Notices

Game 37 | Vancouver Canucks @ Boston Bruins | 1 PM EST | NESN (HD), 98.5 FM

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2012, 01:36 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

vCash: 500
Mass. native Cory Schneider to start. Not overly surprising, it's not like the Canucks play in Boston often and Schneider is a Boston guy.

Old
01-06-2012, 01:36 PM
Scotto74

vCash: 50
That to me shows more weakness on Lou's part. he should be beggging to play in this game.

BOSTON STRONG!!!
Old
01-06-2012, 01:37 PM
bruinswincup
Black&Gold4ever!!!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to bruinswincup Send a message via Skype™ to bruinswincup
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Mass. native Cory Schneider to start. Not overly surprising, it's not like the Canucks play in Boston often and Schneider is a Boston guy.
Yeah, I'm sure that's the reason.

Old
01-06-2012, 01:38 PM
ssault
SW BROONS

Because Schneider is from Mass ...

That's surely the reason.....

Old
01-06-2012, 01:39 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
This is called Louongo being a pansy. Biggest game of the season and Schneider starts? Give me a break that he's in because it's his hometown.

I am Boston Strong

Old
01-06-2012, 01:41 PM
thepuckmonster
professional winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
This is called Louongo being a pansy. Biggest game of the season and Schneider starts? Give me a break that he's in because it's his hometown.
While that may be true (I'm not going to go on a Luongo crusade in here, not the place), I still think that it is a good choice. Sometimes goalies just don't play well in certain buildings (god knows something in Vancouver really hates Rinne).

And then you guys get to watch some good homegrown Massachusetts talent!

Old
01-06-2012, 01:42 PM
FanSince74

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
So Luongo won't come into the game until the second period then?
lol. Beautiful.

Old
Arigold*

Canucks fan in Vancouver here.

Very dissapointed that we are starting Cory tomorrow, Hiding Luongo is such a bullsh*t move. I know Cory is from Boston and has family coming but when the 2 best teams in the NHL play you put in the top goaltenders on each team.

It should be a good game tomorrow, if the Bruins can keep there emotions in check then it will be a close game. If they cant the Canucks #1 PP will prevail. Bruins beat teams with there toughness, Canucks beat teams on the Power play. Sounds like a good match up.

Good luck Bruins fans,

Old
Scotto74

The main problem I have with this is IF the Bruins win or kill them we will hear nothing but "oh ya but if Luongo was in net you would not have won" type of comments.

Old
VanIsle
Bruins in 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
It is a valid reason.

They are raking Luongo over the coals now on Team1040 about how they pay him all this money, he is their #1, and is on a roll but Schneider is playing.

Schneider is probably the 2nd best backup next to Rask, and this is his hometown where many of his friends and family get a chance to see him play live, once every 2 years.

The Canucks are high in the standings and Luongo doesn't play his best in Boston, so I think the decision Alain Vigneault made was the proper one.

Old
01-06-2012, 01:43 PM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post
That to me shows more weakness on Lou's part. he should be beggging to play in this game.
and how do you know he wasn't?

I know you guys hate all things Canucks but Luongo pretty much begs to play every game, his hyper competitiveness is almost a detriment, which is why it's been a struggle to get him to embrace a more Tim Thomas level of games started. The only reason there was any talk of Luongo playing this game was because it is Boston, any other team and Schneider is a no brainer to start.

Old
01-06-2012, 01:44 PM
bigcat188

Luongo will be out in the parking lot pumping Timmys tires.

Old
01-06-2012, 01:44 PM
Scotto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyheadhurts View Post

I know you guys hate all things Canucks but Luongo pretty much begs to play every game, his hyper competitiveness is almost a detriment, which is why it's been a struggle to get him to embrace a more Tim Thomas level of games started. The only reason there was any talk of Luongo playing this game was because it is Boston, any other team and Schneider is a no brainer to start.
maybe he is I don't know for sure.

Old
01-06-2012, 01:48 PM
thepuckmonster
professional winner

Hey guys, weird question but I would like to add some more Bruins signatures to my SCF program (already have Lucic and Thomas). Should I just wait somewhere at the Garden or... ?

Old
01-06-2012, 01:50 PM
Andrew83

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIsle View Post
It is a valid reason.
Schneider is probably the 2nd best backup next to Rask, and this is his hometown where many of his friends and family get a chance to see him play live, once every 2 years.

The Canucks are high in the standings and Luongo doesn't play his best in Boston, so I think the decision Alain Vigneault made was the proper one.
I totally agree. Good coaching decision based on the stats.

Old
Turk 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arigold View Post
Canucks fan in Vancouver here.

Very dissapointed that we are starting Cory tomorrow, Hiding Luongo is such a bullsh*t move. I know Cory is from Boston and has family coming but when the 2 best teams in the NHL play you put in the top goaltenders on each team.

It should be a good game tomorrow, if the Bruins can keep there emotions in check then it will be a close game. If they cant the Canucks #1 PP will prevail. Bruins beat teams with there toughness, Canucks beat teams on the Power play. Sounds like a good match up.

Good luck Bruins fans,
Yeah, just like the "Canucks #1 PP" prevailed in the SCF. Please.

Playing for the PP (aka diving and whining) is a loser's strategy. As is benching your "world class" goaltender to "protect" him.

Now I'm really hoping the Bs blow them out.

Old
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Well then shame on Alain for making that call. If it's just another game in January, let your #1 try and exercise his demons in an atmosphere that is NOT the pressure cooker that is the SCF.

Your #1 wants the ball in a situation with great personal significance? You give him the ball. Rick Vaughn wanted Parkman in Major League II, and it was Parkman that Rick Vaughn got.

Old
01-06-2012, 01:51 PM
chuckdobbins

This has potential to now be even more fun than if Luongo started

He's still going to be verbally abused all afternoon, and now he won't be able to do anything to shut the crowd up. He's just gonna be sitting there on his hands looking up at the scoreboard.

Old
01-06-2012, 01:51 PM
patty59

Hansen and Burrows will probably have the "flu" too.

Old
01-06-2012, 01:52 PM
ODAAT

Quote:
That would be completely out of character for Red Light

Old
01-06-2012, 01:52 PM
Pie O My

Quote:

you hurt your what now??

Old
01-06-2012, 01:53 PM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
Well then shame on Alain for making that call. If it's just another game in January, let your #1 try and exercise his demons in an atmosphere that is NOT the pressure cooker that is the SCF.

Your #1 wants the ball in a situation with great personal significance? You give him the ball. Rick Vaughn wanted Parkman in Major League II, and it was Parkman that Rick Vaughn got.
Jack Parkman....?

Old
01-06-2012, 01:54 PM
ODAAT

Quote:
The main problem I have with this is IF the Bruins win or kill them we will hear nothing but "oh ya but if Luongo was in net you would not have won" type of comments.
Actually NOT playing Luongo, IMO probably increases the chances that our boys merely put up a 5 spot on the Nucks

Old
caz16

vCash: 664
Big incentive for the Bruins: score a ton on goals on Schneider, get him pulled, then bring Lu in for target practice.

Old
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:

Luongo has no interest in playing in Boston, and the team has no interest in ruining his confidence again.

Closed Thread