HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Scott Hartnell

Old
01-04-2012, 03:53 PM
CptCannon

vCash: 500
Just love when Hartnell is crashing the net for scoring chance, he either puts the puck in the back of the net or runs over the goalie - sometimes he does both.

CptCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 04:43 PM
JoeFlyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post
That's cute, but be real. Anyone with size and a willingness to play infront of the net with players that create as many chances as Giroux and Jagr will reap huge benefits.
Right... And the point is surely that he is doing it... It's one thing to 'anyone with size and a willingness...' But it's far easier said than done, he also has more points than Jagr (and a very marginally better p/g) so I don't think its simply a case of being big and willing.

I was pushing for him to be traded a few years back, he grew on me last season and he still takes more minors than I'd like but, credit where it's due, I think he's an integral player for us now.

Still can't see him as captain, somethings just not there for me, deffo an 'A' but not the 'C'... Still like I said he's proved me wrong before an I'd be happy to be wrong again...

JoeFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 07:47 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
So does Simmonds, and Simmonds is better at hockey.
So... I'm guessing you actually don't watch much of the Flyers games these days?

That's the only way that you could actually say that Simmonds is "better at hockey".

Have you seen Wayne "Black Giroux" Simmonds attempt to dangle around defensemen (only to fail) when there's a wide open pass to be made? Have you seen old stone hands around the net when someone gives him a golden opportunity to finish and he fails epically?

I like Simmonds, love what he brings, but you've got to be s**ting me saying that he's got more hockey ability than Hartnell. Is he faster? Sure he is. Is he a lot dumber w/ the puck and is he a lot worse @ finishing than Hartnell? YEP.

Speed isn't everything. Hartnell keeps stuff simple on the G line and knows his role and it's working perfectly. Why isn't that OK with you?

Oh, and btw, Simmonds plays the powerplay w/ G instead of Hartnell. Our powerplay blows. Explain this, please?

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 08:16 PM
boodangleroo28

Oh, and btw, Simmonds plays the powerplay w/ G instead of Hartnell. Our powerplay blows. Explain this, please?[/QUOTE]

Never really understood why that is

boodangleroo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 08:27 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post

Oh, and btw, Simmonds plays the powerplay w/ G instead of Hartnell. Our powerplay blows. Explain this, please?
We're 11th on the PP. Not awful.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 10:49 PM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
So does Simmonds, and Simmonds is better at hockey.
Simmonds is good yes, but Hartnell can be a top line forward while Simmonds will be a 2nd/3rd liner for his career. Which I like, Simmonds should come cheap and we need players with his grit and style of play.

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 11:24 PM
qwertysac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptCannon View Post
Just love when Hartnell is crashing the net for scoring chance, he either puts the puck in the back of the net or runs over the goalie - sometimes he does both.

qwertysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 08:47 PM
Flyersfan139

Another great game by Hartnell tonight. He absolutely deserves a trip to the all star game this year imo.

Flyersfan139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 08:49 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersfan139 View Post
Another great game by Hartnell tonight. He absolutely deserves a trip to the all star game this year imo.
Agree, he's taken his game up a notch this year for sure.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 08:52 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 300
I love when Hartnell makes plays that look like the plays Giroux makes

King Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 08:54 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersfan139 View Post
I love the leadership too. Notice his reaction to the goal he scored. No ridiculous celebration, he instantly pointed to G and Read to thank them for their work and he didn't even smile cause he knew the work wasn't done... it was only 2-2 and Hartsy wanted a W.

That's why I think he could be the next captain of the Flyers.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 04:53 PM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
I think we should trade Harntell while his value is high. He's producing right now because he's on a line with God and Jesus Christ.

Deep down inside he's still bad at hockey.
This i disagree with totally......Hartnell is not a great Skater, but he is EXTREMELY strong on the puck along the boards, out front etc, and he has great vision on the ice,,,,,Roo and Jagr etc, love playing with him. Briere has struggled with out Hartnell ?He has all the intangibles that many players do not have.

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 05:29 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
This i disagree with totally......Hartnell is not a great Skater, but he is EXTREMELY strong on the puck along the boards, out front etc, and he has great vision on the ice,,,,,Roo and Jagr etc, love playing with him. Briere has struggled with out Hartnell ?He has all the intangibles that many players do not have.
I think Briere is struggling without Leino more than Hartnell

Old
01-06-2012, 06:40 PM
Mgkibbles

Hartnell is bad at hockey, nobody is struggling without him.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 06:55 PM
bryzgalovsky*

Quote:
Get real.

Hartnell sets up opportunities for Giroux and Jagr too.

bryzgalovsky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 06:58 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
I like Hartnell

01-07-2012, 06:15 AM
Xegiie

Hartsy is really good i said it before i ll say it now again, did you see his goal last game?, Simmonds wouldn't finish it, you can bet anything you want on it.
He can play hockey and he brings a lot more than just that.
He is my 2nd favorite after Jagr on par with Roo, then i really like Bryz as a person, but his results are dissapointing

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 05:40 PM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
There are 29 other clubs who would really like to have such a bad hockey player ?If Hartnell is a bad hockey player, we must have one terrible team this season ?Lavy must be one aloof coach to use such a terrible player the way he does ?

Old
01-07-2012, 05:46 PM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
I think Briere is struggling without Leino more than Hartnell
that's a fair point, probably 60-40 Leino in that mix.Although maybe Leino is missing Harts more than Briere this season ?

Old
01-07-2012, 05:49 PM
decadentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
It's funny to see how many people like him now, both Flyer fans and Flyer haters. He really only had one bad season which was the year he and his wife split. Even then, he got it together in the playoffs. He's going to warrant a pay raise after this contract expires.
I don't know, you honestly think he warrants more than 4.2 million? That's a bit significant when you think about it.

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 05:55 PM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dikkens View Post
Last night my friends dad told me Hartnell would be his first choice for captain if he was in Holmgren's shoes and I nearly did a spit take. But after thinking about it for a while, it kind of makes sense. He seems to have recently picked up a level of maturity in his game and doesnt seem to be all over the ice doing stupid ****. When Scottie is on his game he represents everything that Flyers hockey is about.
You dad is a smart man......Hartnell has many great leadership qualities,and he has tons of heart !I consider him a Flyers Legend for what he brings each night....Not a great skater, but he has great vision and he is NAILS out front.Very underrated player for all kinds of reasons.

Old
01-08-2012, 12:03 AM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
You dad is a smart man......Hartnell has many great leadership qualities,and he has tons of heart !I consider him a Flyers Legend for what he brings each night....Not a great skater, but he has great vision and he is NAILS out front.Very underrated player for all kinds of reasons.
Hartnell won't ever sniff captaincy. He has many attributes on paper that look great for a captain, but it'll never happen. He's just not a captain.

Old
01-08-2012, 01:12 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
For some reason I feel like you just enjoy saying stuff to "piss" people off, and see how they react because you bring nothing to the conversation.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 01:27 AM
Ryadem

Hartnell can drive me up the wall at times, but I'll give him credit for this season. He's been outstanding and a huge part of the offense to date.

Ryadem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 09:49 AM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
Hartnell won't ever sniff captaincy. He has many attributes on paper that look great for a captain, but it'll never happen. He's just not a captain.
One of the biggest attributes and qualities of a great captain or "leader" is them having the respect of those they lead, and them leading by example both on and off duty. [ the ice].I think Hartnell is very much respected by his mates, and he certainly shows tremendous courage each night the way he will stick his body right out front of the net with 90+ mph shots whizzing by his head etc and by the way he will immediately stick up for his mates by dropping the gloves if need be. Hartnell is also a very articulate person during interviews etc, and not the "dummy" some think he is....Plus he has Orange hair !That's the ultimate trump card for a Flyer captain ! LOL