HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

#42 Kings get BJ'd ... Can we just STOP w/ Afternoon games already ?

Old
01-07-2012, 06:19 PM
damacles1156

vCash: 500
Wonder if Sutter is now saying to himself (oh boy what did I just get myself into).

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 06:20 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Wonder if Sutter is now saying to himself (oh boy what did I just get myself into).
Seeing as he said, they had a good start...I don't think so.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger23 View Post
I'm not going to make excuses, but as Fox pointed out numerous times, Dustin Brown SUCKS at screening the goaltender. They are waiting for someone to get in front of the goaltender for a screen but nothing is happening. Then when they do shoot DB just moves to the side to not get hit with the puck, giving the goalie an easy save.

At this point every forward, and I mean every forward needs to be up on the trading block. They need help.
Handzus and Smyth are great at screening....Kings are missing that.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
It's actually a perfect storm I feel.

Losing Zues/symth/Simmer, has impacted this team for the worse. If Dean is so bent on running the Same system, he should have never let those guys out of LA.

This current roster doesn't play that system down low Consistently. Also what the hell is whith Jack/Drew; They wait all the time for Defenders to get into position.

I know for a fact that is not on ANY coaches diagram. Firing Stevens/Komp whatever is not going to make a lick of difference.

This roster can't score, by now they should have scored at 2.5 Goal pace by accident.
Sure bringing in new coaches would have a massive impact on how the team plays. Stevens ruins our defencive play (pun intended) and whatever the kids are doing wrong on D would be addressed and corrected by a more knowledgeable coach. Stevens simply isn't a good defencive coach. Just because he was a head coach in Philly doesn't mean he is capable of being a good coach at one portion of the play.

I am not certain about Zuess leaving being the problem but the Simmonds Clifford Lewis (etc) line was an exceptional line. That said Richards was worth the deal and Simmonds doesn't do anything so special that he shouldn't be able to be replaced effectively, especially when you consider how overloaded we are with top end D talent.

The current roster also absolutely plays the exact same system down low that they have been for the past year and a half.

If you want to point the finger at when we stopped having an effective and balanced scoring/D attack take a look back at when Hardy ran our D. The D was much better prepared and also played a much more aggressive style when he was here then it currently does.

Hardy was also the architect of DD8's best season so far as well.

If coaching wouldn't make a like of difference then why are coaches so important to a teams overall success? Why fire Murray at all?

I have to disagree with you.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Hopefully he's asking Dean to fire the assistants so that he can start coaching his system.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 06:22 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
Handzus and Smyth are great at screening....Kings are missing that.
Weren't they 25th last year? It's not like they were good.

Old
01-07-2012, 06:22 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Seeing as he said, they had a good start...I don't think so.
And he also said, they need to bang the puck away during the pp... how about a little creativity? Johnson and Doughty NEED to move around and not wait trying to get the best shot.

Old
01-07-2012, 06:23 PM
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre

As of 4:20pm Pacific time on January 7th:

Nashville is projected to finish 8th with 94 points (Kings on pace to tie with Colorado for 9th with 92 points). To qualify, the Kings need 48 more points in the remaining 40 games, a record of 24-16 (a percentage of .600).

So far I've only been relaying the stats, but I'm pretty seriously concerned here. The Kings have won 20 and lost 22, and the only reason they're "above .500" is the loser point. To have lost more than they've won, more than halfway through the season, and having to win at a .600 clip from here on out...

I'm not going to even bother with the "winning the Pacific" numbers.

HansH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 06:23 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Weren't they 25th last year? It's not like they were good.
25th>>>30th

Old
01-07-2012, 06:24 PM
BringTheReign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I will take on all comers who say F this team or talk garbage about it.

Find another team if that is how you feel.

We need work.

We have ZERO balance.

We play TERRY MURRAYS SYSTEM.

DS is a GREAT coach and so far his only problem is that he seems unwilling to FIRE Stevens and Kompn and take over the team. Bring in a couple of people who know how to open up things without giving up all of our D prowess.

We have the talent and used to be able to more with less. Now we are mired in this TM "play tight and force the other team to make a mistake" BLLLPOOP system. It is time to take over the reigns DS.

The fans around here are better than a bunch of snivelling cry babies who hate the team when the trouble lies elsewhere. We are smarter then that so it kills me when I see people rip apart the team. They are doing what they have been instructed to do.

Me, I say GO KINGS GO!

This team is a very good one and is closer to winning then it is to losing. I can give you SEVERAL years where the opposite was true.
It's an internet message board. You're overreacting at everyone's panic is driven by the same state of mind that the panicked fans are in when they look at your post and think that anyone can sit on their high horse behind a keyboard.

It's the internet, people are going to say whatever they want, and if you think even 10% of the people here are as serious as their words are based off of what they posted, then, well...let's just say you shouldn't.

BringTheReign is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
25th>>>30th
Only for getting people fired.

Lombardi is next.

Old
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by topliner967 View Post
What was the problem this season when TM was coaching then? Last season they scored more and played better (had puck possession in corners, cycling the puck and wearing other teams out). Is it because they've lost Smyth and Handzus, who fit that kind of system better, and now that we've brought in Richards/Gagne we need to have a more flying offence?

Not trying to be sarcastic, just wondering what people on these board think the issue is; the talent/skill is there, but it's much the same talent that played better last season.
In this case I would say that it is a combination of our not having anyone who can score playing LW coupled along with the fact that Stevens has full control over our D system including our team D. DS hasn't reached the ten game mark yet and it is going to take a little time for him to implement/improve the current system but Stevens and TM where cut from the same page out of the same book on their idea of how the game should be played.

DS is a stay at home work hard guy but he is also and more importantly up to this point in his career been a guy who preaches the absolute need for having a balanced attack.

We have ZERO balance to our attack.

It is time for DS to realize that what we are doing isn't going to work and to bring in the kind of people who can get us playing DS style hockey.

We have enough talent to play both ends of the ice and still score more than two goals a game.

Old
damacles1156

Pretty sure Sutter has been working with the Power play himself. Didn't that article point out he was focusing on that ?

The PP still sucks. Maybe ....just maybe the Players are not good enough ?

I mean you you guys keep blaming the Coaches. But I am pretty sure PSP/Herby/Butch/Tomd among others told you guys the scoring woes would continue even with Murray Fired.

The Roster is more of a problem I feel.

The good thing is Murray is gone and now the Kings will know for sure if this roster is more the problem.

Old
01-07-2012, 06:25 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheReign View Post
It's an internet message board. You're overreacting at everyone's panic is driven by the same state of mind that the panicked fans are in when they look at your post and think that anyone can sit on their high horse behind a keyboard.

It's the internet, people are going to say whatever they want, and if you think even 10% of the people here are as serious as their words are based off of what they posted, then, well...let's just say you shouldn't.
But then you pointing that out puts you in the exact same place..........

I am aware and thanks.

Old
01-07-2012, 06:26 PM
tomd

Quote:
It's actually a perfect storm I feel.

Losing Zues/symth/Simmer, has impacted this team for the worse. If Dean is so bent on running the Same system, he should have never let those guys out of LA.

This current roster doesn't play that system down low Consistently. Also what the hell is whith Jack/Drew; They wait all the time for Defenders to get into position.

I know for a fact that is not on ANY coaches diagram. Firing Stevens/Komp whatever is not going to make a lick of difference.

This roster can't score, by now they should have scored at 2.5 Goal pace by accident.
You are EXACTLY correct. The issue is the players themselves. They are collectively WAY below average offensively.

People still think of Williams, Gagne, and Penner as effective NHL players. Newsflash: THEY ARE NOT.

The bottom six doesn't exist and hasn't all year.

WIthout Quick, this team IS Columbus.

tomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 06:29 PM
GraniteHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Stop blaming the afternoon start. The afternoon start has nothing to do with what a joke this team is.
Stop blaming Jamie Kompon. Although it's apparent he can't make it right, he's not the guys on the ice making it wrong. Seriously, you believe bringing in another coach will make it right? They did that already. Fired Murray, brought in Sutter... team is scoring LESS goals now than they were before. And that's not Sutter's fault nor Murray's. The team is overrated by the fans. Period. Maximum suckage.

And Drew Doughty... my GOD... he looks like he's cashed his paycheck in quarters and is wearing it in his shorts...

GraniteHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 06:29 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
You are EXACTLY correct. The issue is the players themselves. They are collectively WAY below average offensively.

People still think of Williams, Gagne, and Penner as effective NHL players. Newsflash: THEY ARE NOT.

The bottom six doesn't exist and hasn't all year.

WIthout Quick, this team IS Columbus.
I can't disagree with regard to any of the three players mentioned, and I don't disagree with the last sentence either. It is time to fire the GM and bring in somebody who will take corrective measures. Gagne was an effective NHl player, now who knows, he's injured all the time and hasn't looked good since the first few weeks of the season. Williams is just a mess. Penner's Penner.

But that said, the team isn't a complete long way off becoming what we want them to be if somebody is brought in to replace DL.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 06:30 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteHead View Post
Stop blaming Jamie Kompon. Although it's apparent he can't make it right, he's not the guys on the ice making it wrong. Seriously, you believe bringing in another coach will make it right? They did that already. Fired Murray, brought in Sutter... team is scoring LESS goals now than they were before. And that's not Sutter's fault nor Murray's. The team is overrated by the fans. Period. Maximum suckage.

And Drew Doughty... my GOD... he looks like he's cashed his paycheck in quarters and is wearing it in his shorts...
B-I-N-G-O

tomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 06:30 PM
ean

We are a much faster team now that we have Richards and no longer have Smyth/Handzus. Yet the Kings make no attempt to take advantage of how fast they are. Their puck movement through the.neutral zone is terrible which is why they have no speed entering the offrnsive zone which is why their only options is to skate it wide, around the net, and then maybe kick it back to JJ so he can miss the net by 8 feet.

ean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 06:32 PM
Shellz

Quote:

Lol.

Old
01-07-2012, 06:33 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

I don't understand how you guys can blame Lombardi for not acquiring a top-flight scorer right now when there AREN'T ANY AVAILABLE.

TwoForRoughing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 06:33 PM
damacles1156

Quote:

Drew I wish this Kid would just play like we know he can. I still say losing Sean OD was the worst move Dean made with Drew.

Sean was great keeping Drew in Check.

Old
01-07-2012, 06:34 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGoo View Post
I don't understand how you guys can blame Lombardi for not acquiring a top-flight scorer right now when there AREN'T ANY AVAILABLE.
I am blaming him for not getting one after Six years, Or at least drafting a decent one.

Old
01-07-2012, 06:34 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGoo View Post
I don't think anyone's blaming him for not acquiring one immediately. But he had six years to acquire one. I was just finishing high school when DL signed with the Kings, now I'm 24. We haven't had a prolific goalscorer acquired by DL in all that time, and we've had some let go. It's hard to accept. The reigning Cup champions have turned over their roster multiple times during that time frame, and so have the Kings. The proof's in the pudding.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 06:36 PM
Shellz

The funniest part is people blaming Doughty. What about Kopitar? What about Johnson? What about the whole god damn team. Stop singling players out. You look foolish.

Do people not remember he was the reason the Kings won last game? For driving to the god damn net.