HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 37 | Vancouver Canucks @ Boston Bruins | 1 PM EST | NESN (HD), 98.5 FM

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-06-2012, 04:27 PM
  #251
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!
 
PatriceBergeronFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by convotutor View Post
As a canucks fan I can see why the bruins fans are mad. Im still undecided myself, as I wanted to see luongo play bc I believe he cant play well. But think about why the bruins are so opinionated about this incident. If I was to guess its bc bruins lose either way.

If the bruins win, its against a backup. If they lose, its against a backup. Whereas if the canucks start luongo and bruins win, the bruins reaffirm last yrs win. If the bruins lose, its just another game.

I see why canucks are starting schneider, its a win win either way. Along with the facts of boston being schneider's hometown, hasnt played in a while, big showcase stage for schneider's future trade value, 10 am pst start time etc.

Either way I would be lying if I say that I wasnt looking forward to this game hoping luongo shutout the bruins

Im hoping for a good exciting game!
More like, if Luongo starts, the Bruins fans in attendance will be able to have that much more fun.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline  
Old
01-06-2012, 04:28 PM
  #252
Boston BROin
Marchand makes u mad
 
Boston BROin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 5,404
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Boston BROin Send a message via Yahoo to Boston BROin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turk 16 View Post
I like Cory Schneider. Mass. boy, he was great at BC, and I hope he gets to be a full-time starter in the NHL.
I hate Schneider. I've hated him since college. *I'm a BU Alum.

No way Tuukka gets this start. Thomas wants it and Thomas will get it.

Boston BROin is offline  
Old
01-06-2012, 04:33 PM
  #253
Wetcoaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Out There
Posts: 54,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
Based on the playoffs, it's pretty informed.
And based upon other series, tournaments and games it is not.

Wetcoaster is offline  
Old
01-06-2012, 04:36 PM
  #254
rfournier103
Registered User
 
rfournier103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 359
vCash: 500
There's NO way the Bruins don't come out fired up tomorrow. For two teams that almost never see each other, they sure built up alot of hatred in only 7 games. Hoping for a clean game with no injuries (to anyone) and a convincing Bruins win! Also, I thought Schneider played very well in his relief appearances in the finals. Hopefully the Bruins can get to him early!

rfournier103 is offline  
Old
01-06-2012, 04:41 PM
  #255
Artemis
Took the red pill
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: United States
Posts: 18,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cursednumber6 View Post
Eh, I understand that you want to see Rask but that is not going to happen. Thomas is still the man, while Rask can still be leaky at times...(Yes I know 1 goal in 200 plus minutes but that was against teams that hardly challenged him). It would be interesting but not happening....It will happen next year or certainly the year after I would bet.
Save percentage:

1. Rask .949
2. Thomas .940
3. Elliott .938
4. Lundqvist .937
5. Harding .935

Goals against:

1. Rask 1.49
2. Elliott 1.70
3. Thomas 1.90
4. Lundqvist 1.92
5. Quick 1.95

Shutouts:

1. Quick 6 (34 games)
2. Elliott 4 (20 games)
3. Thomas 4 (25 games)
4. Howard 4 (34 games)
5. Rask 3 (14 games)

Rask averages 30 shots against per game. If you want to credit the Bruins defense for surrendering shots that "hardly challenge" him, you must do the same for Thomas.

Leaky.

Artemis is offline  
Old
01-06-2012, 04:43 PM
  #256
thepuckmonster
on the decline
 
thepuckmonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfournier103 View Post
There's NO way the Bruins don't come out fired up tomorrow. For two teams that almost never see each other, they sure built up alot of hatred in only 7 games. Hoping for a clean game with no injuries (to anyone) and a convincing Bruins win! Also, I thought Schneider played very well in his relief appearances in the finals. Hopefully the Bruins can get to him early!
Cheers to that! Schneider is a wall, but not unbeatable. I assume he'll really have a stand up game being able to play in front of his loved ones. It's always a treat to see him play.

thepuckmonster is offline  
Old
01-06-2012, 04:45 PM
  #257
JurassicTunga
Registered User
 
JurassicTunga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,081
vCash: 575
Go Bruins!

JurassicTunga is online now  
Old
01-06-2012, 04:46 PM
  #259
Dojji*
Fight the Hate
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 16,821
vCash: 500
They're the Colts. particularly pre-06.

Dojji* is offline  
Old
01-06-2012, 04:50 PM
  #260
thepuckmonster
on the decline
 
thepuckmonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,654
vCash: 500
I'm sure you guys are really tired of me posting, but I'm stoked to be in Boston and I think the posters in here can appreciate the city love.

Despite wearing my Bieksa NHL tee, I only got a little bit of good natured ribbing during lunch. I got a lot of people asking me about the Canucks in a positive way. I was worried that I'd get some poor reception, but anyone I've spoken to has been great.

I just wanted to say that I wasn't a big fan of Boston in June, but your city (and even a lot of posters on this board) have really changed my opinion. You guys are so passionate about your team and support them so strongly, I can't help but admire your dedication.

This Canucks fan is very impressed!

thepuckmonster is offline  
Old
01-06-2012, 04:53 PM
  #261
nitric
German Engineering
 
nitric's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,715
vCash: 500
TIMMAH
In Thomas we trust



nitric is offline  
Old
01-06-2012, 04:54 PM
  #262
Artemis
Took the red pill
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: United States
Posts: 18,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cursednumber6 View Post
Sorry not a Rask guy.....I think the small sample size against easier competition exxagerate's Rask's, numbers. He did well against Detroit I will give him that when he does this over about 35-40 games against superior competition then I might get on the bandwagon with Rask.
Rask, 2009-10

45 games
22 wins
1.97 GAA
.931 save percentage
5 shutouts

Artemis is offline  
Old
01-06-2012, 04:57 PM
  #263
nitric
German Engineering
 
nitric's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
I'm sure you guys are really tired of me posting, but I'm stoked to be in Boston and I think the posters in here can appreciate the city love.

Despite wearing my Bieksa NHL tee, I only got a little bit of good natured ribbing during lunch. I got a lot of people asking me about the Canucks in a positive way. I was worried that I'd get some poor reception, but anyone I've spoken to has been great.

I just wanted to say that I wasn't a big fan of Boston in June, but your city (and even a lot of posters on this board) have really changed my opinion. You guys are so passionate about your team and support them so strongly, I can't help but admire your dedication.

This Canucks fan is very impressed!
Your in Boston?? Cool, have fun! I assume you are here to go to the game?? Hope that you only get joking at the game as well, and if people do heckle you they will likely be like 20-year old kids wearing "Lucic Crew" tshirts, so yeah don't take them seriously. lol

Boston is a cool place, if you are here for a long time and have a car, I would suggest driving to Salem, MA. It's my favorite place... lot's of cool stuff about the Salem witch trials there. If you have the time and are looking to sight see. Unfortunately the weather sucks at the moment, its just cold, which I am sure you are used to. You missed the leaves by a couple months

nitric is offline  
Old
01-06-2012, 04:59 PM
  #264
thepuckmonster
on the decline
 
thepuckmonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitric View Post
Your in Boston?? Cool, have fun! I assume you are here to go to the game?? Hope that you only get joking at the game as well, and if people do heckle you they will likely be like 20-year old kids wearing "Lucic Crew" tshirts, so yeah don't take them seriously. lol

Boston is a cool place, if you are here for a long time and have a car, I would suggest driving to Salem, MA. It's my favorite place... lot's of cool stuff about the Salem witch trials there.
I am here for the game, yes. I got tickets as a birthday/Christmas gift from my family, since I was in Ontario for the last 2 weeks anyhow.

Ahh, Lucic crew. That's hilarious. I guess Boston has the same issue with puckbunnies as Vancouver does. I can't count how many times I've read "Bieksa- you can boom boom me" on signs in the lower bowl in Rogers Arena. It's embarrassing as a female hockey fan.

thepuckmonster is offline  
Old
01-06-2012, 05:01 PM
  #265
Rooooooooooxxxanne*
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,899
vCash: 500
Good luck tomorrow guys! You'll need it against Schneider!

Rooooooooooxxxanne* is offline  
Old
01-06-2012, 05:03 PM
  #266
bruinswincup
Black&Gold4ever!!!!!
 
bruinswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Hampshire
Country: United States
Posts: 1,784
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to bruinswincup Send a message via Skype™ to bruinswincup
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
I am here for the game, yes. I got tickets as a birthday/Christmas gift from my family, since I was in Ontario for the last 2 weeks anyhow.

Ahh, Lucic crew. That's hilarious. I guess Boston has the same issue with puckbunnies as Vancouver does. I can't count how many times I've read "Bieksa- you can boom boom me" on signs in the lower bowl in Rogers Arena. It's embarrassing as a female hockey fan.
You need to do the freedom trail in Boston if you have more time there. Takes you through some of the best historical sights in the city.

bruinswincup is offline  
Old
01-06-2012, 05:03 PM
  #267
Niz Bruin
Registered User
 
Niz Bruin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 1,625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
I am here for the game, yes. I got tickets as a birthday/Christmas gift from my family, since I was in Ontario for the last 2 weeks anyhow.

Ahh, Lucic crew. That's hilarious. I guess Boston has the same issue with puckbunnies as Vancouver does. I can't count how many times I've read "Bieksa- you can boom boom me" on signs in the lower bowl in Rogers Arena. It's embarrassing as a female hockey fan.
Ahh now I get why your family is full of Leafs fans.

Niz Bruin is offline  
Old
01-06-2012, 05:06 PM
  #268
thepuckmonster
on the decline
 
thepuckmonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niz Bruin View Post
Ahh now I get why your family is full of Leafs fans.
Yeah, my uncle is planning on wearing his Kessel jersey to the game tomorrow.

We might not have won the cup last year, but at least Vancouver knows what the playoffs are like

thepuckmonster is offline  
Old
01-06-2012, 05:08 PM
  #269
nitric
German Engineering
 
nitric's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
Yeah, my uncle is planning on wearing his Kessel jersey to the game tomorrow.

We might not have won the cup last year, but at least Vancouver knows what the playoffs are like
HAHA! A Leaf fan in a Kessel jersey with a Vancouver fan.. now you guys will be a sight to see tomorrow lol! jk

Hope you have fun

nitric is offline  
Old
01-06-2012, 05:08 PM
  #270
thepuckmonster
on the decline
 
thepuckmonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seedsofevil View Post
You need to do the freedom trail in Boston if you have more time there. Takes you through some of the best historical sights in the city.
Yeah, I'm here until the 8th in the evening. I read about that online, definitely something I want to check out.

I'm from Victoria (a city with really great historical architecture and history), but even my Vancouver Island homerism can't compare to Boston. It's ****ing beautiful. Pardon my French.

thepuckmonster is offline  
Old
01-06-2012, 05:09 PM
  #271
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!
 
PatriceBergeronFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
Yeah, my uncle is planning on wearing his Kessel jersey to the game tomorrow.

We might not have won the cup last year, but at least Vancouver knows what the playoffs are like
Must have been pricey tickets, hope you still have fun even when the final is 9-0 after the 1st period, and the Bruins are 6-0 in fights!

PatriceBergeronFan is offline  
Old
01-06-2012, 05:13 PM
  #272
thepuckmonster
on the decline
 
thepuckmonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitric View Post
HAHA! A Leaf fan in a Kessel jersey with a Vancouver fan.. now you guys will be a sight to see tomorrow lol! jk

Hope you have fun
I'm not going to wear my jersey, since I was able to get autographs this afternoon.

Though my uncle did buy me a Bruins home jersey, I might wear that because I wanted it to add to my SCF memorabilia. Plus it's just a really sharp jersey.

thepuckmonster is offline  
Old
01-06-2012, 05:13 PM
  #273
Rooooooooooxxxanne*
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
Yeah, my uncle is planning on wearing his Kessel jersey to the game tomorrow.

We might not have won the cup last year, but at least Vancouver knows what the playoffs are like
Goodnight sweet prince.

Rooooooooooxxxanne* is offline  
Old
01-06-2012, 05:15 PM
  #274
bruinswincup
Black&Gold4ever!!!!!
 
bruinswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Hampshire
Country: United States
Posts: 1,784
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to bruinswincup Send a message via Skype™ to bruinswincup
Only thing I hate about the garden is you have to be 25 to buy beer (If you're from out of state).

My cousin was 23 and they let it slide because he showed them a military ID.

bruinswincup is offline  
Old
01-06-2012, 05:18 PM
  #275
thepuckmonster
on the decline
 
thepuckmonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seedsofevil View Post
Only thing I hate about the garden is you have to be 25 to buy beer (If you're from out of state).

My cousin was 23 and they let it slide because he showed them a military ID.
Ah dang. It's my 23 birthday today. Oh well, I don't like to drink at the games anyway, I'd rather be alert and be able to watch everything.

I get to sit behind Timmay Thomas for 2 periods and I'm stoked. I love that guy and his story and everything. Plus that speed skating competition last year at the ASG against Ward really solidified it. When I went to game 2 during the finals last year I hung out by where the Bruins bus unloaded. Him and Lucic signed my program, and Thomas actually talked to me for about 2 minutes. He seems to really appreciate his fans, I love it.

thepuckmonster is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.