HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Harry Zolnierczyk

Old
01-07-2012, 05:57 PM
LeafsFan2342
#CallupColborne

vCash: 500
Harry Zolnierczyk

From an outsider being a Leafs fan, I wanted some insider input on Zolnierczyk. From what I have seen from him I thought he looked pretty good in the role he's been playing and was wondering what you value him at.

LeafsFan2342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 06:01 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

No idea what his value would be (not that much though).

Looks to be a decent 4th liner who has a ton of energy...hits and skates hard. Chips in points here and there too.

Roo Mad Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 06:02 PM
LeafsFan2342
#CallupColborne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richards18 View Post
No idea what his value would be (not that much though).

Looks to be a decent 4th liner who has a ton of energy...hits and skates hard. Chips in points here and there too.
What would you be ok with trading him for had this situation come to pass.

Old
01-07-2012, 06:18 PM
SgtJoseph

For those who do not know, Harry is the fastest skater on the Flyers, and he seems to do a great job creating some mismatches when he is on the ice....If he starts finishing a little more, he could net 12- 15 goals this season ?If he gets more minutes.Love his energy.

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 06:19 PM
dookie88

A bad to decent prospect would probably do it.

I don't see how it would make sense for us to trade Z.

He's not going to return anything of value while he brings a lot to the table for this team right now.
It's not like you just throw away depth because you have a lot of it.
With the way the Flyers have been hit with injuries this season, we should hang onto everybody we got right now.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 06:43 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsFan2342 View Post
From an outsider being a Leafs fan, I wanted some insider input on Zolnierczyk. From what I have seen from him I thought he looked pretty good in the role he's been playing and was wondering what you value him at.
He's fast and hits hard. I think he's an above average 4th liner. Always has energy, can pot maybe 8 goals and is a good PKer. Not unlike Powe and Flyers got a 3rd for him so.....

Please...

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 07:00 PM
LeafsFan2342
#CallupColborne

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
He's fast and hits hard. I think he's an above average 4th liner. Always has energy, can pot maybe 8 goals and is a good PKer. Not unlike Powe and Flyers got a 3rd for him so.....

Please...
So kind of like Mike Brown? Fast and hits a lot?

Old
01-07-2012, 07:21 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
So kind of like Mike Brown? Fast and hits a lot?
Brown has a few pounds on Harry Z but i think z has more offensive upside and is 2 yrs younger. Honestly though I havent seen enough of brown to say. But he is a very effective 4th liner.

Old
01-07-2012, 07:53 PM
LeafsFan2342
#CallupColborne

Quote:
Brown has a few pounds on Harry Z but i think z has more offensive upside and is 2 yrs younger. Honestly though I havent seen enough of brown to say. But he is a very effective 4th liner.
Thats probably true.

Another question: If the Leafs were to trade for Zolnierczyk, what would Flyers fans want from the Leafs?

Old
01-07-2012, 07:57 PM
kimmofan44

i love harry z. he is hands down the fastest forward on the flyers and that often takes opponents by suprise bc other teams 4th line players don't have nearly as much speed and jump as he does. he only has 4 points (3 goals 1 assist) but with a little work he could be a 30 point producer(15 and 15 maybe?). lavy has used him on the pk(thanks to his chemistry with couts) and isn't afraid have him go out there and harass a teams first line for a shift or two. all in all harry z is a great energy 4th line guy who has some decent potential. not to mention that when the time comes to send someone down to the ahl harry z has yet to be the one to pack his bags since he scored his first goal.

kimmofan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:23 PM
Mgkibbles

Ok hands, solid hitter, decent hockey sense, below average shot and passing, but blazing speed. He's a good depth forward, and could probably play on a lot of teams third line.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 09:00 PM
Coppy

Quote:
Thats probably true.

Another question: If the Leafs were to trade for Zolnierczyk, what would Flyers fans want from the Leafs?
Schenn?

Probably could be had for a 3rd/B level prospect.

Coppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 10:04 PM
Jtown

I see Harry Z eventually moving up to the third line once we lose our Forward Depth.

I hope he learns to PK sooner or later.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 10:43 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
His "value" is probably a lot lower than what it would take to actually work a trade for him... if you know what I mean.

He's a young 4th liner at the moment without much pedigree, so he probably isn't valued too highly around the NHL. But to our team, he has more value since he fits in really well with Couturier on the 4th line.

If we were to trade him, it would need to be for a similar player on the defensive side (young, 3rd pairing type), or it would need to be for a pretty good offensive or defensive prospect w/ potential to be more than Harry Z. Otherwise, it just doesn't make sense to deal him.

Basically, if the trade doesn't return a guy w/ 2nd line or 2nd pairing potential or a guy who can slot in right now on our defense ahead of Lilja or Bourdon, it doesn't make much sense for us.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:12 PM
phlocky

Quote:
What would you be ok with trading him for had this situation come to pass.
Harry Z is probably most like Powe from our team from the past few seasons both in his style of play, his role and his abilities. The Flyers traded Powe for a 3rd rnd pick IIRC but that was when we were most likely looking at losing him for nothing. Z is signed to a good price for the role we expect of him and IMO it's unlikely that we trade him. I doubt that we'd trade him for a 3rd as he holds more value to us than that pick and I seriously doubt that anyone would offer a 2nd or more for him at this point. Thus, he's a classic example of a player who is more valuable to his team than he is in a trade. What the Flyers would have to be offered to consider trading him is way more than he's really worth and certainly a lot more than any team (with any sense at all) would be willing to pay to get him.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:13 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Thats probably true.

I would say a 3rd is fair value but I don't know if I would do it for that. Anything more to ask for is ridiculous but I don't know if a 3rd is worth what he means to our fourth line. Honestly I would probably take the 3rd but I can't speak for anyone else

Last edited by FlyersFan61290: 01-07-2012 at 11:19 PM.
Old
01-07-2012, 11:17 PM
bryzgalovsky*

kessel

bryzgalovsky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:26 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
I would say a 3rd is fair value but I don't know if I would do it for that. Anything more to ask for is ridiculous but I don't know if a 3rd is worth what he means to our fourth line. Honestly I would probably take the 3rd but I can't speak for anyone else
I'd say no.

I know 2nd rounders have roughly a 20% chance of ever making an impact in the NHL, I can only imagine how bad the % is for a 3rd rounder... why would we trade a guy already making an impact who is blazing fast and dirt cheap for the next 3 years for a 3rd round pick?

Doesn't make much sense, does it?

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:47 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
I'd say no.

I know 2nd rounders have roughly a 20% chance of ever making an impact in the NHL, I can only imagine how bad the % is for a 3rd rounder... why would we trade a guy already making an impact who is blazing fast and dirt cheap for the next 3 years for a 3rd round pick?

Doesn't make much sense, does it?

That's about what his actual value is at, just go look at the Powe and a host of other similar trades. However, you are correct in that WE wouldn't trade him for just a 3rd right now because he's a signed player (unlike Powe when we traded him) and he fulfills the role we expect of him very well for the salary we are paying him. For us to trade him (as another in here said) we'd expect one of the following: 1) a dman with 3rd pairing ability who would slot in ahead of both Lilja and MAB, 2) a young prospect (not yet in the NHL) who projects to have a higher upside than Z (2nd pairing dman or 2nd/3rd line tweener), or 3) 2nd rnd pick (plus maybey another later rnd pick too).

While this may be what WE'd need to trade Z, no team would actually offer that much so you can't say that his actual value is that much.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:49 PM
BrindamoursNose

I know Harry Z is a C-D prospect and will never amount to anything statistically, but we NEED this guy's energy. Despite Briere getting 3 goals today, the Kid Line was the MOST effective line today for the Flyers and on many nights they do the same. Harry Z's hustle, speed and hitting is more effective than anyone else's on the team (only competition is Hartnell and Rinaldo).

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote