1) Jose Theodore's 2002 season. One for the ages, and one of the greatest collection of goaltending performances I have ever seen. I was so proud that it culminated in a Hart Trophy. Beating the Bruins that year in the playoffs was magic too. I remember Koivu scoring a goal in the series, and the crowd went absolutely nuts.
2) Sheldon Souray had a 5 point night against the Pens in 2003/04. He was a top defenseman for us in those days.
3) Upsetting the Bruins in 2004 playoffs was brilliant too. We were down 3-1 in the series, and I remember being down the night Kovalev faked his arm injury after the slash. But the Canadiens clawed back, and Theo was magnificent in Game 7. It was such a shame to lose to Tampa that year, but they had a better team.
4) First two games of the 2006 playoffs against the Canes. Had the momentum going home against the eventual Stanley Cup champions, only to fizzle out after the Canes and Justin Williams got away with injuring Saku Koivu for the rest of the playoffs.
5) 2007, final game of the year: Awful memories. We lost to the Leafs, and were knocked out of the playoffs. Halak was incredible down the stretch, but Carbonneau decided to go with Huet for the final game. It was a disaster. However, I remember the entire country being gripped with tension over that hockey game.
6) Second half of the 2008 season: Canadiens were the hottest team in the league, and Alex Kovalev was massive. It was so disappointing to lose to the Flyers in the second round.
In no particular order...
1. Halak's game 6 performance against Washington. Best goaltending performance I've seen in my life
2. Koivu's first game back after battling cancer.
3. the comeback! Beating the Ranger 6-5 after being down 5-0 (I was at that game!
4. Carey Price's first game as a Montreal Canadien v. Pittsburgh (A Star is Born)
5. Eller's 4-goal night
6. Patrick Roy retirement evening
7. Cammalleri's hat-trick, centennial game
8. The Halak Trade
9. Cunneyworth's hiring
10. Cammalleri, Gionta, Gomez, Spacek, Gill...all acquired within a couple of days.