HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Gill and Moen at the deadline

Old
01-07-2012, 02:24 AM
LastRide

vCash: 500
I would never give up Moen at this time. He's an excellent 3rd 4th line player. Your going to give him up for a 4th round chump that has a 95% chance of "not" making it in the NHL. Your better off keeping him. Gill on the other hand you can have for free.

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:23 AM
Kaktus*

Would not trade 2nd for any of them.
Doubt I would trade 3rd either. Maybe Gill can bring 3rd but not Moen

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:46 AM
BigHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
Would not trade 2nd for any of them.
Doubt I would trade 3rd either. Maybe Gill can bring 3rd but not Moen
Have you watched them play at all or?

These guys are key pieces come playoffs.

Both are great on the PK. Moen while not a scorer, brings alot of elements to the table to any contender. The guy has also found a bit of a scoring touch this year. He hits, forechecks with the best of them. Fights every once in awhile.

To say he would not get what Gill would recieve is a crock. Moen IMO will bring more than Gill. Gill is a PK beast, and is ok at covering the front of the net. Something a contender would also add. The thing is Moen's value would bring more for a return than Gill because of having more attributes to bring to a team.

Together I honestly could see Vancouver wanting both. The 2 of them together bring you half of a PK unit line. Vancouver would be the only team I could see offering up a 1st, as theirs is probably going to be a very late 1st, almost a 2nd rounder.

I could see Gill and Moen together putting a team over the top IMO. They don't always have to be a scorer or playmaker. The two together bring a great boost to the PK and forecheck and shutdown dman. Any team will offer up alot come deadline for each and probably a decent return for a duo package.

Vancouver fan even offered:

2ND round pick
4TH round pick
Oreskovich

for

Gill
Moen

Last edited by BigHabs: 01-07-2012 at 08:55 AM.
BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:54 AM
habshound247

I think the draftniks are saying this upcoming draft has solid depth. A 2nd round pick could have first round value. Probably not Yakupov or Grigorenko value, but one can always hope.

habshound247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 10:10 AM
FanHabtic

I would like to see the Habs re-sign Moen and AK. Especially if their chemistry together (with Eller) continues. There is no point in trading someone that has value to the team itself.

Gill could easily be traded for a late 2nd round pick or 3rd round pick or prospect.

If all Moen could garner is a 4th round pick then don't trade him. Re-sign him. But i would ask for a 3rd at the worst for Moen in a trade.

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:30 AM
Jani8

Has anyone ever traded a 1st round pick for a bottom pairing d-man and a 4th line grunt?

Jani8 is offline   Reply With Quote