HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

#42 Kings get BJ'd ... Can we just STOP w/ Afternoon games already ?

Old
01-07-2012, 08:40 PM
johnjm22

vCash: 500
After reading Sutter's post game comments, I'm not expecting any changes. He doesn't seem too concerned.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:40 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Gaborik is spilled milk, no sense to wallow in it.

The good news is that Leiweke obviously has his eye on this team based on the fact that he forced Lombardi's hand when it came to firing Murray. That means that Deano is on a short leash and I doubt he will be here next season unless things change for the better really, really soon. The only problem will be if the new GM will be able to work with what Lombardi left him.

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:41 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Kopitar and Brown are poison together. Maybe it's time they were split apart. Try these lines out coach:

Penner-Kopitar-Williams
Clifford-Richards-Brown
Richardson-Loktionov-Lewis
Fraser-Stoll-Hunter/Westgarth

And with Simon Gagne out for an extended period of time, Lombardi better get his ass in gear and bring in another top six forward because none of the options currently available on the roster or in Manchester are really a good enough replacement to fill Gagne's void.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:44 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
I don't think there's a need to freak out about not having a Gaborik, Kovy, Hossa etc. In case you haven't noticed most teams don't either. What we DO have are Kopi, Richards, Doughty, Johnson, Quick, Mitchell, Brown Scuderi, all very solid players. So, no, I don't get why people freak out, because myself and some others here aren't freaking out.

We have a good solid team on paper. I have no idea why this team can't score, I really don't. If we can only score, we wouldn't be having these discussion.

In any case, we're at the half way mark and we're a marginal team in the standings. I know we can play a lot better, a LOT better but we shall see.

I would like to see DS bring in his coaches and see if that can turn this team around offensively. And if not, then we need to make some changes in roster, simple as that.

I still believe in our boys and I hope you guys do as well, because we're too good and it's way too early to give up.
Serious question.

The season is half over, when is it not too early ? March ?

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:46 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Don't forget that Dean ****ed up the contracts of Holloway and Moller and they bolted overseas. The Kings and Monarchs are suffering for those mistakes.

The GM needs tangible results to keep his job. Potential doesn't mean ****.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:49 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Don't forget that Dean ****ed up the contracts of Holloway and Moller and they bolted overseas. The Kings and Monarchs are suffering for that mistake.
They weren't culture changers you say ? No sand paper to their game ?

The Kings needed a DH type you know the 9th inning DH type.

Ok I will stop I just love Dean's Baseball comments though.

Old
01-07-2012, 08:50 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Serious question.

The season is half over, when is it not too early ? March ?
That's a good question.

I guess after the trade deadline, if our roster remains the same, and we still haven't figured out our offense futility, then I think I may be a bit concerned.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:50 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I agree entirely with what RH had to say.

If we reach the deadline in contention for a playoff spot and are still w/o a top 6 NHL caliber LW then I think we would be approaching the point where we would have to either add one or count on facing the possibility of missing the playoffs which would likely cost DL his job.

Regime change and trades would cost us what we have gained (likely) over the past few years and then, I would begin to think that it is time. Maybe.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:51 PM
KingsFan7824

Quote:
Gaborik's agent took the same contract to the Kings and Dean said no. Gaborik would have signed with LA if Dean offered the five years.
So that was going to be it then? The Kings had final say? Gaborik's agent wouldn't have gone back to the Rangers to try and see if he could squeeze out even just another penny? It would've ended up as the same thing with Richards last summer. It's a nice show, but if the Rangers want you, the Rangers get you.

Quote:
Willams and Handzus were given a 4 year deal by Dean. Dean takes risks with middle-tier talent but not top-tier talent.

Gaborik was and is worth the risk. Seems to be doing okay in NY.

Kings are 30th in offense. Down to 2.02 goals per game. Even worse if you figure goals per 60 minutes.
That is on Dean and his philosophy. He was visibly upset when he fired Murray, he thinks his way works. We have the SJ and LA experiments to show it doesn't.

No reason to trade for Penner if gaborik is signed.
Middle tier talent is what the Kings can get in free agency, and they have to overpay to get it.

KingsFan7824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:54 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I agree entirely with what RH had to say.

If we reach the deadline in contention for a playoff spot and are still w/o a top 6 NHL caliber LW then I think we would be approaching the point where we would have to either add one or count on facing the possibility of missing the playoffs which would likely cost DL his job.

Regime change and trades would cost us what we have gained (likely) over the past few years and then, I would begin to think that it is time. Maybe.
I can get on board with that, Hope and Change Baby.

Old
01-07-2012, 08:56 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Kings are now 29th on the PP.

Old
01-07-2012, 08:58 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Dave Nonis, Jim Nill, Craig Patrick, Bob Gainey, Ron Hextall... which one of those would you like to see as the next Kings GM? I don't think it'll be easy to get Nill to leave Detroit, Nonis would be an interesting choice as he's learned the role under Brian Burke. Patrick had a lot of success with Pittsburgh and is part of the US hockey program as well.

Old
01-07-2012, 08:58 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Once they hit 30th Can only go up right ?

Old
01-07-2012, 08:59 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Dave Nonis, Jim Nill, Craig Patrick, Bob Gainey, Ron Hextall... which one of those would you like to see as the next Kings GM? I don't think it'll be easy to get Nill to leave Detroit, Nonis would be an interesting choice as he's learned the role under Brian Burke. Patrick had a lot of success with Pittsburgh and is part of the US hockey program as well.
No to Hextall he has the same mindset as Dean. I like Hextall as a person. But not as a GM. I would like to see someone form Boston's (player/drafting/Personnel Department). That team is really balanced and their prospects produce.

Or someone from Detroit. No more Philly old school re makes please.

Old
01-07-2012, 09:02 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Did we win something for that?

Can I take what's behind curtain number 2???

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 09:05 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Did we win something for that?

Can I take what's behind curtain number 2???
Kompon gets a raise if he can make the PP worst than the 5-on-5 offense.

Old
01-07-2012, 09:06 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
No to Hextall he has the same mindset as Dean. I like Hextall as a person. But not as a GM. I would like to see someone form Boston's (player/drafting/Personnel Department). That team is really balanced and their prospects produce.

Or someone from Detroit.
Y'know Mike O'Connell was still Bruins GM when they drafted the likes of Patrice Bergeron and David Krejci (and signed Tim Thomas) and he's employed by the Kings. Jim Benning is the Assistant GM in Boston.

Michael Futa could be another option.

Old
01-07-2012, 09:21 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Watching other NHL games just makes me more frustrated. It looks like a completely different sport when the Kings aren't playing.

Where the **** is that team that played Vancouver last Saturday?

Old
01-07-2012, 09:24 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Watching other NHL games just makes me more frustrated. It looks like a completely different sport when the Kings aren't playing.

Where the **** is that team that played Vancouver last Saturday?
Fluke, every team hates Van. It's real easy to get pumped up against that team.

Old
01-07-2012, 09:29 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

From nothelen:

In the meantime, Sutter said he doesn't intend to display the nasty side of his personality.

"We did everything we wanted to do except score on the power play, so I don't think you beat them up over that, right?" he said.

That's a rather large "except." If he won't get angry, someone else in that locker room should.

Old
01-07-2012, 09:34 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:
After reading Sutter's post game comments, I'm not expecting any changes. He doesn't seem too concerned.
I saw the video of his post game remarks and I didn't get why he wasn't angry or upset. How do you go 0 for 8 on PP? And why isn't he concerned with that?
He outta make this team bag and skate tomorrow.

How can this team look Quick in the eye in the locker room? How many L's does have that he doesn't deserve like today?

IS sutter the only person who can't see the major MAJOR fail in having Richards at LW? It didn't work the first game and it didn't today and it won't this week. He 's not comfortable there ,which is why Briere and Carter did the Wing in Philly when required. How many times did he and Kopi end up skating into each other or in the same place? He's far too skilled at center...put him back there. Williams is the only winger (I think) who hasn't played with Ricahrds yet. Put him and Stoll on Ricahrds wing, why could it hurt...

Unless Sutter isn't upset becaues he knows there is a trade coming???

I really thought after this lackluster effort , he'd at least be fired up....

They need a major shakeup and a big trade...

How can they not be embarrased being shut out by the bluejackets?

Don't they have any pride?

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 09:35 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

The most frustrating thing about the way this team plays is the fact that they do everything right away from the puck. There are no holes defensively and on the PK unit. But then you look at the other side of the game and it's the complete opposite. It's maddening. Imagine the results had this team been capable of scoring a few more goals.

Old
01-07-2012, 09:36 PM
Whiskeypete

Quote:
someone else in that locker room should.
paging Mr Brown. Mr Dustin Brown please step forward to the podium. Mr Brown, it's gut check time please bring your balls with you. paging Mr Brown

to me Sutter's response is him not saying the team leaders need to handle the 'angry' side. i think Sutter wants to know who and what he has in the locker room

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 09:40 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
From nothelen:

In the meantime, Sutter said he doesn't intend to display the nasty side of his personality.

"We did everything we wanted to do except score on the power play, so I don't think you beat them up over that, right?" he said.

That's a rather large "except." If he won't get angry, someone else in that locker room should.
Sutter is eerily edging toward the Terry Murray territory of "Aww shucks, you boys sure did try hard. Golly gee willikers, we'll sure get 'em next time!"

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 09:46 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
From nothelen:

Where is Sutter's fire? This is turning into Murray 2.0 in more ways then we initially thought

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote