HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

carbonneau

Closed Thread

Old
11-05-2003, 05:02 PM
The n00b King ©*

vCash: 500
carbonneau

for those who talk about carbonneau. ya i know that him and gainey are buddies, ya i know he's in dallas blah blah blah. but let's face it, one of the things that plagued this team all last season and is doing it now, is our powerplays. godamn people, we have like the worse PP in the league. do u remember when carbo was here? he was in charge of that $hit, and guess what? it was good!! ok, not awesome, but much much better than anything that we've seen last season and this season combined. i dont know what the hell guy charron is still doing on the team...really. if there's one person id like to see replaced, it's him

Old
11-05-2003, 05:09 PM
Lewis63

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin_goon
for those who talk about carbonneau. ya i know that him and gainey are buddies, ya i know he's in dallas blah blah blah. but let's face it, one of the things that plagued this team all last season and is doing it now, is our powerplays. godamn people, we have like the worse PP in the league. do u remember when carbo was here? he was in charge of that $hit, and guess what? it was good!! ok, not awesome, but much much better than anything that we've seen last season and this season combined. i dont know what the hell guy charron is still doing on the team...really. if there's one person id like to see replaced, it's him

Yeah I don't know why Charron is still with the habs, he did nothing last year and this season is not going that great either.

I want the good Guy!

GUY! GUY! GUY! GUY! GUY! GUY!

Old
11-05-2003, 05:58 PM
Claude4Eva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis63
Yeah I don't know why Charron is still with the habs, he did nothing last year and this season is not going that great either.

I want the good Guy!

GUY! GUY! GUY! GUY! GUY! GUY!
The Habs need Claude Lemieux!!

Old
11-05-2003, 06:25 PM
deandebean

Carbonneau doesn't want to be an assistant anymore.

Old
11-05-2003, 06:42 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean
Carbonneau doesn't want to be an assistant anymore.
Good point.

Old
11-05-2003, 09:37 PM
habsfan19

getting Carbo over here would be awesome but i don't think it'll happen

you never know but i think he's happy in Dallas, he left Montreal to go there so why would he come back all of a sudden

Old
11-05-2003, 09:40 PM
Wildbeliefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan19
you never know but i think he's happy in Dallas, he left Montreal to go there so why would he come back all of a sudden
I really don't think he'll be back any time soon... isn't the main reason why he's in Dallas is that his family is there? Unless somehow BG bribes the whole Carb family with one zillion dollars, it's not looking good. Not for an assistant job, anyways.

Old
11-05-2003, 09:44 PM
habsfan19

yeah his daughter married Brendan Morrow i think
and like i said, he left MTL for Dallas, if he would've stayed in Montreal he could've been the coach when Therrien was fired but he preffered Dallas

Old
11-06-2003, 01:13 AM
The n00b King ©*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan19
yeah his daughter married Brendan Morrow i think
and like i said, he left MTL for Dallas, if he would've stayed in Montreal he could've been the coach when Therrien was fired but he preffered Dallas

well actually, no, one of the reasons he left was because he WAS"NT going to get the coach job. ya, the family thing sorta played out well for him, but he would of stayed if he had been offered a more meaningful position. youre right, he doesnt want an assistant job

Old
11-06-2003, 03:59 AM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
I think it had something to do with the school systems in Quebec. Because Guy is french canadian, his kids needed to attend french school, and he didn't want that to happen.

Old
11-06-2003, 06:55 AM
Highlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl.roberts
I think it had something to do with the school systems in Quebec. Because Guy is french canadian, his kids needed to attend french school, and he didn't want that to happen.
You are correct. Guy publicly stated for the record that the school language issue was one of the reasons why he left. Basically, one of his kids (a daughter I think) has gone primarily to english schools, and he wanted the kid to finish their schooling in the same language. The good old Ministry of Education said no, citing policy that requires kids of french speaking parents to go to french language schools. Guy appealed it, but it got turned down. He did make a very public statement regarding this in the press. Needless to say the SJB Society were less than impressed....

Old
11-06-2003, 10:44 AM
tinyzombies

Common sense reigns as per usual in Quebec.

However, I remember Carbo making a very public statement hinting that he wanted the job after Gainey was hired. And I took note that he was sitting on the glass at the Bell Centre a couple games ago.

I like Julien though and want to see him succeed.

Old
11-06-2003, 11:24 AM
mcphee

I liked Carbo as a player and think he is what they call a "good hockey man. " He isn't Scotty Bowman though, nor is he Toe Blake. His presence won't make Juneau younger, Perreault faster or Audette bigger.
We knew going in that this would be a tough year due to about 12M in unwanted contracts. Rivet and Markov have been horrid so far this year,[yes, both of them], I don't think that Carbo's presence would have changed much. There will always be a so-called saviour who we think would make the difference. I like Julien and also hope that he succeeds. I suspect though that when some of our prospects develop and our GM fills some needs by whatever method, Julien won't be around to enjoy it. The guy who perseveres thru the lean years seldom is.

Old
11-06-2003, 11:42 AM
Howie Morenz

Problem is he'd still be dealing with the same lineup. Some of these players would have Scotty Bowman pulling his hair out.

Closed Thread