HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Trade for Mark Stuart

Old
01-06-2012, 04:37 AM
steveat

vCash: 500
I was just thinking of doing some tweaking until we can find what we are looking for.

The reason I like Stuart is not for his offensive play or anything, but he'd be big improvement on our top 6 so we can dump Eaton or Mottau.

Mottau goes UFA after this year and Eaton goes RFA this year and both are getting around 800k per year while Stuart is getting 1.7 for the next 3 years. Actually, my mistake...Mottau is getting 850kish and Eaton shows to be getting 2.5. How the hell did we end up doing that?

If we get Stuart, then we send Eaton down and dump Mottau after this season and add De Haan for next season. I think he is the only good prospect we haven't rushed.

Then we trade (for a top2/Top4) in the offseason OR sign a UFA and probably dump Staios.

My reasoning for Stuart is that he plays hard and he leads the league in blocked shots, so not only would he be better than what we have in top 6, but he'd be good on the PK and show our guys how it's done..imagine..leading the league in blocked shots and not being injury prone to it.

Plus he's only 27.

This would allow us not to rush anymore prospects than we have to. Our backup would be Donovan, Reese etc..so we also have depth if someone gets injured.

Would we make a trade for future considerations or maybe send either a prospect or current roster player in return? Who would we give up for Stuart? Maybe a Third rounder?

steveat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 07:17 AM
CREW99AW

Eaton's friggin stealin his salary.
Is Stuart currently playing top 4 mins?I'm wondering how hard it'd be to pry him away.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 07:35 AM
steveat

He's got decent stats on the PK

You can see more here:

http://illegalcurve.com/2011/08/17/j...ds-to-improve/

Seems to also state that Oduya is on the trade block too..I think because he goes UFA after this year. Both play on the PK.

Stuart also leads his team in Penalty minutes, so I'd like to assume he would give us a more physical presence.

I found this as of end of Oct 2011:

"averaging just under 18 minutes of ice time per game" - http://www.torontosun.com/2011/10/26...ocking-machine

Seems Jets fans adore him...so maybe it will be tougher to pry him away, but he, I think is attainable and I wouldn't mind sacrificing something for him. The guys got spirit and heart.

steveat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 07:46 AM
Aucoin3

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveat View Post
IMottau goes UFA after this year and Eaton goes RFA this year and both are getting around 800k per year while Stuart is getting 1.7 for the next 3 years. Actually, my mistake...Mottau is getting 850kish and Eaton shows to be getting 2.5. How the hell did we end up doing that?
Mark Stuart is an ok player and certainly better than Jurcina, Eaton or Mottau, however he is signed cheap for the next twoyears and there is no chance the Jets trade him to a team competing for the same playoff spot.

Aucoin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 09:18 AM
leaponover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aucoin3 View Post
Mark Stuart is an ok player and certainly better than Jurcina, Eaton or Mottau, however he is signed cheap for the next twoyears and there is no chance the Jets trade him to a team competing for the same playoff spot.
Haha, you said Islanders and competing in the same sentence!

leaponover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 12:55 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Hey guys. We should trade for every good player that's good!

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote