'm looking for a pre-slug jersey in white. (Either the 70's-95 whites or the 96-06/07 ones with the scary Buffalo/Bison.) I almost bought a Satan jersey in the red (the jersey with the 2 Sabres crossing in front saying "BUFFALO" on the bottom.) But can anyone help me out? Thanks

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 09:19 PM
BUCKSHOT
w00t !!

Send a message via Yahoo to BUCKSHOT
Ebay

BUCKSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 09:39 PM
omglolnub

If eBay, carefully check sellers and definitely don't buy from anyone that isn't from the U.S. or Canada. Lots of fakes abound. I know from searching for Hartford Whalers jerseys...

omglolnub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 10:11 PM
CaptPantalones

sabres store has the older whites

CaptPantalones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 06:06 AM
HiddenInLight

If you live in buffalo, Laux sports in the galleria/eastern hills mall sells the old jerseys.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 10:52 AM
fing0rz

What place has good looking (cheap) fakes?

fing0rz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 11:37 AM
HiddenInLight

The internets

Old
12-31-2011, 01:39 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
If you live in buffalo, Laux sports in the galleria/eastern hills mall sells the old jerseys.
I thought of there. Problem is I live in NJ and I won't be moved to WNY for another good month or 2. Ebay's usually hit or miss

Old
12-31-2011, 06:31 PM
Sean McG
Grigorenkensons

Quote:
Originally Posted by fing0rz View Post
Nowhere, really. The Chinese sites do a laughably bad job with the Sabres jerseys, they all have the wrong colours, or the stripes are just completely the wrong size. On a lot of the away ones they'll have the silver piping go all the way to the back of the jersey for some reason.. I've even seen some that say "Leind" instead of Leino because the capital D and O look kind of similar.

The worst part is a lot of people actually wear ones like them to the games.

Sean McG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 07:08 PM
DJN21

Quote:
Originally Posted by fing0rz View Post
nhlnfl.com

have had mixed luck with them, my first experience the vanek name plate was sewn on upside down...the 30 or so ive done since have been great...all come with fight straps as well....32 bucks a pop not too shabby

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 09:35 AM
Yankwood

$32 sounds awfully cheap...Are they noticeably inferior?

Yankwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 12:05 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
nhlnfl.com

have had mixed luck with them, my first experience the vanek name plate was sewn on upside down...the 30 or so ive done since have been great...all come with fight straps as well....32 bucks a pop not too shabby
A place called jerseydot.com is the same way. Dunno if i trust them though they look shady. Anyone know anything about that site?

Old
01-01-2012, 10:22 PM
DJN21

It all depends on what kinda fan you are etc.

I think for 32 bucks the quality is great, its still stitched on...fight straps decent selection(last i had seen around 25 choices for sabres) and custom options for 80.

I know someone above commented on the size of stripes etc so if you're that into jerseys and nit-picky(no offense to those who are at all) then it may not be for you, however if your lookin for a good loungin/bar jersey to drink a few brews in and support your team it'll be just fine using that site.

Again its not perfect, I got my mom a Winter Classic jersey for Xmas and the color was more of an off-white than the real jersey colors but she was still in love with it so it worked out lol.

Also to go back to my story of my vanek jersey coming with the name plate sewn on upside down with alittle bit of arguing via email for myself I got them to send me another one free of charge and they let me keep the upside down vanek which I therein took to a tailor and for 10 bucks got that fixed lol so 2 vaneks for 42+shipping....

Old
01-02-2012, 03:11 PM
eSabre

Send a message via AIM to eSabre
Quote:

I think for 32 bucks the quality is great, its still stitched on...fight straps decent selection(last i had seen around 25 choices for sabres) and custom options for 80.

I know someone above commented on the size of stripes etc so if you're that into jerseys and nit-picky(no offense to those who are at all) then it may not be for you, however if your lookin for a good loungin/bar jersey to drink a few brews in and support your team it'll be just fine using that site.
Funny that you claim it's a way to support your team by purchasing illegal goods that in no way support the team when the franchise and every other franchise depend on revenue from the sales of legitmate jerseys.

eSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 03:52 PM
Yankwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by eSabre View Post
Funny that you claim it's a way to support your team by purchasing illegal goods that in no way support the team when the franchise and every other franchise depend on revenue from the sales of legitmate jerseys.
Seriously? They DEPEND on that? Paying 150 bucks a game ain't enough? I gotta take it up the behind for 200 more for a jersey?

Yankwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 04:27 PM
Vito_81

I've been searching high and low on ebay for the ultra elusive black AGH Gilmour jersey. One day... One day!

Vito_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 04:50 PM
LGB24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankwood View Post
Seriously? They DEPEND on that? Paying 150 bucks a game ain't enough? I gotta take it up the behind for 200 more for a jersey?
150 bucks a game? where are you sitting?

Bottom line is all chinese fakes are very noticeable, and frankly look ridiculous. They're 40 bucks for a reason. The stitching is messy and loose, and when you wash them they shrink and make the stitching and colours even more off. The fonts are always wrong too, not sure why you guys even want a fight strap on your jersey.

LGB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 02:31 PM
minuteater
does not cohmpeet

It is amazing how many fans wear fakes to a game. Out alone without legitimate ones to compare against they might not look that bad but man next to the real thing, they stick out pretty bad. Proportions, color, font, cut, etc..

Yeah, I wouldn't feel like I'm supporting the team in a fake but I can see the draw, especially for casual "fans" and not wanting to spend a fortune on a legitimate childrens' jersey.

minuteater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 02:53 PM
DixonWard15

The fake jerseys remind of uniform inspection days in the Marine Corps. Guys would try to save a few bucks by buying uniform items from non-approved sources and they could generally get away with it until inspection day. Once they stood in a platoon of 30-40 Marines, it was easy to tell that their pants weren't the right green or that their dress blue jacket wasn't stitched properly.

Fake jerseys are the same way, sure they look okay by themselves but if you go to a game they are so easy to spot out.

DixonWard15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 08:33 PM
DJN21

Quote:
Originally Posted by eSabre View Post
Yeah somehow watching every single game, going to a few games of year that require me to drive an hour and pay ridiculous gas prices, going to amerks game, buying 8 dollar drinks and being a tremendous fan is trumped by the fact that Im a 23 year old guy paying college loans and all the other bills everyone else here has too and I cant afford to pay 200 for a jersey too...? Not sure how the inability to afford expensive jerseys makes me less of a fan. Perhaps pegula throwing cash at everything that moves has rubbed off on you the wrong way....

Old
01-05-2012, 06:13 PM
G Wolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPantalones View Post
sabres store has the older whites
Yea, we only sell the original white set jerseys. We have a few made up with names like Hawerchuk, LaFontaine, Martin, Perreault.

Someone actually asked me a few weeks ago if we had any goathead jerseys available.

G Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 08:49 AM
HiddenInLight

My Jersey is real, go it for Christmas a few years back, but my parents got it from nhl.com.... my girlfriends is also real....but i wouldn't be against buying a fake. I simply don't have the money to shell out 200 bucks for a Jersey, and i think just wearing the Jersey, real or fake, shows that you support the team. They don't need our Jersey money if they are selling tickets.

Old
01-06-2012, 09:11 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Send a message via Yahoo to Jame
I still need to get one of the new 3rd jerseys... tough decision though.
Myers, Gerbe, Kassian, or McNabb
?

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 11:10 AM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito_81 View Post
I've been searching high and low on ebay for the ultra elusive black AGH Gilmour jersey. One day... One day!
I have a black goat head jersey. It is blank on the back so you can add whatever player your heart desires. I've been wanting to sell it for a few years now. I barely wore it when I first got it, and I haven't worn it in several years.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 02:24 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:

Again its not perfect, I got my mom a Winter Classic jersey for Xmas and the color was more of an off-white than the real jersey colors but she was still in love with it so it worked out lol.

Also to go back to my story of my vanek jersey coming with the name plate sewn on upside down with alittle bit of arguing via email for myself I got them to send me another one free of charge and they let me keep the upside down vanek which I therein took to a tailor and for 10 bucks got that fixed lol so 2 vaneks for 42+shipping....
I'm quite the fan of both Buffalo and NY. (NY more though, still.) I bought what looks to be an authentic Kaleta jersey. I'll post pics but the description said the guy bought it blank from NHL.com and had someone he knew sew the name and numbers on. Everything's stitched in but the numbers seem strange; They look like the ones on the 2009/2010 alternates (When they first revived the original logo with modifications.) The numbers look bigger than they are on the home ones this year and last year.

They look...off to me