HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - I don't know what to name this, so JERSEYS! Part four.

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2012, 07:42 PM
Flyers845

vCash: 500
You should call him right now. Sweet jersey

Old
01-06-2012, 09:25 PM
Ryadem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
It Hath Arrived...With a twist!

Wow, that is awesome.

Definitely need to get myself a Schenn jersey.

Old
01-06-2012, 09:34 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Alright so i've been thinking about the pros and cons of trying to contact Schenn about it and am leaning towards keeping it.

Pros:
Possibly Meeting Schenn
Autograph and maybe some other perk.
Still get a jersey from the WC

Cons:
No longer the jersey that he scored his first goal in.
I paid knowing that it was his first NHL goal and it was in the WC.
Might get nothing more then a passing Thank You from him.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
01-06-2012, 09:46 PM
s3x

Quote:
Alright so i've been thinking about the pros and cons of trying to contact Schenn about it and am leaning towards keeping it.

Pros:
Possibly Meeting Schenn

Cons:
My thoughts. Meet Schenn at a signing. Get something else signed and show him the jersey. If he inquires, tell him, "It's mine!" in a respectful and giddy manner. If he persists, see what he has to offer. Keep it if it's not worth your while. Or sell it to me

It's not your duty to give it to him just because it's something he might want.

Old
01-06-2012, 09:48 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3x View Post
My thoughts. Meet Schenn at a signing. Get something else signed and show him the jersey. If he inquires, tell him, "It's mine!" in a respectful and giddy manner. If he persists, see what he has to offer. Keep it if it's not worth your while. Or sell it to me

It's not your duty to give it to him just because it's something he might want.
I'd like to go to his signing at Chickies but i'll be in Florida...

Old
01-06-2012, 10:02 PM
s3x

Quote:
I'd like to go to his signing at Chickies but i'll be in Florida...
Give it to me. I'll be your negotiator ;P

Just kidding.

Keep it and enjoy it. It's a piece of Flyer history. It's got a great story. To me and obviously to you, it's priceless. The only offer I'd consider is if Schenner gave you your money back and his third period jersey for it... and I'd still have to think about it.

Keep in mind I also have no desire to be 'buddies' with someone just because they are a Flyer or an NHLer. I know a few and have met my fair share and they're just like everybody else.

Old
01-06-2012, 11:10 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Give it to me. I'll be your negotiator ;P

Just kidding.

Keep it and enjoy it. It's a piece of Flyer history. It's got a great story. To me and obviously to you, it's priceless. The only offer I'd consider is if Schenner gave you your money back and his third period jersey for it... and I'd still have to think about it.

Keep in mind I also have no desire to be 'buddies' with someone just because they are a Flyer or an NHLer. I know a few and have met my fair share and they're just like everybody else.
What was it Ernest Hemingway replied when somebody said?... "The rich are different from you and me.” ... He said “Yes, they have more money".

You can say that the players are the same as us... only they have more talent.

... Anyway... I have to tell HC that that was a wonderful purchase; very expensive, but very wonderful... Congratulations, Dude.

I am shocked how quickly they got it delivered to you.

Old
01-06-2012, 11:27 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:

Pros:
Possibly Meeting Schenn

Cons:
I gotta be honest, I'm pretty sure Schenn must've been offered the opportunity to keep his jersey.

I mean, Meigray didn't sell it before the game, so technically it was still up for grabs. But for some reason, it wasn't on the site anymore. Then they put it back up afterwards but didn't raise the price even knowing that it was Schenn's 1st goal jersey. It seems strange and almost impossible that they didn't offer it to Brayden in exchange for his 3rd period jersey.

I would assume that Schenn must've been offered the opportunity to keep it and he probably was like "whatever". He got his 1st goal puck (he definitely kept that b/c all the other goal pucks are up for auction on auctions.nhl.com) and I'm sure he kept his stick... that's probably enough for him.

That being said, if you got the opportunity to meet him @ some point (preferably this year) and could bring it with you, it would be a brilliant idea just to gauge his interest in having it. It could be a conversation starter and if you did happen to befriend him or trade some schwag for your jersey, or whatever, there could be some serious perks... think about it. Schenn is roommates w/ Giroux. What could be cooler as a young hockey fan than the chance to bro out w/ Schenn and Giroux and play some NHL 12?!?

Who knows, maybe Giroux will even whip you up some of his mashed potatoes . In fact, if it were me, Giroux's mashed potatoes would have to be included in the deal or else I'd keep the jersey .

Old
01-06-2012, 11:39 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
I gotta be honest, I'm pretty sure Schenn must've been offered the opportunity to keep his jersey.

I mean, Meigray didn't sell it before the game, so technically it was still up for grabs. But for some reason, it wasn't on the site anymore. Then they put it back up afterwards but didn't raise the price even knowing that it was Schenn's 1st goal jersey. It seems strange and almost impossible that they didn't offer it to Brayden in exchange for his 3rd period jersey.

I would assume that Schenn must've been offered the opportunity to keep it and he probably was like "whatever". He got his 1st goal puck (he definitely kept that b/c all the other goal pucks are up for auction on auctions.nhl.com) and I'm sure he kept his stick... that's probably enough for him.

That being said, if you got the opportunity to meet him @ some point (preferably this year) and could bring it with you, it would be a brilliant idea just to gauge his interest in having it. It could be a conversation starter and if you did happen to befriend him or trade some schwag for your jersey, or whatever, there could be some serious perks... think about it. Schenn is roommates w/ Giroux. What could be cooler as a young hockey fan than the chance to bro out w/ Schenn and Giroux and play some NHL 12?!?

Who knows, maybe Giroux will even whip you up some of his mashed potatoes . In fact, if it were me, Giroux's mashed potatoes would have to be included in the deal or else I'd keep the jersey .
Honestly, I'd hold out for a Giroux grilled cheese sandwich and a bowl of cereal whipped up by Danny Briere... but, hey... that's just me.

Old
01-06-2012, 11:48 PM
s3x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
I had the same thoughts. They must have offered it to him and he declined. Maybe he regrets that though. Who knows?

Old
01-07-2012, 07:07 AM
Flyers845

How do you know for sure it is the second period jersey and they didn't switch them? The inventory code?

Old
01-07-2012, 07:08 AM
pelts35.com

It is certainly possible that Schenn could have purchased the jersey, but perhaps he didn't want to spend that kind of money on it. However, he might be interested in trading it for his jersey. The one thing that I have learned over the years is that players aren't willing to spend the kind of amounts of money on jerseys as collectors do (in fact the one player I know thinks I am crazy on some of the auctions of his jerseys that i have won). However, some that collect their gear, are willing to trade, although some make ridiculously lowball offers that just would make you shake your head.

Either way, HC you can't go wrong. I'm just speaking from personal experience and offering an option that might create some additional memories to go along with the jersey. Enjoy it.

Old
01-07-2012, 12:13 PM
s3x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers845 View Post
How do you know for sure it is the second period jersey and they didn't switch them? The inventory code?
Ya know, I was wondering the same thing too. Maybe they did switch the third and second, or first and second period jerseys?

Old
01-07-2012, 12:29 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers845 View Post
Quote:
Ya know, I was wondering the same thing too. Maybe they did switch the third and second, or first and second period jerseys?
All the documentation says that it was worn in the 2nd period. The code on the Meigray tag matches up. Obviously they could do some shady stuff and have switched them and i'd never know. The only game wear I can find on it is in the picture that I posted and a small black mark on the front below and to the left of the logo.

Old
01-07-2012, 12:30 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
There may be some jersey dealers that would do this. Meigray is not one of them.

Old
01-07-2012, 01:51 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
There may be some jersey dealers that would do this. Meigray is not one of them.
If all the documentation matches and they did pull a switch and doctored up the documentation in the process... for all intents and purposes it is still the jersey worn for the goal with only Schenn (and a few other people) knowing and caring... It cannot be sold or displayed as such... and while HC may not have the real physical jersey, he has the one that is valued that way and in his mind is THE one... So, in that sense BOTH HC and Schenn would have what they want all the way around, as long as Schenn doesn't want to sell or display the jersey.

The only snag I could see would be if Schenn would go on to be greater than Gretzky and the jersey would really be worth a fortune either for a museum or for sale... in that case HC's would be THE jersey and some red faces would be around if Schenn would want to release the truth.

In any case, it really makes no difference in all reality... to anyone besides Schenn.

Old
01-07-2012, 02:14 PM
pelts35.com

Meigray has too much integrity to do what you posted. I wouldn't put it past other dealers though.

That said, there are marks on the jersey that HC has. If he really wanted to scour video and images I am sure he could photo match it, which would then cause a problem with Meigray. For that reason alone, Meigray would not risk switching the jerseys.

Old
01-07-2012, 02:20 PM
pelts35.com

Meigray has too much integrity to do what you posted. I wouldn't put it past other dealers though.

That said, there are marks on the jersey that HC has. If he really wanted to scour video and images I am sure he could photo match it, which would then cause a problem with Meigray. For that reason alone, Meigray would not risk switching the jerseys.

Old
01-07-2012, 03:02 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Better place to order from: Ice Jerseys or River City Sports? I ordered stuff from River City Sports a long time ago (not a jersey) and it was smooth sailing. Never ordered anything from Ice Jerseys before. Any insights on the quality, time, etc? Better options (not including going to skate zone)?

Old
01-07-2012, 03:05 PM
orangecrush8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Better place to order from: Ice Jerseys or River City Sports? I ordered stuff from River City Sports a long time ago (not a jersey) and it was smooth sailing. Never ordered anything from Ice Jerseys before. Any insights on the quality, time, etc? Better options (not including going to skate zone)?
Iv dealt with both, Icejerseys has much better communication and customer service. If you're getting a jersey from them, they arent quite 100% accruate, but they have gotten better and are pretty close. My younger brother got a Giroux from Icejerseys for xmas and the only thing that is wrong is the outer border on the numbers not being thick enough. They even used the skinnier numbers on the sleeves (most notable, an 8)

Old
01-07-2012, 03:39 PM
Krishna

vCash: 50
So, for christmas my mom got me a home Giroux jersey.. But she ordered it from the NHL shop.. Just got it.. Gonna upload a few pics in a few mins.. Something feels.. off..

Old
01-07-2012, 04:07 PM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Ignore the quality of the pic.. The jersey color is fine.. Its the numbers and nameplate that looks weird

X looks weird

Old
01-07-2012, 04:09 PM
orangecrush8

Hate to be a debbie downer but that's definitely not from the NHL shop.

Sadly, that is 100% fake

Notice the circle in the "R". A lot of fakes have that

Old
01-07-2012, 04:15 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post

I agree... was just sayin'.

I suppose Meigray had they wanted could have decided to in good faith pull the second and sell the third -- with all concerned being on board, that is -- but I'd guess that if they went that route they would be up front about it.

All this said... is there really any statement by Meigray and the NHL as to what jersey is being offered? It appears to me that all are playing the smart businessman and not bringing up that they wore a different jersey each period, and there is a determined disposition of each period -- not to say that the documentation would not clearly state when they were worn -- letting every person considering purchase/bidding think they have THE jersey the player wore in the game... or at least not calling attention to the fact it is otherwise.

Meigray arranging Schenn receiving the goal scoring Game Jersey is perfectly okay IMO if they are indeed up front and not deceptive... But I'd guess in this instance that HC has what the documentation denotes 100%... and I didn't mean to infer anything different in my last post.

Old
01-07-2012, 04:22 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecrush8 View Post
Hate to be a debbie downer but that's definitely not from the NHL shop.

Sadly, that is 100% fake

Notice the circle in the "R". A lot of fakes have that
And the sleeve numbers have that familiar and distinct look of those that are bootlegged.

... I always found it odd that the people who create the fakes are so attuned to getting the jerseys themselves, as well as the tags, to look like the real deal... yet not only do they fail to get the numbers and lettering to duplicate the official, but they have not corrected that circle letter hole error after all this time.

Closed Thread