HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#42 Kings get BJ'd ... Can we just STOP w/ Afternoon games already ?

Old
01-07-2012, 06:37 PM
damacles1156

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
I don't think anyone's blaming him for not acquiring one immediately. But he had six years to acquire one. I was just finishing high school when he was acquired, now I'm 24. We haven't had a prolific goalscorer acquired by DL in all that time, and we've had some let go. It's hard to accept.
Machand and Lucic in the same Draft after Kings picks I believe too boot. I just cry a little inside every time I see/remind myself of that.

Not to mention Cluade freakin Giroux after trevor lewis.....

damacles1156 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 06:38 PM
Shellz

I just wish the Kings would pick a route. Losing or winning. Atop this in between crap.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 06:39 PM
Shellz

Wah wah wah. We didn't draft so and so. I don't get it. Get over it.

Old
01-07-2012, 06:40 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGoo View Post
I don't understand how you guys can blame Lombardi for not acquiring a top-flight scorer right now when there AREN'T ANY AVAILABLE.
I don't blame him for doing that right now. I blame him for not filling that HUGE hole over the past five plus ****ing years. Gaborik was willing to sign here for christ sake and we would not have had to give-up anything for him.

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 06:40 PM
tomd

Quote:
I can't disagree with regard to any of the three players mentioned, and I don't disagree with the last sentence either. It is time to fire the GM and bring in somebody who will take corrective measures. Gagne was an effective NHl player, now who knows, he's injured all the time and hasn't looked good since the first few weeks of the season. Williams is just a mess. Penner's Penner.

But that said, the team isn't a complete long way off becoming what we want them to be if somebody is brought in to replace DL.
IMO they are farther away than you think.

The only top 6 fowards worth keeping are Kopitar, Richards, and Brown.

The bottom 6? Maybe Clifford b/c of his age but he should be in the AHL. I don't think any of the rest of the bottom six are keepers if you have your eyes set on the SC.

So that's 7-9 forwards that need upgrading.

The defense? Pretty solid now but Johnson looks like he isn't going to get any better and Scuderi, Greene, and Mitchell will need to be replaced in the next 1-3 years.

Overall, Lombardi has created a complete mess...with no cap room to spare.

tomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 06:45 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
I don't blame him for doing that right now. I blame him for not filling that HUGE hole over the past five plus ****ing years. Gaborik was willing to sign here for christ sake and we would not have had to give-up anything for him.
It's easier to sit there now and say he should have signed Gabby.

Old
01-07-2012, 06:45 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post

The bottom 6? Maybe Clifford b/c of his age but he should be in the AHL. I don't think any of the rest of the bottom six are keepers if you have your eyes set on the SC.

The defense? Pretty solid now but Johnson looks like he isn't going to get any better and Scuderi, Greene, and Mitchell will need to be replaced in the next 1-3 years.

I am losing the little patience I have for Johnson, The guy is supremely athletic. But man does he just not bring it enough.

Like I keep telling myself though, I have to accept Jack for what he is.

Old
01-07-2012, 06:47 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Quote:

All that stuff can be fixed over a year and a half in theory. I mean...and I know people might get pissed off over me saying this, but Burke did it. Bottom six guys are able to be found if we have the right GM in place to evaluate NHL talent and it is abundantly clear we DO NOT.

The bottom six on this team is a problem of unbelievable scope. As you said there's one bottom six forward on this team worth keeping at best, but those guys can be acquired. The GM just has to have the correct vision. The guy we have now says he has that vision. That comes into question ever more by the day. If this continues there's no doubt TL will pull the plug on Dean. He had no problem doing it with Murray.

The only thing that separates DL from regular schmuck GM #12 is that Dean says he has a plan. Unfortunately that's how it looks. Our forward depth below this level is screwed. Team's begging for a callup with nobody to call.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 06:47 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
It's easier to sit there now and say he should have signed Gabby.
That's pretty funny considering I was pissed off that Lombardi didn't sign him THEN!

Old
01-07-2012, 06:48 PM
topliner967

I don't think most fans overrate the team (the roster). If anything most of the media did that a few years ago, saying Kings had some of the best young "core players" (Kopitar, Doughty, Johnson etc.). And that was probably true, lots of potential, and there still is. I think most people are surprised by how bad the team has performed this season, compared to last, when arguably the roster has overall been improved for this season.

Penner, Williams and Gagne have all proved in previous years that they can score goals. But clearly all of them seemed to have peaked, and DL doesn't seem to able to acquire (through trade or draft) some young and upcoming scoring talent. Goalies and D are in good shape, offence not so much. I dunno, something clearly needs to change to get this team going, it's been going on for too long by now. This season is already lost, although I think it's far to say that this team has underachieved and I don't think you are overrating the roster by saying that.

topliner967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 06:49 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Wah wah wah. We didn't draft so and so. I don't get it. Get over it.
lol.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
The Staples Center.

Toyota Sports Center.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
damacles1156

Quote:
All that stuff can be fixed over a year and a half in theory. I mean...and I know people might get pissed off over me saying this, but Burke did it. Bottom six guys are able to be found if we have the right team in place to evaluate NHL talent and it is abundantly clear we DO NOT.

The bottom six on this team is a problem of unbelievable scope. As you said there's one bottom six forward on this team worth keeping at best, but those guys can be acquired. The GM just has to have the correct vision. The guy we have now says he has that vision. That comes into question ever more by the day. If this continues there's no doubt TL will pull the plug on Dean. He had no problem doing it with Murray.

The only thing that separates DL from regular schmuck GM #12 is that Dean says he has a plan. Unfortunately that's how it looks. Our forward depth below this level is screwed. Team's begging for a callup with nobody to call.
Dale Tallon is also doing it in Florida, they have had their Struggles. But that team looks way better than they did a year ago. A lot of his FA signings have worked out, the Team plays a better game.

Old
01-07-2012, 06:51 PM
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
Pathetic. Kopitar and Richards played like **** today.
Quote:
So...

Kopitar was playing great, Brown was put on his line, 1 goal in 21 games. Richards was playing great, got hurt, came back, still playing well with a couple of goals, put on a line with Brown, hasn't scored since.

This is not a ****ing coincidence!

I'm not saying that this is the sole reason why the Kings are losing, or even that I want Brown traded, just get him the **** off the top line!

Ugh. I feel better now., sort of.

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 06:51 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
That's pretty funny considering I was pissed off that Lombardi didn't sign him THEN!
I would love to find that threas. Not because I don't believe but to read the responses.

Old
01-07-2012, 06:54 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Boys calm down........

These young players were destroyed by Murrays system for 5 years.
Everyone was laughing at me when i predicted exactly this hockey future.

Anyways...
IMO i needs at least to march change the team at least a little bit into the direction to play hockey again.

This is exactly what reflects our beloved franchise from top to bottom.
Safe moves only, no guts, no fun and no vision.

I still scratch my head when i have Lombardis words in mye ar like "Powerhouse"
"build to win" "winning mentality".
The real problem is we don't have a direction. Are we a top 9 bottom 6 or are we a top 6 bototm 6 team.
We don't have the player for each of the systems. So i would like to hear an explanaition what we realy are.
If we are a top and bottom 6 team our bototm 6 is pathetic.

As long as people like Kompon or Lombardi are in charge we well be this seed #7-8 team that barely makes the playoff and gets kicked out in round one or two.

The sad thing is we have the players to compete for the cup.
There were justd estroyed for 5 years by coaching and mangement handling.
Adding non hockey players to this team wasn't helping also

Anyways.... we should wait at least until MArch to see what and who is changing and stay away from any trade.
Our players have the most low value ever and i will puke to see Penner or Williams scoring 35 goals somewhere else and we traded them for 3rd rounder.

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 06:54 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Dale Tallon is also doing it in Florida, they have had their Struggles. But that team looks way better than they did a year ago.
I think Tallon had a lot more cap room to work with.

LA is at the limit now. Sure, Penner and Stoll disappear next year but still need to be replaced. And Quick will get a HUGE raise.

Overall, I don't see how Lombardi (or his successor) can quickly get things fixed.

Old
01-07-2012, 06:55 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Quote:
I would love to find that threas. Not because I don't believe but to read the responses.
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=657188

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=658297

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
So...

Kopitar was playing great, Brown was put on his line, 1 goal in 21 games. Richards was playing great, got hurt, came back, still playing well with a couple of goals, put on a line with Brown, hasn't scored since.

I'm not saying that this is the sole reason why the Kings are losing, or even that I want Brown traded, just get him the **** off the top line!

Not opposed to moving Brown around the lineup, But to ask who do you replace him with ? I mean Williams is pretty much the only RW we have after Brown.

Old
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
lol.
What are you lol'ing...she is completely correct. Every team can sit there and look at every draft and say they should have picked player xyz.

It's a waste of time. Don't act like the kings knew giroux was going to be an all star and refused to take him. The guy was drafted 24th iirc. Which means that Philly honestly got a little bit lucky and did a good job developing.

I swear to god some of you act like our management purposefully picked worse players for the lulz

Drafting always has been and always will be an in exact science. If you sit there and cherry pick a teams draft history then you are arguing probably from the worst possible positions.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 06:56 PM
Shellz

Thank you!

Old
01-07-2012, 06:56 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
So...

I was being gracious with Brown. He plays about 30 games a year like a top 6 forward and the other 50 as a bottom 6 forward.

Old
01-07-2012, 06:57 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
What are you lol'ing...she is completely correct. Every team can sit there and look at every draft and say they should have picked player xyz.

It's a waste of time. Don't act like the kings knew giroux was going to be an all star and refused to take him. The guy was drafted 24th iirc. Which means that Philly honestly got a little bit lucky and did a good job developing.

I swear to god some of you act like our management purposefully picked worse players for the lulz

Drafting always has been and always will be an in exact science. If you sit there and cherry pick a teams draft history then you are arguing probably from the worst possible positions.
I just wish for once the Kings would get lucky , Marchand and Lucic in the same draft lucky. Hey maybe next year is the year it happens.

Old
01-07-2012, 06:58 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Thank you!
It's kind of depressing reading these threads.

Old
01-07-2012, 06:58 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
I wasn't even on this site then. When you have a top flight goal scoring LW (which fills the #1 hole on the team) who wants to sign with your team, you do so. All Gabby wanted was 5 years, not 10 or 15 like some of these other dumb contracts out there. I don't blame Lombardi for the Kovy fiasco because I believe the Kings were used, Gabby however, he screwed-up.