HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anisimov long-term

Old
01-07-2012, 10:38 AM
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue

vCash: 500
Adding a LW such as Ruutu would allow Anisimov to move back to the 3rd line where he belongs. He has the ability to play anywhere in the top 9 and contribute. I just feel long term he is a perfect 3rd line player, great 2 way game with the ability to put up 50+pts a year when filling in part time in the top 6 and getting limited PP time. If he plays strictly on the 3rd line with no PP he will be an excellent 2way 40+pt player.

N9Y4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 10:42 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

I was never that big on Anisimov. He's on the first line and on pace for only 47 points. With lesser linemates, he's a 40-point a year player. That makes him a 2-3 line tweener. He can do a competent job on the second line or a great job on the third line, but he'll never be a player who stands out in the top-6.

I see his offensive potential as being somewhere in the 40 to 50 range, depending on how good a year he's having.

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 10:51 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by N9Y4R View Post
Adding a LW such as Ruutu would allow Anisimov to move back to the 3rd line where he belongs. He has the ability to play anywhere in the top 9 and contribute. I just feel long term he is a perfect 3rd line player, great 2 way game with the ability to put up 50+pts a year when filling in part time in the top 6 and getting limited PP time. If he plays strictly on the 3rd line with no PP he will be an excellent 2way 40+pt player.
Lines can be mixed up and Arty can fit anywhere from a top 6 F to a fantastic 3rd line. lets assume Rutuu costs Wolski, Zuke, 2nd rounder

Rutuu, Stepan, Gaborik
Dubinsky, Richards, Callahan
Hagelin, Anisimov, Boyle
Rupp, Mitchell/ Fedotenko, Prust

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 02:53 PM
gump116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Lines can be mixed up and Arty can fit anywhere from a top 6 F to a fantastic 3rd line. lets assume Rutuu costs Wolski, Zuke, 2nd rounder

Rutuu, Stepan, Gaborik
Dubinsky, Richards, Callahan
Hagelin, Anisimov, Boyle
Rupp, Mitchell/ Fedotenko, Prust
Or move Dubinsky up and try Wolski on Richards line:

Dubinsky, Stepan, Gaborik
Wolski, Richards, Callahan
Hagelin, Anisimov, Boyle
Rupp, Mitchell/Fedotenko, Prust

gump116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 03:55 PM
Mikos87

Artie is in the middle of a stretch where he isn't shooting the puck off the rush or hitting the net, he's looking to make moves and plays more rather than attacking head on.. we have seen a spurt of games where he is on and off about that. I think the fan's perception of him shifts based on that.

Based on just how Hard (Torts term) he plays... shots that the goalie stops make him all the more dangerous and noticeable... I see the same thing with Stepan too.. My guess is that those two aren't fully confident on draws yet, and want to avoid faceoffs.. I don't think he should be moved.. But I'm sure the staff will jump on that line once the team loses and they aren't stepping up.

Mikos87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 04:07 PM
ruckus*

This board is a disgrace.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 05:57 PM
dtrap

Send a message via AIM to dtrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckus View Post
HAHAHA! This literally made me laugh out loud.

dtrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 05:58 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
I was never that big on Anisimov. He's on the first line and on pace for only 47 points. With lesser linemates, he's a 40-point a year player. That makes him a 2-3 line tweener. He can do a competent job on the second line or a great job on the third line, but he'll never be a player who stands out in the top-6.

I see his offensive potential as being somewhere in the 40 to 50 range, depending on how good a year he's having.

Not bad for a guy who is still 3-4 years away from his prime years.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 06:01 PM
HankIsTheKing30

what i dont understand is why anyone would want to change anything to this team right now....Anisimov has been just as important as anyone this year since they are playing as a complete team. If they stumble then i would consider moving someone but only if it really makes sense......If it ain't broken dont fix it.....

HankIsTheKing30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 07:10 PM
smoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankIsTheKing30 View Post
what i dont understand is why anyone would want to change anything to this team right now....Anisimov has been just as important as anyone this year since they are playing as a complete team. If they stumble then i would consider moving someone but only if it really makes sense......If it ain't broken dont fix it.....
I don't think anyone is looking to change the team right now. The OP asked about Anisimov long term. Right now, I'm fine with AA on Stepan's wing, but long term, I want to see him at 3rd line C with Hagelin on his left. As we've seen with the D this year, injuries can happen. Anisimov is exactly the kind of 3rd line C you want when injuries hit your center depth. He can step into a top 6 role and not look out of place.

In the next two years, I hope to see the lines look something like:

Kreider Stepan Gaborik
Dubinsky Richards Callahan
Hagelin Anisimov X (Miller, Fasth, FA, who knows)
Prust Boyle Rupp

Those are four lines that can be rolled, with three of the four being legit scoring threats. It also adds great flexibility, as Hagelin and Anisimov can easily move up based on play/injury.

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 07:26 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post

Arty will crack 50 points this season. Reading these posts I notice many of you are underrating Arty while overrating Dubinsky.

It's actually pretty close as to who I would rather keep and who I'd rather trade if it came down to a scenario like that.

Tort's has painted Arty just as much as the core as the next guy and I agree with him. He's far more consistent than Dubinsky. He's being given a bad rap because he doesn't have as much swagger and bite in his game. He sometimes plays soft hockey and it's frustrating but many of you are cutting him way too short.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 07:30 PM
Leetch66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I hate terms like "core" and "nucleus." Why dont you explain to me what you mean by it? It sounds like a pretty select group, but I'd rank the following players ahead of Anisimov in terms of importance.

-Lundqvist
-Richards
-Gaborik
-Callahan
-Stepan
-Girardi
-McDonagh
-Del Zotto

So, really, if you're not even in the top third of valuable players to the team, are you part of the "nucleus?"
Hmmm...you forgot Staal and for arguments sake Dubi...so...that would move AA into the lower half which hardly makes him a core guy on the current team and probably in 2 years time pencil Kreider ahead of him too . The upside is that he would be considered very attractive to some other teams which makes him great trade bait for us if we are looking at Bobby Ryan type guys . LOL...and I actually like him a bit more this year than last !

Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:28 PM
BlueLooksGood

I foresee him as a 50-55 point two way forward. I certainly hopes he stays long term.

He might a player who's just good enough to not get overpaid because he lacks 'flash' and doesn't excel in one area of the rink...if that makes any sense.

BlueLooksGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 10:35 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckus View Post
*sighs* Yup. Same old, same old.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote