Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2012, 03:48 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildisLaw View Post
How's it going fellas? Ive posted in the main thread but you never get a response because it is so swamped so i've come here.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/136719308.html

Not sure why Russo (as credible as they come) would even throw this out there because of how much it would cost to get one of them. What would it take to land Perry? Tired of watching this guy have his way with the Wild every game. If not Perry then Ryan. The Wild's GM obviously has familiarity with with these players so it makes sense.

Would 2-3 first round picks get it done? What would it take?

I have to believe the Wild cannot afford to trade Granlund, Koivu, Hackett. I believe all others are expendable if you were looking for players/top prospects/picks
Well then i can't see any of our big 3 going to Minnesota

Old
01-06-2012, 12:55 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 90
Holy cow. The "only 2 untouchables" tweet has started off a thread on Toronto that's already 500+ posts. In 2 days.

Old
01-06-2012, 01:11 PM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
Holy cow. The "only 2 untouchables" tweet has started off a thread on Toronto that's already 500+ posts. In 2 days.
It's quite sad really, I'd hate to be a Leafs fans, some good ones, but so so many retards.

Old
01-06-2012, 01:13 PM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

One of the best posts I've seen in that thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corleone View Post
Bozak Kadri Holzer for Getzlaf
Kessel Aulie for Perry
Macarthur Colbourne for Ryan
Schenn Mckegg and Gus for Hiller

Old
01-06-2012, 01:17 PM
EvoLu7ioN

There's some buzz a deal for Perry might be in the works with Van; Ballard, Raymond, Hodgson going the other way. Very interesting.

Old
01-06-2012, 01:20 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post
There's some buzz a deal for Perry might be in the works with Van; Ballard, Raymond, Hodgson going the other way. Very interesting.
Later rumor said Vancouver rejected it because it was too much.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p=41996651

Quote:
Just got confirmation from a source high within the organization that the Canucks withdrew their offer for Corey Perry.

Felt like they were giving up too much. (yes, you read that right.)

Team felt like it was too steep a price.

And no, this is not some stupid joke or troll. This is legit.

And if no one believes me, that's fine. But Corey Perry will not be a Canuck.

kanuck25 was 100% accurate in his breaking of the trade, but recent developments have seen the team withdraw their offer.

The deal WAS indeed Hodgson, Ballard, and Raymond for Perry.

So put the Perry to Canucks rumors to rest... for now.

EDIT: for those of you thinking i'm mocking kanuck25 and the rumor or whatever, i'm not. i just received this tidbit of news from my source and wished to share it with you all.

One more thing. Aren't we at 49 or 50 contracts? And a couple more are already not counting because they're playing in juniors and would be counting in a year or two. So it's not easy to do a trade for a big piece like Getzlaf since they usually end up in multiple pieces.

edit: did a check of capgeek. I think we're at 47 contracts, with Etem and Vatanen not counting because they were loaned. I think Bobkov does count because he's 20, so he's in the 47 contracts. So I guess Getzlaf/Ryan/opposing team's fans' wetdreams could be easily traded for 4 contracts and a pick and it would still work out. Just makes it easier for Murray to **** things up without having to worry about details. Be afraid. I have to admit it would have been amusing if a trade were agreed upon, then rejected because of the contract situation and Ducks management didn't pay attention. Holmgren or Lombardi-esque.

Last edited by snarktacular: 01-06-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Old
01-06-2012, 01:27 PM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

If BM really did think Ballard + Raymond + Hodgson was enough for Perry...god help us all.

Old
01-06-2012, 01:39 PM
master4071

Wow, It was horrible deal for us...I can't sleep well because of our GM...glad that Canucks didn't want to do it...

Old
01-06-2012, 01:41 PM
EvoLu7ioN

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
If BM really did think Ballard + Raymond + Hodgson was enough for Perry...god help us all.
Honestly, I'd have absolutely NO problem throwing you guys a first rounder as well because Perry's an elite player and proven winner. I also think Hodgson is vastly underrated as he's playing roughly 11 minutes a game without skilled wingers and still putting up nice point for a rookie, I think he's currently 4th or 5th in the rookie race. Given 15+ minutes a game and skilled linemates to work with there's no doubt in my mind he could put up 60 points this year and increase greatly from there, the guys hockey IQ is off the charts. He outscored Stamkos and was the points leader at the WJC, the only reason he dropped to 10th overall was because of his lack of elite skating ability, which is something he has improved drastically with Gary Roberts over the past 2 summers.

Here's a different deal I came up with in my head that could really help all teams involved I think.

Vancouver acquires Corey Perry.

Tampa acquires Cory Schneider, Mid range Van prospect.

Anaheim acquires Victor Hedman, Mason Raymond, Vancouver 1st rounder + Ballard (if you guys want him, he will be worth at least a 2nd rounder at the deadline).

From your perspective, you get one of the best young defensive prospects in the game already playing top pairing minutes has an unlimited growth ceiling. Hedman Fowler would be one of the best pairings for the next decade, the perfect mix of offense and defense.

Out: Perry
In: Hedman, Raymond, Ballard, 1st rounder (Van).

Last edited by EvoLu7ioN: 01-06-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old
01-06-2012, 01:41 PM
Buda

This season is getting too much to handle... think I'll just tune out till next year and hope for the best

Old
01-06-2012, 01:51 PM
Force951

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post
Honestly, I'd have absolutely NO problem throwing you guys a first rounder as well because Perry's an elite player and proven winner. I also think Hodgson is vastly underrated as he's playing roughly 11 minutes a game without skilled wingers and still putting up nice point for a rookie, I think he's currently 4th or 5th in the rookie race. Given 15+ minutes a game and skilled linemates to work with there's no doubt in my mind he could put up 60 points this year and increase greatly from there, the guys hockey IQ is off the charts. He outscored Stamkos and was the points leader at the WJC, the only reason he dropped to 10th overall was because of his lack of elite skating ability, which is something he has improved drastically with Gary Roberts over the past 2 summers.

Here's a different deal I came up with in my head that could really help all teams involved I think.

Vancouver acquires Corey Perry.

Tampa acquires Cory Schneider, Mid range Van prospect.

Anaheim acquires Victor Hedman, Mason Raymond, Vancouver 1st rounder + Ballard (if you guys want him, he will be worth at least a 2nd rounder at the deadline).

From your perspective, you get one of the best young defensive prospects in the game already playing top pairing minutes has an unlimited growth ceiling. Hedman Fowler would be one of the best pairings for the next decade, the perfect mix of offense and defense.

Out: Perry
In: Hedman, Raymond, Ballard, 1st rounder (Van).
So much wrong with this i have a hard time figuring out where to start. Mason Raymond is meh, Ballard is a resounding no, and Hodgson needs to prove to me he can stay healthy long term before i would consider trading for him.

As for the multi deal team, Tampa isn't going to deal Hedman for Schnieder + mid level prospect. With Hedman being the only piece that is somewhat interesting that kills it. Before we even get to the fact that the rest of the package isn't enough.

Old
01-06-2012, 01:57 PM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by master4071 View Post
Wow, It was horrible deal for us...I can't sleep well because of our GM...glad that Canucks didn't want to do it...
Yeah, I'm sure it was the Canucks who wouldn't do it . You people need to stop believing everything you read/hear.

Dreger puts outs Selanne and Koivu are the only untouchables, people take it as Murray is actively shopping them. Dreger himself stated it's extremely unlikely that Getzlaf or Perry get traded and it's likely just a scare tactic. I sincerely hope you don't read the news and take it for gospel like you do these rumor mongers.

Old
01-06-2012, 01:58 PM
master4071

For me Perry and Fowler are the only untouchable guys right now, so I don't know how Bob can consider trading the reigning MVP...

Old
01-06-2012, 02:24 PM
Gibson Les Palms
Jinxes aren't real

vCash: 50
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...s-ducks-in-mix

Old
01-06-2012, 02:53 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

I love how people are completely oblivious to Ducks payroll..

Old
01-06-2012, 03:08 PM
Papaspud
upsetting the

Getzlaf and Perry being close friends basically means, you trade one and you'll piss off the other. If you thought morale, and motivation was low before...

Old
01-06-2012, 03:30 PM
echlfreak

Lets remember Ducks free up (Cap Space next season)

Blake 4M
Selanne 4M
Koivu 2.5M
Hagman 1.5M
Parros 875K
Beauchemin 3.8M
Ellis 1.5M
Brookbank 750K

And lets maybe try a page from Philly's book. They traded 2 star center piece players for:

Richards for Simmonds, Schenn and a 2nd

Carter for Vorachek, 8th Overall pick and a 3rd Rd

They signed Bryz, Jagr, Talbot, Betts, Lilja

Where are the superstars in return of those trades. They created the right mix. And built around Giroux, JVR, Briere, Pronger, Timonen.

Ducks should do the same. Keep Perry, Getzlaf, Vish, Fowler, Selanne.

Trade Ryan to Philly for Hartnell and Talbot. A 30 goal player and a 15 goal player. Both gritty! Give up 30 goals for 45 in return.

Hiller and Beauchemin to Tampa for Downie and Brewer. Gritty 20-25 goal scorer and a vet D.

Sign Vokoun in the summer. Sign Hagman. Sign Koivu

and it makes sense financially!

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Ryan Getzlaf ($5.325m) / Corey Perry ($5.325m) / Hartnell ($4.200m)
Selanne ($3.500m) / Koivu ($2.000m) / Hagman ($2.000m)
Downie ($2.250m) / Andrew Cogliano ($2.390m) / Devante Smith-Pelly ($0.870m)
Pelley ($0.550m) / Bonino ($0.550m) / Talbot ($1.750m)
Parros ($0.875m)

DEFENSEMEN
Lubomir Visnovsky ($5.600m) / Brewer ($3.850m)
Toni Lydman ($3.000m) / Cam Fowler ($1.400m)
Luca Sbisa ($2.175m) / Cuminsky ($0.650m)
/ Brookbank ($0.750m)

GOALTENDERS
Ellis ($1.250m) / Vokoun ($4.000m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $54,260,000; BONUSES: $640,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $10,040,000

Old
01-06-2012, 03:45 PM
c4rcy
Power lvls over 9000

I would never trade Ryan for that. We only get older, albeit I like Talbot.

And that's an overpayment for Brewer and Downie. It's bad asset management after we gave TOR quite a decent package just to get Beauchemin back.

If anything:

JVR / Couturier / Schenn is the centerpiece of the deal for Philly.

Old
01-06-2012, 03:54 PM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

Vokoun? No. Trade Beauchemin? No. Not liking package for Ryan either.

With Schultz and Vatanen coming into camp next season, I really doubt Cumiskey makes the team. Yes, I'm aware that they're not same type of defenseman.

Cogliano is not a good centre, nor do I think Bonino would be a good 4th line centre.

I really think this is Teemu's last season, he can't play forever and I'm sure constant losing will make him say he's had enough.

Old
01-06-2012, 04:16 PM
Chelle
YNWA

Sign Penner, Påhlsson, Moen and Gleason.

Re-sign Blake, Koivu, Parros and Beauchemin.

Trade Lydman for something.

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Dustin Penner ($3.550m) / Ryan Getzlaf ($5.325m) / Corey Perry ($5.325m)
Jason Blake ($2.000m) / Saku Koivu ($2.500m) / Bobby Ryan ($5.100m)
Andrew Cogliano ($2.390m) / Samuel Pahlsson ($2.500m) / Devante Smith-Pelly ($0.870m)
Travis Moen ($1.500m) / Brandon McMillan ($0.875m) / George Parros ($0.875m)
/ Matt Beleskey ($0.737m)

DEFENSEMEN
Cam Fowler ($1.400m) / Francois Beauchemin ($4.500m)
Lubomir Visnovsky ($5.600m) / Tim Gleason ($3.550m)
Luca Sbisa ($2.175m) / Sheldon Brookbank ($0.750m)
Nate Guenin ($0.525m)

GOALTENDERS
Jonas Hiller ($4.500m) / Iiro Tarkki ($1.325m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $57,872,500; BONUSES: $782,500
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $6,427,500

If Blake has lost it, try Palmieri or Etem there. If Koivu dosent want to stay, go after Stoll from the Kings as a short term solution on the second line.

Selänne will probably qiut =(

Gleason will make our D more physical and Påhlsson will bring some stability to our bottom 6. Penner is a perfect complement to Getz and Perry. Moen will add some well needed grit.

Edit: If possible, trade Cogliano for something. He is is not good enough for a top 6 role and i dont like to have him on our bottom 6.

Another option for the second line center postition would be to trade for one. What could a package of Holland, Palmieri and possible a roster player bring us?

Last edited by Chelle: 01-06-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Old
01-06-2012, 04:23 PM
echlfreak

Penner would be a good fit again.

Old
01-06-2012, 04:41 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Quote:
Originally Posted by echlfreak View Post
Penner would be a good fit again.
Couldn't disagree more. Based on our recent history the team can't carry anymore lazy underachievers, nor is there anyone on the roster that can motivate those kinds of players.

Old
01-06-2012, 05:03 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Cat View Post
Couldn't disagree more. Based on our recent history the team can't carry anymore lazy underachievers, nor is there anyone on the roster that can motivate those kinds of players.
I agree. We don't have the leadership to accommodate another of this type of personality.

Old
01-06-2012, 05:26 PM
c4rcy
Power lvls over 9000

An Orpik/Gleason type player would be fantastic for this team if we don't end up pushing for Suter. That and a Tuomo Ruutu type player in the top6.

Old
01-06-2012, 05:32 PM
Elvs

vCash: 708
Now that I've seen the upcoming UFA's, I'm even more against trading Lubo then I was before. Gleason and Carle are bascially the top names on defense, with both being possibilites to re-sign before even hitting free agency... The Ducks would have to get a good d-man in a trade to consider dealing Lubo.

Tuomo Ruutu would be the perfect addition. I think he'd be the perfect complementary winger on the top line. Unfortunately I think there's gonna be strong interest from a bunch of teams. The UFA pool this summer is pretty horrid on all positions...

Closed Thread