HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eberle. Knee. Un*******believable.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-07-2012, 03:34 PM
  #51
McCupofOil
Bob The Builder
 
McCupofOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 5-14-6-1
Country: United States
Posts: 15,575
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
This team has shown it will consistently find a way to fail. Everything appears to be just bad luck and meanwhile solid organizations seem to have good luck all the time.

Teams make their own luck and when you walk around with a black cloud over you 'bad luck' will follow.
So RNH and Eberle got injured because of a mythical "black cloud"? Come on man, you sound ridiculous. It's due to bad luck and nothing else, how you can even argue that is beyond me.

McCupofOil is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 03:35 PM
  #52
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid
 
guymez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,493
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
So RNH and Eberle got injured because of a mythical "black cloud"? Come on man, you sound ridiculous. It's due to bad luck and nothing else, how you can even argue that is beyond me.
Take a look at the injury history for this team over the last 5 years and you tell me if its all just bad luck?

Teams create their own luck and good teams never seem to have these issues.

Why is that...just coincidence?

guymez is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 03:36 PM
  #53
Tad McMikowsky
Retired
 
Tad McMikowsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
Take a look at the injury history for this team over the last 5 years and you tell me if its all just bad luck?
No , you just are grasping straws, and don't really provide a valid argument.

Tad McMikowsky is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 03:37 PM
  #54
hugeegosorry
Registered User
 
hugeegosorry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 181
vCash: 500
What's Yakupov doing??? Doesn't he know he has to get injured AFTER he joins the Oilers?

Yakupov in thick-Malkin accent - "Sorry, guys"

hugeegosorry is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 03:40 PM
  #55
McCupofOil
Bob The Builder
 
McCupofOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 5-14-6-1
Country: United States
Posts: 15,575
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
Take a look at the injury history for this team over the last 5 years and you tell me if its all just bad luck?

Team create their own luck and good team never seem to have these issues.

Why is that...just coincidence?
Some injuries were due to bad luck (RNH, Eberle, Whitney) and other injuries were due to other teams taking liberties with our players (Gilbert, Hall, Hemsky in the last 2 years) which partially has to do with these being a soft team and not standing up physically so other teams can feel the need to take the physical play to the Oilers without repercussions so it's a mix of bad luck and losing culture.

My point is that these recent injuries to RNH and Eberle were solely due to bad luck, this really shouldn't be a debate.

McCupofOil is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 03:45 PM
  #56
phaedrusDH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
This team has shown it will consistently find a way to fail. Everything appears to be just bad luck and meanwhile solid organizations seem to have good luck all the time.

Teams make their own luck and when you walk around with a black cloud over you 'bad luck' will follow.
wah wah wah. you can't "MAKE" luck. you can make depth, you can make tough players, but you can't make luck. maybe some of this is to blame on management, but they also need to make sure that our young players are given the time to develop in the NHL.

i also don't think this team has a black cloud hanging over it. the players are stilling working hard, even on the last game of a long road trip.

phaedrusDH is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 04:03 PM
  #57
ekcut
Golden Ticket Winner
 
ekcut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,017
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ekcut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Its a year later so its a point later. I've checked and the math all works out..

At least next year we get to 44.
44 is already cursed...
Next year we get the double curse...players get hurt AND want out of town...all at the same time!

In fact...you can say they will be hurting themselves trying to get out of town....I'm surprised that hasn't happened yet!

ekcut is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 04:17 PM
  #58
killcrypt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 288
vCash: 500
This team is cursed. Tambellini is probably pleased, he gets another shot a lottery pick.

killcrypt is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 04:33 PM
  #59
Qrispy
Registered User
 
Qrispy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrypt View Post
This team is cursed. Tambellini is probably pleased, he gets another shot a lottery pick.
At the TSN studio:

Tambo: What's good errybody?!

Duthie: Oh ****! Sup mah man!

Tambo: How you been brah?

Duthie: Good bro, real good. You ready to pick Yakupov?

Tambo: You know it! We still on for dinner at your place?

Duthie: Oh yeah, my wife making a celebratory cake 'n' everythin' dawg.

Tambo: Sweet!

Qrispy is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 04:44 PM
  #60
Shinsuke Nakamura
King of Strong Style
 
Shinsuke Nakamura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,750
vCash: 500
Habs fan here. Any idea as to how severe Eberle's injury is?

Shinsuke Nakamura is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 04:45 PM
  #61
molsonmuscle360
Registered User
 
molsonmuscle360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ft. McMurray Ab
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,950
vCash: 50
Ya'll got some goofy theories in this place. Odds are anyway if we are drafting lottery this year, Tambo won't be there to make the pick. I'm pretty sure both his and Renneys contracts are up after this season, so if we keep sewering, he'll be out of a job.

But I'm sure someone around here will think that was his plan all along, he just wanted to be unemployed or something.

And to blame either of these injuries on anything other than bad luck is just stupid. How does someones skate getting caught in a rut and another guy getting his skate caught with another players make it anything other than an accident, I would really really like to know.

molsonmuscle360 is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 04:50 PM
  #62
GreatMcKeith
Super Smashed Oilers
 
GreatMcKeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16,919
vCash: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
Ya'll got some goofy theories in this place. Odds are anyway if we are drafting lottery this year, Tambo won't be there to make the pick. I'm pretty sure both his and Renneys contracts are up after this season, so if we keep sewering, he'll be out of a job.

But I'm sure someone around here will think that was his plan all along, he just wanted to be unemployed or something.

And to blame either of these injuries on anything other than bad luck is just stupid. How does someones skate getting caught in a rut and another guy getting his skate caught with another players make it anything other than an accident, I would really really like to know.
These things happened last year too.

The annoying thing is that this seems to happen when players start playing really well. Whitney was playing amazing last year then he hits a rut in the ice and Rexall and suddenly he looks terrible.

GreatMcKeith is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 04:50 PM
  #63
McLion
Gretzky to McDavid
 
McLion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,046
vCash: 500
Hall will be injured in the within the next 5 games for sure.

McLion is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 04:52 PM
  #64
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
RNH magically falling into the boards and Eberle getting his knee twisted up with Benn is bad luck, nothing more nothing less.
Eberle and Nugent-Hopkins have been getting softened up like piñatas all season long. It was only a matter of time before they suffered inexplicable injuries.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 04:54 PM
  #65
GreatMcKeith
Super Smashed Oilers
 
GreatMcKeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16,919
vCash: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Eberle and Nugent-Hopkins have been getting softened up like piñatas all season long. It was only a matter of time before they suffered inexplicable injuries.
Then why is Gagner still fine?

GreatMcKeith is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 04:55 PM
  #66
kitchen44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 402 View Post
I didn't see the injury but is it safe to say no Allstar game for eberle
Maybe I'll get to see him in the bar again like I did last all-star break

kitchen44 is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 04:56 PM
  #67
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Then why is Gagner still fine?
Gagner's always been more durable than people give him credit for. Jones stomped on his arm last year on the bench - that's a freak injury.

Nugent-Hopkins was fighting some pretty extreme fatigue prior to his injury.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 04:57 PM
  #68
molsonmuscle360
Registered User
 
molsonmuscle360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ft. McMurray Ab
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,950
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Then why is Gagner still fine?
Or Smid, he's probably stopped more pucks then Dubnyk this year. I bet that dudes legs and stomach are purple and green and black and all sorts of fun colors.

molsonmuscle360 is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 04:57 PM
  #69
GreatMcKeith
Super Smashed Oilers
 
GreatMcKeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16,919
vCash: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Gagner's always been more durable than people give him credit for. Jones stomped on his arm last year on the bench - that's a freak injury.

Nugent-Hopkins was fighting some pretty extreme fatigue prior to his injury.
I won't deny that, but that's a little concerning for both RNH and Eberle if that really is the case.

GreatMcKeith is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 04:59 PM
  #70
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
Or Smid, he's probably stopped more pucks then Dubnyk this year. I bet that dudes legs and stomach are purple and green and black and all sorts of fun colors.
Again, some people are just more durable than others. Smid's in good shape just so long as he doesn't get hit in the head.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 05:00 PM
  #71
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
I won't deny that, but that's a little concerning for both RNH and Eberle if that really is the case.
It wouldn't be a big concern if the Oilers were a little tougher and weren't letting other teams abuse Nuge and Eberle.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 05:01 PM
  #72
Stoneman89
Registered User
 
Stoneman89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Gagner's always been more durable than people give him credit for. Jones stomped on his arm last year on the bench - that's a freak injury.

Nugent-Hopkins was fighting some pretty extreme fatigue prior to his injury.

Gagner needs to toughen up his hands.

Stoneman89 is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 05:02 PM
  #73
Eytinge
Registered User
 
Eytinge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 10,814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
Or Smid, he's probably stopped more pucks then Dubnyk this year. I bet that dudes legs and stomach are purple and green and black and all sorts of fun colors.
Smid is usually good for at least one injury a year. He hasn't had a healthy year in awhile. Just you wait, he's next on the hockey god's list.

Eytinge is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 05:02 PM
  #74
GreatMcKeith
Super Smashed Oilers
 
GreatMcKeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16,919
vCash: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
It wouldn't be a big concern if the Oilers were a little tougher and weren't letting other teams abuse Nuge and Eberle.
Maybe they should fight like Gagner.

GreatMcKeith is offline  
Old
01-07-2012, 05:03 PM
  #75
Stoneman89
Registered User
 
Stoneman89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
It wouldn't be a big concern if the Oilers were a little tougher and weren't letting other teams abuse Nuge and Eberle.

I'm missing something. In what way did the opposition abuse Eberle and RNH on their injuries? Far as I could tell, they were fine just prior to.

Stoneman89 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.