HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

NHL Realignment Delayed

Old
01-07-2012, 08:06 PM
SgtJoseph

vCash: 500
Hopefully they can work things out......If they EVER go on strike again though, i am 100% done with all of it.Never been a Union guy, and never will be in a Union of any kind......Rather stand on my own 2 feet and make my own way.Hopefully cool heads will prevail and things will work out.I see this as nothing more than Posturing .

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:13 PM
MountainHawk

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
Hopefully they can work things out......If they EVER go on strike again though, i am 100% done with all of it.Never been a Union guy, and never will be in a Union of any kind......Rather stand on my own 2 feet and make my own way.Hopefully cool heads will prevail and things will work out.I see this as nothing more than Posturing .
Lockout is a given with Fehr at the helm. Just hope it doesn't cost games.

MountainHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:13 PM
healthyscratch

"The way it is now, I don't mind. I think for us, for our team, going into a division against Washington, New York, Pittsburgh, Philly, whatever. The division we were in, it would have been tough." -Eric Staal

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:23 PM
kimmofan44

i wasn't thrilled with the way the playoffs were going to be handled so i'm not upset that the players union is squashing it for now. the thought of a team making the playoffs at under 500 just bc they are 4th in their crappy division keeps me awake at night. could you imagine being 5th in a tough divison having like 98 pts and not making the playoffs but a team with like 80 makes it in just bc they are in a hum drum division?

kimmofan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:25 PM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
Lockout is a given with Fehr at the helm. Just hope it doesn't cost games.
I am afraid you just may be right ! Never liked that guy during his Baseball years...Lots of folks losing jobs, unemployed, etc, and this nonsense goes on.There is certainly some merit to some of the arguments against the realignment, But i think those arguments are just a small piece of what is REALLY going to be fought over and addressed?I hope i am wrong ! Donald Fehr is so crooked he will literally have to be screwed into the ground when he dies.

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:31 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
I can't imagine another lockout causing the league to shut down and miss games. Everyone involved would be incredibly stupid to go through that again. I think if anything there will be a lot of the posturing that went on with the NFL but we won't see any lost games...I hope.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:45 PM
StandingCow

vCash: 50
I couldn't image going through a lockout... just the offseason is torture enough for me.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:47 PM
MountainHawk

vCash: 450
I expect there will be a lockout, but no real time lost, just a shorter free agency period. NHLPA would get destroyed if they try to push it out into the training camp/games.

MountainHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:55 PM
kimmofan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I can't imagine another lockout causing the league to shut down and miss games. Everyone involved would be incredibly stupid to go through that again. I think if anything there will be a lot of the posturing that went on with the NFL but we won't see any lost games...I hope.
i took a long time for the nhl to recover last lock out. though it is the only sport i watch i am not dumb to the fact that it isn't the most popular. any substaintal loss in revinue and the league could be dissbanded next time. the players union shouldn't loss sight that in some markets hockey is as much of an afterthought as soccer. its still building its popularity with the adverage sports fan and should be wary of dropping out of the public eye.

kimmofan44 is offline   Reply With Quote