HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Montreal Canadiens- 7:00pm EST CBC,RDS(HD)

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2012, 03:36 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
I am interested in seeing this protest as well. I wonder what the picket signs and protest shouts will be.

Old
01-07-2012, 03:38 PM
MrNasty

vCash: 500
Protest...seriously? This whining about language is the reason my family moved away from Quebec.

Old
01-07-2012, 03:40 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

I love how they always blame the Habs but never blame Hockey Quebec for the poor job they do at developing talent. The Habs don't have an academy so they can't take the blame for that.

Old
01-07-2012, 03:41 PM
Padrino86

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
How many people are actually serious about going to rally against the rally? Just curious because I am planning on going. Then after the game is over and the Habs have beaten the Lightning, I'll be slapping high fives and celebrating with, you know, the REAL fans.
I absolutely would be down for future counter-protest so you can note my username down. I'm K-O for a month or so though, just got operated so I can't do much except whine on my pc for now. If they're still being a bunch of idiots in a month from now I'd be willing to participate in counter-protest though.

Old
01-07-2012, 03:42 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Kim Comeau
L'équipe du Parti Québécois de Vaudreuil participera à la manifestation. C'est un devoir de protéger notre langue dans la métropole. Bonne manifestation à tous!

It's so ****ing stupid... It's not even about hockey and our team anymore, it's about buying votes and crying/getting mad for nothing. Sometimes I'm ashamed of being Quebec.. People like that slow the progress a community makes together.

Quebec is a bilingual province and the Montreal Canadiens marketing/media coverage offer premium french content to it's fans and the only thing that changed recently is that the friggen coach can't express himself in french. Why the hell does that matter dammit.. The language spoken in the NHL is ENGLISH so deal the **** with it!

Honêtement ça devient vraiment honteux... On va encore faire attirer l'attention pour des mauvaises raisons dans ligue... Je trouve ça vraiment pas correcte pour Randy. C'est de la discrimination pointer quelqu'un parce qu'il parle pas la langue de ton choix.

The best exemple I can come up with is Yemelin. He came here to Montreal not speaking 1 word of english or french yet most of our fan base french/english welcomed him opened arms and wishing him the best of luck with us. Why can't we just do the same thing with Randy? He's a human being like anyone of us and he SURELY doesn't deserve that..

I'm sorry but these kind of things piss me off pretty darn hard. Je suis désolé mais criss que ce genre de truc la me pompe solide..

Anyways, let's hope we'll have a great show tonight like last game!

Old
01-07-2012, 03:46 PM
mrcontractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
Tempted to troll their facebook group
I did 2 weeks ago and it wasn't pretty LOL. I was called everything under the sun and actually thought they were insulting me by calling me "colonist" (colonisé) which stands for someone that is from Quebec but adheres to the Canadian ways. Was pretty pathetic and wasn't insulted in the slightest.

Old
01-07-2012, 03:50 PM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emanresu Wen View Post
Wow, some crazy comments from anti-protestors
Clearly you're too young to understand why language and culture has anything to do with a corporation selling entertainment to distract you. Just too young.

Old
01-07-2012, 03:53 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker
Kim Comeau
L'équipe du Parti Québécois de Vaudreuil participera à la manifestation. C'est un devoir de protéger notre langue dans la métropole. Bonne manifestation à tous!

It's so ****ing stupid... It's not even about hockey and our team anymore, it's about buying votes and crying/getting mad for nothing. Sometimes I'm ashamed of being Quebec.. People like that slow the progress a community makes together.
Ohh le PQ embarque. J'aime ca!

The whole ''issue'' is 100% political and always has been. It all started when that obscure language defence group posted a letter and quickly the francophiles in the sports media (Gaston Therrien, Tremblay, ect.) joined for the easy popularity or support of their political agenda. They also want stories to sell papers, and when the team blows you just have to bring up negative stuff.

I don't believe that the fans really care, they are just being used by political activists and manipulated by the media. I would really like to see a survey about that to see the proportion of fans that are really adamant about the language of the team. There was one recently (in JdM, JdQ or La Presse, I forgot) and it struck me as extremely unprofessional and biaised.

Last edited by FlyingKostitsyn: 01-07-2012 at 04:00 PM.
Old
01-07-2012, 03:54 PM
Lord Chezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Clearly you're too young to understand why language and culture has anything to do with a corporation selling entertainment to distract you. Just too young.
I laughed at that one as well.

Old
01-07-2012, 04:00 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Some people are way mad. Oh well. I wouldn't care if the coach only spoke Chinese.

Old
01-07-2012, 04:03 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Some people are way mad. Oh well. I wouldn't care if the coach only spoke Chinese.
I actually wish we had a Russian coach. That'd be sick. But if the coach only spoke Chinese, how would he communicate with the players, the refs, management, ect, ? It wouldn't work. . The guy needs to speak some English.

Old
01-07-2012, 04:03 PM
Mats NAslund

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Losers!

Old
01-07-2012, 04:05 PM
oleHABSole*

I don't want Gionta back! he's gonna kill team spirit by not passing and taking stupid shots, he's gonna kill any team-play momentum we have right now.

Old
01-07-2012, 04:05 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Habland is a fictional country with no distinct borders. Its population is known as Habs fans and their government, le Club de Hockey Canadien, is based in the city of Montréal. The official language is hockey and the main objective of the government is winning.

Old
01-07-2012, 04:06 PM
Et le But

The logo on the facebook group is very telling. They have no respect for the history of the Canadiens or the city of Montreal except as a vehicle for their own nationalist agenda. This isn't about protecting anything, it's about cooptation. The Habs represent a cosmopolitan city first and foremost, not a homogenous Quebec.

Old
01-07-2012, 04:12 PM
Stradale

I wonder if the fans are allowed to chant "Go Habs go" tonight.

Old
01-07-2012, 04:12 PM
pine

What are you guys still doing posting here? Aren't you supposed to be at the protest??????????????????

Last edited by pine: 01-07-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Old
01-07-2012, 04:13 PM
BoltSTH

Bolts fan coming in peace:
Another French Canadian Pierre-Cedric Labrie will play his first NHL game tonight

Old
01-07-2012, 04:15 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltSTH View Post
Bolts fan coming in peace:
Another French Canadian Pierre-Cedric Labrie will play his first NHL game tonight
Pretty sure he will score his first goal tonight.

Old
01-07-2012, 04:17 PM
Lord Chezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Pretty sure he will score his first goal tonight.
4 goals

Old
01-07-2012, 04:18 PM
TheBuriedHab

Disrespectful ****s. Cunneyworth is trying to learn some french and they still protest. FFS hes making an effort, show some respect.

Old
01-07-2012, 04:18 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

5-2 Habs

Gionta (2) 1 PK
Pacioretty
Subban PP
Kostitsyn

Stamkos
Moore

Old
01-07-2012, 04:19 PM
PK76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Same here. I don't know if I should feel bad but as long as the team is winning I just don't give a damn about it.

JUST WIN BABY!

Old
01-07-2012, 04:20 PM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Disrespectful ****s. Cunneyworth is trying to learn some french and they still protest. FFS hes making an effort, show some respect.
If he wanted to make a real effort he would build a time machine and make sure his mother gave birth to him in Quebec and raised him in the culture of the fleur de lis.

Old
01-07-2012, 04:20 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELLERCOPTER View Post
I don't want Gionta back! he's gonna kill team spirit by not passing and taking stupid shots, he's gonna kill any team-play momentum we have right now.
Stupid comment you should delete it.

Closed Thread