Notices

Game 37 | Vancouver Canucks @ Boston Bruins | 1 PM EST | NESN (HD), 98.5 FM

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2012, 05:18 PM
nitric
German Engineering

vCash: 500
^^ Tell me about it, it sucks, I have a RI ID and just turned 25 last March. Was born in Boston and lived there for almost 15 years.. but can't buy a drink at the Garden. Lucky a lot of my friends are older, so I would send them up to get me drinks

Old
01-06-2012, 05:21 PM
8spokesontheB
Cry Havoc!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitric View Post
^^ Tell me about it, it sucks, I have a RI ID and just turned 25 last March. Was born in Boston and lived there for almost 15 years.. but can't buy a drink at the Garden. Lucky a lot of my friends are older, so I would send them up to get me drinks
That's weird. I never have a problem using my VT i.d.

Old
01-06-2012, 05:21 PM
thepuckmonster
on the decline

Quote:
I'm going to tell on you!

Old
01-06-2012, 05:22 PM
jgatie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
Yeah, I'm here until the 8th in the evening. I read about that online, definitely something I want to check out.

I'm from Victoria (a city with really great historical architecture and history), but even my Vancouver Island homerism can't compare to Boston. It's ****ing beautiful. Pardon my French.
Definitely do the Freedom Trail. It doesn't cost anything, just find the begining and follow the red line. Each site is clearly marked. Also, get over to the Common/Public Gardens and see the pond. No swanboats in the winter, but it's still nice, and the Make Way For Ducklings statues are a must have picture opportunity. Also, to combine history and shopping, go to Faneuil Hall (which is part of the Freedom Trail). It's one of the first marketplaces in the New World, and was the site for many speeches of the independnce movement. It also houses the oldest restaraunt in the US, home of incomparable New England style food, Durgin-Park. Banquet seating, dark wodden paneling, old rusty pipes in the ceiling, and even older, more crotchety waitresses who will give you hell if you don't sit, order, or eat to their exacting standards. Get the pot roast, you won't be sorry.

Old
01-06-2012, 05:22 PM
NoShowWilly

Quote:
I'm not going to wear my jersey, since I was able to get autographs this afternoon.

Though my uncle did buy me a Bruins home jersey, I might wear that because I wanted it to add to my SCF memorabilia. Plus it's just a really sharp jersey.
boooooo! i don't care that you have a bruins jersey but to wear that against your team in boston's barn is a major foul in my books.

was just lurking but had to comment on this. btw, Happy Birthday.

Old
01-06-2012, 05:23 PM
bruinswincup
Black&Gold4ever!!!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to bruinswincup Send a message via Skype™ to bruinswincup
Quote:
It's bad enough that you can be 18 and fight and possible die for your country but you cant drink. Having it be 25 at an arena is just an absolute joke.

Old
01-06-2012, 05:25 PM
Niz Bruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedsofevil View Post
It's bad enough that you can be 18 and fight and possible die for your country but you cant drink. Having it be 25 at an arena is just an absolute joke.
Come down here you can drink, vote, fight and die for your country - all at the ripe old age of 18.

We don't have much hockey though

Old
01-06-2012, 05:25 PM
thepuckmonster
on the decline

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoShowWilly View Post
boooooo! i don't care that you have a bruins jersey but to wear that against your team in boston's barn is a major foul in my books.

Well to be fair (and I hope no other Canucks fan reads this because they won't let me live it down), Boston was (still is, close with Philly) my favourite East Coast team. It's a secret. The Finals were really exciting and hard at the same time, because I liked both teams.

I never said that.

Old
01-06-2012, 05:26 PM
bruinswincup
Black&Gold4ever!!!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to bruinswincup Send a message via Skype™ to bruinswincup
Quote:
Ah dang. It's my 23 birthday today. Oh well, I don't like to drink at the games anyway, I'd rather be alert and be able to watch everything.

I get to sit behind Timmay Thomas for 2 periods and I'm stoked. I love that guy and his story and everything. Plus that speed skating competition last year at the ASG against Ward really solidified it. When I went to game 2 during the finals last year I hung out by where the Bruins bus unloaded. Him and Lucic signed my program, and Thomas actually talked to me for about 2 minutes. He seems to really appreciate his fans, I love it.
There are a few dive bars across from the garden, I wouldn't recommend it wearing a Canuck jersey though. I'm sure those in there will be pretty lit even at an early game.

Old
01-06-2012, 05:27 PM
bigcat188

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoShowWilly View Post

Don't worry about it we got room on the bandwagon for one more,have fun at the game

Old
01-06-2012, 05:27 PM
nitric
German Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8spokesontheB View Post
That's weird. I never have a problem using my VT i.d.
Only when I was under 25 they wouldn't serve me, now I am 25 so no problem

Old
01-06-2012, 05:30 PM
Jonathan17
Trollface!

Do I want goals or blood tomorrow? I really can't decide...

What is it with all these reasonable 'Nucks fans ruining the GDT for me? You're making it harder to keep my hate level at 11...

Old
01-06-2012, 05:33 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 50
Hey guys,

Maybe this is a plan for cory to absolutely raise his trade value to an entire new level, if he puts on a show against boston.

and if he gets destroyed, it's fine also because they can use the "oh its boston" excuse.

I am a bit pissed off luongo is not playing, I don't get it, this is the perfect time to either slay the "demons" or not.

Good luck tomorrow, lets enjoy the nice chat from both fanbases for at least another day till the game starts lol

Old
01-06-2012, 05:34 PM
thepuckmonster
on the decline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan17 View Post

What is it with all these reasonable 'Nucks fans ruining the GDT for me? You're making it harder to keep my hate level at 11...
Oh there's plenty irrational ones for you to get cranky at. Some fans just can't let it go.

Personally, I try to be good on the boards. Though the main boards can be intolerable sometimes, I really respect a lot of the Bruins regulars. You guys know your stuff.

Old
01-06-2012, 05:35 PM
jgatie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan17 View Post

Just look at a picture of Burrows and Yappy Lappy, your blood will boil in no time.

Old
01-06-2012, 05:39 PM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

Quote:
Oh there's plenty irrational ones for you to get cranky at. Some fans just can't let it go.

Personally, I try to be good on the boards. Though the main boards can be intolerable sometimes, I really respect a lot of the Bruins regulars. You guys know your stuff.
I gave up on the main boards a long time ago, can't say I blame you either.

Old
01-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Boston BROin
Marchand makes u mad

Send a message via AIM to Boston BROin Send a message via Yahoo to Boston BROin
Quote:
There are a few dive bars across from the garden, I wouldn't recommend it wearing a Canuck jersey though. I'm sure those in there will be pretty lit even at an early game.
This man speaks the truth. Drinking will start at 11 tomorrow. Head to the Greatest or Sully's. I will be there in Bruin's jersey, scarf and hat. I will also be chirping Canuck fans. Come say 'Hi!'

*My chirping is never nasty or personal. More creative and funny.

Old
01-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Quote:

I wonder how HF boards would be like if they just got rid of the main boards all together lol

Old
01-06-2012, 05:41 PM
thepuckmonster
on the decline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston BROin View Post
This man speaks the truth. Drinking will start at 11 tomorrow. I will also be chirping Canuck fans.

Your chirping is awesome, this is fact.

I know I'm in the minority, so I plan on playing by the 'rules'.

Old
01-06-2012, 05:41 PM
bruinswincup
Black&Gold4ever!!!!!

Quote:
This man speaks the truth. Drinking will start at 11 tomorrow. I will also be chirping Canuck fans.

I went to the Thrashers last game in Boston last season. We stopped in the Penalty Box at 10:30 AM and there were already about 7-8 people hammered drunk.

I repeat...The Thrashers.

Old
01-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

Quote:
Ah dang. It's my 23 birthday today. Oh well, I don't like to drink at the games anyway, I'd rather be alert and be able to watch everything.
You have a passport though so that's fine. They only give people crap about it for out of state ID's. It makes zero sense, and is incredibly stupid.

Old
01-06-2012, 05:43 PM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

Quote:
I went to the Thrashers last game in Boston last season. We stopped in the Penalty Box at 10:30 AM and there were already about 7-8 people hammered drunk.

I repeat...The Thrashers.
Penalty. Box. That's all you need to know haha.

Old
01-06-2012, 05:44 PM
bruinswincup
Black&Gold4ever!!!!!

Just seeing this again is going to make me buy a Thomas SC jersey

Old
01-06-2012, 05:51 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
This man speaks the truth. Drinking will start at 11 tomorrow. Head to the Greatest or Sully's. I will be there in Bruin's jersey, scarf and hat. I will also be chirping Canuck fans. Come say 'Hi!'

11:00? Rookie.

Old
01-06-2012, 05:56 PM
thepuckmonster
on the decline

So, should I rally to my uncle to take me to this Penalty Box bar? I imagine if he wears his Kessel jersey, he'll get all the flack. haha.

Random story, I don't know if you guys care but I thought it was funny: I was in Toronto with my uncle a couple days before New Years and we went to a sports bar so I could watch the Canucks vs Anaheim game. I wore my jersey and some drunk Leafs fan came up to me and proceeded to tell me in great detail about how the Leafs are going to win it all in 2012. And then he tried to start a 'Kessel is better than Kesler' argument. Needless to say I was all sorts of 'o____O'.

I don't get all the Bruins fan hate, Leafs fans are about 50000x times more irritating and unbearable.

Closed Thread