HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Roster Talk '12 — Sweden

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-05-2012, 04:27 PM
  #51
jfc64
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,123
vCash: 500
I see two problems:

Our defense might be many smaller, playing players. Karlsson, Enström, Johansson, Ekman-Larsson etc. And a few bigger players that have unfullfilled potential when it comes to shutting down (defense). Ekholm, Kronwall S, Larsson etc.

What might be a solution to this industrialized world problem is that we might get players this time that we didn't have the last few years. I'm thinking Viktor Hedman, Niklas Hjalmarsson and Henrik Tallinder. All those are needed for a chance to win. Every country will be stronger this year than the last. Stanley Cup, second round ends 10th of may.

The second problem is that we could go for a team that has strong players at (almost) every position. But which players will we chose that could grow into real good ones as the tournament goes on? Järnkrok is a strong candidate.


Last edited by jfc64: 02-12-2012 at 06:33 AM.
jfc64 is offline  
Old
01-06-2012, 04:17 PM
  #52
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo
 
TheFatOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,374
vCash: 500
jfc64



Jimmie Ericsson on checkingline? Why? He is old and soft. Fast young powerforward like Zibanejad would be much better option.

TheFatOne is offline  
Old
01-06-2012, 04:22 PM
  #53
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo
 
TheFatOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21 View Post
A lot of these players are questionable... playing for teams which may reach NHL playoffs and do fairly well.


WC starts 4 May.

TheFatOne is offline  
Old
01-06-2012, 05:58 PM
  #54
FinRuutu
Red Wins
 
FinRuutu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Helsinki
Country: Finland
Posts: 4,413
vCash: 50
Heija Swedes.

Is there still lots of refusals when Swede hockey players are asked to join? I know (from Finnish media) that you guys have had that problem before. Of course every nation has some but there was this one year few years back that almost every NHL Swede refused to join the team. ( I can't remember the year.)

Another question; Are the Red Wings players underrated in Sweden because of the fact that they don't usually if ever play in WC? It's the case with Filppula and I know it was the case with Datsyuk with Russians before Olympics.

FinRuutu is online now  
Old
01-06-2012, 07:52 PM
  #55
LiveeviL
No unique points
 
LiveeviL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Jämtland, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,372
vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinRuutu View Post
Heija Swedes.

Is there still lots of refusals when Swede hockey players are asked to join? I know (from Finnish media) that you guys have had that problem before. Of course every nation has some but there was this one year few years back that almost every NHL Swede refused to join the team. ( I can't remember the year.)

Another question; Are the Red Wings players underrated in Sweden because of the fact that they don't usually if ever play in WC? It's the case with Filppula and I know it was the case with Datsyuk with Russians before Olympics.

I think that the refusals has changed a bit now. the new staff is much more active in its contacts with NHL players, while BÅG basically didn't give a **** and had to reap his reward of lukewarm players.

I do not know for sure about Detroit players, but certainly it is true to a certain extent. I would say that most Swedes hold Forsberg as a better player than Lidström (I actually do, but that is another story), just because Forsberg did tear it up in SEL before going to NHL; the Lillehammer gold did contribute a tad bit too of course.

LiveeviL is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 05:37 PM
  #56
jfc64
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
jfc64

Jimmie Ericsson on checkingline? Why? He is old and soft. Fast young powerforward like Zibanejad would be much better option.
Ericsson is proven (last WC) and he has an even better season now. Soft? Together with Landeskog and Lundqvist they will provide lot of things necessary on a fourth line that will fill a role on a team. I wonder how soon Zibby will be ready for senior hockey at this level, though. Might be real soon.

jfc64 is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 07:06 PM
  #57
Coramoor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 453
vCash: 500
St Louis is looking good for the playoffs this year, so I wouldn't count on steen or berglund. As for the reason North Americans don't care, SC plus Americans don't really care about WC only olympics, and while in Canada we'll cheer for them and watch, there are no expectations because our top players are generally still tied up in the playoffs, much more so then any european nation, it's the reason we ignore the world rankings, sure we lost in the quarters, but it was a young talented team we wanted to get experience on the international stage, against a Russian team that really wanted to win. it was the same in 2010 wc

The new format is weird this year is it actually 7 games in the rr, then quarters semis and finals, all in 16 days, that seems fast

Coramoor is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 10:27 PM
  #58
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfc64 View Post
I wonder how soon Zibby will be ready for senior hockey at this level, though. Might be real soon.
His coach in Ottawa wanted to keep him for the season and had to be convinced it was best for him. Offensively it was, defensively the coach had no problem putting him out against anyone. Being his size and skating as well as he does...he can play at this level now.

The question is do you have better players for the role.

Another thing worthy of consideration...the relationship between Karlsson and Alfredsson is a meaningful one, IF they ever want to play for the country together...they'd be wise to do it this season. Alfie's healthier this year than he's been in years.

Minister of Offence is offline  
Old
01-08-2012, 07:45 PM
  #59
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 16,686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coramoor View Post
St Louis is looking good for the playoffs this year, so I wouldn't count on steen or berglund. As for the reason North Americans don't care, SC plus Americans don't really care about WC only olympics, and while in Canada we'll cheer for them and watch, there are no expectations because our top players are generally still tied up in the playoffs, much more so then any european nation, it's the reason we ignore the world rankings, sure we lost in the quarters, but it was a young talented team we wanted to get experience on the international stage, against a Russian team that really wanted to win. it was the same in 2010 wc

The new format is weird this year is it actually 7 games in the rr, then quarters semis and finals, all in 16 days, that seems fast
World Champs starts a tad later this year though, playoffs is not enough to "miss it" you have to win a series aswell.

And the best Swedish players are always in the playoffs, too. Detroit and Vancouver, you know.

joe89 is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 05:12 PM
  #60
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo
 
TheFatOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfc64 View Post
Ericsson is proven (last WC) and he has an even better season now. Soft? Together with Landeskog and Lundqvist they will provide lot of things necessary on a fourth line that will fill a role on a team. I wonder how soon Zibby will be ready for senior hockey at this level, though. Might be real soon.


Jimmie Ericsson is not very physical. Much rather see guys like Larsson, Zibanejad, Jämtin, Pettersson, Sjögren, Sjöström in his place. Zibanejad (and Larsson) i think are ready for WC. Atleast on Fourth line..


Last edited by landskronala: 02-07-2012 at 05:18 PM.
TheFatOne is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 05:15 PM
  #61
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo
 
TheFatOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,374
vCash: 500
In hockey talk show "Late Night Elite" has expert Niklas Wikegård every week taken out a new player who he thinks deserves a place in the Tre Kronor World Cup squad this spring.

So far he has picked out 6 players.



Jimmie Ericsson

Viktor Fasth

Joel Lundqvist

Jakob Silfverberg

Calle Järnkrok

Andreas Jämtin


Last edited by landskronala: 02-15-2012 at 05:10 PM.
TheFatOne is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 05:16 PM
  #62
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country
 
Systemfel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,647
vCash: 50
Don't think that Järnkrok would contribute much in a bottom-line role. He's not ready to be a top-2 line player.

Systemfel is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 07:32 PM
  #63
jfc64
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,123
vCash: 500
Is roster 25 players?

Eriksson Bäckström Alfredsson / Hörnqvist
Steen Mårtensson Weinhandl
Thörnberg Järnkrok Silfverberg
Andersson Lundqvist Ericsson
Söderberg

Karlsson Enström
Ekman-Larsson Hedman
Tallinder Larsson
Hjalmarsson Kronwall S
Ekholm

Enroth Fasth Gustavsson Lindbäck

jfc64 is offline  
Old
02-12-2012, 09:32 AM
  #64
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country
 
Systemfel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,647
vCash: 50
I really hope that Sjögren doesn't make it. He's just so meh, not really good in any particular area. I don't know why he's getting to play with Järnkrok and Silfverberg at the Oddset Games.

Systemfel is offline  
Old
02-13-2012, 09:42 PM
  #65
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo
 
TheFatOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfc64 View Post
Is roster 25 players?

Eriksson Bäckström Alfredsson / Hörnqvist
Steen Mårtensson Weinhandl
Thörnberg Järnkrok Silfverberg
Andersson Lundqvist Ericsson
Söderberg

Karlsson Enström
Ekman-Larsson Hedman
Tallinder Larsson
Hjalmarsson Kronwall S
Ekholm

Enroth Fasth Gustavsson Lindbäck


Team to Czech hockey games.



Thörnberg - Persson - J Ericsson
Larsson - Järnkrok - Silfverberg
Zibanejad - Söderberg - Danielsson
Jämtin - Lundqvist - Pettersson


Kronwall - Ekholm
Bäckman - Wallin
Frögren - Brodin



Fasth
Gustavsson

TheFatOne is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 07:31 AM
  #66
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country
 
Systemfel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,647
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
Team to Czech hockey games.

Thörnberg - Persson - J Ericsson
Larsson - Järnkrok - Silfverberg
Zibanejad - Söderberg - Danielsson
Jämtin - Lundqvist - Pettersson

Kronwall - Ekholm
Bäckman - Wallin
Frögren - Brodin

Fasth
Gustavsson
No need to bring along some of those SELers. The NHL will finish its regular season on April 7, 19 days prior to the CHG.

Systemfel is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 11:12 AM
  #67
LiveeviL
No unique points
 
LiveeviL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Jämtland, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,372
vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
No need to bring along some of those SELers. The NHL will finish its regular season on April 7, 19 days prior to the CHG.
Teams who goes out first round is ok then, but not those who goes to the second round (say 13 days for a 7 game round).

LiveeviL is offline  
Old
02-19-2012, 04:59 AM
  #68
jfc64
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,123
vCash: 500
Don't save the gumbo shrimps.


Last edited by jfc64: 04-14-2012 at 02:31 AM.
jfc64 is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 09:02 AM
  #69
SChan*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 7,502
vCash: 500
Par marts should give Landeskog a spot. The guy is having a fantastic rookie season for a 19 year old, and is a very tough player.

Let me guess, he chooses a SEL washup before him.

SChan* is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 04:33 PM
  #70
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo
 
TheFatOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firenze View Post
Par marts should give Landeskog a spot. The guy is having a fantastic rookie season for a 19 year old, and is a very tough player.

Let me guess, he chooses a SEL washup before him.





"he is to young, to physical, to unproven, we have better players, dosent fit on big ice" etc.


I hate swedish coaches.

TheFatOne is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 04:57 PM
  #71
WayneBruce
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,270
vCash: 500
Naah, Landeskog is a 100% lock this year I think. He is definitely one of the better swedes in the NHL right now. I personally want him, Karlsson and Backstrom more than anyone in the WJC if the nucks and wings can´t make it there. Berglund and Franzen are two other favorites.

WayneBruce is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:16 AM
  #72
Teus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lund
Country: Sweden
Posts: 812
vCash: 500
After reading about another commercial fail by TV4, I'm worried that the World Championship will be unbearable to watch. Viasat got a bad rep for the same reasons, but I think they have gotten so much better with the timing on the commercial breaks. TV4 is just horrible.

Teus is offline  
Old
03-03-2012, 06:50 AM
  #73
Hockeyfrilla
Registered User
 
Hockeyfrilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,635
vCash: 500
How much do you guys care about WC? I rather see swedes go far in the Stanley Cup playoffs tbh.

Hockeyfrilla is online now  
Old
03-03-2012, 06:59 AM
  #74
MrGoneWild
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: Sweden
Posts: 49
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
"he is to young, to physical, to unproven, we have better players, dosent fit on big ice" etc.


I hate swedish coaches.
Mårts is not afraid to bring in young ppl Landeskog if available will be there 100%

MrGoneWild is offline  
Old
03-03-2012, 07:11 AM
  #75
Hybbe
Registered User
 
Hybbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,103
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post
How much do you guys care about WC? I rather see swedes go far in the Stanley Cup playoffs tbh.
I like the WC, it's a nice tournament, but I wouldn't mind seeing Rangers vs. Ottawa and Detroit vs. Vancouver in the conference finals.

Hybbe is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.