HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Winter Classic altercation (December 2012: fan sentenced to house arrest)

Old
01-06-2012, 12:12 PM
camaro27

vCash: 500
There is no way in hell the flyer fans just started punching the rangers fans. Something had to be said. If the ranger fan was not a cop this would not be a big issue. I for one can't stand cops ans feel no remorse for the cop. I bet he was talking **** and the flyer fans shut him up big time. I can not wait until the truth comes out so we can see what really happen. I will bet you the ranger fan played a big part in getting is ass kicked

camaro27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 12:19 PM
eaglesfan

Quote:
I was walking toward the line for Geno’s, and these guys in Flyers jerseys bribed a black dude, who might be a window cleaner for cars and such, to spray his cleaner at [the Rangers fans who were in line at Geno’s]. I got some sprayed on me, but I walked away from the black dude. Then he went back across the street to [the Flyers fans], and they were just cracking up so hard. So the Rangers fans started yapping at them, so all verbal out there. [Lou says he can read lips, and that his cousin confirmed it was mostly “Rangers suck,” from one side, and “Rangers are number one,” from the other...]

Then the Flyers fans went after them, which I started filming, as you could see in the video. Then after that the video ended. And after two minutes, that dude who got knocked out got up and needed some medical help, so he got a lot of ice from Geno’s to put on his face. One of the guys in the Flyers jerseys [the one seen in the video trying to break up the fight] offered [the Rangers fans] a couple of steaks. They walked away.

That was it. In that line there was like 3-1 Rangers fans, they all stood there and watched, didn’t even move to help or to call cops. Only one Flyers fan tried to break it up.

The Rangers fans [initially] said something that offended [the Flyers fans], which made [the Flyers fans] come to them, but that little dude [the guy who eventually got knocked out] tried to tell them to stop, don’t start, but the Flyers guy just ignored him and took his jacket off and punched his face. So the Flyers guy went too far.
Quote:
The Flyers guys were hanging out at the bar, across from Geno’s, so police should go there and ask for some info, like if he used his credit card at that bar [editor’s note: most likely South Philly Bar & Grill], or anything that can get his name. I’ll remember what they look like [if] I see them.

It’s crazy out there with people [blaming me] and all. I just said that I taped it. I was like wow.
Quote:
The video which I took is just way too popular, and I made a mistake to post it on YouTube. Someone copied it and let the news know about it. I thought it was nothing big until I heard this guy was a vet, which made it big. Oh well, I’ll learn next time.

You can post what I’ve told you, and maybe that might help a little to catch those guys.

Crossing Broad

eaglesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 12:36 PM
MrHockey1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan View Post

That's awesome man. Huge breakthrough. And it really shows that this is just a couple of clowns causing problems while most other people tried to stop it and help the victims out.

MrHockey1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 03:34 PM
30Rinks
Go To A Leafs Game @

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro27 View Post
There is no way in hell the flyer fans just started punching the rangers fans. Something had to be said. If the ranger fan was not a cop this would not be a big issue. I for one can't stand cops ans feel no remorse for the cop. I bet he was talking **** and the flyer fans shut him up big time. I can not wait until the truth comes out so we can see what really happen. I will bet you the ranger fan played a big part in getting is ass kicked
With that attitude I honestly hope you never come to the ACC for a game

The biggest mark of maturity you can have is to not let things escalate - everyone makes decisions and the flyers fans decided to escalate it past verbal to assault (both with the cleaner and the punches). The fact that you don't feel remorse for someone solely because they are a police officer tells a lot - this is a human who was at a game with his son, trying to get a cheese steak at a tourist place.

30Rinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 03:55 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
These dorks in the slammer yet, or what?

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 04:39 PM
RespectTheCouts
Couts=0 offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskramer83 View Post
This right here is exactly what is wrong with Philly, and shows the Philly mindset. While it sounds like your a pretty straight up individual, the only reason it is a stupid idea to wear an opposing jersey at one of the more famous food spots in Philly, is the risk of getting beat up.

When is the last time you heard of someone getting beat up at Shake Shack in nyc for wearing a Flyer Jersey? There should be no fear of this
Haha really guy? Thank you for pointing this out to all of us here I think we'll all just stop rooting for the Flyers now because of the Philly mindset it's a respect thing I would never wear a jersey, hat, shirt, or anything of my team in an opposing town after my team handled the home town team, **** is just dumb and you can completely avoid a stupid situation, now what these *******s did to the fans with the Rangers jersey's on is complete ***** ****, I still hold true to not wearing my teams colors after they beat the home team, and you're going to tell us all here that just because it hasn't been covered on the news that a Rnagers fan hasn't gone after other teams fans ever, oh that's right only Philly fans do this I'm guessing, look every fanbase has idiots some more than others but to generalize a comment about the Philly mindset is jerked off, which brings me to the most important point all this time we are on these boards responding to each others posts about who's worse, and who's fanbase is bigger d-bags, and how this never happens here, we could be helping out the victims family with words of encouragement and trying to take steps to stop this dumb **** from happening, I have no beef with Rangers fans, Bruins fans, Devilas fans Cap fans, it's the best sport in the world to me, we all as a fanbase already have ESPN and the rest of the sports world against us, we really don't need to be fighting amounst ourselves as hockey fans

Last edited by RespectTheCouts: 01-06-2012 at 04:53 PM.
RespectTheCouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 05:25 PM
Mkoll
Inkvisiittori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
I will argue that point with you until the cows come in. I have sat in the 700 section at the vet and have seen grown men in section jackets beat up young men for wearing the wrong team colors. I have been on many trips to other cites to watch the eagles play. Dallas seven times alone and have never seen such violence as I witnessed in Philly. You might get your balls broke in Dallas. But you do not have to fear for your life. I stopped taking my wife to games here when we witnessed the brutal attacks on men and women trying to go to a game at the Vet when the strike was on years back. Do your remember that?
you can argue it all you want. it does not change my experience.

What this should tell people though, is personal experience is not proof enough to condemn an entire area. Judge people one at a time, not as a group.

Mkoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 05:59 PM
GirouxGiroux
Visioneer

vCash: 0
Quote:
People who need to throw when someone talks **** are idiots. If someone's talking ****, you talk **** back and/or let it go. Fighting at the drop of a hat doesn't make you tough, it makes you a moron and you deserve to be locked up for it.

GirouxGiroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 06:10 PM
GirouxGiroux
Visioneer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Rinks View Post
Agreed, and I usually aim for lowers anyway, but the most crap is going in and especially going out if the home team wins - I'd assume that stuff like this rarely happens in the arena though, does it?
The general consensus around North America seems to be that Philly fans are all thugs and every home game is the American version of Green Street Hooligans. It's just not true. Sure, you should absolutely expect to take a ribbing. But the idea that there are fans fighting at every game is ridiculous.

If you don't want a fight, you won't get one. Simple as that.

Old
01-06-2012, 06:32 PM
Clyde Donovan

Am I the only one who heard the Rangers fan call the Flyers fan a ******* before it got physical. Calling a complete stranger a ******* is probably not going to end well.

Clyde Donovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 07:22 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

First two pages of talk was a waste.... regardless of what people think about fan/cultures/right vs wrong/ city size.

These d bags need to be found and dealt with. It is disgusting to know that this happened.

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 07:41 PM
JSTAFF

I haven't logged on to this site in forever but naturally I have to put in my opinion.

#1- We can all agree this is a horrible thing to happen to anyone, I do not care that it was a cop or a veteran. The same would go for anyone that this happened too, the fact that it was a cop and a veteran is why it is such big news.

#2- Who the **** goes to GENO's in a RANGERS jersey after your team just had a huge victory in the Winter Classic? Simple common sense tells you not to wear the opposing teams colors, minutes after a huge victory, to a local spot filled with all drunk people that just had their hearts broken.

Perfect example of being oblivious to the world we live in. Not saying it's the Rangers fans fault at all but they had to know something like this could have happened.

The end.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 09:09 PM
hof2120

Quote:
If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

hof2120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 09:28 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
I haven't logged on to this site in forever but naturally I have to put in my opinion.

#1- We can all agree this is a horrible thing to happen to anyone, I do not care that it was a cop or a veteran. The same would go for anyone that this happened too, the fact that it was a cop and a veteran is why it is such big news.

#2- Who the **** goes to GENO's in a RANGERS jersey after your team just had a huge victory in the Winter Classic? Simple common sense tells you not to wear the opposing teams colors, minutes after a huge victory, to a local spot filled with all drunk people that just had their hearts broken.

Perfect example of being oblivious to the world we live in. Not saying it's the Rangers fans fault at all but they had to know something like this could have happened.

The end.
It's truly a shame that one cannot wear an opposing team's jersey when going to a restaurant after a game.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 09:42 PM
Mkoll
Inkvisiittori

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
It's truly a shame that one cannot wear an opposing team's jersey when going to a restaurant after a game.
in much the same way its truly a shame one can not go into Iran with an American flag cloak wrapped around them.

some places just dont appreciate a rivalry

Old
01-06-2012, 09:56 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkoll View Post
in much the same way its truly a shame one can not go into Iran with an American flag cloak wrapped around them.

some places just dont appreciate a rivalry
I hope you are being sarcastic here as the two things aren't even close in comparison.

If, by chance you are being serious, then you are the epitome of why philadelphia fans have such a bad reputation.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 12:51 AM
hof2120

In the words of Meek Mill: "Rollin' down in Philly, this the new Iraq"

hof2120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 07:54 AM
Mkoll
Inkvisiittori

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
I hope you are being sarcastic here as the two things aren't even close in comparison.

If, by chance you are being serious, then you are the epitome of why philadelphia fans have such a bad reputation.
yes, it was sarcasm. Hence the smiley

But it does sort of prove a point, you just dont go to certain geographic locations to cause trouble, if you know you arent welcome. Unless you go under the radar (no jersey).

When I lived in Dallas and wore an Eagles jersey, I was threatened several times in certain places. I avoided them later on.

Old
01-07-2012, 08:49 AM
GirouxGiroux
Visioneer

Going to Geno's is more like going to a local bar than going to a restaurant. And I don't think anyone would think going to a local bar would be a smart move.

But like I already said, the guys in Flyers jerseys are idiots and deserve to be locked up.

Old
01-07-2012, 09:40 AM
BringBackStevens

The first sign that these guys are d-bags is that they are at geno's

BringBackStevens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 09:46 AM
phillyfanatic

As a HUGE Flyers fan who grew up watching the Flyers, reading everything about them.....I can honestly say I was nervous to go to Philly wearing a Flyers jersey. When I got there, it was just another city and most people I met were very nice to a couple of guys from Ottawa.

I am with most here. If you run into the wrong group of people after they had a few too many drinks - you might get knocked out for no good reason. In this case, it was Flyers fans on Ranger fans. But, I promise you those same three guys have beat up their fair share of Flyer fans over the course of time. That is who they likely are; tough guys, starting fights, idiots. When the violence is related to the jersey it is a big deal - but take it for what it was. Drunk idiots fighting.

Drunk idiots fighting is not a Philly thing. It is NOT a sports thing. It is not an American thing. Happens everywhere alcohol is served. Doesn't make it OK; I feel terrible for the Rangers fan, but - it is not a Flyers fan thing.

phillyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 07:41 PM
AaronTrieu

Philly fans were the first ones to call for these clowns heads. We really need to start policing these things ourselves.

AaronTrieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 08:58 AM
GirouxGiroux
Visioneer

http://www.thepensblog.com/tpb/jan20...g-unglued.html

Cue everyone generalizing about Pittsburgh fans being thugs?

Old
01-08-2012, 09:48 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Your post count is probably your age. American education system ftw.

I can't believe some people. You can't wear opposition jerseys anywhere? what are you? football(soccer) fans. That's just downright sad.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 09:52 AM
kammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackStevens View Post
The first sign that these guys are d-bags is that they are at geno's

death penalty !!!!

kammy is offline   Reply With Quote