HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap Part 3

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2012, 06:32 PM
aquablue

vCash: 500
Imagine Getzlaf playing with Semin and MoJo, or Semin and Kuzya? Wow. I'd be ok with trading Green if we could see this.

Green, Mojo and our first? or Green, Schulze and Col. 1?

Old
01-06-2012, 06:37 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Getzlaf's not happening this season. Too much salary to move around for it to happen. In the offseason, it's a possibility. Something derived from Green for Getzlaf would be interesting, though I suspect Murray will want a bunch of young pieces for him. Seems to me the DUcks biggest problem this year is their lack of depth and goaltending.

I'd trade a combination of Johansson, Eakin, Neuvirth and futures (plus some salary going back) in a second, and I'm as big of a Johansson fan as there is.

Getzlaf either next to Ovechkin or away from the tougher defensive matchups might be just what he needs to get going again.

The only issue I see getting him is that the Caps would also need another finisher (assuming Semin's allowed to walk this summer). Unless they, by some miracle, land Parise, there aren't a lot of options on the UFA market.

How would people feel about this? (in the summer)

Johansson
Eakin
Schultz
Washington's 1st

for

Getzlaf

Old
01-06-2012, 06:39 PM
Mothra

Green hasnt been the player people keep talking about since the President Trophy season.....and has never been great in the playoffs. His series against Philly he was terrible with the puck even though he put up some points....He was good last season for 1 series then gets hurt. Other than that he hasnt been a spring time player at all

Detroit didnt start winning Cups again until they moved Coffey and brought in Shanahan....this idea you need some slick skating D is one I dont agree with. You need some guys that can skate and pass the puck out of the zone and play the point on the PP.....he doesnt have to wear 52....and until he starts playing every game and putting up points, youre talking about 09-10

also...to me he is becoming the definition of injury prone. The fact that the injuries arent related is kind of the problem....its always something....and he doesnt seem like the kind of player that can be productive when not close to 100%....either it impacts his game too much or he just cant play through things....or a combo of that

Old
01-06-2012, 06:40 PM
txpd

i am not drooling over getzlaf but if they need a new finisher to replace semin isnt kuz the guy pencilled in for that?

Old
01-06-2012, 06:44 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Building on my post above, that trade would leave the team with the following lineup next year (only using players under the Caps control in 2012-23):

Ovechkin-Getzlaf-Brouwer
Laich-Backstrom-Kuznetsov
Chimera-Beagle-Ward
Hendricks-Perrault-Potulny

Alzner-Carlson
Hamrlik-Green
Erskine-Orlov

Holtby
Neuvirth

Obviously, a few more acquisitions would have to occur to make the team deep enough, but bringing back Halpern, getting a top-6 F, and another defenseman would do the trick.

Old
01-06-2012, 06:46 PM
Capitlols

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Getzlaf's not happening this season. Too much salary to move around for it to happen. In the offseason, it's a possibility. Something derived from Green for Getzlaf would be interesting, though I suspect Murray will want a bunch of young pieces for him. Seems to me the DUcks biggest problem this year is their lack of depth and goaltending.

I'd trade a combination of Johansson, Eakin, Neuvirth and futures (plus some salary going back) in a second, and I'm as big of a Johansson fan as there is.

Getzlaf either next to Ovechkin or away from the tougher defensive matchups might be just what he needs to get going again.

The only issue I see getting him is that the Caps would also need another finisher (assuming Semin's allowed to walk this summer). Unless they, by some miracle, land Parise, there aren't a lot of options on the UFA market.

How would people feel about this? (in the summer)

Johansson
Eakin
Schultz
Washington's 1st

for

Getzlaf
Murray said it would be a core-for-core deal, so someone like Green would have to be involved imo.

Old
01-06-2012, 06:46 PM
aquablue

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
i am not drooling over getzlaf but if they need a new finisher to replace semin isnt kuz the guy pencilled in for that?
If we traded green, we would have enough space perhaps to keep Semin and have Getzlaf + Kuznestov. Semin would perhaps recieve a lessor salary next year given his performance. He's not worth that contract anymore. I'm anxious to see Semin on a line with Kuzya. Having Getzlaf in the middle would be mind blowing. Of course, we would then have to hope Orlov can step up offensively. Who says Semin won't want to stay for another 1 year deal at 5 million or so?

Old
01-06-2012, 06:47 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
I don't think you ever pencil in a rookie as a finisher. Since Ovie, there have only been 5 30+ goal rookies (3 of those were last season), and none have even sniffed 40 goals.

Old
01-06-2012, 06:49 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appreci8 View Post
Murray said it would be a core-for-core deal, so someone like Green would have to be involved imo.
That's if you're taking what Murray says at face value, and not as just posturing. It'd be interesting to see if he said the same about Pronger.

And besides, there's a decent chance he wouldn't be the one making the decision this summer.

Old
01-06-2012, 06:54 PM
Capitlols

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
That's if you're taking what Murray says at face value, and not as just posturing. It'd be interesting to see if he said the same about Pronger.

And besides, there's a decent chance he wouldn't be the one making the decision this summer.
Hypothetically if the Ducks wanted pieces for the future, Johansson is the only good piece in your proposal and many teams would offer far better than that.

Old
01-06-2012, 07:06 PM
aquablue

Quote:
Hypothetically if the Ducks wanted pieces for the future, Johansson is the only good piece in your proposal and many teams would offer far better than that.
I agree, I'd think they'd want a major piece like Green or a major prospect like Kuz or Holtby + a pick and lessor player. MoJo and Neuvy are not enough to headline a deal for Getzlaf IMO.

How about Green, eakin and our first. Probably not enough. Maybe Green, MoJo and our first.

Old
01-06-2012, 07:12 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Eakin and a 1st aren't pieces for the future?

Some teams might offer far better than that, or the Ducks might absolutely love Johansson (which many teams do). Look at what the Flyers got for Richards: Schenn, Simmonds, and a 2nd. And Richards was signed for a decade at an great cap hit. If the Ducks covet Mojo, the deal I proposed is just as good.

Old
01-06-2012, 07:12 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
Need a thread reboot.