HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anisimov long-term

Old
01-06-2012, 12:46 PM
Drewp

vCash: 500
Anisimov long-term

I remember Anisimov was being hyped as the Rangers next #1 center about a year ago, he had a 20 goal season and was expected to bust out this year... the fact that he hasn't... does that hurt his potential... I mean is he now considered more like a 2nd or 3rd line center long term?

Drewp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 12:51 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewp View Post
I remember Anisimov was being hyped as the Rangers next #1 center about a year ago, he had a 20 goal season and was expected to bust out this year... the fact that he hasn't... does that hurt his potential... I mean is he now considered more like a 2nd or 3rd line center long term?
Don't recall anyone ever calling him the future #1 center.

2nd line tops as potential, but more like a great two way 3rd line center.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 12:52 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Really? I don't think many folks here ever said AA was capable of being a true #1 center.

If he continues to flourish on the wing, hopefully he has what it takes to put up numbers like Frolov did in his prime. If he moves back to C, he will be a #2 or #3.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 12:53 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Personally, Im not all that enamored with Anisimov's game. He's a solid player thats not particularly great at anything.

I dont think he'll be a longterm fixture.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 12:55 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Personally, Im not all that enamored with Anisimov's game. He's a solid player thats not particularly great at anything.

I dont think he'll be a longterm fixture.
I tend to agree. I also think he's a bit soft.

01-06-2012, 12:56 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

He certainly fits right now but in the future? Who knows... Still has consistency issues IMHO...

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 01:00 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873
don;t think he will ever be ornery, but I think that with time and experience, he can become a bit mor stiiff to play against.

I like the elements he brings to the team.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 01:16 PM
MortUWary
Registered Loser

Quote:
He's only 23 and is playing in his 3rd full NHL season. His points per game have increased each season (.34 in 09-10, .54 in 10-11 and .59 this year). BTW, he's never scored 20 goals in a season (18 in the regular season and 1 in the playoffs last year though).

I still see him as a Top 6 forward, but the fact of the matter is that he's a valuable trade chip if he becomes too expensive to sign as an RFA. I just don't see giving him Dubi money in two years. I do like the kid though, but it's kind of the same admiration that I had for a similar goofy enigmatic Russian (Kovalev) in the mid-90s. Granted, he's not as flashy or talented, but I like his quirkiness and flashes of skill. Seems like a good kid.

MortUWary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 01:17 PM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 504
Anisimov has the Christensen wrist-shot, it's almost as hard and accurate as Gabby's, but while Gabby has perhaps the best release in the league, Anisimov takes forever to get his shot off. If he could improve his release, he has 30+ goal potential IMO.

Blue Blooded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 01:21 PM
MSG the place to be*

Anisimov is like a 2.343 line center with the potential to be a 1.469 line center. Give or take a couple thousandths. #screwlinelabeling

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 01:26 PM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
Anisimov is like a 2.343 line center with the potential to be a 1.469 line center. Give or take a couple thousandths. #screwlinelabeling
Anisimov is offended by your gratuitous hash tagging.

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 01:26 PM
McRanger

He is excellent on the defensive side of the puck, offensively he reminds me of Nedved. Tall and lanky, easy to knock off the puck at times, underrated vision and with a rocket of a wrist shot which he doesn't use enough and usually ends up hitting the defenseman in the shin.

The things that frustrates me the most with him is how sometimes he can be so incredibly slick with the puck, and other times he can handle it like a hand grenade. Especially in tight near the net. It is so bipolar.

Can't see why he would be outside the teams long term plans, especially with how well he has played on the wing.

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 01:31 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

#1 center?

Only the crazy people said that.

He was always slated to be a good #2 center as he is. He will be a decent 20G/50P scorer most of his career.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 01:31 PM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

Anisimov is a good little player and it's all gonna depend on what it takes to keep him here. For the right price I'll take him on my team any day of the week.

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 01:32 PM
Jumbo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I tend to agree. I also think he's a bit soft.
He's not soft at all. He's not ryan hollweg but he goes into dirty areas all the time and takes hits. He also throws plenty as well.

Old
01-06-2012, 01:37 PM
egelband

i feel like i expect too much too soon from players. and some of them just dont develop as quickly as id like. i would like the rangers to really be patient with this guy. i have a feeling he'll reward patience. not sure why. he doesn't make many mistakes either. pretty reliable with a pretty nice upside i think. as a previous poster mentioned, he's still very young.

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 02:07 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Everybody always uses the age defense for shiny new toys, but it seems Arty is a little old now.

He's 23.

He's going to have a very good career.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 02:12 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by APuckHog View Post
He's not soft at all. He's not ryan hollweg but he goes into dirty areas all the time and takes hits. He also throws plenty as well.
Throws plenty of what? Kisses? He does not hit nearly as much as he could. That's been my biggest gripe with him since day one.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 02:17 PM
Jumbo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Throws plenty of what? Kisses? He does not hit nearly as much as he could. That's been my biggest gripe with him since day one.

Alright, I guess he doesn't throw a ton of hits, but he doesn't shy away I guess is what I mean. He takes a beating out there with the puck since he likes to hold onto it instead of dishes it off the second it touches his stick.

Old
01-06-2012, 02:19 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:

Alright, I guess he doesn't throw a ton of hits, but he doesn't shy away I guess is what I mean. He takes a beating out there with the puck since he likes to hold onto it instead of dishes it off the second it touches his stick.
That I'll agree on. Unlike Gaborik, Anisimov is capable of holding onto the puck while receiving a hit. This is probably gaboriks worst quality. If he's about to get hit, he never will just eat the puck or try to bounce off the check. He gets rid of it like its got herpes. Anisimov definitely does a good job down low and can take some punishment, but I do wish he'd be more proactive in initiating contact.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 02:30 PM
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.

anisimov, #1center? i dont recall

SwedishBullet62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 02:36 PM
xxxZENxxx

Quote:
He does indeed go into the dirty areas, but he also gets run over by players half his size. I would clarify the description as 'soft on the puck' rather than soft in the sense of shying away from contact.

xxxZENxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 02:38 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
I don't see it. He seems to shrink when teams play physical (the Caps and recently against Philly). But to Bleed Ranger Blue's point, I don't really know what he does where he's a plus player.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 02:39 PM
xxxZENxxx

In general, Animisov is a solid two-way player who is quite inconsistent on the offensive side of the puck. He is not a guy you go out of your way to trade, but he is a guy you move to get a better offensive player. There should be some big names available in the next 2 months and this team looks to be on the cusp, so guys like AA and Dubi could be on the move if it means bringing in an elite scorer at forward or on the back end to put us over the top.

xxxZENxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 02:42 PM
ColonialsHockey10

He most certainly has the potential to score 70 points and be great defensively (a 1st line center).

At the moment his awesome shot is hampered by his release, which is slow as molasses. He lacks a sense of urgency as well, and goes long stretches where you won't notice him at all. Defensively he's very good, but he's struggling to put everything together offensively. Every once in awhile he dominates games and you see what he's capable of. I love Ansimov, but he hasn't been as good as I expected this season.

Everyone loves them, but I'm not a huge fan of the Anisimov-Stepan-Gaborik line yet, because I feel only 2 of it's 3 engines are running.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote