HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brayden Schenn (Carolina)

Old
01-06-2012, 03:12 AM
SeanVT395
It's Not Even Close

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post
Schenn, Bryz, Carle, a 1st and a 3rd for Skinner and Ward.

I'm so bad at these.
Done in a ****ing heartbeat!

SeanVT395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 09:15 AM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanVT395 View Post
Step away from the PlayStation.....

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 12:02 PM
Ironmanrulez
Rookie Mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanVT395 View Post

[sarcastic mode on] Donīt you understand that Schenn will be the next Gretzky? He is worth more than Skinner and Ward together. He showed it in his whole career and all the experts are high on him. That shows the truth. And Flyers fans can look in the future and are 100 sure that he will be a super star in this league...[sarcastic mode off]

Iīve never said, that he hasnīt potential, and that he canīt develop in a really good player. So stop putting words in my mouth!! I only want to use someone to get rid of a horrible Homer deal. Its the way the Cap World goes. Imagine the Gagne deal (only because of Homers contracts, or the Carcillo deal etc...)
I donīt like to get rid of Schenn, but i hate to have Bryz... So i take the chance to get rid Bryz. Simple as that!

That we need another star winger who is young after Jagr retires isnīt in anyones mind? So they will keep Schenn and Couturier and Giroux.... Thats really clever. Congratulations Fans!

Last edited by Ironmanrulez: 01-06-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Ironmanrulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 12:20 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmanrulez View Post
That we need another star winger who is young after Jagr retires isnīt in anyones mind? So they will keep Schenn and Couturier and Giroux.... Thats really clever. Congratulations Fans!
James vanRiemsdyk (23) - pacing for 55 points
Matt Read (25) - pacing for 54 points
Jakub Voracek (23) - pacing for 52 points
Wayne Simmonds (23) - pacing for 39 points

OMG! We need a star winger or we will all DIE!!!!!!!

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 12:55 PM
Ironmanrulez
Rookie Mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
James vanRiemsdyk (23) - pacing for 55 points
Matt Read (25) - pacing for 54 points
Jakub Voracek (23) - pacing for 52 points
Wayne Simmonds (23) - pacing for 39 points

OMG! We need a star winger or we will all DIE!!!!!!!

^^ I donīt say we havenīt really good wingers...

But we have Giroux, Schenn and Couturier and Talbot and Briere. What the hell should we do with these 5 Centers?? We could really use a Skinner type of player!

Old
01-06-2012, 12:58 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:

But we have Giroux, Schenn and Couturier and Talbot and Briere. What the hell should we do with these 5 Centers?? We could really use a Skinner type of player!
Briere should be a winger...right now.

Old
01-06-2012, 01:06 PM
mirimon

Quote:

Throw Bričre off to the wing where he won't do as much damage defensively? Talbot has probably played more wing than center in his NHL career... Don't forget Read, he could fill in as center as well.

Look, having options is a good thing. I can't be bothered to look it up, but I bet you that most, if not all, teams have more than four guys who are "natural" centers, or at least has played center a lot in their career.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 01:07 PM
Ironmanrulez
Rookie Mistake

Quote:
Briere should be a winger...right now.
But it seems that Lavi isnīt high on this idea. Or why do we see the bad defensive Briere playing Center although Couturier plays so good the whole season?

Why donīt move Couts up on 3rd line and play Briere on second line wing. And Schenn as the 2nd line center?!

Old
01-06-2012, 01:07 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
[sarcastic mode on] Donīt you understand that Schenn will be the next Gretzky? He is worth more than Skinner and Ward together. He showed it in his whole career and all the experts are high on him. That shows the truth. And Flyers fans can look in the future and are 100 sure that he will be a super star in this league...[sarcastic mode off]

Iīve never said, that he hasnīt potential, and that he canīt develop in a really good player. So stop putting words in my mouth!! I only want to use someone to get rid of a horrible Homer deal. Its the way the Cap World goes. Imagine the Gagne deal (only because of Homers contracts, or the Carcillo deal etc...)
I donīt like to get rid of Schenn, but i hate to have Bryz... So i take the chance to get rid Bryz. Simple as that!
Since Holmgren made the "stupid deal" that you speak of with Bryzgalov, do you really think he's going to be trading him away just to get rid of the contract 4 MONTHS INTO IT?!?!?!? Does it sound like Holmgren to admit he made a mistake and trade Schenn just to get rid of that mistake?

It'd be like trading Richards for Ward... boy, that sure is a good deal for the Flyers.

You wanted us to trade Bryz + Schenn + 1st for Ward + Pitkanen.

So in other words, you want to trade Bryzgalov's 5.67M cap hit till the end of 2018 (when Bryz will retire) for Ward's 6.3M cap hit till the end of 2016. Well... that really does a lot to help our cap situation, doesn't it? Add an extra 600K to our cap and trade away Schenn + 1st just to shave 2 years off of a contract.

God our fans can be stupid...

EDIT: And if you don't understand what I mean about Bryz retiring, go look @ the structure of his deal on capgeek: http://capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=1141

He's due to make 5.5M in 17-18, 2.25M in 18-19, and 1.25M in 19-20.
If he is still playing well in 2018, then great, he will hopefully play out the contract. If he stinks though and he's relegated to the bench, he will retire to be with his family and then he won't be on our cap.

Also, if you really think his contract is terrible, there's likely going to be a buyout clause in the new CBA, allowing for a one-time buyout of a player that will take him totally off of your team's cap.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 01:10 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
But it seems that Lavi isnīt high on this idea. Or why do we see the bad defensive Briere playing Center although Couturier plays so good the whole season?

Why donīt move Couts up on 3rd line and play Briere on second line wing. And Schenn as the 2nd line center?!
Haha, that's what what I've been saying!

Old
01-06-2012, 01:11 PM
Ironmanrulez
Rookie Mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
Throw Bričre off to the wing where he won't do as much damage defensively? Talbot has probably played more wing than center in his NHL career... Don't forget Read, he could fill in as center as well.

Look, having options is a good thing. I can't be bothered to look it up, but I bet you that most, if not all, teams have more than four guys who are "natural" centers, or at least has played center a lot in their career.
Yes but 3 players with star potential at center (G, Schenn, Couts) you will have problems. Why donīt use one of them (Schenn or Couts) as a trade piece to acquire a really good #1 D man. Or to acquire a real #1 Goalie??ß

Talbot is a really good 3rd line center and solid 4th line center growing on trees. So there is no reason to have all three of Couts, G, Schenn...

Old
01-06-2012, 01:17 PM
Tuna99

What's with Brayden Schenn? Does he suck?
L.A. gives up on him and although Philly is stacked at forward you'd figure he'd be playing more then 10 games and only 10 minutes a game.

Tuna99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 01:17 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Yes but 3 players with star potential at center (G, Schenn, Couts) you will have problems. Why donīt use one of them (Schenn or Couts) as a trade piece to acquire a really good #1 D man.
Because we have solid pieces on the blueline anyway. We could just draft a bluechip in the upcoming draft class that has a lot of bluechip defensemen and sign/trade for a decent top 4 guy to compliment what we have now in the meantime.

There's no need to blow assets right now, particularly when teams are built down the middle.

In two years we could potentially be the strongest team at center in the NHL. That's a pretty big freaking deal to be honest.

Quote:
Or to acquire a real #1 Goalie??ß
Sheiße dude. More goalies? We just went through this.

Quote:
Talbot is a really good 3rd line center and solid 4th line center growing on trees. So there is no reason to have all three of Couts, G, Schenn...
There is a great reason. We're not just in it to be an average team. We want the best team.

Old
01-06-2012, 01:18 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna99 View Post
What's with Brayden Schenn? Does he suck?
L.A. gives up on him and although Philly is stacked at forward you'd figure he'd be playing more then 10 games and only 10 minutes a game.
Broken foot (I thinnk? I kinda forget, there's been a lot of injuries this year) followed by concussion has kept him out of the lineup. He's only just getting back.

01-06-2012, 01:20 PM
Ironmanrulez
Rookie Mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
Since Holmgren made the "stupid deal" that you speak of with Bryzgalov, do you really think he's going to be trading him away just to get rid of the contract 4 MONTHS INTO IT?!?!?!? Does it sound like Holmgren to admit he made a mistake and trade Schenn just to get rid of that mistake?

It'd be like trading Richards for Ward... boy, that sure is a good deal for the Flyers.

You wanted us to trade Bryz + Schenn + 1st for Ward + Pitkanen.

So in other words, you want to trade Bryzgalov's 5.67M cap hit till the end of 2018 (when Bryz will retire) for Ward's 6.3M cap hit till the end of 2016. Well... that really does a lot to help our cap situation, doesn't it? Add an extra 600K to our cap and trade away Schenn + 1st just to shave 2 years off of a contract.

God our fans can be stupid...

EDIT: And if you don't understand what I mean about Bryz retiring, go look @ the structure of his deal on capgeek: http://capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=1141

He's due to make 5.5M in 17-18, 2.25M in 18-19, and 1.25M in 19-20.
If he is still playing well in 2018, then great, he will hopefully play out the contract. If he stinks though and he's relegated to the bench, he will retire to be with his family and then he won't be on our cap.

Also, if you really think his contract is terrible, there's likely going to be a buyout clause in the new CBA, allowing for a one-time buyout of a player that will take him totally off of your team's cap.

How old are you?

1. Do i ever say, that i believe Homer will ever do it??
2. Ward over Bryz any day of the week
3. Wards Contract over Bryz contract any day of the week
4. Bryz contract will stay at 5,666,667. No one cares a **** about the real numbers he earns
5. After Wards Contract he will be 32!!! Bryz 39!!!
6. Ward had won a CUP!!
7. Ward had won a CUP with LAVIOLETTE

OMG i better stop myself now......

Quote:
Haha, that's what what I've been saying!

I know ;D and im with you

Old
01-06-2012, 01:23 PM
mirimon

Quote:
Yes but 3 players with star potential at center (G, Schenn, Couts) you will have problems. Why donīt use one of them (Schenn or Couts) as a trade piece to acquire a really good #1 D man. Or to acquire a real #1 Goalie??ß

Only Giroux is a star right now though. Couturier and Schenn might turn into star players in a few years. By then, Bričre will be on his last legs.

Having three really, really good centers should never be a problem.

Old
01-06-2012, 01:26 PM
Ironmanrulez
Rookie Mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
Only Giroux is a star right now though. Couturier and Schenn might turn into star players in a few years. By then, Bričre will be on his last legs.

Having three really, really good centers should never be a problem.
look at Pit. They have a money problem with their 3 star centers.

I know we have time. And maybe we can wait till we must move one of them due to salary reasons, but maybe we can use one earlier to acquire someone.

Sure if Schenn is willing to sign long term for 3,5 and Giroux for 5,5 and Couts for 2,5 we can go with 3 top6 Center. But i doubt it.

Old
01-06-2012, 01:35 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
How old are you?

1. Do i ever say, that i believe Homer will ever do it??
2. Ward over Bryz any day of the week
3. Wards Contract over Bryz contract any day of the week
4. Bryz contract will stay at 5,666,667. No one cares a **** about the real numbers he earns
5. After Wards Contract he will be 32!!! Bryz 39!!!
6. Ward had won a CUP!!
7. Ward had won a CUP with LAVIOLETTE

OMG i better stop myself now......
1. If Homer won't even consider it, then what's the point of discussing it? He's our GM... that isn't going to change. If you want to talk about fantasy trades that have no basis in reality or no chance of ever happening, then go get yourself an NHL 12 game and have at it... When we're talking about a problem w/ our team and how to correct it, I think it's prudent to discuss actual possible solutions... not some fantasy stuff.

2. Ward is probably the better goalie (although they both suck hard this year). However, in a different system, Bryz was also a very very good goalie. Don't you think we should at least give him a full year to acclimate himself to the system?

3. I can't say which contract I like better. All else equal, you're giving up 600k more cap space yearly for Ward. But Bryz's contract will go on 2 years longer than Ward's. I don't really worry about Bryz's age vs. Ward's age b/c goalies have been proven to continue to be "in their prime" well into their late 30s.

4. The "real numbers" that Bryz earns matters because it dictates when he will retire. If he had 10M due to him in 2018-2019, he wouldn't retire and then he would still be on our cap. But because Bryz has only 2.2M due to him in 2018-2019, if he is playing poorly and isn't enjoying the bench, he will retire, and then his 5.67M comes off of our salary cap.

5. I already addressed the age thing. Goalies can be great well into their late 30s, so I'm not not too worried about age.

6. You're right.

7. Again, you're right... but a goalie doesn't win a cup by himself. Lavvy has a completely different group of players here. Getting a goalie he won a cup w/ before doesn't guarantee success.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 01:41 PM
mirimon

Quote:

I know we have time. And maybe we can wait till we must move one of them due to salary reasons, but maybe we can use one earlier to acquire someone.

Sure if Schenn is willing to sign long term for 3,5 and Giroux for 5,5 and Couts for 2,5 we can go with 3 top6 Center. But i doubt it.
If Giroux and Schenn enters Crosby/Malkin territory while Couturier "only" becomes Jordan Staal... I could live with that.

Old
01-06-2012, 02:01 PM
Left Circle OneTimer

Quote:

What Money problems? They have both Malkin and Sid at 8.7 mill and they have been doing fine. Giroux, Schenn and Couturier wont get anywhere near that individually.

I want to see if one person can tell me why we make the playoffs almost every single year but are never a threat to win it? Hopefully someone knows the answer

Left Circle OneTimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 08:03 PM
tuckrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkFlyerFan View Post
Let me clarify.

A.) I'm not saying that Schenn is better then Skinner right now.
B.)Ok I value centers more then wingers and Schenn has great potential. Dudes played 10 games and people seem to be ready to give up on him. I'd rather hang onto him and give him more time to see what kind of player he is.
C.) Skinners a really good player but I don't think he's worth trading that many pieces for. Just my 2 cents.
Here is why skinner would put us over the top:

In minors, Skinner was dominant as hell with the playmaker Jason Akeson. Giroux much better at playmaking than Akeson.

Furthermore we HAVE Akeson!

Imagine the line of:
Akeson-Giroux-Skinner
Followed by:
JvR -Couturier-Voracek

Jezuz what a core.

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 11:39 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Circle OneTimer View Post
What Money problems? They have both Malkin and Sid at 8.7 mill and they have been doing fine. Giroux, Schenn and Couturier wont get anywhere near that individually.

I want to see if one person can tell me why we make the playoffs almost every single year but are never a threat to win it? Hopefully someone knows the answer
The Pens have plenty of cap problems when you add Staal in there at $4M (IIRC), you have $21M+ devoted to three centres, almost 1/3 of the whole cap. It's why they can't keep key character guys like Talbot, why they had to let their Cup-winning shutdown pair (Scuderi and Gill) go as UFAs, why they can't afford good wingers for their star Cs.....

If Sid shuts it down for the year, they will be going after guys like Hemsky to use up his room.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 11:44 PM
BringBackStevens

Yeah, Kunitz and Neal sure are bums. And Michalek and Martin, how could they ever make up for the loss of the hockey gods that were gill and scuderi

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 02:57 AM
dats81

If and that's a big IF Schenn is traded, it will be for a star-potential defenseman!

As much as I don't like the goalie situation right now I think that you can't blame Homer for how it has turned out. He went for the best available player according to multi-year stats and got him signed long term.
Of course, if he for instance would have traded Richards for J.Quick straight up we would be in a different situation ... but we would be two roster players short on forwards at the same time.

dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote