HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #42 : Kings vs. BLUE JACKETS - Saturday, 1/7/’12 @ 1:00 pm PST

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-07-2012, 04:41 PM
  #101
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 500
Iffy call but I'll take it.

The Black1963 is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 04:43 PM
  #102
Mattias
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,023
vCash: 500
Makes up for the Williams penalty

Mattias is online now  
Old
01-07-2012, 04:43 PM
  #103
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger
 
drugold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Brisbane,
Country: Australia-Aboriginal
Posts: 2,412
vCash: 1015
Lets go Kings!

drugold is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 04:43 PM
  #104
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,663
vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
I wouldn't call it anything, I would blow the whistle like the official did, and move on.

The whistle blew well after the puck went through the net...ask yourself now why they didn't call it a goal...
Because they blew the whistle... I wasn't talking about that play. If the net is intentionally pushed off, then it is a delay of game penalty, which it wasn't. It was a discretionary call. The net was still anchored when the puck was put in the net, the refs were just quick on the whistle. Even Fox called it a goal if the ref didn't blow his whistle early.

__________________

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 04:43 PM
  #105
sjmay*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
You're ridiculous. Yes, I said that. Would you like me to define the word penalized for you? We were disadvantaged and nothing came to them. I clearly stated that there should have been more to the play than just the penalty to Williams. You know exactly what I meant. You are clearly capable of figuring it out, stop playing around and playing coy.
When you say penalized in the context of a hockey game..figure it out.

Like I said, there was only one penalty on that play...

sjmay* is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 04:44 PM
  #106
Roxo
Registered User
 
Roxo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Pearl Harbor, HI
Country: United States
Posts: 2,288
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Roxo
Come on kings!!

Roxo is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 04:44 PM
  #107
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends
 
Moses Doughty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Drewbacca
Country: United States
Posts: 8,139
vCash: 500
Williams have a brain???? Nope

He sucks now

Moses Doughty is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 04:44 PM
  #108
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 500
Another one???

Cmon JDub!

The Black1963 is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 04:44 PM
  #109
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre
 
HansH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Diego
Country: United States
Posts: 3,447
vCash: 500
FFS, Williams!!!

HansH is online now  
Old
01-07-2012, 04:44 PM
  #110
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967
 
Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brea, California
Country: United States
Posts: 8,980
vCash: 500
Williams has got to go, period.

Ron is online now  
Old
01-07-2012, 04:44 PM
  #111
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,663
vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
When you say penalized in the context of a hockey game..figure it out.

Like I said, there was only one penalty on that play...
When you take the whole paragraph into context, you know exactly what I meant. And we will just leave it as we disagree on the second penalty.

Telos is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 04:45 PM
  #112
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,314
vCash: 500
What a lame period.

Shellz is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 04:45 PM
  #113
Cruel11
Son, just don't.
 
Cruel11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 16,450
vCash: 500
Stupid williams

Cruel11 is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 04:45 PM
  #114
Willard
Kings All The Way
 
Willard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Just Off Highway 1
Posts: 2,508
vCash: 500
Terrible, disorganized, totally dull power play. My god the Kings suck at the man advantage.

Willard is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 04:45 PM
  #115
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,314
vCash: 500
Williams has too much energy right now.

Shellz is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 04:45 PM
  #116
BigBrown
They did it again!
 
BigBrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,188
vCash: 500
Please give me one good reason why I should watch the rest of this game.

BigBrown is online now  
Old
01-07-2012, 04:46 PM
  #117
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,663
vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Williams has got to go, period.
He's had a hell of a drought. Everytime he gets a chance he just seems to either blow it completely or get so very close, and then proceeds to screw up the rest of his chances subsequently... He needs to do something to get himself focused. He is trying to do everything too quickly.

Telos is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 04:46 PM
  #118
William H Bonney
Registered User
 
William H Bonney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sierra Nevada
Country: United States
Posts: 19,605
vCash: 500
I want the good Williams back.

Nice to see Brownie smash Nash there.

__________________
"I have been complimented many times and they always embarrass me; I always feel that they have not said enough." - Mark Twain.
William H Bonney is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 04:47 PM
  #119
BigBrown
They did it again!
 
BigBrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,188
vCash: 500
Best pass Johnson has made all season, too bad it was to Carter.

BigBrown is online now  
Old
01-07-2012, 04:47 PM
  #120
sjmay*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Because they blew the whistle... I wasn't talking about that play. If the net is intentionally pushed off, then it is a delay of game penalty, which it wasn't. It was a discretionary call. The net was still anchored when the puck was put in the net, the refs were just quick on the whistle. Even Fox called it a goal if the ref didn't blow his whistle early.
Fox also called the Doughty penalty interference.

I am talking in general, you can lift the net up where it doesn't come off the moorings,

What do you call that? Is there a whistle for that?

sjmay* is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 04:47 PM
  #121
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
Please give me one good reason why I should watch the rest of this game.
Because there is stuill two periods left. I didn't know you needed a reason.

Shellz is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 04:47 PM
  #122
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,842
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Hey look, another 0-0 period by the Kings.

Shocked.

Sydor25 is online now  
Old
01-07-2012, 04:47 PM
  #123
Mully12
John Jackson!
 
Mully12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chino Valley, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Mully12 Send a message via Yahoo to Mully12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
Please give me one good reason why I should watch the rest of this game.
Because it can't get much worse can it? Both teams playing like ****. 2nd and 3rd will hopefully be better.

Mully12 is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 04:48 PM
  #124
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Because there is stuill two periods left. I didn't know you needed a reason.
Don't baby him.

The Black1963 is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 04:48 PM
  #125
Malice430
Registered User
 
Malice430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Lake Forest, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 3,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
Please give me one good reason why I should watch the rest of this game.
hey be quiet! a lot of people love 1-0 shootout games

Malice430 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.