HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Dale Weise - Total Beauty

Old
01-07-2012, 07:20 PM
moog35

vCash: 500
Dale Weise - Total Beauty

I have been very critical of the lack of toughness the Canucks have shown this season but credit must be given where its due. Weise isn't much of a fighter but hes always there to have his teammates back, he sticks up for himself he doesn't totally suck on the 4th line and best of all he doesn't take stupid penalties. Kind of a ***** move with the Thornton challenge but he did just have a great tilt with Horton

moog35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 07:23 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by moog35 View Post
I have been very critical of the lack of toughness the Canucks have shown this season but credit must be given where its due. Weise isn't much of a fighter but hes always there to have his teammates back, he sticks up for himself he doesn't totally suck on the 4th line and best of all he doesn't take stupid penalties. Kind of a ***** move with the Thornton challenge but he did just have a great tilt with Horton
Not if you ask Don Cherry!

Why would Weise fight Thornton, it had nothing to do with the game at all, it was a smart play, one he should not have gotten a penalty for.

So if you throw your gloves on the ice, does the guy your glove lands closest to get 2 minutes for unsportsmanlike?

NHL=BUSH LEAGUE

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 07:23 PM
Haka

Thornton was pretty confused in his post game comments about what happened there, he said that Weiss said, "lets go" but maybe Weiss planned on fighting McQuaid instead, but from the video that we saw it didn't appear like that.

Thornton probably would have tooled Weiss, so I'm glad he didn't fight him but if he did bail out of the fight after saying he would that's super lame.

Otherwise a good game by Weiss tonight.

Haka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 07:24 PM
ahmon

I love how he pulled out of the thornton fight.

Why should canucks middleweight fight a heavyweight.

Seriously the bruins crying the canucks are not tough, but pick lopsided fights?

If anything Thornton's IQ should be in question.

ahmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 07:24 PM
NugentHopkinsfan

I was very impressed with him today. Would be nice if he wasn't our toughest forward but at least he showed some toughness in Boston, something Oreo/Glass were terrified of doing in the playoffs.

NugentHopkinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 07:26 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by moog35 View Post
I know a lot of people didn't like it but I laughed my ass off at that part! Why should Weise (who fought already) fight a true enforcer like Thornton?

IMO Thornton was an idiot for throwing the gloves down as fast as he did.

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 07:27 PM
Kagee*

Finally fought yeah, but that was a bit weak how he looked when he seemed like he wanted to go, but backed off after.

Kagee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 07:27 PM
The Big Foot

Count me among the less than impressed crowd. If he's going to be our fourth line enforcer he just has to do a better job than that. Maybe it's just HBO playing with my head but I wish we had Mike Rupp on that fourth line instead of Weise. I don't think Weise earned a lot of respect today around the league.

The Big Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 07:29 PM
Crows*

Chris Neil Please.

Crows* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 07:30 PM
arsmaster

He's not there to enforce, as could be seen by him being on the ice with Kesler and the Sedins at times...he is a Canuck because he can play hockey and is willing.

It used to be a good play for someone to get the enforcer to drop his mitts first....should have been a Canuck PP.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 07:30 PM
Huntershin Karuk
Horvat is Horfat

Don't want any part of Neil. Undisciplined as hell.

Huntershin Karuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 07:33 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Not if you ask Don Cherry!

Why would Weise fight Thornton, it had nothing to do with the game at all, it was a smart play, one he should not have gotten a penalty for.

So if you throw your gloves on the ice, does the guy your glove lands closest to get 2 minutes for unsportsmanlike?

NHL=BUSH LEAGUE

Should not have been a penalty, but he also should not have tried to goad Thornton there. He was doing just fine before he did that. I didn't like it. He just needs to play his game - stop trying to be an enforcer because you aren't one and aren't expected to be one.

Bleach Clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 07:35 PM
Catamarca Livin

Weise threw a couple good hits had good fight and was very vocal. Good game for him. He is not an enforcer he is secondary toughness who can bang and play abit.

Catamarca Livin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 07:36 PM
Reign Nateo

Don't know why people are acting like this is some new move, literally one of the oldest tricks in the book. Used to be a PP though.

Weise was an underrated pickup, forget its really his first year.

Reign Nateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 07:41 PM
JonnyCash

I'm a HUGE Weise supporter. I honestly don't see anything wrong with his game at this point.

People who say they are not happy with him being our 'heavyweight', well he's not a heavyweight - it's the way our team is built, we simply don't have room for a goon.

JonnyCash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 07:47 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
Don't know why people are acting like this is some new move, literally one of the oldest tricks in the book. Used to be a PP though.

Weise was an underrated pickup, forget its really his first year.

He just didn't need to do it at that point.

Old
01-07-2012, 07:49 PM
Kagee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Yeah he still got a penalty anyways for that.

Kagee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 07:55 PM
NugentHopkinsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamarca Livin View Post
Weise threw a couple good hits had good fight and was very vocal. Good game for him. He is not an enforcer he is secondary toughness who can bang and play abit.
Exactly, he is secondary toughness on a team with NO primary toughness.

NugentHopkinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:12 PM
moog35

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugentHopkinsfan View Post
I was very impressed with him today. Would be nice if he wasn't our toughest forward but at least he showed some toughness in Boston, something Oreo/Glass were terrified of doing in the playoffs.
This

moog35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:15 PM
David71

he's not a fighter. but at least he has hockey skills. to go with it. sometimes he wishes he doesnt havta fight but is willing to stick up for teammates.

David71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:26 PM
Canucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
It's not a matter of needing, not not needing to do it. Thornton obviously instigated it, he wanted a piece of Wiese for going after Horton (the "superstar"). Why not try and egg on the dummy and try and get him to take an undisciplined penalty? This type of gamesmanship has always been around, the only people who chastise it are the dinosaurs who don't like to see big dumb goons made a fool of.

Canucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:53 PM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Total ***** move to goad Thorton into a fight then back away towards the refs.

The penalty was well deserved.

Maybe Mr Weiss needs lessons in subtlety.

Lonny Bohonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:57 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
It's not a matter of needing, not not needing to do it. Thornton obviously instigated it, he wanted a piece of Wiese for going after Horton (the "superstar"). Why not try and egg on the dummy and try and get him to take an undisciplined penalty? This type of gamesmanship has always been around, the only people who chastise it are the dinosaurs who don't like to see big dumb goons made a fool of.

It's not a matter of just goading him, he skated back and looked at the ref to save him. If you're gonna do that, take a few to the face to get the penalty. Don't run back to the ref looking like Kronwall on the play...

Old
01-07-2012, 09:07 PM
luongo321

vCash: 50
The Thorton incident was a failed troll attempt by Weise, but I don't blame him. He had a pretty damn long fight with Horton who is a big guy.

The best part about Weise is that, like you said, he doesn't take stupid penalties. Hardworking and does his job. Solid 4th liner.

luongo321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 09:18 PM
Jack Tripper
I Don't Even...

vCash: 625
liked everything he did in the boston game except the bait attempt on thornton...like diving, just because it's done around the league doesn't mean i like to see it done by canuck players, especially given how that first period was unfolding and the amount of threats thornton was making to canuck players in the warmup, the first period and throughout the game

i feel kind of bad for him because, even though he's not a natural tough guy, he plays on a team with perhaps the fewest amount of fighters in the league and therefore is thrust into the role as enforcer in rivalry games...i give him full props for showing up (except for the thornton incident) and being able to play a passable regular shift

Jack Tripper is offline   Reply With Quote