HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will Bryzgalov ever be worth his contract?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-06-2012, 03:33 PM
  #876
brucewaynegretzky
Registered User
 
brucewaynegretzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: DC
Country: United States
Posts: 101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA1974 View Post
I felt compelled to copy my GDT post here:

Man, you are going to drive yourself nuts in the next few years if you don't let go.

Here is an old man's advise for you:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference

If I had an ability to move Bryz for a better goalie, I would probably do it at the end of the season (if you remenber, everyone was asking for Hartnell's balls(me included) in the beginning of the season). Since I can't, I will try to enjoy my favorite team and hope that his and Bob's game will improve.
If we all ***** enough, REALLY hard, maybe next time Snider walks into Homer's office Homer will say, "Look what happened last time we took YOUR idea. Let me do my job."

brucewaynegretzky is offline  
Old
01-06-2012, 03:36 PM
  #877
CSKA1974
Registered User
 
CSKA1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Flyerville
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 1,370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucewaynegretzky View Post
If we all ***** enough, REALLY hard, maybe next time Snider walks into Homer's office Homer will say, "Look what happened last time we took YOUR idea. Let me do my job."
Do Snider or Holmgren read HF boards?

CSKA1974 is online now  
Old
01-06-2012, 03:42 PM
  #878
brucewaynegretzky
Registered User
 
brucewaynegretzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: DC
Country: United States
Posts: 101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA1974 View Post
Do Snider or Holmgren read HF boards?
Hey I ***** to whoever will listen man! Hoping for the "trickle up" effect. And to be honest... I wouldn't be surprised if SOMEONE in the organization reads the stuff we post, even if just out of boredom or for laughs. This is the largest hockey message board out there.

brucewaynegretzky is offline  
Old
01-06-2012, 03:43 PM
  #879
CSKA1974
Registered User
 
CSKA1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Flyerville
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 1,370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucewaynegretzky View Post
Hey I ***** to whoever will listen man! Hoping for the "trickle up" effect. And to be honest... I wouldn't be surprised if SOMEONE in the organization reads the stuff we post, even if just out of boredom or for laughs. This is the largest hockey message board out there.
Just do not drive yourself insane in the process, OK?

CSKA1974 is online now  
Old
01-06-2012, 03:45 PM
  #880
brucewaynegretzky
Registered User
 
brucewaynegretzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: DC
Country: United States
Posts: 101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA1974 View Post
Just do not drive yourself insane in the process, OK?
Of course not! It's all in good fun. Talking hockey is one of the most fun things to do. Not gonna drive myself insane having such a good time, and if I do... well it was worth it.

brucewaynegretzky is offline  
Old
01-06-2012, 03:45 PM
  #881
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,847
vCash: 500
Obviously in the grand scheme of things us HF posters are pretty much as irrelevent as Jodie Shelley when it comes to impacting what the Flyers do. However, some people do have pretty good insight.

Having said this..what does matter is what the team thinks of Bryz and how they play in front of him and right now they are playing as though Bryz is an IED back there. Meltzer said as much today and Hartnell's comments about Bryz's "wake up call" support this.....

This is the real issue

Quote:
As for Bryzgalov, I don't know what to say. He made a couple tough stops last night but also allowed two goals he should have stopped. Bryz stands 6-foot-3 but he's making himself look very small in his net and is having trouble staying square to the shoot. The Brent Seabrook goal in particular was a bad one and couldn't have come at a worse time.

I personally don't care all that much that Bryz didn't speak to the media after the game but did find time to watch -- and Tweet about -- the dramatic Sweden-Russia gold medal game at the World Junior Championships last night. I'd rather he be silent than continue to grandstand for the cameras and microphones.

However, I do care that he's not stopping the puck he needs to stop and that the team in front of him has lost confidence in him. He has the ability to reverse all the negative talk about him if he performs at a high level. If he plays the way he has lately, he's actually better off making himself scarce.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-...-1612/45/41092

FreshPerspective is offline  
Old
01-06-2012, 03:47 PM
  #882
brucewaynegretzky
Registered User
 
brucewaynegretzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: DC
Country: United States
Posts: 101
vCash: 500
Well, I mean, the team had no confidence in Leighton, and that was some of the most inspired defensive play I've ever seen from the Flyers. It was like they were just terrified of the other team shooting so they'd jump in front of every puck they could. This could work...

brucewaynegretzky is offline  
Old
01-06-2012, 03:52 PM
  #883
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 39,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucewaynegretzky View Post
Well, I mean, the team had no confidence in Leighton, and that was some of the most inspired defensive play I've ever seen from the Flyers. It was like they were just terrified of the other team shooting so they'd jump in front of every puck they could. This could work...
Indeed, but our players were more defensively capable to begin with back then.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
01-06-2012, 03:54 PM
  #884
brucewaynegretzky
Registered User
 
brucewaynegretzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: DC
Country: United States
Posts: 101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Indeed, but our players were more defensively capable to begin with back then.
The obvious solution is to keep short shifting Couturier.

brucewaynegretzky is offline  
Old
01-06-2012, 04:10 PM
  #885
tuckrr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucewaynegretzky View Post
The obvious solution is to keep short shifting Couturier.
hes being paced. the flyers are doing an excellent job developing sean couturier...theres no need to rush him when we're rolling all 4 lines and scoring!

tuckrr is offline  
Old
01-06-2012, 04:15 PM
  #886
CSKA1974
Registered User
 
CSKA1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Flyerville
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 1,370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
hes being paced. the flyers are doing an excellent job developing sean couturier...theres no need to rush him when we're rolling all 4 lines and scoring!
Plus he just came back from an injury and might not be up to par with his conditioning.

This is his first ever very physically demanding season.

The same firing squad that requests more time for Couts, would shout coaches and Homer for driving him into the ground and not letting him develop if he runs out of gas in 10-15 games.

CSKA1974 is online now  
Old
01-06-2012, 05:53 PM
  #887
Left Circle OneTimer
Registered User
 
Left Circle OneTimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Wells Fargo Center
Posts: 2,081
vCash: 500
In addition to this post: http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=4...7&postcount=38

I would like to share some stats with you guys.


Bryzgalov in his last 9 games in which he faced 220 shots has a save percentage of 87% (191-220)

Bobrovsky in his last 9 games has magically faced the exact same amount of shots but has a save percentage of 94% (207-220). During this stretch he put up a save percentage of 92% (60-65) against the Rangers, 92% (24-26) against Pittsburgh, 94% (16-17) against the Bruins.

Bobrovsky's save percentage should is better than it appear as aside from the 2 games against Winnipeg which as we remember were high scoring games on both sides of the ice for some strange reason, he has a save percentage of 93% on the season in 13 games, 10 of which were against teams with playoff positions (and one where he just had a 3-3 save backup for Bryz). 5 of his games have been played against teams in the top 10 in scoring and he has a save percentage of atleast 92% in each of those games.


Last edited by Left Circle OneTimer: 01-06-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Left Circle OneTimer is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 11:05 AM
  #888
Bluepee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Az
Country: United States
Posts: 67
vCash: 500
Bryzgalov= to Roger Dorn from Major League?

Bluepee is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 11:24 AM
  #889
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Circle OneTimer View Post
In addition to this post: http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=4...7&postcount=38

I would like to share some stats with you guys.


Bryzgalov in his last 9 games in which he faced 220 shots has a save percentage of 87% (191-220)

Bobrovsky in his last 9 games has magically faced the exact same amount of shots but has a save percentage of 94% (207-220). During this stretch he put up a save percentage of 92% (60-65) against the Rangers, 92% (24-26) against Pittsburgh, 94% (16-17) against the Bruins.

Bobrovsky's save percentage should is better than it appear as aside from the 2 games against Winnipeg which as we remember were high scoring games on both sides of the ice for some strange reason, he has a save percentage of 93% on the season in 13 games, 10 of which were against teams with playoff positions (and one where he just had a 3-3 save backup for Bryz). 5 of his games have been played against teams in the top 10 in scoring and he has a save percentage of at least 92% in each of those games.
thanks for putting those numbers together. I think everyone knew Bob has been playing better but not by how much. I'm all for giving Bryz more time but at the same time the Flyers need to keep pace with NYR and BOS. Bryz will probably get the start today and Bob will most likely get the one tomorrow. My question is what if this trend continues over the next two games? How could anyone in good conscience continue to give Bryz the starts?

FlyersFan61290 is online now  
Old
01-07-2012, 11:27 AM
  #890
Xegiie
Registered User
 
Xegiie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Czech republic
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 1,941
vCash: 500
how many of such saves did bryz do in this season?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mUSwI5YedM

and it was just in few matches, well guess i just stopped defending bryz, after watching these saves..

Xegiie is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 11:37 AM
  #891
Flyerfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
Country: England
Posts: 12,440
vCash: 500
i like that goalies "fight" to make saves..

he shows the warrior spirit thats missing from mr. universe..

we need less Ghandi, more Rambo from Bryz.

Flyerfan4life is online now  
Old
01-07-2012, 12:21 PM
  #892
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 14,005
vCash: 500
I will be very lax and measure acceptability by 0.900+ SV% and 3.00- GAA.

Bold are the acceptable performances. Italicized games are too small to count.

BRYZGALOV
Game 27 - W - 0.882 SV% - 04.00 GAA - 30/34
Game 26 - L - 0.688 SV% - 05.00 GAA - 11/16
Game 25 - L - 0.833 SV% - 04.14 GAA - 20/24
Game 24 - O - 0.926 SV% - 01.85 GAA - 25/27
Game 23 - L - 0.750 SV% - 11.11 GAA - 15/20
Game 22 - W - 0.969 SV% - 01.00 GAA - 31/32
Game 21 - W - 0.875 SV% - 02.57 GAA - 14/16
Game 20 - W - 0.926 SV% - 02.00 GAA - 25/27
Game 19 - W - 0.833 SV% - 03.85 GAA - 20/24
Game 18 - W - 0.947 SV% - 02.00 GAA - 36/38
Game 17 - W - 0.864 SV% - 02.84 GAA - 19/22
Game 16 - N - 0.667 SV% - 09.01 GAA - 06/09
Game 15 - L - 0.871 SV% - 04.14 GAA - 27/31
Game 14 - W - 0.968 SV% - 01.00 GAA - 30/31
Game 13 - W - 0.939 SV% - 02.00 GAA - 31/33
Game 12 - O - 0.917 SV% - 01.92 GAA - 22/24
Game 11 - W - 0.943 SV% - 02.00 GAA - 33/35
Game 10 - W - 0.935 SV% - 02.00 GAA - 29/31
Game 09 - W - 0.960 SV% - 01.00 GAA - 24/25

Game 08 - L - 0.600 SV% - 06.88 GAA - 06/10
Game 07 - L - 0.821 SV% - 05.00 GAA - 23/28
Game 06 - L - 0.840 SV% - 04.17 GAA - 21/25
Game 05 - L - 0.821 SV% - 05.00 GAA - 23/28
Game 04 - O - 0.885 SV% - 03.00 GAA - 23/26
Game 03 - W - 0.900 SV% - 04.00 GAA - 36/40
Game 02 - W - 1.000 SV% - 00.00 GAA - 20/20
Game 01 - W - 0.957 SV% - 01.00 GAA - 22/23


11/27 = 41% for Bryzgalov


BOBROVSKY
Game 15 - L - 0.909 SV% - 03.00 GAA - 30/33
Game 14 - W - 0.923 SV% - 02.00 GAA - 24/26
Game 13 - W - 0.968 SV% - 01.00 GAA - 30/31
Game 12 - N - 0.941 SV% - 01.82 GAA - 16/17
Game 11 - W - 0.903 SV% - 03.00 GAA - 28/31

Game 10 - N - 1.000 SV% - 00.00 GAA - 03/03
Game 09 - L - 0.938 SV% - 02.00 GAA - 30/32
Game 08 - W - 0.958 SV% - 01.00 GAA - 23/24
Game 07 - W - 1.000 SV% - 00.00 GAA - 23/23

Game 06 - L - 0.872 SV% - 05.12 GAA - 34/39
Game 05 - W - 0.850 SV% - 03.00 GAA - 17/20
Game 04 - O - 0.923 SV% - 02.77 GAA - 36/39
Game 03 - N - 0.667 SV% - 12.17 GAA - 10/15
Game 02 - W - 0.923 SV% - 02.00 GAA - 24/26
Game 01 - W - 0.913 SV% - 02.00 GAA - 21/23


11/14 = 79% for Bobrovsky


This is a ****ing no-brainer honestly.


Last edited by CS: 01-07-2012 at 01:20 PM.
CS is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 12:55 PM
  #893
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
I will be very lax and measure acceptability by 0.900+ SV% and 3.00- GAA.

Bold are the acceptable performances. Italicized games are too small to count.

BRYZGALOV
Game 27 - W - 0.882 SV% - 04.00 GAA - 30/34
Game 26 - L - 0.688 SV% - 05.00 GAA - 11/16
Game 25 - L - 0.833 SV% - 04.14 GAA - 20/24
Game 24 - O - 0.926 SV% - 01.85 GAA - 25/27
Game 23 - L - 0.750 SV% - 11.11 GAA - 15/20
Game 22 - W - 0.969 SV% - 01.00 GAA - 31/32
Game 21 - W - 0.875 SV% - 02.57 GAA - 14/16
Game 20 - W - 0.926 SV% - 02.00 GAA - 25/27
Game 19 - W - 0.833 SV% - 03.85 GAA - 20/24
Game 18 - W - 0.947 SV% - 02.00 GAA - 36/38
Game 17 - W - 0.864 SV% - 02.84 GAA - 19/22
Game 16 - N - 0.667 SV% - 09.01 GAA - 06/09
Game 15 - L - 0.871 SV% - 04.14 GAA - 27/31
Game 14 - W - 0.968 SV% - 01.00 GAA - 30/31
Game 13 - W - 0.939 SV% - 02.00 GAA - 31/33
Game 12 - O - 0.917 SV% - 01.92 GAA - 22/24
Game 11 - W - 0.943 SV% - 02.00 GAA - 33/35
Game 10 - W - 0.935 SV% - 02.00 GAA - 29/31
Game 09 - W - 0.960 SV% - 01.00 GAA - 24/25

Game 08 - L - 0.600 SV% - 06.88 GAA - 06/10
Game 07 - L - 0.821 SV% - 05.00 GAA - 23/28
Game 06 - L - 0.840 SV% - 04.17 GAA - 21/25
Game 05 - L - 0.821 SV% - 05.00 GAA - 23/28
Game 04 - O - 0.885 SV% - 03.00 GAA - 23/26
Game 03 - W - 0.900 SV% - 04.00 GAA - 36/40
Game 02 - W - 1.000 SV% - 00.00 GAA - 20/20
Game 01 - W - 0.957 SV% - 01.00 GAA - 22/23


10/27 = 37% for Bryzgalov


BOBROVSKY
Game 15 - L - 0.909 SV% - 03.00 GAA - 30/33
Game 14 - W - 0.923 SV% - 02.00 GAA - 24/26
Game 13 - W - 0.968 SV% - 01.00 GAA - 30/31
Game 12 - N - 0.941 SV% - 01.82 GAA - 16/17
Game 11 - W - 0.903 SV% - 03.00 GAA - 28/31

Game 10 - N - 1.000 SV% - 00.00 GAA - 03/03
Game 09 - L - 0.938 SV% - 02.00 GAA - 30/32
Game 08 - W - 0.958 SV% - 01.00 GAA - 23/24
Game 07 - W - 1.000 SV% - 00.00 GAA - 23/23

Game 06 - L - 0.872 SV% - 05.12 GAA - 34/39
Game 05 - W - 0.850 SV% - 03.00 GAA - 17/20
Game 04 - O - 0.923 SV% - 02.77 GAA - 36/39
Game 03 - N - 0.667 SV% - 12.17 GAA - 10/15
Game 02 - W - 0.923 SV% - 02.00 GAA - 24/26
Game 01 - W - 0.913 SV% - 02.00 GAA - 21/23


11/14 = 79% for Bobrovsky


This is a ****ing no-brainer honestly.
Bryz game 20 not counted, he had .926 SV% and 2.00 GAA

FlyersFan61290 is online now  
Old
01-07-2012, 01:19 PM
  #894
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 14,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Bryz game 20 not counted, he had .926 SV% and 2.00 GAA
Oops missed that. Thanks.

CS is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 02:59 PM
  #895
WeekendAtBernies
Registered User
 
WeekendAtBernies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,716
vCash: 500
Bryz absolutely stole the game today... Gigantic save after gigantic save when we needed them.

Well done Bryz!!! I'm starting to believe again!!

WeekendAtBernies is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 03:04 PM
  #896
Ryadem
Registered User
 
Ryadem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 80
vCash: 500
The biggest thing that Bryz has been lacking is confidence. A game like the one he had today has to be a huge confidence booster, especially with some of the humongous saves he made in OT.

Granted, he's had games before where I thought he was going to turn it around and he didn't, but I have a lot stronger feeling about this one. We're getting into the thick of the season and I think he knows it's time to turn it on.

Ryadem is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 03:06 PM
  #897
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 39,332
vCash: 500
Today was something I think all of us needed to see, and more importantly it was something Bryz needed to accomplish. I hope he builds off it.

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 03:09 PM
  #898
Left Circle OneTimer
Registered User
 
Left Circle OneTimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Wells Fargo Center
Posts: 2,081
vCash: 500
Yeah he had a very good game today. Imo theres a few things he needs to work on but he is getting there.

Those things, most importantly, being his rebound control. He tends to drop his rebounds in front of him instead of to the side towards the boards like most top goaltenders in the league do and thats just trouble. He could have had a shutout today had it not been for that. Both his rebounds were dropped right in front of him and capitalized on.

Positioning is another to help prevent those crappy wierd moments where a goal just somehow goes in off his pad or through his shoulder on a bad angle and everybody is wondering where the puck is and then all of a sudden tis in behind him.

And lastly confidence especially when hes down a goal or two he seems to give up and not try anymore.

Left Circle OneTimer is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 03:10 PM
  #899
StandingCow
Registered User
 
StandingCow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 3,585
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Today was something I think all of us needed to see, and more importantly it was something Bryz needed to accomplish. I hope he builds off it.
Yep, today was that glimmer of hope I wanted to see... and it is the first glimmer we have seen.

Hope it is the start of a turnaround for bryz.

StandingCow is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 03:22 PM
  #900
Xegiie
Registered User
 
Xegiie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Czech republic
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 1,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryadem View Post
The biggest thing that Bryz has been lacking is confidence. A game like the one he had today has to be a huge confidence booster, especially with some of the humongous saves he made in OT.

Granted, he's had games before where I thought he was going to turn it around and he didn't, but I have a lot stronger feeling about this one. We're getting into the thick of the season and I think he knows it's time to turn it on.
ye exactly, i believe he is back, this should boost his confidence.. and thats what he needed most

Xegiie is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.