HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Shop.NHL.com - your experiences??

Old
01-06-2012, 03:54 PM
orangecrush8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKG33 View Post
I was going to order a Premier Schenn Flyers WC Jersey. If I order it, do you guys think it will be stitched or heat pressed?
If you're okay with ordering over the phone, call the Flyers Skatezone in Voorhees, NJ. The Skatezone sends all their blank jerseys into a company called Philly Express. Philly Express is the company who customizes the on-ice Flyers jerseys, so no matter what your jersey will be 100% to on ice specs. Icejerseys is 100% legit, but if you're looking for complete accuracy in customization, they will be just a little off.

There is a member on the Flyers board who ordered a Jagr jersey over the phone from them so they do take over the phone orders.

Here is a jersey I had done by the Skatezone who sent it to Philly Express.

orangecrush8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 10:29 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecrush8 View Post
River City was really the lowest I have ever seen on the authentic edge jerseys. Finding good deals elsewhere all depends on what jersey you're looking for. For example, the Flyers current jerseys are almost impossible to find for under $200. Even when River City had their sale, the Flyers current jerseys were not a part of the sale, only their older uniforms

Having said that jerseyexpress.com is one of the cheapest sites to sell authentic edge jerseys. They are 100% legit, you will not be getting a knock off.

http://jerseyexpress.com/

Just as a heads up to you or anyone who is ordering off jersey express. If you click on your team, you will most likely notice that there will be two options regarding the authentic edges. One will say "2010-2011 Rbk EDGE Authentic" and be listed at $229.99. Whereas the other will say "**NEW** 2012 Reebok EDGE Authentic" and be listed at $189.99. The reason these two have different prices even though the jersey design never changed, is because this year all authentic jerseys are made in Indonesia and are inferior quality to what the authentic jerseys were like last year. On top of that, they are no where near what the NHL players wear on the ice, despite the title "authentic". Hence the $40 lower price. The older jerseys listed (at $229.99) are last years model which was still made in Canada.

Unfortunately if you're looking to buy an edge jersey of a model that was not introduced last year (for example, both Predators jerseys and the new Islanders third) you will only have the option of the jersey made in Indonesia
Does this apply to everywhere that sells Authentics or just Jersey Express?

Like say this summer I want to order an Edge Authentic Penguins Home jersey off of IceJerseys.com as I am considering it. But if I went through them, would I be getting one of the good "made in Canada" Authentics or a piece of Indonesian crap?

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 03:36 PM
orangecrush8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post
Does this apply to everywhere that sells Authentics or just Jersey Express?

Like say this summer I want to order an Edge Authentic Penguins Home jersey off of IceJerseys.com as I am considering it. But if I went through them, would I be getting one of the good "made in Canada" Authentics or a piece of Indonesian crap?

Sadly it applies to all jerseys. So if you order a Penguins authentic jersey from Icejerseys you will most likely get the new Indonesian made jersey unless they still have stock left over from last year.

The best bet is to buy off ebay. The best way to tell if a jersey is made in Canada or is the new Indonesian made jersey is the neck tag.

In this link you will notice there is no neck tag. The size is actually printed on the green stripe you see inside the collar. This is an Indonesian made jersey.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZBYNEK-MICHA...item6b1c79f70d

In this link you will notice there is a neck tag as well as the Canada flag on the tag. Obviously the Canada flag gives it away that it's made in Canada, but it has the Reebok tag that the Indonesian made jersey does not.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EVGENI-MALKI...item2317a1f1a7

And if you are buying off ebay, always be aware of fakes!

Old
01-07-2012, 04:52 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
Sadly it applies to all jerseys. So if you order a Penguins authentic jersey from Icejerseys you will most likely get the new Indonesian made jersey unless they still have stock left over from last year.

The best bet is to buy off ebay. The best way to tell if a jersey is made in Canada or is the new Indonesian made jersey is the neck tag.

In this link you will notice there is no neck tag. The size is actually printed on the green stripe you see inside the collar. This is an Indonesian made jersey.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZBYNEK-MICHA...item6b1c79f70d

In this link you will notice there is a neck tag as well as the Canada flag on the tag. Obviously the Canada flag gives it away that it's made in Canada, but it has the Reebok tag that the Indonesian made jersey does not.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EVGENI-MALKI...item2317a1f1a7

And if you are buying off ebay, always be aware of fakes!
Woah...$340 for that Indonesian made Authentic Michalek jersey. And that's from The House O Hockey too. Aren't they supposed to be great for Penguins jerseys and customization?

In any case, man that's sad.

Interestingly enough there's a Facebook group called the "Anti Reebok/NHL Indo-Edge Jersey Movement". According to their most recent Wall posting which is a blurb from IceJerseys.com's Twitter page, apparantly IceJerseys "won't be getting any more Authentics in till next season because of product issues pertaining to them with Reebok."

Could that mean these Indonesian Authentics are going bye-bye?

Old
01-07-2012, 05:18 PM
orangecrush8

Quote:
Woah...$340 for that Indonesian made Authentic Michalek jersey. And that's from The House O Hockey too. Aren't they supposed to be great for Penguins jerseys and customization?

In any case, man that's sad.

Interestingly enough there's a Facebook group called the "Anti Reebok/NHL Indo-Edge Jersey Movement". According to their most recent Wall posting which is a blurb from IceJerseys.com's Twitter page, apparantly IceJerseys "won't be getting any more Authentics in till next season because of product issues pertaining to them with Reebok."

Could that mean these Indonesian Authentics are going bye-bye?
Im not all that familiar with the proper Penguins customization, but sadly that's what Reebok has continued to sell the Indonesian made jerseys at. House O Hockey really isnt doing anything wrong, they are just carrying what is made available to them. So yes House O Hockey is still good with carrying official jerseys. Despite the Indonesian made jersey not being the best quality and extremely overpriced, its still 100% legit and licensed by the NHL.

Yes that group was actually started by a bunch of members (myself included) on the icejerseys.com jersey forum. I'll tell you, if you ever have questions regarding anything about a hockey jersey, that is the place to go. I guarantee you that you will get your question answered.

Here is the website. http://forums.icejerseys.com/

And yes hopefully Icejerseys problems with the Indonesian made jerseys is a direct reflection of Reebok's problems. No one wants these indo-edges, Iv held one myself, and they are terrible.

Old
01-07-2012, 05:21 PM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

I only have one customized jersey from NHL.com, and it's that terrible heat pressed crap with the fake stiches. Luckily it was a non-Isles jersey so I don't wear it too much . Also, shoulder patches seem to be done the same way on my 2007-2008 Isles jerseys and they end up falling off. I haven't had many problems buying T-shirts and such from NHL.com but then again, I mostly buy things from an Isles team store on LI or the NHL store in NYC instead of online.

My favorite online store for premier jerseys is sportsk.com. Awesome customization and a solid price. Not too many authentic options, though.

IslesRock4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 10:16 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
Im not all that familiar with the proper Penguins customization, but sadly that's what Reebok has continued to sell the Indonesian made jerseys at. House O Hockey really isnt doing anything wrong, they are just carrying what is made available to them. So yes House O Hockey is still good with carrying official jerseys. Despite the Indonesian made jersey not being the best quality and extremely overpriced, its still 100% legit and licensed by the NHL.

Yes that group was actually started by a bunch of members (myself included) on the icejerseys.com jersey forum. I'll tell you, if you ever have questions regarding anything about a hockey jersey, that is the place to go. I guarantee you that you will get your question answered.

Here is the website. http://forums.icejerseys.com/

And yes hopefully Icejerseys problems with the Indonesian made jerseys is a direct reflection of Reebok's problems. No one wants these indo-edges, Iv held one myself, and they are terrible.
So I poked around on the IceJerseys site for the blank Penguins Authentic Home jerseys. Even though they only have sizes 50 and 52 left in stock, according to their description they say:

Quote:
The Reebok vector logo is embroidered on the back of the neck and sleeve and the NHL shield patch is sewn on the bottom of the front collar fabric insert. Includes Reebok/NHL Center Ice Authentic Woven neck label and Reebok/NHL Center Ice jock tag with numeric sizing is applied to the lower left of the bottom of the jersey.
I assume these size 50 and 52's that they have left are the good Canadian ones then yes? The photo on the page looks like this. Could be just a stock or old pre-Indo photo though.

To me I'd say yes they are the Canadian ones. But I just wish I knew for sure. As the last thing I wanna do is order one thinking its the good Canadian Authentic but then find out that in reality...I threw down $300-400 on some subpar piece of Indo junk.

Old
01-08-2012, 10:39 AM
orangecrush8

Quote:
So I poked around on the IceJerseys site for the blank Penguins Authentic Home jerseys. Even though they only have sizes 50 and 52 left in stock, according to their description they say:

I assume these size 50 and 52's that they have left are the good Canadian ones then yes? The photo on the page looks like this. Could be just a stock or old pre-Indo photo though.

To me I'd say yes they are the Canadian ones. But I just wish I knew for sure. As the last thing I wanna do is order one thinking its the good Canadian Authentic but then find out that in reality...I threw down $300-400 on some subpar piece of Indo junk.
If it were me, I wouldn't go off that picture and thinking its the Canadian made one. Despite the changes in the manufacturing of the jerseys, a lot of retailers have not changed their pictures that they provide on their website.

I would just give Icejerseys a call. I have dealt with them numerous times and I cant speak highly enough of their customer service. Give them a call, explain your situation that you're looking for the Canadian made Edge and Im sure they will be able to tell you if they have left over stock.

Also if you're looking for a great deal, check out Rivercity Sports

https://www.rivercitysports.com/US/d...cfm?sku=117990.

That price of $169.99 includes customization. I guarantee you these jerseys are 100% legit and are made in Canada. See where it says style number "7187"? That was the inventory code for last years jerseys made in Canada. The new inventory code for the Indonesian made jersey is 7331. I bought a blank jersey from River City Sports about 3 months ago when they dropped their blank authentic jerseys to $99. $169.99 including customization is still a fantastic deal.

Last edited by orangecrush8: 01-08-2012 at 10:45 AM.
Old
04-11-2014, 02:13 PM
mess11
Rookie User

I attempted to order an authentic pro away jersey from NHL.com after I had no luck being able to get one from local stores in my city. The order itself was easy… but then I got an email a couple of days later saying my order was cancelled because the jersey was not in stock. So, I did what any normal person would do and asked them when it would be back in stock. They didn’t know. I pointed out that it should have been taken off of the website if it wasn’t in stock, and they told me that I must have ordered right before the site updated (BS I think), but assured me it would be taken off the site.

This obviously wasn’t good enough, and when after a few days it still was listed on the site, I asked them how the heck would I know when to re-order if the website still shows it’s in stock when it isn’t? I went back and forth with them a few times… getting sunshine blown up my butt each time with the same ‘we care about you but can’t actually help you’ response. At one point I was offered a 10% discount for future purchases at nhl.com, but this was quite laughable as it was capped at $300 so I could not use it for the pro jersey I wanted to buy.

After another week or so, and promises that they would be looking into the stock situation, I decided to send them another email asking if there’s any news. That same evening I decided to give up and order a semi-pro jersey. Not exactly what I wanted, but since my favorite player was going to retire soon, I felt some urgency (they only let you order active players). I thought ‘well, at least I get 10% off’. I got to the checkout point in this order, and then I am told the discount code expired. I’m like WOW. SERIOUSLY?

So I fired off another email to NHL.com explaining that I needed a new code because if I was going to order something, I would not do so without that 10% off that I was promised!

After I waited almost a day for NHL.com to respond, I googled NHL.com store complaints, and found this thread. I decided to try one of the suggestions and check out icejerseys.com. I ordered my customized away jersey – yay! Semi-pro, but at least they stitch it on vs. NHL.com that would heat press the name/numbers on. So fingers crossed that all goes well with them… I just have to wait now!

Just ridiculous. As soon as I ordered it from icejerseys.com, an email from NHL.com pops up in my inbox saying that they’re still looking into my complaints and my latest email will be grouped with my others and I can wait 1-2 business days for a response. LOL. They appreciate my patience and my satisfaction is important to them.

Sigh.

mess11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 02:18 PM
ORLY

Where's the best place in canada to buy apparel? Good prices, nice selection is what I'm looking for. US Teams.

ORLY is offline   Reply With Quote