HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Biron to Colorado?

Closed Thread

Old
11-06-2003, 09:30 AM
mdhockey211

vCash: 500
Biron to Colorado?

according to tsn rumors , pierre lacroix has expressed interest in Biron of buffalo. Would be a good move for both teams i think. Biron brings more in return than miller or noronen, plus miller should be a solid #1 goalie at some time. Heres my idea for trade with these 2 teams.

To Col: G Martin Biron
D Alexei Zhitnik
4th rd. pick

To Buf: F Cody McCormick
2nd rd. pick
D Martin Skoula
mid level prospect

Old
11-06-2003, 09:35 AM
TehDoak
General Zad

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhockey211
according to tsn rumors , pierre lacroix has expressed interest in Biron of buffalo. Would be a good move for both teams i think. Biron brings more in return than miller or noronen, plus miller should be a solid #1 goalie at some time. Heres my idea for trade with these 2 teams.

D Alexei Zhitnik
4th rd. pick

2nd rd. pick
D Martin Skoula
mid level prospect
Eck, you can keep that proposal. Buffalo gets hosed. Lets try this:

To Colorado: Biron
To Buffalo: Ballard, 2nd round pick

Buffalo gets their former 1st round pick back and a 2nd round pick to boot.

Old
11-06-2003, 09:42 AM
DRL
Streak killers!

Send a message via MSN to DRL Send a message via Yahoo to DRL
Quote:

D Alexei Zhitnik
4th rd. pick

2nd rd. pick
D Martin Skoula
mid level prospect
done from the avs point of view, you would have to think lacroix is watchingthe following teams, buf, atl, sj, det and phx since all have 3 goalies.

and even though biron is only a slight upgrade from abby, he is still better and more consistent. and lets say biron is aquired and lacroix stills doesnt feel he is the one to take them to the cup, i am sure burke, kolzig and cujo will still be available and cheaper to get than they are now!

btw i am sure biron performance vs the avs was noted by lacroix as he stole the game for the sabres, something his goales have faild to do all year long!

great aves on hejduk!

also zhitnik for skoula is huge upgrade, so i doubt buffalo parts with him, maybe patrick?

Old
11-06-2003, 09:43 AM
Shark Attack

Quote:

D Alexei Zhitnik
4th rd. pick

2nd rd. pick
D Martin Skoula
mid level prospect
MDOAK is right, this is brutal for Buffalo. Colorado has to give up something for Biron, Ballard and a #2 seem reasonable.

CHomp, Chomp

Old
11-06-2003, 09:45 AM
txpd

Biron or Luongo or...anyone in that catagory is not who you trust serious run at the stanley cup to. NO EXPERIENCE!
If they make a move for a goalie it will be one that has been thru it before

Old
11-06-2003, 09:46 AM
Kukla

Why would Colorado want another, untested playoff goalie?

Old
11-06-2003, 09:52 AM
Whinks

Send a message via AIM to Whinks
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkwjr
Why would Colorado want another, untested playoff goalie?
Hes better than Aebischer

Old
11-06-2003, 09:59 AM
leaflover
New hope

vCash: 4850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whinks
Hes better than Aebischer
The point is why make a slight upgrade when the possibility of a substantial upgrade exists.I doubt that Lacroix trades for another young goalie with little playoff experience,its not his style.

Old
11-06-2003, 10:03 AM
kasper11

Am I the only one who thinks that Buffalo should hang onto Biron? They have a legitimate shot at making the playoffs, and he is the best of their goalies right now. I think after all the problems the team has had in the last two years making a run for the playoffs is important.

Old
11-06-2003, 10:08 AM
DRL
Streak killers!

Send a message via MSN to DRL Send a message via Yahoo to DRL
is this from a tsn analyst, or from a rumors chat board on tsn?

Old
11-06-2003, 10:17 AM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:

D Alexei Zhitnik
4th rd. pick

2nd rd. pick
D Martin Skoula
mid level prospect
link?

11-06-2003, 10:21 AM
Habsolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaflover
The point is why make a slight upgrade when the possibility of a substantial upgrade exists.I doubt that Lacroix trades for another young goalie with little playoff experience,its not his style.
It's not his style huh ?

You act like you know the man personally. Please...

And for all of you saying Biron is only a slight upgrade over Aebischer stop being such homers. Biron is a much better goalie than Aebischer.

And please don't bring up stats to prove your point. A great team's back up statistics can't be compared with the statistics of a #1 goalie on a team like Buffalo. It leaves no doubt in my mind who is the better goaltender and by a fair margin.

Old
11-06-2003, 10:31 AM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolution
It's not his style huh ?

You act like you know the man personally. Please...

And for all of you saying Biron is only a slight upgrade over Aebischer stop being such homers. Biron is a much better goalie than Aebischer.

And please don't bring up stats to prove your point. A great team's back up statistics can't be compared with the statistics of a #1 goalie on a team like Buffalo. It leaves no doubt in my mind who is the better goaltender and by a fair margin.
I don't buy it. I've never been a huge fan of Biron. He can be insanely hot, but when he's not, he let's in too man soft goals. I realize that Aebischer is unproven, but if I'm PL, I don't move substantial assets for a unknown play-off "upgrade".

Old
11-06-2003, 10:33 AM
Benji Frank

If they're going to give up a bunch for Biron, why not just play Sauve? He's proven as much, is about as consistent, & would cost the Avs less......

Old
11-06-2003, 10:35 AM
wazee

I may be in the minority of Avs fans here, but I do not think the Avs will trade for Biron, nor would I want them to. I like Biron. He has proven to be a very capable starting goalie and, as such, is a substantial upgrade over Aebischer. However, this year's version of the Avs is built to win now, and I would be more confident with a goalie who has some playoff experience. Nothing against Biron...but I don't think he is the right guy for the Avs this year.

Closed Thread