HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anisimov long-term

Old
01-06-2012, 02:45 PM
chip chipperson*

vCash: 500
at some point he will be traded to phoenix.

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 02:48 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I don't see it. He seems to shrink when teams play physical (the Caps and recently against Philly). But to Bleed Ranger Blue's point, I don't really know what he does where he's a plus player.
Id deal Anisimov over Dubinsky. At least when Dubinsky isn't scoring you still notice him on the ice. Watch Anisimov get dealt to the Wings and become a selke winner...Anisimov went through the tragedy like Gaborik did over the summer. .id keep Anisimov but if it came down to him or Dubinsky. Id keep Dubinsky..

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 02:48 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
He most certainly has the potential to score 70 points and be great defensively (a 1st line center).

At the moment his awesome shot is hampered by his release, which is slow as molasses. He lacks a sense of urgency as well, and goes long stretches where you won't notice him at all. Defensively he's very good, but he's struggling to put everything together offensively. Every once in awhile he dominates games and you see what he's capable of. I love Ansimov, but he hasn't been as good as I expected this season.

Everyone loves them, but I'm not a huge fan of the Anisimov-Stepan-Gaborik line yet, because I feel only 2 of it's 3 engines are running.
Disagree. I think when the line was at it's best Arty was at the heart of things.

Honestly, i'm starting to think the chemistry between Steps and Gabby is beginning to get overstated.

Don't change what works though.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 02:49 PM
JeffMangum
#meatisbeat

Maybe he wont a fixture, but he is an excellent depth player to have. He is versatile, skilled, and a player that Tortorella trusts. He's no banger, but I don't get the "soft" vibe from him. He'll ramp up the intensity; he is a focused, determined player.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 02:52 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Id deal Anisimov over Dubinsky. At least when Dubinsky isn't scoring you still notice him on the ice. Watch Anisimov get dealt to the Wings and become a selke winner...Anisimov went through the tragedy like Gaborik did over the summer. .id keep Anisimov but if it came down to him or Dubinsky. Id keep Dubinsky..
I agree.

01-06-2012, 02:58 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Disagree. I think when the line was at it's best Arty was at the heart of things.

Honestly, i'm starting to think the chemistry between Steps and Gabby is beginning to get overstated.

Don't change what works though.
Stepan and Gaborik certainly don't have magic, but Gaborik is a very particular shooter (he looks very uncomfortable shooting on the weak side most of the time), and Stepan knows how to separate him from defenders.

It's not like Anisimov does nothing, but I feel he can do much more. And you're right, when that line is on, it's usually because Anisimov is having a fantastic game, which only happens every so often.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 02:59 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

50-60 point future player.

I don't think i've ever heard anyone say he's a future #1 center. Maybe Stepan you are thinking of. And agreed with others, i'd probably rather deal him over Dubinsky.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 03:00 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Yup.

In fact, if you ask me who is the most likely to get traded at the deadline, I'd say its probably Anisimov.

AA, a solid prospect, and a 2nd or something should be able to net a solid upgrade in his spot for the playoff run.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 03:06 PM
JeffMangum
#meatisbeat

I'd say that neither are traded and the nucleus of a 1st place team is kept intact.

Old
01-06-2012, 03:10 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
I'd say that neither are traded and the nucleus of a 1st place team is kept intact.
Thats wishful thinking.

And getting back to the subject of the thread, I dont think Anisimov is part of the "nucleus"

Old
01-06-2012, 03:12 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Yup.

In fact, if you ask me who is the most likely to get traded at the deadline, I'd say its probably Anisimov.

AA, a solid prospect, and a 2nd or something should be able to net a solid upgrade in his spot for the playoff run.
Man, everyone seems to be jumping on this now. I've only been saying this since the offseason.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Thats wishful thinking.

And getting back to the subject of the thread, I dont think Anisimov is part of the "nucleus"
How is it wishful thinking? We're 1st in the East and playing fantastic hockey. i don't see any blockbuster moves getting made.

And for this year, Anisimov is absolutely a part of the nucleus.

Quote:
Man, everyone seems to be jumping on this now. I've only been saying this since the offseason.
You also have been saying to trade Gaborik for Schenn and Simmonds all off-season.

Old
HankIsTheKing30

Quote:
Originally Posted by APuckHog View Post
#1 center?

Only the crazy people said that.

He was always slated to be a good #2 center as he is. He will be a decent 20G/50P scorer most of his career.
sounds about right

HankIsTheKing30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 03:13 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Yup, I said it in the Around the NHL thread, our window just opened. No need to trade.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 03:14 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
How is it wishful thinking? We're 1st in the East and playing fantastic hockey. i don't see any blockbuster moves getting made.

Trading Anisimov is a "blockbuster" now? This team will be looking to upgrade at LW - you can almost bet on it.

And if AA is part of the nucleus, thats a pretty big atom.

Old
01-06-2012, 03:19 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:

You also have been saying to trade Gaborik for Schenn and Simmonds all off-season.
True. That's not one of my brightest moments.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 03:20 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Trading Anisimov is a "blockbuster" now? This team will be looking to upgrade at LW - you can almost bet on it.

And if AA is part of the nucleus, thats a pretty big atom.
When the majority of our offense is our top 2 lines, and Anisimov has been almost as big a reason for Gaborik's resurgence as Stepan, yes, he's part of the nucleus this year.

And by blockbuster I mean Anisimov, Sauer or MDZ or whatever d-man, 1st for an ACTUAL upgrade.

Old
01-06-2012, 03:23 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
When the majority of our offense is our top 2 lines, and Anisimov has been almost as big a reason for Gaborik's resurgence as Stepan, yes, he's part of the nucleus this year.
I disagree wholeheartedly that Anisimov has anywhere near the impact on Gaborik's resurgence as Stepan. In fact, I think hes been along for the ride more than anything, making him the most expendable.

Lets be clear, Im not saying to get rid of him or anything like that...Im calling him the most likely to go, because hes someone with value that I wouldnt really mind parting with.

Old
01-06-2012, 03:27 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
I disagree wholeheartedly that Anisimov has anywhere near the impact on Gaborik's resurgence as Stepan. In fact, I think hes been along for the ride more than anything, making him the most expendable.

Lets be clear, Im not saying to get rid of him or anything like that...Im calling him the most likely to go, because hes someone with value that I wouldnt really mind parting with.
And I think NEITHER of them have been as responsible for it as anybody here likes to make it sound, and that when Gabby's on he's just an elite player if he's playing with somebody halfway competent (see: Vinny Prospal) but I don't know if i'm comfortable getting rid of that line when it's been the majority of our offense.

I just don't see any major trades being made with the team in the position it is. I'd rather get a Ruutu or Prospal to help the 2nd or 3rd lines first.

Old
01-06-2012, 03:28 PM
Vitto79

he's playing LW on the first line.......I did not even know he could play the wing..........he's doing a very good job

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 03:33 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
he's playing LW on the first line.......I did not even know he could play the wing..........he's doing a very good job
Yet you started a thread on the Trade Board offering a package and wondering if it's enough to get a top LW....

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 03:34 PM
Jackson Ranger

As one of the earlier posters said, it's all about consistency with AA. One game he'll drive you crazy, the next he's using his wheels and driving to the net to score a goal.

It seems to me, some days he has balls, the others, he doesn't.

Because of this, he'll never be a number 1 center but he could definitely fit in on a third line.

Jackson Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 03:41 PM
JeffMangum
#meatisbeat

Quote:
Thats wishful thinking.

I'd say a trade of that caliber is more "wishful thinking".

And Anisimov this season has inarguably been a part of the nucleus of this team. He's logging important minutes and making usage of those minutes. Sather wouldn't move him for Richards last season, I doubt he changes his mind.

Old
01-06-2012, 04:09 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
I'd say a trade of that caliber is more "wishful thinking".

And Anisimov this season has inarguably been a part of the nucleus of this team. He's logging important minutes and making usage of those minutes. Sather wouldn't move him for Richards last season, I doubt he changes his mind.
I hate terms like "core" and "nucleus." Why dont you explain to me what you mean by it? It sounds like a pretty select group, but I'd rank the following players ahead of Anisimov in terms of importance.

-Lundqvist
-Richards
-Gaborik
-Callahan
-Stepan
-Girardi
-McDonagh
-Del Zotto

So, really, if you're not even in the top third of valuable players to the team, are you part of the "nucleus?"

Old
01-06-2012, 04:13 PM
OverTheCap

Anisimov in all likelihood won't be going anywhere this season, but I do question if he is going to be a long-term fixture on this team.

Is he going to be a left wing or center going forward? I don't think he's a legitimate option in the future as top 6 winger. However, I could see him sticking around as a 3rd line center, so long as his cap hit doesn't go up substantially.

As others have mentioned, one of his biggest problems is that he doesn't get his shot off quick enough. I also think his two-way game tends to get overrated by some... he's solid defensively but I don't think he'll ever be a Selke nominee like some Rangers fans said he would be when he first came up.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote